Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Life really does suck

And then you really do die

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2021 1:10 AM

Bill, stop waxing poetic and have some champagne already.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 4:24 AM

I'll admit, life is very challenging. One step forward, two steps back all the time.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 5:02 AM

Meh, some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 5:19 AM

The older I get the more it does suck. My mom was right when she said it’s a good thing we don’t know the future . I don’t think I’m different from others .

You realize that not one fucking thing in your life turned out as you had hoped or even expected . Weird shit happens . Yet we survive

I think of killing my self everyday yet still want to live and still do my therapy and psych meds, I’m amazed I’ve managed to stay sober but I don’t want that kind of death

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 5:54 AM

I’ve been contemplating this very thing all night.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 5:58 AM

There are some good moments though.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 6:10 AM

There damn well better be some kind of after life. I hope I’m not going through decades and decades of this crap, only to completely disappear into nothingness when I die. Surely life on earth is some kind of “paying your dues” and something better awaits you.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 3:35 PM

^ Here's the good news, if there's no afterlife you'll be too dead to know it

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 3:37 PM

I'm afraid it's all about life on here and now. No afterlife. So better stop whining and start living.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 3:38 PM

Things almost never work out the way we envision them, but truthfully often those “dreams” are rather one-dimensional and could never really work. Life certainly has a way of making things more complicated, and difficult than we envision, but in many respects also more interestingly as well.

Often it really largely comes down to our own attitude - the half empty or half full cliche. The one thing I’ve come to believe is that happiness is a choice.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 3:52 PM

Oh ffs go live in a shack in Africa for a year then get back to us. Most of us on here have it good compared to the rest of the world’s population.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 4:10 PM

People living in shacks in Africa are often generally much happier than we are in the West.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 5:11 PM

R11, totally agree. People in North America whining that their lives suck, haven't seen what the rest of the world looks like and how other people live. So self absorbed. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote] There damn well better be some kind of after life. I hope I’m not going through decades and decades of this crap, only to completely disappear into nothingness when I die. Surely life on earth is some kind of “paying your dues” and something better awaits you.

Yeah, you'll be too dead to be angry.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2021 1:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!