Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FDA panel recommends Johnson & Johnson COVID booster for people 18 and up

What FUCKING SUCKS about this entire thing is the people who did the right thing and stood in lines for the vaccine when it started back in April basically get the same efficacy as they did back then with about 74%. BUT THE ASSHOLE CUNTS who did not do the right thing get an efficacy of 94% two months after getting the first J&J shot. They benefit more for being selfish DICKS and waiting!

I took J&J back in BECAUSE it was the only vaccine available in my area and EVERYONE said 'TAKE WHATEVER VACCINE YOU CAN GET!" It should have been a two shot vaccine in the first fucking place!

This is why I sometime HATE America!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2021 5:14 PM

You can't get a booster?

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 3:33 AM

Yes, r1. At some point in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 3:40 AM

Well what's the damn deal then? You're going to stroke out bitching about not getting a booster fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 3:44 AM

r1/r3 has zero comprehension skills.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 3:45 AM

R4 has a very short memory of how bad things were before they rolled out any vaccines. And you were protected earlier on when far fewer people were fully vaccinated, even if they wanted it, and before Delta burned through a few more hundred thousand who didn't want it.

You're not going to die of covid, that's the main thing. That was the point.

You might die from being a fucking spazz, though.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 3:53 AM

r1/ r3/r5 I got mine the week of16+ started so basically most people started it when I did. Your short memory is short too, dear.

I realizes walking upright is difficult for someone like you but maybe instead of trolling here you should practice that, hon.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 4:20 AM

I agree, OP. Johnson and Johnson is a terrible company with a terrible track record, so this is not unexpected.

Remember earlier this year, immediately before the J&J rollout, we were all told to ignore the fact that J&J was clearly less effective that Pfizer and Moderna? And how anyone on this board who said they preferred NOT to get J&J was labeled “Boris,” “anti-vaxxer,” etc.?

Glad I held out for Pfizer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2021 3:56 PM

If I got the JJ vaccine I would want a moderna booster.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 3:58 PM

They are recommending a booster for J&J and Pfizer and probably Moderna soon.

The effectiveness isn't really known as they do not conduct double blind studies.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 3:58 PM

R9, true. But I haven’t seen any studies on Pfizer and Moderna that suggest their effectiveness dips as low as 3% after a few months.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 4:00 PM

The author of this article….SMUG ALERT!

“I am a writer, wife, and mother of three with a penchant for coffee, wanderlust, and practical idealism. On good days, I enjoy the beautiful struggle of maintaining a well-balanced life. On bad days, I binge on chocolate and dream of traveling the world.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 4:12 PM

R10, this came from the article that said J&J drops to 3%: A recent study of 620,000 military veterans found that J&J's vaccine's protection fell from 88% in March to just 3% in August. The FDA advisory committee unanimously voted on Friday to recommend COVID booster shots of J&J's vaccine to all adults after two months. (Moderna's vaccine effectiveness fell from 92% to 64% and Pfizer's vaccine protection dropped from 91% to 50%.)

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2021 4:33 PM

I just got my Pfizer booster on Friday. I felt shitty yesterday, but today I'm fine and relieved to have the extra protection.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2021 5:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!