Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hey! Fat Whores! Ya' Wanna Feel Like a No Talent Failure?

Remember when you had hopes, dreams, and some kind of artistic ambition?

This is what it looks like when hard work and drive pay off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 12:05 PM

This is when Youtube gets the algorithm right and drops something like this on your home page.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 1:55 AM

Sparkle ponies love this style of treacle schlock. It's universal for talent TV extravaganza! The Ukrainian Russian Vitas made a career from this, but luckily he was a weirdo and made it strange for a while.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 2:11 AM

Sorry OP. Steff is far prettier, and without the angst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 2:14 AM

wow a man with a 5 octave range!

He's cute too. He could put Kazakhstan on the map pop culture-wise

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 2:15 AM

R3 no way. OP is better

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 2:16 AM

Singer’s dad is hot.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 2:27 AM

R2 While I appreciate your contribution, I have no idea what you're saying. Are you saying this Chinese guy is a weirdo? Because he's on a Chinese show, but singing in french, so I don't understand how Ukrainian/ Russian is a factor in his talent.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 2:27 AM

he's Kazakh not Chinese

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 2:28 AM

But the Show is Chinese that he's competing on.

But who cares!!! Did you watch the clip?? Holy fuck, the guy is talented as hell!!!

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 2:31 AM

^Unless that is a recording.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 2:31 AM

Ooooookaaaaay... You're a troll. Got it. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 2:33 AM

VItas is a star in Russia who got his start with easy theatrical vocal show-off.

Its a very old trope in talent competitions. Vitas is talented (and was weirdly cute too when young) büt used quite maudlin, dramatic, theatrical effects. It's about taste. This is the same for the object of your affection, Dimash.

The TV show knows how to manipulate with very effective editing and overblown reaction shots, guiding the view at home (you, the sparkle pony) in the proper reaction of AWE.

It's not that the young men have no talent, it's that its treacle to anyone who has good taste in singing and performance. Of course, we can enjoy it as camp, as I do with Vitas.

The poster above showed you Steff to help educate your taste, so you could see Steff does it without the same kind of theatrics, a simpler presentation, although he pours on the charm in a different way.

I'm sorry my snobby snarky input is beyond your comprehension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 10:53 AM

Isn’t he the one who claimed he was being held hostage by the Chinese who won’t let him leave or go anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 12:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!