Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If 1974's campy fascist smut fest The Night Porter had been shot with a man as Lucia...

The Night Porter (Italian: Il portiere di notte) is a 1974 Italian erotic psychological drama film directed and co-written by Liliana Cavan and starring debonaire Dirk Bogarde and the ravishing ice queen Charlotte Rampling as Lucia. If Char Ramps had to be replace by a 1970s actor, who would it be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 7:40 PM

I would remake it in a 1970s Belfast Proddy prison with Liam Neeson as Dirk/Jonathon Rhys-Myers as an IRA prisoner in the Rampling role.

Somewhat like Jolie's insane Serbian schlock, but more repressed and manly.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 1:36 AM

What a bloody shitty list of actors you have up yours, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 1:39 AM

That's the point R2.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 1:34 PM

You're an idiot, OP.

And, like many of them, so proud of it.

Tell Mommy your worms are back.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 1:35 PM

Why are we supposed to fricking care what the hell actors could have replaced other actors in movies??? The trolls around here are creative (and nuts).

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 1:38 PM

R2, jrm would do it. He made a movie with rampling and he adored her because of the night porter.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 7:05 PM

R5 it's a parody thread of an INSANE OCD POLL TROLL

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 7:14 PM

I know this is a parody post but I'd have killed to see Alan Alda or Johnny Rotten attempt this.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 7:16 PM

damn. i really thought it was being remade with a male lead and got excited

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 7:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!