Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unwatchable First Season

What is a show that ultimately went on to become great that had an awful first season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 3:00 AM

Parks and Recreation

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 5:05 AM

"Dynasty."

Season 1 was "realistic" and a dreary bore — and Blake actually rapes Krystle, a fact that is forgotten.

Season 2 starts off with Joan Collins lifting her veil and taking the stand and soon we're in rich bitch camp cartoonland.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 5:15 AM

R2 I thought Dynasty season 1 had its moments, but it also had a lot of boring stuff. Steven definitely had some fascinating moments in there. They did reference that later during the endless Rita saga when Blake said, “do I have to force you again?”

But yeah, season 2 was a vast improvement.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 5:23 AM

"Dallas" was pretty dull the first season, although it did have the campiest moment of the entire series: a sobbing Sue Ellen forced by kidnappers to sing the song with which she won Miss Texas.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 5:26 AM

The 2nd and 3rd seasons of "The Leftovers" were infinitely better than the first. It was too depressed and dreary the first season.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 5:27 AM

The Simpsons season one is a slog. There is one funny episode — “Life on the Fast Lane” — where Marge considers having an affair with a bowling instructor named Jacques. The rest is sooooo boring and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 5:28 AM

will and grace

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 5:29 AM

Clinton, the Presidency was definitely better the second season.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 5:29 AM

The first three seasons of Seinfeld are pretty bad with a few good episodes sprinkled in.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 2:56 AM

Fringe and Person of Interest had lackluster first seasons that were too episodic and procedural. Once they leaned more heavily into their mythologies and serialization they vastly improved. Fringe's reveal in the first season finale is the only reason I tuned in for season 2, as I was planning to stop after the first season.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 3:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!