Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tell me your spooky stories DL. 🎃

It's October after all. I'm cradling a mug of pumpkin spice tea in anticipation.

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2021 11:37 PM

Check our MrBallen on Youtube - his whole channel is filled with scary stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 1:54 AM

This is a true story.

I grew up in a haunted house, and I'm certain something evil occupied it, something far beyond dead persons who had passed on and had lost their way. Whatever occupied that house was malevolent. Stuff happened to both my brother and I, and I'm sure my parents knew and moved due in large part to it. They also had the house blessed twice, which was a huge clue, even though they never acknowledged their suspicions to us, presumably so as not to scare us.

Years later, I met someone online and had the opportunity to speak with him before meeting (something that was sometimes done in the early days of online dating) and we got onto the topic of haunted houses because it was just before Halloween. He began to tell me about a recent experience at his friend's house which he fled in the dead of night because **something** was happening that he couldn't explain. He believed he was being attacked by something supernatural and began to describe it to me, a description which made my blood ran cold. I won't describe it here because I'm still afraid of conjuring it, after all these years.

His description of the entity and the neighborhood sounded familiar, so I asked him where the house was. It was my old neighborhood. As my heart began to pound seemingly out of my chest, I asked him if he recalled the street name; he did, and it was my old street. Finally, I asked him for the house number and sure enough, it was my old house.

I quickly ended the phonecall and ghosted him (no pun intended). I honestly believe that his story, and my stumbling upon him so randomly, was a message / warning / confirmation from whatever evil that resided in that house, that what I had experienced as a kid was real and not imagined. Even more terrifyingly, I also believed it wanted me know that it could still REACH me.

While I'm reasonably skeptical of most things, I will never forget this encounter and do not believe in such extreme coincidences. I still burn frankincense regularly in my new home, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 2:44 AM

Which made my blood RUN* cold.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 2:46 AM

That was GREAT, R2, and I won’t be surprised to find myself thinking about it at 3:00 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 2:49 AM

Once a year you should cleanse your ass with sage smoke and recite a chant to banish any spirits that might have attached to you after fucking someone with negative energy. Otherwise you can become possessed by their spirit.👹

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 3:04 AM

[R2], you know how we give 0/10 for stories? I read your story and I could feel the fear flowing out of your fingers. Holy mother fucking Hindenburg! And the coincidence of it reaching you through a random acquaintance takes the biscuit. I can only advise you to regularly engage in whatever those activities are that neutralize evil. Have you thought of contacting a Catholic priest to talk about it? Some of them might give you valuable information. I'm not joking. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 4:45 AM

Thanks R6. I'm Greek Orthodox and I have consulted a priest. The advice I got was prayer and frankincense (it's used in the church as well). So far, all is well. I burn white sage incense too, but frankincense is apparently more effective and powerful against negative forces.

I've also been told that this type of energy feeds off fear. The less fearful you are, the less power they have over you. So I focus on that as well. Good advice for anyone who has experienced something like this (I can't be the only one).

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 3:47 PM

Bump ( in the night)

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 8:34 PM

Any more?

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 10:10 PM

During the summer of 1981, I was home after my freshman year of college. I was visiting the neighbor in the house behind ours and she and I were playing cards on her back porch, so I could see my family’s house clearly from where I sat.

It was around 6 PM and and I saw my parents pulling their car into the garage that was under the back portion of the house. I told my friend that I needed to go home now that my parents were back because it was dinner time, so I walked across her backyard into our backyard and went in through the kitchen door. Once inside, I found my parents walking around the house, obviously looking for something.

My mother saw me and asked: “Where did you go? Where were you?” I had no idea what she was talking about but told both parents that I had been at the neighbor’s home and had just come back home when I saw them pull into the garage. She then asked: “But when were you playing the piano? We could hear the piano playing when we got out of the car and started coming upstairs, and then it stopped. It was one of the pieces you’ve been playing recently.”

I told them that I literally just walked into the house and hadn’t played all day. They both swore that the piano was being played, that they both heard it, and they both recognized the piece. I then sat at the piano and went through my recent repertoire until the both said, simultaneously: “That’s it!!!”

We were all a bit shaken up, but not really scared as the event, while weird, was totally harmless. I haven’t thought about this incident in years, but it seems appropriate for this thread. BTW, the piece in question was the first movement of Beethoven’s piano sonata, Op. 79.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 11:00 PM

r6 = r2 and a complete loon.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 11:26 PM

We are not the same people, R11. Now kindly fuck off, pissflap.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2021 11:34 PM

Sure you're not, hon.

You can prove you're not just using sock puppet accounts like anybody else.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 12:19 AM

Wtf is wrong with you, R13? Get fucked. I have nothing to prove and if it's so important to you, go ahead and PROVE IT YOURSELF. I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON AS R6. Prove that I am, cunt flap.

Also, you type smelly. Using your logic, I can prove this. Go wash your ass and get out of your dad's basement for a few. When was the last time you got fresh air?

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 1:01 AM

R2's contributions to this thread, showing its colors. Does anyone wonder what the "something evil" is here?

Tell me your spooky stories DL. 🎃 This is a true story.

I grew up in a haunted house, and I'm certain something evil occupied it, something far beyond dead persons who had passed on and had lost their way. Whatever occupied that house was malevolent. Stuff happened to both my brother and I, and I'm sure my parents knew and moved due in large part to it. They also had the house blessed twice, which was a huge clue, even though they never acknowledged their suspicions to us, presumably so as not to scare us.

Years later, I met someone online and had the opportunity to speak with him before meeting (something that was sometimes done in the early days of online dating) and we got onto the topic of haunted houses because it was just before Halloween. He began to tell me about a recent experience at his friend's house which he fled in the dead of night because **something** was happening that he couldn't explain. He believed he was being attacked by something supernatural and began to describe it to me, a description which made my blood ran cold. I won't describe it here because I'm still afraid of conjuring it, after all these years.

His description of the entity and the neighborhood sounded familiar, so I asked him where the house was. It was my old neighborhood. As my heart began to pound seemingly out of my chest, I asked him if he recalled the street name; he did, and it was my old street. Finally, I asked him for the house number and sure enough, it was my old house.

I quickly ended the phonecall and ghosted him (no pun intended). I honestly believe that his story, and my stumbling upon him so randomly, was a message / warning / confirmation from whatever evil that resided in that house, that what I had experienced as a kid was real and not imagined. Even more terrifyingly, I also believed it wanted me know that it could still REACH me.

While I'm reasonably skeptical of most things, I will never forget this encounter and do not believe in such extreme coincidences. I still burn frankincense regularly in my new ho [more]

Tell me your spooky stories DL. 🎃 Which made my blood RUN* cold.

Tell me your spooky stories DL. 🎃 Thanks R6. I'm Greek Orthodox and I have consulted a priest. The advice I got was prayer and frankincense (it's used in the church as well). So far, all is well. I burn white sage incense too, but frankincense is apparently more effective and powerful against negative forces.

I've also been told that this type of energy feeds off fear. The less fearful you are, the less power they have over you. So I focus on that as well. Good advice for anyone who has experienced something like this (I can't be the only one).

Tell me your spooky stories DL. 🎃 We are not the same people, R11. Now kindly fuck off, pissflap.

Tell me your spooky stories DL. 🎃 Wtf is wrong with you, R13? Get fucked. I have nothing to prove and if it's so important to you, go ahead and PROVE IT YOURSELF. I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON AS R6. Prove that I am, cunt flap.

Also, you type smelly. Using your logic, I can prove this. Go wash your ass and get out of your dad's basement for a few. When was the last time you got fresh air?

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 1:05 AM

My younger brother is a diagnosed and poorly medicated schizophrenic who claimed, from early childhood, to see ghosts. Bad ones.

It was unnerving to wake up in the dead of night to hear him screaming about an old woman in a robe standing over his bed on the other side of the room. It got worse over time. He said first she was standing in the bedroom doorway, then at the end of his bed. Then he closed his eyes and opened them and she was was staring right into his face and grinning.

Another time, he swore a demon was hiding in the corner of the bedroom. There was nothing there but it could induce panic attacks for me.

I knew none of it was real but one night, he woke me up screaming that there was a glowing green orb floating around near our ceiling. As I ran to switch on the light and show him everything was okay, I too saw the glowing green orb. It was there and I attempted to grab it, only to send him into worse hysterics in which he claimed 'now it knows you, too.'

I went to live with my dad as soon as I could. I loved my brother and knew deep down that he was ill, but I was terrified I'd start seeing the same things, too.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote]That was GREAT, [R2], and I won’t be surprised to find myself thinking about it at 3:00 a.m.

Oh to be able to call you and scare the crap out of you at exactly 3am!

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 1:33 AM

A few years back a friend of a friend who claims to be psychic, told me the ghost of a woman who died a centuries ago, visit's the house on occasion, what I hadn't told him was that sometimes at night I hear knocking on my bedroom door, and on a couple of occasions I've heard a woman's voice.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2021 1:42 AM

I don't believe in the supernatural, but for the five minutes during which I had my first (of two - hopefully no more) episode of sleep paralysis, you better fucking believe I did! Felt like the devil himself was in the room with me. Thank god I had read about it once long ago, so I *kind of* knew what was going on while it was happening. Otherwise, I'd probably be some religious nutcase by now - or else believe I'd been abducted by aliens. Scariest thing by far that has ever happened to me, and I've had some scrapes in my day. Cannot even begin to imagine what the experience must do uneducated people who go through it...

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2021 1:42 AM

As a kid living with my mom, sister and brother, the phone rang about 2am. A man told Mother there had been a massive radiation accident at nearby Tinker Field AFB about 30 miles from our home in shawnee Ok He advised her to immediately evacuate the house and wait for further instructions Mother called the police, was told "someone is trying to lure you out of your home, we're on the way" We were so scared, crying, double checking locks. For about a week they drove by regularly and that night parked in the driveway. Time passes, things get back to normal About 5 yrs later our family was visiting mothers work friend with kids our age The teenaged boy pipes up with, REMEMBER THAT TIME WE CALLED YOU GUYS ABOUT TINKER FIELD?

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2021 1:54 AM

R15 is R11.

What does your copy paste of my initial story and my responses to your attacks prove in your lizard brain, other than the fact that you've been trolling me?

How sad and pathetic do you have to be to create multiple accounts just so you can circumvent being blocked?

Die in a grease fire. And done with you. You're what's wrong with DL.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2021 1:59 AM

I don't understand it either R21. What was its point?

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2021 2:01 AM

R10 was a great story. R2 was vague and kind of retarded, and the 11 W&Ws it got are baffling, as was R6’s kooky response.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2021 2:06 AM

To get a reaction presumably, R22. And I fed the troll. I won't make that mistake again.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2021 2:15 AM

I'm so confused

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2021 2:22 AM

That’s right around the time I’ll be awake from having heard those little thumps that have no source that I can figure out, R17! For a while it never occurred to me to be scared of them, probably because I was too sleepy to pull my thought processes together, but the other night I remember thinking that there really IS no reason for a sound to come from the place that one sound just did.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2021 3:43 AM

Can someone explain to me what is scary about R20’s story? It’s about kids making a crank phone call?

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2021 6:28 AM

They only learned it was a crank phone call 5 years later, R27. The police thought it was someone trying to lure them out of their house for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2021 6:49 AM

Similar:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2021 7:44 AM

I really love this story, R2 but it's not like there's an overabundance of haunted houses in any given area. If you were in an entirely different state and that happened then that would be creepy.

I'm sure there are many people who have been in your old house (since houses like those can't keep residents), especially if a person that likes to throw parties ended up renting it, and if you brought up the topic often enough you're bound to hit a few who had been there or heard of it.

But again, I genuinely loved this story. I just don't think anything would be after you years later or else it would have done what it was going to do a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2021 8:39 PM

Walking home early one Saturday morning from a long-ago Friday night Halloween party when I was a young adult, I was kidnapped by a UFO, impregnated by a bodybuilder alien, and several months later gave birth to its alien baby. The child resembled an ugly little overripe pear, so I disowned and flushed it down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2021 11:29 PM

A few days ago after it got dark someone rang my doorbell. I wasn't expecting a delivery, door to door soliciting is not allowed in my neighborhood, and friends and neighbors would know better than to not call before coming over. Something just told me don't answer the door.

I waited about twenty minutes and looked outside. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2021 11:39 PM

When I was in my teens, there were two middle-aged women living in the house next door, sisters. They were raising their niece, Nancy, whose mother had died of cancer when she was just a baby. Her father wasn't into this child-raising thing, so her aunts welcomed her into their household.

One fall morning, as she was passing the fireplace in the living room, too close to the flames, her nightgown caught fire. Fortunately her aunts were at home, and moved into action. She was badly burned around the arms, chest and back, and was taken to the burn unit, where the aunts were told that her chances were iffy.

As a matter of fact she recovered, badly scarred, but at least not in visible places.

Some time after her recovery, she told me this story:

While she was in the burn unit, a woman sat by her bedside. Nobody else could see her, and the nurses thought that Nancy was delirious. While Nancy was in critical condition, the woman wore black. When the girl started to recover, the woman wore white.

Nancy told me that the woman resembled her dead mother.

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2021 12:51 PM

Nancy was high on pain meds.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2021 1:52 PM

Maybe, R34. But I find the change from black to white intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2021 2:02 PM

Nothing really scary but my niece rented an apartment in a bldg that had been an insane asylum. She said it always had a heavy, dark, oppressive feeling no matter how much bright paint and lighting was put in. No one ever lasted more than the 1-year contract.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2021 5:49 PM

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2021 7:37 PM

One of the dorms at my alma mater is supposedly haunted by the ghost of a girl who burned to death after accidentally setting her nightgown on fire while cooking in her room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2021 7:45 PM

The old Alpha Xi Delta (later Gamma Phi Beta) sorority house at the University of Alabama stood on the site of an orphanage where, according to legend, a boy named Adam was scalded to death while taking a bath. Over the years, sorority members reported incidents like TVs turning on and off and doors opening and closing by themselves. After Gamma Phi Beta moved to a new house several blocks away in 2015, Adam reportedly followed them there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2021 8:05 PM

R36 unnerving

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2021 11:57 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2021 2:07 AM

In 2016, the United States is headed for a presidential election….

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2021 3:08 AM

If anyone is interested in spooky podcasts, check out “Jim Harolds Campfire” and “Spooked by Snap judgement”. Campfire are people telling their ghost, ufo, cryptozoology, etc stories. Spooked is usually just one person telling their story. Little creepier. But ignore the melodramatics of the host Glenn Washington. Happy Spooking!

by Anonymousreply 43October 28, 2021 10:03 PM

We lived in a small desert town when I was young. Our house was isolated from the rest of the "town", the closest neighbor was out of sight, so it was very silent and very dark. It was creepy. So one night my mom, my half-siblings and I were sitting outside playing a game when a bright white light shined down on us. It was brighter than daylight, it was just so bright it was almost blue to me; my mom says it turned blue. No sound, no wind disturbance, no movement. Just a fixed light. My mom yelled "run!" And we did. All of us remember it. For me, it started a lifelong fear of the unknown/paranormal. I still have occasional nightmares where I wake up screaming. I never slept well in that creepy house again, those damn windows open at night with nothing but inky darkness outside, I always felt someone (something?) was out there watching me...

by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2021 10:56 PM

Did anyone have any thoughts about what it was, R44?

by Anonymousreply 45October 28, 2021 11:14 PM

I was 10 yrs old, sitting on the sofa on a hot summer day. Mom is in a chair over to my left. Suddenly she exclaims, "ooh, ooh", in great concern. I look toward Mom and she is getting out of her chair moving toward me quickly, but she's looking into the dining room to our right. I look to my right to see what might be wrong. In the dining I see a man standing there dressed in black. I could see the radiator behind him, as if I was seeing through him. At this point Mom has grabbed me and is pulling me toward the front door to leave the house - my father was across the street helping a neighbor work on his car As we got near the front door I looked back into the dining room - no man in black. The AC was on, all windows and doors closed, shades pulled down. The only way for someone to have left the house, was through the closed back door, in front of which the dog was sleeping. If the door had opened, the glare of sunlight would have illumined the kitchen, and that did not happen. I said to Mom "he's gone". She walked into the dining room, then into the kitchen, then back to me - no man in black. We went out to get my father and I asked my mom what she had seen. Up until that point, I just assumed it was the same thing that I saw. She said she saw a man standing in the dining room. When I asked her to describe him, she mentioned more detail then I perceived, but she said that he was wearing black clothing. My father went in the house, with the neighbor to look around. No one was there, my mom didn't want to call the police. My parents or maybe just mom invited a priest over one weeknight to talk, then me along with them. He said that no matter if you believe in God, or not, there are indeed other dimensions on earth and ours was not an isolated event. I was young but I understood that he wasn't bringing a lot of religion into the conversation, it was mostly secular. Nothing like this ever happened again and the family rarely, if ever, brings it up in conversation.

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2021 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!