Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who could have starred in Postcards From The Edge?

What if Meryl hadn't been available? Who could have played Suzanne Vale, the Carrie Fisher stand-in, and held her own opposite Shirley MacLaine in the film version of Fisher's novel?

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 5:14 AM

This is the only role that ever made me think, “Jamie Lee Curtis would be good in this.”

I imagined her when I was reading the book.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 7:51 PM

DL Nemesis Deb Winger was born to play this role!

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 8:10 PM

Miss Sally Field would’ve been great but not with MacLaine as her mother. Too bad Roz Russell had died. Great pairing!

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 8:46 PM

Sigourney Weaver, with Bea Arthur as the mom.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 8:47 PM

If the story had been transported to France, Isabelle Adjani would have slayed.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 2:37 AM

Janet Leigh wanted to do this movie with her daughter Jamie Lee, but I don't think she was ever in the running.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 4:47 AM

Melanie would have been good. She'd just worked with Nichols on Working Girl and she would have a lot of personal experience to draw from.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 4:57 AM

Love this movie, seen it at least 100 times. Just perfection. Jessica would have been too old, Meryl already was, really. Michelle was much too beautiful, Suzanne Vale had an insecurity problem because she was the frumpy daughter living in the shadows of her larger-than-life mother. Maybe Grey could've tapped into that insecurity considering she was kind of a dog face before her nose job.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 5:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!