Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British MP Sir David Amess stabbed to death at constituency meeting

October 15, 2021:

[quote]The Conservative MP Sir David Amess has died after he was stabbed several times during a surgery at his constituency in Essex.

[quote]Amess, 69, an MP since 1983 who had represented Southend West in Essex since 1997, was stabbed several times at a church in Leigh-on-Sea. He is the second MP to be killed in just over five years, after the murder of Jo Cox.

[quote]Essex police said a 25-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of murder. Officers were called to the scene at about 12.05pm on Friday, the force said. “We attended and found a man injured. He was treated by emergency services but, sadly, died at the scene.”

[quote]The statement did not name Amess as the victim, but sources confirmed to the Guardian that the MP had died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 11, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote]My thoughts and love are with David’s family. They are all that matter now. This brings everything back. The pain, the loss, but also how much love the public gave us following the loss of Jo. I hope we can do the same for David now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 3:41 PM

One of the replies to the Tweet at R1:

[quote]His politics are not my politics , his social background is probably not the same as mine but he died looking after the interests of others . R.I.P

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 3:42 PM

The rightest of right Wing Tories, Brexit campaigner (with all the lies that entailed), virulently opposed to abortion in any circumstances, equally opposed to equal rights for gay people, and a Christian.

To misquote Bette Davis, "One should only speak good of the dead. He's dead. Good."

The stabbing was an appalling attack on democracy that rightly provokes disgust and outrage, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the "victim" was a cunt who for decades campaigned to deny equal rights and freedoms for minorities.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 3:48 PM

Thank you for that context, R3. I’m glad he’s dead then.

Now: do we know the skin color of the perp?

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 3:51 PM

Who wrote this? He was stabbed during a surgery? Humans are devolving.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 3:51 PM

When referring to right wingers like this guy, the word "Christian" should always be in quotation marks.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 3:51 PM

Yes, R5 - I re-read that thinking some crazed nurse or surgeon went apeshit on him.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 3:55 PM

R5 in the UK a political surgery is a session where Members of Parliament meet with their constituents in one on one meetings.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote]The stabbing was an appalling attack on democracy that rightly provokes disgust and outrage, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the "victim" was a cunt who for decades campaigned to deny equal rights and freedoms for minorities.

You know, no. Sorry, no. Because if he's dead for his ideas, as odious and wrongheaded as they are, it's just as fine for anybody else to be dead for theirs. And that's just about as stupid and wrong as anything this guy ever thought.

The quote above is some of the most fucked up thinking I have heard. There's something wrong with you and I'd rather endure the onslaught coming my way for posting this than go about in the world with hard and dangerous heart like yours. If you feel so strongly, run for office, but rationlizing murder on a message board isn't exactly changing the world, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 4:00 PM

Isn’t Essex a suburban bedroom community for high wage London workers?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2021 4:01 PM

Ten bucks says it was a Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2021 4:02 PM

Every time someone is murdered now, there is a deluge of people on social media guessing, hoping really, that the perpetrator belongs to the specific group they hate. You go to conservative spaces and "it was probably a Muslim". Left wing spaces: "it was probably a white supremacist". Everyone has their pet boogeymen.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 4:08 PM

Knives are to Brits what guns are to Yanks.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2021 4:09 PM

No big loss. He was a thatcherite

He was pro-rape and felt the claims about harvey weinstein were fake

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote] You know, no. Sorry, no. Because if he's dead for his ideas, as odious and wrongheaded as they are, it's just as fine for anybody else to be dead for theirs. And that's just about as stupid and wrong as anything this guy ever thought. The quote above is some of the most fucked up thinking I have heard. There's something wrong with you and I'd rather endure the onslaught coming my way for posting this than go about in the world with hard and dangerous heart like yours. If you feel so strongly, run for office, but rationlizing murder on a message board isn't exactly changing the world, asshole.

Exactly, R9, that's why I posted the Brendan Cox Tweet at R1 and the quote at R2; disagreeing with someone is no cause for murdering them.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2021 4:10 PM

R12 you forgot that "someone" with a history of mental issues!

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote] The stabbing was an appalling attack on democracy that rightly provokes disgust and outrage, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the "victim" was a cunt who for decades campaigned to deny equal rights and freedoms for minorities.

You have no business whatsoever even using the word “democracy” when you think people who disagree with you deserve death, you pig ignorant cunt.

Fucking hell, your entire generation is repulsive. So entitled amd self-righteous. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2021 4:17 PM

Anyone applauding this really has major issues.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2021 4:18 PM

Sad the Nan was murdered. But I really feel as though people in general are sick and tired of politicians and their bullshit. People want their elected leaders to work for them and to do the will of the people before doing anything on behalf of donors corporations and billionaires.

That's just my take from an American perspective.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2021 4:23 PM

He got what he deserved.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2021 4:25 PM

This is awful... I'm so sorry for Britain today. Regardless of your political views it's NOT ok to murder politicians.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2021 4:26 PM

R12, it will be mental illness if he is white and middle/upper class. White and working class they will just be a murdering thug.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2021 4:26 PM

My goodness! I hope this doesn’t give anybody in South Carolina any ideas!

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2021 4:26 PM

Was he stabbed stabbed?

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2021 4:28 PM

Was it the gay man’s religion up to no good again?

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2021 4:40 PM

He was stabbed during a surgery in a church. What?

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2021 4:41 PM

He died during surgery.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2021 4:43 PM

“Surgery” is UK English for “office hours” in this case.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2021 4:43 PM

He was stabbed in a church—later died during surgery.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2021 4:43 PM

Nothing bad ever happens in churches.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2021 4:44 PM

R26 see r8

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2021 4:44 PM

R5 - In the UK a "surgery" is when you have one-on-one meetings with a client or consentient. This man was NOT undergoing a medical procedure.

A political surgery (in British politics) or clinic is a series of one-to-one meetings that a Member of Parliament (MP) may have with his or her constituents, at which a constituent may raise issues of local concern. The issues may relate to local issues (street crime, litter, a request for intervention by the MP on behalf of the constituent with local or national government) or it could deal with national policy matters.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2021 4:47 PM

We know, mein fuhrer OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2021 4:47 PM

R19 30% of "the people" refuse to get vaccinated because of various fears and conspiracy theories spread by for profit corporations, so please spare me that "the people" know what's best for them as a whole, like it somehow confers the inability to do and think stupid shit. A good number of them are just following the herd. Politicians do have to go against what their constituents want sometimes for that very reason.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2021 4:50 PM

When they give the identifying characteristics of "young male" (25 in this case) but provide no other information, it is almost always code for Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2021 4:51 PM

He lived 69 years too long.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2021 5:05 PM

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2021 5:12 PM

R17 Go eat shit and die, you self-righteous cunt. Your generation repulses me. Look at all of the problems and division you've created

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2021 5:16 PM

And R11 and R35 are code for racist.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2021 5:18 PM

R3 - He was also a strong supporter of animal rights; as a devout Catholic, his beliefs on abortion put his money where his mouth was; he helped to get the barbaric practice of fox-hunting banned.

His colleagures on both sides of the House found him nothing but decent and kind. He had five children. His constiutents believed he always did a good job representing their interests.

Your characterisation of him as a cunt because he believed differently from you on BREXIT and abortion has created the atmosphere in which he and Jo Cox were murdered.

If they don't agree with you on anything, they're better off dead.

Why don't you put that up on Twitter so his widow and children can read it?

You fucking self-regarding prick. The word democracy should turn to ashes in your mouth.

Your reductionist demonisation of anyone who feels differently from you is what has no place in democracy.

You and your ilk are part of why both he and Jo Cox are dead.

MPs are being threatened, their auto licences tracked, their children threatened.

Your language is what is a threat to civil society, not BREXIT.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2021 5:24 PM

Barbaric fox hunting. You gotta love pussy hypocritical Brits. lmao

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2021 5:26 PM

Don't you dare try to undermine my stereotypes and ignorance, R41! Without them, I'm more than nothing!

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2021 5:27 PM

It should have been you instead, R40.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2021 5:30 PM

The perp surely sports a mutilated dong. People with mutilated dong are mostly unhinged and disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2021 5:32 PM

He might have had beliefs I don't agree with (anti LGBT rights, anti abortion etc), but he atill didn't deserve to die. Nobody deserve to die because of what they believe in. This is a direct attack on democracy, and should be treated as such.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2021 5:38 PM

Hopefully the assailant was mentally ill and so it wasn't an assassination. Then the handful of nutters here won't have to be confronted with their own sick.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2021 5:45 PM

R40 He was a terrorist for women and gay people. Just because he wore a suit and tie makes him no less a scumbag. What goes around...

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 5:45 PM

"It should have been you instead, [R40]."

And there you have it. Point proved.

R40

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 5:46 PM

Stick that point up your cunt.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2021 5:47 PM

The perp must have liked pineapple on pizza. Those people are absolute unhinged monsters.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2021 5:48 PM

R47 - You need medication. And I suggest you move to Russia, where you can find out what a political terrorist really is.

The revolting display of violent language supporting this murder is proof of how debased civil society in the West has become.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2021 5:48 PM

No, he liked rapists and homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2021 5:49 PM

It's a new low for this place. And that's not easy.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2021 5:50 PM

And you R51 should move to Saudi Arabia. They love women and gay people. Just like that rotting corpse David Amess.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2021 5:53 PM

A history of killings / attacks on British MPs:

2016 - MP Jo Cox shot and killed by a white supremacist.

2010 - MP Stephen Timms stabbed during a constituency surgery by a female Islamic extremist. He survived.

2000 - MP Nigel Jones severely injured by a paranoid schizophrenic man with a sword. A county councillor, Andrew Pennington, was killed in the same attack when trying to defend the MP.

1990 - MP Ian Gow killed in a car bomb planted by the IRA.

1984 - Five people including MP Anthony Berry die in an IRA bomb at the Conservative party conference.

1981 - MP Robert Bradford shot dead by the IRA during a constituency surgery.

1979 - MP Airey Neave killed in a car bomb planted by the Irish National Liberation Army.

1812 - Prime Minister Spencer Perceval shot dead in the lobby of the House of Commons.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Thanks for the update from fucking 1812.

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2021 5:56 PM

R51 As if you and the policies and politicians you support are any better just because you wrap your words in a fake air of civility.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2021 5:56 PM

I happen to think 1812 deserves as much attention as any other year.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2021 5:58 PM

R58 It's kind of interesting that there's a big gap between 1812 and the next killing. It seems like targeting MPs is becoming more common.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2021 6:00 PM

He was anti-lgb in what way? I'm surprised to see a homophobe being defended on Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2021 6:01 PM

I suspect the world has CHANGED A LITTLE since that glorious, enlightened age of 1812. Why don't you don't get some leeches to suck out the evil spirits that are causing your unfortunate case of cuntitis?

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2021 6:02 PM

Jesus - as discussions around this on the media focus on the "toxicity" of debate that is contributing to these sorts of incidents and making it dangerous to be part of a democracy, you lot make it clear why.

You ARE the problem.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2021 6:03 PM

Conservative nazis who shit on women and gay people are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2021 6:04 PM

But remember, R12, the only people who deserve to die are the people who don't think like they do.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2021 6:04 PM

R62 Oh shut up, you ninny. As if you're not on this thread and all over DL spreading your toxic invective everywhere. YOU'RE the problem

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2021 6:07 PM

Yes, fine people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2021 6:07 PM

R57 - I don't think my words were "wrapped in civility" at all. They were wrapped in extreme incivility because I'm watching my country fall apart because of people who really believe that anyone who didn't think the EU was Nirvana, or who believe in the existence of a soul and therefore have problems with abortion, can be reduced to a nonhuman entity who deserves to be stabbed to death.

There isn't a single MP on either side of the House who hasn't described him kind, gentle, cooperatitve, and a very good representative of the people who elected him.

And as a matter of fact, you don't know what politicians I "support".

What I support is a realistic recognition of the fact that in a democracy, you are going to disagree often with people you have to work with.

The difference between Britain and Russia is supposed to be that Russia poisons then and send them to the Gulag, and Britain doesn't.

But at this point, listening to you lot, it's clear that that division is evaporating.

The fucking idea of someone deserving stabbing for voting LEAVE . . . Jesus fucking Christ.

You people have lost all perspective. You are the toxic poison seeping through the West.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2021 6:09 PM

R65 - I have yet to declare that anyone I don't like or don't agree with deserves to be stabbed multiple times.

You really don't get the point, do you?

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2021 6:10 PM

There's a reason god made England an island....

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote] And as a matter of fact, you don't know what politicians I "support".

And yet your passionate defense of this anti gay conservative speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2021 6:12 PM

R67, I am with you. DL never fails to disappoint, but as ever, the loudest here are usually the minority. And it's not a very intelligent crowd any more. They revert to tribal as easily as they people they hate most.

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote] And it's not a very intelligent crowd any more. They revert to tribal

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2021 6:13 PM

For god sake ban knives

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2021 6:15 PM

The media is reporting that a 25-year-old Somalian man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Sir David and that the motive is suspected to be Islamist terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2021 6:15 PM

I wonder how many abortions his four daughters have had.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2021 6:17 PM

Here - from the leftwing Graun. Take a look at the beginning of the last paragraph and then look at yourselves in the mirrors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2021 6:17 PM

So if it's a Somalian Muslim assailant but a Conservative victim, did he still deserve to die?

I admit, I am not up to speed on my racism and prejudice as many of you. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2021 6:18 PM

Telegraph just released that it's a Somali. Of course, he'll have a history of mental illness (begging the question of why he was allowed in) and a "troubled" past.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2021 6:22 PM

One less old man molesting women through the dainty, neat, ever so civil power of parliament.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2021 6:24 PM

R67 you're being a disingenuous cunt. If you expect a board full of gay men and women to give a shit if some anti-gay marriage politician was stabbed to death, you are on the wrong board. It doesn't mean one approves of murder it means that murder can happen and some people are so repulsive that their murders don't elicit sympathy.

Now go kiss some conservative ass like the little lap dog you are.

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2021 6:26 PM

There's a difference between what you're proposing and delighting in it, but I suppose that was harder to untangle. Still, that's some impressive gymnastics, R80.

BTW your tolerance is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2021 6:30 PM

R9 and R17 have the most W&Ws on the thread. R80 and the black hearts like him are loud but inconsequential. And what people with the values of Trumptards and maggats are doing on a gay board is what's surprising to me.

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2021 6:34 PM

Yes, we must tolerate the rights of rapists to force teenagers to bear their crotch fruit.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2021 6:35 PM

R83, that's such a pathetic mash up you should be banned for being that stupid. Of course that standard would ban 90% of the board.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2021 6:36 PM

Yes, if only those pesky WW2 Allied Forces hadn't killed Nazis because of their misguided beliefs. Nobody deserves that!

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2021 6:37 PM

^ Again, the level of intelligence on this board astounds.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2021 6:41 PM

They STILL have "royals", for fuck's sake. How modern.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2021 6:42 PM

And you have Trumps and Kardashians.

You really want to play a game of modern society, R87?

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2021 6:43 PM

R87 What do the royal family have to do with this?

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2021 6:43 PM

No wonder the half breed Mz Markle got their feathers all ruffled. They don't want any blood that's not blue. Or black.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2021 6:45 PM

R67, you post constantly and your writing style is easy to see from space. You use the word "gulag" a lot and constantly whine about leftists and liberals being intolerant. We ALL know what your politics and positions are.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2021 6:46 PM

Of course the repulsive, doddering old cunt R81 infests the board with her many endless British Royals thread.

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2021 6:46 PM

The people cheering on his murder are vile beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2021 6:47 PM

You truly couldn’t make it up.

Idiots who pretend to care about “racism” & “women’s & LGBT rights” taking pride in their glee over the death of a democratically elected politician.

Foul. Just foul.

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2021 6:49 PM

R93 Your defense of Marjorie Taylor Greene is even more vile. You should have been an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2021 6:49 PM

While I disagree with 95% of his politics, I’d spit in the face if anyone who celebrates his murder. His murderer has more extreme positions on gay and women rights than he ever did.

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2021 6:54 PM

Inevitably the recent comments by the deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner were she called the tories scum have been highlighted for their inflammatory nature irresponsibly fanning the flames and legitimising violence against tories by the unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 97October 15, 2021 6:56 PM

Hitler and his party were democratically elected, so what's your point, R86? Besides being a far right apologist?

by Anonymousreply 98October 15, 2021 6:56 PM

Left-winger. They’re nuts in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 99October 15, 2021 6:57 PM

R96 You sound civil and stable yourself.

by Anonymousreply 100October 15, 2021 6:57 PM

R98, the left in Britain hates Jews, so they have a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 101October 15, 2021 6:58 PM

In your general direction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 15, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote]His murderer has more extreme positions on gay and women rights than he ever did.

We know who did it?

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2021 6:59 PM

[quote] Telegraph just released that it's a Somali.

Meaning they’re a Brit. A left-winger asshole.

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2021 6:59 PM

Oh no, some anti gay cunt got murdered, I'm already so emotionally involved!

You're so transparent holy Shit

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2021 7:00 PM

Well, to begin with, R85, your nonsensical post equates the death of enemies in war with the murder of an elected official at a constituent meeting.

Tell me, is it tough being that fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2021 7:01 PM

The left in England says that Jews should ask themselves why there’s so much animosity towards them and change their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2021 7:01 PM

R105 = why the left holds no power.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2021 7:01 PM

R108 the left holds no power because you're shilling?

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2021 7:04 PM

R99 - I do not think a Somali Muslim terrorist would be considered a "Left-Winger" in the UK or anywhere else in the world.?

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2021 7:06 PM

R94 like democratically elected Trump and Hitler? GTFO you obvious cunt

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2021 7:10 PM

r39 it's not racist to notice trends. I'm more commenting on the fact that the media seem to bend over backwards to avoid the dreaded "M" or "I" words than anything else in relation to these sorts of events, but you go off, hon.

Same thing happened with the bow-and-arrow murderer in Norway, and he was a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2021 7:12 PM

I agree with r96 - this isn't how democracies survive. I can think of few things more anti-democratic than murdering your opponents.

I'm actually surprised that UK politicians don't have more police protection. The US ones all have security teams and have had them for decades.

by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote] the recent comments by the deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner were she called the tories scum have been highlighted for their inflammatory nature irresponsibly fanning the flames and legitimising violence against tories by the unhinged.

If this was indeed a Somali muslem then Angela is off the hook. They don't need any white woman to tell them to murder.

I'm wondering if he was a recent illegal channel crosser, assisted ashore by the Royal Navy and fed, clothed, and housed by the "humanitarian" British government.

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2021 7:41 PM

Amess died a mess!

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2021 7:45 PM

At least the killer isn't Dahir Ibrahim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2021 7:49 PM

R98 Angela Rayner called the tories scum.

While the voters call Angela Rayner dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2021 8:00 PM

was it a Muslim because Christians are never terrorists!

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2021 8:12 PM

The vast majority of Somalia are fanatical worshippers of Muhammud Who Must Be Obeyed.

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2021 8:15 PM

One homophobe taking out another homophobe sounds like a Win Win to me.

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote]If this was indeed a Somali muslem then Angela is off the hook. They don't need any white woman to tell them to murder.

Indeed. Rayner’s a clown, but I’m sure her opinions are of no consequence to a fundamentalist Muslim man.

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2021 8:22 PM

R120 As a Brit I think that democracy means not killing people with different views even though I despise Amess's views (and let's be real, he lost the argument - gay marriage was even legalised by the Tories). As a gay person I would honestly feel more safe with Amess than with an Islamist since while Christians patronise or ostracise gay people and I hate that, they don't generally hang gay people like Islamists believe in and practise.

by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2021 8:22 PM

Religion of peace strikes again. I’m sure the “community leaders” will be out in force with the usual ‘he’s not a real Muslim’ pablum soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2021 9:07 PM

I'm finding zero news reports identifying the killer as a Somali. I call horse puckey.

by Anonymousreply 124October 15, 2021 9:13 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 15, 2021 9:14 PM

ffs - above link was for R124. The Independent is left-wing and they were the ones who broke the news that the arrested man at the scene was a Somali national and that police suspected Islamist terror as a motive.

by Anonymousreply 126October 15, 2021 9:15 PM

ZFor Mr horse puckey.

BBC -- A government source told the BBC the man arrested is a British national who, according to initial inquiries, is of Somali heritage.

Daily Mail did a very long story eulogizing the murdered MP. Pity nobody is allowed to speak about the event.

𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒍𝒆.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 15, 2021 9:17 PM

R122 It still sounds like Herpes vs. Syphilis to me.

by Anonymousreply 128October 15, 2021 9:21 PM

Killing is of no consequence in Somalia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 15, 2021 9:27 PM

R128 Under Christians / in a democracy you have a chance to make your argument, and even win it (as gay people have in the UK). Would you genuinely rather live in an ISIS regime? Democracy means tolerating different views because that's civilisation. All first world countries with better living standards are civilised like that, and that isn't a coincidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 15, 2021 9:29 PM

R17, making generalizations about entire generations is pretty dumb, and I'm not sure what generation you think the poster is from since almost everyone on the datalounge is elderly

by Anonymousreply 131October 15, 2021 9:30 PM

R130, Democracy is about to die in the US because of Trumpsters like you.

by Anonymousreply 132October 15, 2021 9:32 PM

R123 prefers Christians like Amess who hate gays....

by Anonymousreply 133October 15, 2021 9:32 PM

R132 I am neither American nor a Trump supporter, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 134October 15, 2021 9:33 PM

Why do I get a feeling that psychopath Milo Yiannapolous is infesting this thread?

by Anonymousreply 135October 15, 2021 9:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 15, 2021 9:42 PM

I noticed and was actually surprised the Daily Mail (which I abhor but was curious to see what they'd report) didn't accept comments on their article. I guess they know what they would all be about!

by Anonymousreply 137October 15, 2021 9:45 PM

I've noticed that people like r132 have a terminal flaw which is to elevate their issues to extremes, using extreme rhetoric. There IS a major difference between fundamentalist Christianity today and fundamentalist Islam. Yes both religions have their extremists but Christians don't seem to have the total lack of respect for life (including their own) that the fundamentalist Islamists do. When life is cheap due to your education and subsequent personal value system, there's a problem. I don't even think it's (necessarily) the religion itself that prompts things like this - it seems to be more of a lack of education and opportunity, which I think is also some of the issue with the fundamentalist South in the US, but in the US even the poorest people living the most deprived lifestyle aren't equatable to what growing up in Somalia must be like. When there's nothing to hope for in this life, you start looking to the next to provide relief.

by Anonymousreply 138October 15, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote]in the UK a political surgery is a session where Members of Parliament meet with their constituents in one on one meetings.

These Brits need to learn how to talk. They also think surgery is done in a “theatre”.

by Anonymousreply 139October 15, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote] I've noticed that people like [R132] have a terminal flaw which is to elevate their issues to extremes, using extreme rhetoric.

You're right, R138. They do everything as 'Reductio Ad Absurdem'.

by Anonymousreply 140October 15, 2021 10:02 PM

People like that get shrill while impatiently waiting for mommy to bring them a cup of hot chocolate

by Anonymousreply 141October 15, 2021 10:08 PM

Trumpsters are accusing other people of "extreme rhetoric" when they're the ones who use extreme rhetoric. Trump always projects, and so does his fanbase

by Anonymousreply 142October 15, 2021 10:15 PM

No tears for Tories. Sad not sad.

by Anonymousreply 143October 15, 2021 10:19 PM

A Somali murders a British legislator in a public setting and that pathetic fool tries to make it about Trump

by Anonymousreply 144October 15, 2021 10:21 PM

[quote] Yes both religions have their extremists but Christians don't seem to have the total lack of respect for life (including their own)

They don't? That's funny as they're the ones who vote against any form of gun control, because you know they respect the sanctity of murdered schoolchildren. They were the ones bragging that God was punishing gays for AIDS. Yes, those saintly Christians.

by Anonymousreply 145October 15, 2021 10:21 PM

r142 it's not helpful to assume anyone who doesn't agree 100% with you is a Trumper, or somehow the exact opposite of you. That's another example of the extreme rhetoric kicking you in the ass since it makes it impossible to talk with you.

by Anonymousreply 146October 15, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote]making generalizations about entire generations is pretty dumb, and I'm not sure what generation you think the poster is from since almost everyone on the datalounge is elderly

Ironically, yes, R131. Read your own post carefully.

by Anonymousreply 147October 15, 2021 10:24 PM

r145 there's a difference in the ridiculous right-wing gun argument and advocating for (and doing) picking up weapons and shooting people. They are not the same, no matter how hard you try to compare them. I'm not saying they're not both bad, but there is a matter of degree here, and that's what I am talking about.

by Anonymousreply 148October 15, 2021 10:26 PM

British MPs have allowed hundreds of thousands of Muslim males to settle in Britain. Knife crime by gangs has gone through the roof with murders daily in UK Cities many not even being reported by the media as its now so common. Now an MP has been murdered perhaps there will be some action to end this terror delivered to us by migrants.

by Anonymousreply 149October 15, 2021 10:28 PM

R148 I am not advocating for shooting anybody. Unlike American Christians, I am anti guns. I took issue with your assertion that Christians are politically respectful of life. They are not.

by Anonymousreply 150October 15, 2021 10:29 PM

In sane countries, you get rid of politicians you don't agree with by voting for their opponent. You don't take to murdering one. JFC. If you hate your MP so much, then get off your cunt and volunteer for the party and/or candidate you feel shares your values the most.

by Anonymousreply 151October 15, 2021 10:30 PM

It's clear to me that there are more than a few posters fighting for the use of a single brain cell.

by Anonymousreply 152October 15, 2021 10:45 PM

Does the white hood not cover your eyes when you type R149?

by Anonymousreply 153October 15, 2021 10:50 PM

He was a decent guy. Here he stood up for animals, seeking to end the live export of animals and puppy smuggling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 15, 2021 10:51 PM

r150 I didn't say they were politically respectful of life. Reread what I said, I don't know how I could explain it any better. It's a matter of degree.

by Anonymousreply 155October 15, 2021 10:52 PM

No democratically elected politician should be murdered. There are people who diligently work to oppress the rights of others and who hold abhorrent beliefs, and the world is better off without them. Two things can be true at once. That's the case here.

by Anonymousreply 156October 15, 2021 10:54 PM

He was a person who did some good things while holding horrible views on other things, R154. I've never voted for a Tory in my life (I'm Canadian and we call Conservatives Tories here too), but the guy didn't deserve to die. Use the ballot box to get rid of Tory dinosaurs, exercise your rights and send them on their merry ways democratically.

by Anonymousreply 157October 15, 2021 10:57 PM

[quote]British MPs have allowed hundreds of thousands of Muslim males to settle in Britain.

Various UK governments have been fucking with the lives of Muslims and others from all corners of the globe for fun and profit over several centuries. It's a little late to succeed with all this Faragist crap about keeping out the foreigners when you're still keeping up colonialist outposts in other people's countries.

by Anonymousreply 158October 15, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote] when you're still keeping up colonialist outposts in other people's countries.

I think you mean provided millions in Foreign Aid to other countries.

by Anonymousreply 159October 15, 2021 11:32 PM

Did they ever return all the priceless artifacts they stole from other countries to fill the British Museum and line their royal pockets? I suppose not.

by Anonymousreply 160October 15, 2021 11:41 PM

Somalis in Minneapolis. Charming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 15, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote] Did they ever return all the priceless artifacts they stole from other countries… I suppose not.

Did any of the colonies return any of the priceless infrastructure (railways, courthouses) they provided in all those wilderness countries riven with constant intertribal infighting? I suppose not.

by Anonymousreply 162October 15, 2021 11:48 PM

r162 They didn't colonize the countries because they were a charity, though ;-) They got plenty in return for that.

by Anonymousreply 163October 15, 2021 11:50 PM

It's official. Terrorism.

Sir David Amess died in a terror attack: Tory MP was killed in murder 'linked to Islamist extremism', say Met Police after he was stabbed 'more than a dozen' times as they arrest British Muslim of Somali descent, 25, and search two homes in London

by Anonymousreply 164October 16, 2021 12:03 AM

Religious extremist kills religious extremist.

by Anonymousreply 165October 16, 2021 12:06 AM

R164, link.

by Anonymousreply 166October 16, 2021 12:09 AM

R138 There are certain people who act like everyday is their own personal 9/11. None of them are really into politics beyond superficial party attachments. Press one of these Krisis Karens about policy and they come up blank. They just use politics as an excuse to express their rage. It's a personality type that is common in conservatives- the screechy tone, the quickness to anger, and the preoccupation with calling everything terrorism despite terrorism being at a world historic low.

by Anonymousreply 167October 16, 2021 12:10 AM

Some of the morons on this thread remind me of the Rush Limbaugh thread after he croaked, demanding we show kindness and civility to such a great man.

by Anonymousreply 168October 16, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote]Various UK governments have been fucking with the lives of Muslims and others from all corners of the globe for fun

Unfortunately this is true. Americans get blamed for a lot of shit but it all goes back to the Brits and their centuries of treachery.

by Anonymousreply 169October 16, 2021 12:11 AM

I don't think the MP was a religious extremist more than just a person with very conservative Christian views. I consider a "religious extremist" to be someone who, you know, attacks and kills people to push his religion, not voting down gay marriage bills (even though I disagree with his stance on that, and most things, politically).

This just got posted:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 16, 2021 12:11 AM

R168, are you actually happy this guy was stabbed to death? A politician? You don't see the bigger implication? This is the second PM murdered.

by Anonymousreply 171October 16, 2021 12:11 AM

r168 I don't see the comparison. Rush Limbaugh was a drug addict and a shitheel in real life, you didn't have people talking about what a kind, caring family man he was, or how good he was to his (many) wives, like you do with Sir David.

Honestly do you guys really not see the difference here?

by Anonymousreply 172October 16, 2021 12:13 AM

R171 I am indifferent. Stop putting words in my mouth, you obnoxious idiot.

by Anonymousreply 173October 16, 2021 12:13 AM

R168 Rush was a radiohost. This guy was an MP meeting with constituents. This murder means MPs aren't going to be eager to do their democratic duty.

by Anonymousreply 174October 16, 2021 12:16 AM

Even that FT article doesn't mention the murderer was a Somali Muslim.

[quote]The force said a 25-year-old man arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder was British.

[quote]“Senior national co-ordinator for counter-terrorism policing, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Dean Haydon, formally declared the incident as terrorism,” a statement from the Met said. “The early investigation has revealed a potential motivation linked to Islamist extremism.”

[quote]The force said the investigation was being led by officers from the Met’s counter-terrorism command, working closely with the Eastern Region Specialist Operations Unit and Essex Police.

by Anonymousreply 175October 16, 2021 12:16 AM

R171 I suspect MPs will all get police escorts from now on.

by Anonymousreply 176October 16, 2021 12:17 AM

He probably could have kept the assailant at bay with his bad halitosis breath.

by Anonymousreply 177October 16, 2021 12:19 AM

They should have joined forces and gone on a gay bashing, woman smashing spree. To think, they could have been friends....

by Anonymousreply 178October 16, 2021 12:21 AM

We appreciate your concern. We're fine.

by Anonymousreply 179October 16, 2021 12:22 AM

Shocking. This is the kind of backwards shit that goes down in the US

by Anonymousreply 180October 16, 2021 12:25 AM

One must kill if you're unhappy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 16, 2021 12:29 AM

We must kill.

It's in our nature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 16, 2021 12:33 AM

So it was the gay man’s religion that did this.

by Anonymousreply 183October 16, 2021 12:44 AM

Religion of peace strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 184October 16, 2021 12:53 AM

I prefer “the gay man’s religion” because gay men love it. They defend it with a fiery passion on twitter, and these are middle aged white gay men, not teens. It’s pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 185October 16, 2021 12:55 AM

I heard this guy was a complete asshole so while I don't condone murder, I also have no fucks to give about this murder in particular.

by Anonymousreply 186October 16, 2021 12:58 AM

Conservatives in Britain are nowhere near as extreme as American Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 187October 16, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] I heard this guy was a complete asshole

What is your source, R186?

Have you heard something that commercial media has not heard?

by Anonymousreply 188October 16, 2021 1:10 AM

So, R186, does your definition align with the British definition of "complete arsehole" or the American definition "a complete asshole"?

A quasi-arsehole or a full-blown arsehole?

by Anonymousreply 189October 16, 2021 1:17 AM

Was stabber a religion of peace member?

by Anonymousreply 190October 16, 2021 1:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 16, 2021 1:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 16, 2021 1:26 AM

He was very well liked . Damm rag head

by Anonymousreply 193October 16, 2021 1:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 16, 2021 1:28 AM

This luvvie Louis Stead who lives in Luvvie Central at Islington photographs himself in a public lavatory.

He's probably neighbours to the hypocrite Emily Thornberry.

by Anonymousreply 195October 16, 2021 1:30 AM

What’s name of murderer?

by Anonymousreply 196October 16, 2021 1:37 AM

There are so many sick people on this thread.

To the “ are you a Trump supporting racist. Where is your hood?” Can I suggest you start your own Pornhub group and jerk off to pictures of the Jan 6 attacks. You will feel better in a group of like minded mentally ill souls all jerking off to the same crap and leave us alone.

You infect every thread. Everything has to be about Trump, about Fascists, about Americans and your place in the world. You behave like children who should be slapped hard and left in the Supermarket for 10 mins. You have lost the plot. I sometimes wonder if you are just trolls, but I think you have lost you main man , Trump and now have no one to take your anger out so have to come onto random threads about a UK POLITICIAN BEING STABBED TO DEATH and tell us we are Trump supporters for expressing sympathy . WTF. You are so fucking deluded.

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU !! Now start your group and jerk off your frustration..

by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2021 1:38 AM

"I prefer “the gay man’s religion” because gay men love it. They defend it with a fiery passion on twitter, and these are middle aged white gay men, not teens. It’s pathetic."

So, you're basically a right wing homophobe.

Recently "ex-gay"?

by Anonymousreply 198October 16, 2021 1:39 AM

Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan @MayorofLondon

· 11h

I am so deeply, deeply saddened by the tragic news that Sir David has passed away. He loved being an MP and was a great public servant. It is just awful. My thoughts and prayers, and those of all Londoners, are with David's loved ones at this time of unimaginable grief.

------------------

𝑺𝒊𝒓 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚.. Naturally he can't say "murdered".

by Anonymousreply 199October 16, 2021 1:42 AM

Khan has just replaced Gayle King as saying the most stupid thing about the death of person. Gayle's brilliant comment/question re: the death of Prince Philip, "Did he die of natural causes?" Now Khan the idiot, that Sir David just passed away.

Nice one Khan. You officially get the idiot of the year award..you worthless cunt!

by Anonymousreply 200October 16, 2021 1:52 AM

Slimy Khan, Shere Khan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 16, 2021 1:56 AM

Transparent, R9, expects us to care about a dead homophobe lol. Do you defend Nazis and their "ideas" as well? You must be one fucked up piece of shit to be more concerned for a dead bigot than the people the bigot has actually harmed. And nice attempt at making yourself out to be some kind of victim with the "onslaught coming your way." (eyeroll) You're not. But, what you are is a right wing troll, one that can go fuck itself in the ass with all the self given WWs of DL.

by Anonymousreply 202October 16, 2021 2:01 AM

At least you are not bitter r202 . That does not come across at all. Now go jerk off to your photos to “ evil” Trump and leave the grown ups to talk, ok

by Anonymousreply 203October 16, 2021 2:04 AM

R82, their spamming the WW button. They think it's going to prevent them from getting tagged/banned.

by Anonymousreply 204October 16, 2021 2:05 AM

R203, go crawl back to your safe space, ❄.

by Anonymousreply 205October 16, 2021 2:06 AM

Sir David should have allowed his killers mother get an abortion. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 206October 16, 2021 2:06 AM

Muslims don't get abortions. They don't use birth control either, because they think it's a Jewish plot. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 207October 16, 2021 2:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 16, 2021 2:12 AM

[quote]He died looking after the interests of others

Interests of others? What a grotesque aspiration.

by Anonymousreply 209October 16, 2021 2:21 AM

R51, R67, Your overly sensitive and trite language reveals you're not a regular DLer. Either you're lost or you took a wrong turn? Fear not, just hit the Google for your daily dose of Breitbart or the Daily Mail

by Anonymousreply 210October 16, 2021 2:27 AM

What was playing on his IPod?

by Anonymousreply 211October 16, 2021 2:30 AM

Boy this thread is proof that British conservative trash is just as bad as our Trump trash. Maybe worse.

by Anonymousreply 212October 16, 2021 2:31 AM

Excuse me, fuck face R197, but this is a GAY board, for GAY men and women, Yes, it's about US. Give sympathy to a dead homophobe??? XD Get the fuck outta here, you retarded trolls aren't even trying.

by Anonymousreply 213October 16, 2021 2:38 AM

How many of this guy's five kids are gay? Catholics always have at least one gay kid in the litter. Maybe it's the pagentry.

by Anonymousreply 214October 16, 2021 2:44 AM

R213 I am Gay. Don’t even bother with your name calling. A man has been stabbed to death and you are saying it is ok because he is a homophobe? Fuck off asshole. This is the real world ,not your pretend one where everyone is who disagrees with you is the second incarnation of Hitler. A real person was stabbed 16 times. You think that is ok fuckhead?

by Anonymousreply 215October 16, 2021 3:03 AM

I’m sure the guy who killed him was just as homophobic as he was.

by Anonymousreply 216October 16, 2021 3:06 AM

CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 217October 16, 2021 3:08 AM

R115, So now you're pretending to be gay to defend a dead homophobe? XD That's funny. In the real world gay people don't care about dead bigots, nor do we have to. If you love homophobes so much then I suggest you go move to Saudi Arabia, I'm sure they'll give you a real slice of reality.

by Anonymousreply 218October 16, 2021 3:18 AM

R218, Is a Muslim. Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 219October 16, 2021 3:20 AM

[quote] This is the real world ,not your pretend one where everyone is who disagrees with you is the second incarnation of Hitler

The problem with that statement is datalounge IS the pretend world where that fat fool can anonymously and safely amuse himself provoking you. And you took the bait by getting in a back and forth with him.

I never waste my time with his sort. Why do you?

by Anonymousreply 220October 16, 2021 3:25 AM

R219, lol yes, I must be Muslim because Muslims really go out of their way to defend gay people. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 221October 16, 2021 3:27 AM

Is r213 arguing with himself? Both posters sound alike.

by Anonymousreply 222October 16, 2021 4:07 AM

Was the bow and arrow Muslim a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 223October 16, 2021 4:35 AM

If Datalounge was real life, R161 would be it. Especially the “I hate gay people” part.

by Anonymousreply 224October 16, 2021 4:43 AM

Sometimes the things you love are lethal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 16, 2021 4:46 AM

The same people condemning the Jan 6 insurrection are applauding this murder? So it’s not the action, but who it effects that ultimately matters…ok I get it now.

by Anonymousreply 226October 16, 2021 5:02 AM

[quote] So it’s not the action, but who it effects that ultimately matters

That's it exactly. Now apply that to how news is reported. It's fun.

by Anonymousreply 227October 16, 2021 5:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 16, 2021 5:33 AM

The Telegraph

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 16, 2021 5:34 AM

Here's his Twitter. It doesn't look like he had any crazy, Trump-like posts. He's pro vax and climate change and seems like he cared a lot about animals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 16, 2021 5:49 AM

R230 He did, see r225

by Anonymousreply 231October 16, 2021 6:00 AM

R211!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 16, 2021 6:33 AM

R212 I wonder what they call white trash in Britain? This thread is infected with many toothless chav dwellers.

by Anonymousreply 233October 16, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote] This thread is infected with many toothless chav dwellers.

Are 'toothless chav dwellers' worse than murderers, R233?

by Anonymousreply 234October 16, 2021 6:44 AM

Stabbed to death? I can see why he was Amess.

by Anonymousreply 235October 16, 2021 6:45 AM

Our friendly Wikipedist tells us his actress daughter Katie has taken a public stance her late father's homophobia.

Also that his eldest son has been in trouble with the law.

by Anonymousreply 236October 16, 2021 8:33 AM

R80 I AM one of those gay men. There's a difference between not giving a personal shit and realising the implications of advocating, cheering for, and supporting a culture of violence based on opinions

I saw Anna Soubry last night on the SKY press preview. She's the alpha and omega of REMAINERS. Yet she seemed not to feel that the man merited being stabbed SEVENTTEN TIMES in front of his constituents because he supported Britain leavingbthe EU.

If you want to live in a functional democracy, as she pointed out, you're going to be working with people you disagree with.

Nevertheless, as everyone else said who worked with him, he was unfailingly kind and didn't seem to think that people who supported gay marriage or fox hunting deserved to he stabbed to death.

You lot really don't seem to get the bigger picture.

Once you reduce someone solely to an opinion iyou don't like and clap when he's murdered, the line behind him of next victims gets very long and you have a terrorist culture.

Why not encourage Jews to stab antisemites, plentiful and increasing in Britain? They could start with Corbyn. How about LEAVE voters stabbing REMAIN voters? How about republicans stabbing monarchists?

You just don't get the implications for a culture that is increasingly unable to tolerate differences of opinion and is increasingly willing to tolerate violence as a reasonable response.

He appears now to have been stabbed by an Islamist terrorist. In front of his constituents.

Christ Camila Tominey of the Telegraph was openly threatened by one of Meghan Markle's lunatic stand with being stabbed to death ALONG WITH HER THREE KIDS.

You think there's no connection between that incident and this one, or that lunatic thinking Tominey deserves to be stabbed to death for criticising a fucking meaningless celebrity and you thinking a politician who disagreed about gay marriage deserves to be stabbed to death?

Guess again.

MPs of all persuasions are being threatened with violence. Journalists are being threatened. Fans of one or another celebrity are being threatened. Teachers are being threatened.

The whole culture is descending into tribal warfare.

Some poster upthread said it should have been me. Can you credit it?! He doesn't remotely know me, the totality of who I am, and because I'm not cheering for this man's murder, I, too, should be stabbed 17 times publicly.

Hey, about we start holding auto da fes in Parliament Square?

Some things really transcend single issues, even one dear to the heart.

Where this sort of stuff takes a whole society is no place good.

You might want to give a personal shit about living in a culture which increasingly approves of a violent response to disagreement.

by Anonymousreply 237October 16, 2021 9:21 AM

I'm now putting this thread on ignore. It's filled with the same gruesome reductionist violence as the man who stabbed Amess is filled with. The danger to everyone of supporting this just does not seem to register.

by Anonymousreply 238October 16, 2021 9:30 AM

R237 What a blowhard.

by Anonymousreply 239October 16, 2021 9:41 AM

R238 it's certainly making me think less of progressives who say "be kind! Respect people!" and then demonize a murdered person and (ultimately) cheer on the murderer who killed him.

Do you guys even hear yourselves? How are you better, or different from, the people you purport to be demonic entities? When you "other" people into these groups based on their political stances as subhuman, and then, because the fact that they may be perfectly lovely in other areas of their lives, or have sincerely held beliefs, you trash them and try to find ways to tear down any positive things or statements they have made - ones that you would ordinarily have agreed with, if they didn't hold these other virws - you end up sounding exactly like a fanatic. It makes you and your causes, by association, seem cultist.

There are truly evil cunts in this world. Rush Limbaugh, as mentioned upthread for example, seemed to have very few redeeming qualities, but he's God's problem now. This MP didn't seem anywhere near Rush's level of crapulence and in fact seems to have been a decent person in general.

And before anyone accuses me of being a Trumper or conservatroll, I am from the US and have always voted Dem. I just can't stand this weird fanaticism that has taken over the left - like aren't we supposed to be better than the right's fanatics? The solution isn't to emulate their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 240October 16, 2021 10:08 AM

That was great r237. Really great bravo!!

Part of the issue I feel is that some of us are not Americans and what is becoming more and more obvious as time goes on is how fundamentally different we are to them.

I thought there were so many similarities to other Anglo cultures ,but that is not true. We don’t have the toxic Left / Right divide that the US does. Religion does not play a huge part in most of our politics and politics does not consume our lives. We do define ourselves by who we vote for. Americans do. Because it is so bound up in who they are, it is not just a policy they are discussing, it is a personality flaw.

This simply is incomprehensible to most of us, but because we don’t analyse it much we take what is said by Americans and because of the language similarities we adopt policies America has and they become absurd in our cultures.

Hence in England you had protestors against Police violence yelling “don’t shoot “at Police , who don’t carry guns and haven’t for years.

The other issue is the toxicity of American politics is so on a powder keg , that being rational fails. It is driven by emotion, hence everyone is a Nazi ,when frankly not many people alive have actually seen one, because they are all dead.

But if your opponent becomes a thing you can just dismiss them. This is how the real Nazis were able to kill the Jews. They weren’t people to them, they were vermin. Ironic isn’t it , where the US is now.

by Anonymousreply 241October 16, 2021 10:11 AM

[quote]This is how the real Nazis were able to kill the Jews. They weren’t people to them, they were vermin.

R241 It goes FAR beyond simple dismissal. The "real Nazis" were able to exterminate Jews because they had two millennia of Church-fomented, culturally-inculcated Jew hatred supporting them. EVERYONE viewed Jews as vermin. And that attitude continues to this day. See Corbyn and Labour for myriad examples.

by Anonymousreply 242October 16, 2021 10:26 AM

Somalians and their knives.

They need their knife to express themselves.

They may not be fluent in the language so they express themselves by lashing out with knives. This English parliamentarian's body was turned into minced-meat after SEVENTEEN slashes of the Somalian's knife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243October 16, 2021 10:41 AM

[quote] What’s name of murderer?

R195 The police are withholding the name of the killer until all the killer's relatives are informed.

The killer's relatives may not be in England at the moment. Living, I suspect, on welfare may mean they're sufficiently affluent to holiday back in their homeland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 16, 2021 10:49 AM

R159 Britain gave £147million in aid to Somalia in 2019-20.

by Anonymousreply 245October 16, 2021 10:55 AM

R241 have you heard Owen Jones from The Guardian or his ilk in the UK? Same fanatical/militant viewpoint, not from the US. It does seem to exist - and is growing - in the UK. I don't think it's a wholly US introduction either. Polarization and more extreme rhetoric to be happening in many Western nations, in some places more than others of course.

There is definitely contagion in the UK from the US as with Black Lives Matter, but I don't think it's wholly nonsense that the UK (and frankly a lot of Europe) can be rather racist. However the two are not the same and come from a totally different point so it is intellectually lazy to conflate the two like what happened during the BLM protests.

R242 while I agree there are antisemitic elements in Corbyn's Labour party that he seemed to ignore (not sure he encouraged it) it didn't seem to reach anywhere near the level you are comparing it to re: the Nazis. That seems rather hyperbolic.

by Anonymousreply 246October 16, 2021 11:00 AM

The answer is knife control. All knives must be registered.

by Anonymousreply 247October 16, 2021 11:07 AM

[quote] there are antisemitic elements in Corbyn's Labour party that he seemed to ignore (not sure he encouraged it)

R246 Corbyn encouraged Jew hatred in Labour for years through his actions by doing nothing, turning a blind eye. Exactly as Europe did to Nazi Jew hatred/extermination. Labour continues to support Corbyn's Jew hatred through their actions, i.e. reistating Corbyn into the Party. To say nothing of Labour members voting for Corbyn as Leader twice. Talk about dismissive.

by Anonymousreply 248October 16, 2021 11:21 AM

R248 there are many who think that the British media amplified the antisemitic stories to get Corbyn out of power and that the main people who believe the stories are Brexiters because it's convenient for them to do so.

Comparing that to the rise of the Nazis is extreme.

by Anonymousreply 249October 16, 2021 11:25 AM

R249 Corbyn/Labour are Jew-hating scum. The EHRC confirmed it. Your dismissive deflection simply reiterates how insidious Labour's turning a blind eye to culturally-entrenched Jew hatred remains.

by Anonymousreply 250October 16, 2021 11:39 AM

A lot of the extremism is due to the anonymity of the Internet. If people had to post under their real names, posts would be less toxic. Everyone would know who supports murdering politicians who don’t share their beliefs. Kind of important information to have. The US does have freedom of speech but actively cheering on someone’s murder is taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 251October 16, 2021 11:53 AM

Completely agree with R251.

by Anonymousreply 252October 16, 2021 11:59 AM

[quote] A lot of the extremism is due to the anonymity of the Internet

Today's murderer is still anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 253October 16, 2021 12:05 PM

R253 Only because he's Somali. If he was European, you'd know everything about him, including his blood type, reported in detail by agenda-driven rags like The Gaudrian.

by Anonymousreply 254October 16, 2021 12:11 PM

No matter what his politics, Amess did not deserve to be murdered.

How can anyone stab another person seventeen times? Does religious extremism turn people into sociopaths, or are sociopaths likelier to be attracted to religious extremism in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 255October 16, 2021 12:30 PM

[quote][R248] there are many who think that the British media amplified the antisemitic stories to get Corbyn out of power and that the main people who believe the stories are Brexiters because it's convenient for them to do so.

Amplified is an interesting word - it makes you sound like you accept there were stories about Corbyn being an antisemite but they shouldn't have been given the coverage they did. Now why might that be?

by Anonymousreply 256October 16, 2021 12:51 PM

R82, Lol, I should have read your comment thoroughly before I wasted a WW on it. Accusing R80, of having a "black heart" for not caring about some dead anti gay homophobe is a pathetic attempt at gaslightling. We don't care if homophobes kill other homophobes, get that through your thick skulls. The only thing agreeable here is how the minority and loudmouth "Trumptards" and maggats like R9/R17/R94 and the rest spamming this board don't belong here, so please take them with you.

by Anonymousreply 257October 16, 2021 1:48 PM

When you import the third world you become the third world.

by Anonymousreply 258October 16, 2021 3:20 PM

I agree—they’re not from westernized places, with the exception of Hispanics, who people don’t want, but they roll out the red carpet for third world. At least here in America they do, but we’ll pay for it in 20 years. We’ll be where the UK is.

by Anonymousreply 259October 16, 2021 3:36 PM

The guy who killed him is a homophobe too and he didn’t kill him because he was defending gays. Allowing a backwards ass group of people to take over our country isn’t as simple as you’re either a trump supporter or not. In many ways I am an extremely radically left person and I don’t want to become how Sweden has. I have a multi racial family so this isn’t just some white supremacist issue. I don’t think a group of people who want to push back the gay and feminist movements should be welcomed with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 260October 16, 2021 3:54 PM

The punishment should be deportation back to your home country. There should be a ten year period where if you commit a serious crime as an immigrant, you get deported back to where you came from.

You want to stay in this safe haven? Don't fuck up motherfucker?

by Anonymousreply 261October 16, 2021 3:57 PM

r240 We have no way of knowing if the left has a great majority who think that way or a small vocal minority. The left being this radical is a relatively new development and it only makes it easier for our billionaire overlords to play us like puppets on a string. Suddenly the right are the ones standing by watching the left foaming at the mouth, when did this start?

We are fed, by the media, exactly what the Overlords want us to believe. We are fed who to be mad at and who to support. We are propagandized to the teeth.

Personal responsibility is crucial, don't think or do anything about or to anyone else that you would not want aimed at you. Stop. Take ten minutes before you allow yourself to react. I'm not just saying this to you, but anyone that takes a diet of mainstream news needs to realize that news items are selected for a reason and that reason has nothing to do with our well being.

by Anonymousreply 262October 16, 2021 4:14 PM

And while you're waiting those ten minutes some old conservative white men have successfully stopped legal abortion in Texas with a $10,000 bounty on the heads of anyone who disobeys. Rape those 12 year olds and HAVE MY BABY, BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 263October 16, 2021 4:23 PM

r256 I don't think Corbyn is an antisemite. But there were some incidents of antisemitism in Labour when he was in charge, those actually did happen. Do I think it's a huge problem that indicates Labour is full of antisemites and a massive structural problem akin to the time before the Holocaust, like the poster on this thread who can't go three words without mentioning "Jews"? No. Anyway, I'm kind of done with this because it's way off the post topic and at this point seems more like an intentional distraction than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 264October 16, 2021 5:51 PM

Corbyn is 1000% an antisemite and a traitor to his country. There’s not one terrorist organization he hasn’t supported.

by Anonymousreply 265October 16, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote]I don’t think a group of people who want to push back the gay and feminist movements should be welcomed with open arms.

You say this but the government ideas. It’s interesting to me how the government falls over themselves for immigrants from strongly anti-gay places but keeps out immigrants from places with more rights for gays than say, the US. I don’t believe that’s on accident or a coincidence. The government has never been on the side of gay people.

by Anonymousreply 266October 16, 2021 5:55 PM

Has *different ideas

by Anonymousreply 267October 16, 2021 5:55 PM

Corbyn isn't an antisemite. He's opposed to Zionism.

by Anonymousreply 268October 16, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] We don’t have the toxic Left / Right divide that the US does.

You cannot be serious. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 269October 16, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote] The guy who killed him is a homophobe too

Link.

by Anonymousreply 270October 16, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote]He's opposed to Zionism.

😉

by Anonymousreply 271October 16, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote] I don't think Corbyn is an antisemite.

oh wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 16, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote][R256] I don't think Corbyn is an antisemite. But there were some incidents of antisemitism in Labour when he was in charge, those actually did happen. Do I think it's a huge problem that indicates Labour is full of antisemites and a massive structural problem akin to the time before the Holocaust, like the poster on this thread who can't go three words without mentioning "Jews"? No. Anyway, I'm kind of done with this because it's way off the post topic and at this point seems more like an intentional distraction than anything else.

You're a racist. FLUSH

by Anonymousreply 273October 16, 2021 6:25 PM

Enraging crime.

by Anonymousreply 274October 16, 2021 6:26 PM

r272 yes, it's quite ridiculous of them.

r273 Sure, Jan. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 275October 16, 2021 6:27 PM

Update..the Mayor of London has changed his statement re: the stabbing. He now ways, "Somebody did something, somewhere to someone"

by Anonymousreply 276October 16, 2021 7:54 PM

Has David Lammy made a statement about his fellow-African's behaviour?

by Anonymousreply 277October 16, 2021 10:39 PM

This'll throw a wrench into Boris' plan to bring in all those temporary foreign truck drivers.

by Anonymousreply 278October 16, 2021 10:49 PM

Now they’re saying that there may be a link to Islamic terrorism but aren’t sure snd the dude was a British national.

by Anonymousreply 279October 16, 2021 10:49 PM

The killer's name is علي حربي علي.

by Anonymousreply 280October 16, 2021 11:09 PM

[quote] The man arrested on suspicion of murdering MP Sir David Amess is Ali Harbi Ali, Whitehall officials confirm to the BBC.

I'd have lost my bet. I was expecting he would be another Mohammed

Alī is a male Arabic name derived from the Arabic root ʕ-l-w, which literally means "high", "elevated" or "champion"

by Anonymousreply 281October 16, 2021 11:16 PM

He's British born.

by Anonymousreply 282October 16, 2021 11:17 PM

This is NOT the killer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 16, 2021 11:31 PM

“We don’t have the toxic Left / Right divide that the US does. You cannot be serious. Jesus Christ. R269”

I didn’t explain myself well. We obviously fo have a Right/ Left divide but it is in many ways entirely different to Republican/Democrat in the US. Many Conservatives in the Anglosphere are more aligned to the Democrats than the Republicans.

This is because the Conservative Party are the ones who led the change for Gay Marriage. They pushed the Environment. In Covid they are the ones who pushed for Furlough. The Religious overtones of the Republicans are just not there in most of the Conservative Party. Yes there are Religious people in the Party, but it does not dominate the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 284October 16, 2021 11:47 PM

One of those stories you instantly know the Daily Mail won’t allow any comments on.

by Anonymousreply 285October 17, 2021 12:00 AM

I don't think that Americans understand what conservatism is in countries such as the UK or Canada, R284. There are some far right nutcases, and some of them are within the Conservative party, but they don't make up the majority. Most Conservatives in Canada and in the UK are nothing like American republicans, (if Joe Biden were a Canadian politician, he'd be what we call a red Tory, not a Liberal). I think it's because neither the UK or Canada has the same percentage of religious people, particularly evangelicals. That said, I've never voted conservative and never will.

by Anonymousreply 286October 17, 2021 12:10 AM

American Republicans are nothing like Conservatives in the rest of the civilized world. They would be borderline fascists anywhere else. American Democrats are more like various Conservatives everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 287October 17, 2021 12:12 AM

Some gross generalising here.

by Anonymousreply 288October 17, 2021 12:15 AM

One the Daily Mail right now.

United in grief: Boris Johnson, Keir Starmer and Priti Patel lay flowers for David Amess at murder scene – as defiant Home Secretary vows 'we cannot be cowed' and police speak to MPs about security

Still no comments permitted. I believe that is less to do with the website than fear of prosecution if British subjects were permitted to express what they actually think. And r287 points the finger of fascism at America.

by Anonymousreply 289October 17, 2021 12:27 AM

The Royal Family, [R233].

by Anonymousreply 290October 17, 2021 12:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 17, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote]It was such a savage attack.

The gay man’s religion strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 292October 17, 2021 2:26 AM

There is no such thing as "the gay man's religion".

by Anonymousreply 293October 17, 2021 2:52 AM

There is and it’s Islam.

by Anonymousreply 294October 17, 2021 3:05 AM

So you're the Gay Islam Troll. And I thought I'd seen everything. Do you fuck children or just corpses? You know, like all Christians do.

by Anonymousreply 295October 17, 2021 3:09 AM

No Mohammad Gay Man, I don’t.

by Anonymousreply 296October 17, 2021 3:13 AM

But all Christians and Catholics fuck children. That's all they do. Ask any choir boy. If they aren't available, they fuck corpses. It's a known fact. The body of Christ compels you.

by Anonymousreply 297October 17, 2021 3:17 AM

You’ve been drinking tonight. Ciao.

by Anonymousreply 298October 17, 2021 3:18 AM

Buh bye now, fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 299October 17, 2021 3:21 AM

[quote]Still no comments permitted.

[quote]𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒍𝒆

Neither the British nor any other European government wants to be held accountable for decades of misguided migrant policies. The media has colluded, abrogated their job of public watchdog, by closing down public debate. One of the first media to silence the public debate was The Gaudrian, stating that it was closing its Comments section because it didn't want to be the purveyors of "toxic commentary". In addition, hate speech laws were enacted to ensure compliance with government policy. Now you have governments who have no desire to answer policy questions that the media has no desire to ask.

by Anonymousreply 300October 17, 2021 4:47 AM

If it's true that some of his constituents witnessed the attack, they're going to be traumatised for life.

Is it possible that the Mail is disallowing comments on those articles for legal reasons?

by Anonymousreply 301October 17, 2021 12:16 PM

The general rule of thumb is: the more left-leaning the publication/ media is, the more likely the tendency to close down the comments sections.

by Anonymousreply 302October 17, 2021 12:24 PM

[quote]Neither the British nor any other European government wants to be held accountable for decades of misguided migrant policies. The media has colluded, abrogated their job of public watchdog, by closing down public debate. One of the first media to silence the public debate was The Gaudrian, stating that it was closing its Comments section because it didn't want to be the purveyors of "toxic commentary". In addition, hate speech laws were enacted to ensure compliance with government policy. Now you have governments who have no desire to answer policy questions that the media has no desire to ask.

What the fuck is this shit?

There has been a high profile murder, a man has been arrested and the UK's strict contempt laws now apply.

The idea that any news site is going to report on an ongoing criminal investigation where people can comment underneath "He's clearly guilty" etc is pure fantasy.

And that most definitely applies to Twitter as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303October 17, 2021 1:20 PM

R8....I guess surgery would be like a town hall meeting here. Another British term for a sweater or top is jumper. I just learned that.. so confusing..lol.

by Anonymousreply 304October 17, 2021 1:59 PM

It's not a town hall, R304. It's literally the chance to meet privately with your MP if you want to raise an issue with him/her.

by Anonymousreply 305October 17, 2021 2:05 PM

Oh...ok..thanks R305.

by Anonymousreply 306October 17, 2021 2:07 PM

One of the many horrible things about this murder is that it may usher an end of the great British (and Canadian) tradition of these surgeries, (we don't call them surgeries here in Canada, but usually our MPs have in person meetings two weekends a month). With the crazy threats they've been receiving since covid I wouldn't be surprised if more MPs cancel these meetings.

You're welcome, R306.

by Anonymousreply 307October 17, 2021 2:15 PM

R303 "This shit" as you call it is more than 20 years of "high profile" attacks, murders, and terrorism to say nothing of the social upheaval that successive governments have found it politically expedient to shrug off and soldier on with no interest in public opinion in what we know what's best kind of way. Amess is the latest in a long line going back to London 2005 and before.

by Anonymousreply 308October 17, 2021 2:16 PM

^^^ in THAT we know what's best ^^^

by Anonymousreply 309October 17, 2021 2:17 PM

The day this happened, I went to the Daily Mail...thinking this would be the top story in the headlines. It was buried to maybe the third or fourth story down. It treated like a footnote. I thought that strange. Reading the comments here...I see why, such as R300's comment.

by Anonymousreply 310October 17, 2021 2:32 PM

It *was treated ^^

by Anonymousreply 311October 17, 2021 2:32 PM

[quote]The day this happened, I went to the Daily Mail...thinking this would be the top story in the headlines. It was buried to maybe the third or fourth story down. It treated like a footnote. I thought that strange. Reading the comments here...I see why, such as [R300]'s comment.

Are you outside of the UK? Maybe the MailOnline site has covered this story differently in other countries, like prioritising what brand of butter Meghan Markle used to make a cake in a home economics class when she was 13, but MailOnline in the UK have covered this non stop over the last 48 hours.

And the suggestion that THE DAILY MAIL has buried a story about a white Christian man being stabbed to death by a black muslim man is absolutely full blown crankery.

Some left wing people got very upset the man arrested has been described as black, a muslim, of African appearance, of Somali heritage, but that's a tiny proportion who get outraged about pretty much everything.

by Anonymousreply 312October 17, 2021 2:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313October 17, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote] 30% of "the people" refuse to get vaccinated because of various fears and conspiracy theories spread by for profit corporations, so please spare me that "the people" know what's best for them as a whole, like it somehow confers the inability to do and think stupid shit. A good number of them are just following the herd. Politicians do have to go against what their constituents want sometimes for that very reason

This man was a tory (republican). The republican voters and rurpert murdoch are the ones pushing the vaccine/Covid disinformation for almost 2 years

you may not know this but the tory party couldn't be bothered to do anything about Covid. They didn't give a shit who died. They actually planned to just let everyone get Covid until herd immunity was reached. Nothing was known about Covid or when or if Herd immunity could be reached. But they were happy to let up to 3% of their population die. Just so their lazy asses didn't have to do anything. They actually were GLEEFUL about letting the average citizen die of Covid, until boris johnson got Covid. That's when they got called out by everyone around the world for their stupidity and had to finally develop plans for how really handle Covid. And they fucked that all up too

The tory party arranged for rupert murdoch to get the vaccine immediately, when most average citizens were restricted from getting vaccinated for months

by Anonymousreply 314October 17, 2021 2:58 PM

Yes...I'm in the US R312...

by Anonymousreply 315October 17, 2021 3:28 PM

Ali Harbi Ali British? If a pig is born in a stable is it a horse?

by Anonymousreply 316October 17, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote]Yes...I'm in the US [R312]...

That might explain it then. The story has led MailOnline in the UK since it started as "MP attacked".

I have R316 on block and just checked to see why. Between the anti black and muslim far right nutters to the left wing antisemites who think Jeremy Corbyn was crucified by the Jews, there really is a nice wide space in the centre to look at both with total disdain.

by Anonymousreply 317October 17, 2021 3:44 PM

Can you be a centrist and be anti-Islam? Or does that make one automatically a “far-right nutter”.

by Anonymousreply 318October 17, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote] If a pig is born in a stable is it a horse?

Genuinely thought Bernard Manning was dead.

by Anonymousreply 319October 17, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote] I guess surgery would be like a town hall meeting here

If you ever read the Sherlock Holmes stories, Dr Watson would state he was meeting patients in his surgery. At the time I read these that was confusing since it sounded so unsanitary. It took some time to figure out this was just his office.

by Anonymousreply 320October 17, 2021 7:09 PM

Those crazy British terms. Why can't they speak English?

by Anonymousreply 321October 17, 2021 8:19 PM

Yeah, the Daily Mail site promotes different news to people with an US IP. Same with The Sun who are trying to get in on US news as well.

by Anonymousreply 322October 17, 2021 9:48 PM

He made SEVENTEEN slashes on the body of the English parliamentarian.

He made it into minced-meat long after he turned the man into a corpse. There would have been blood across the room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 18, 2021 6:11 AM

If only he had behaved himself the BBC would likely have made him host of the evening news.

by Anonymousreply 324October 18, 2021 6:44 AM

R323. Marla Gibbs circa 1960s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325October 18, 2021 6:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326October 19, 2021 11:39 AM

British Leaders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327October 19, 2021 11:41 AM

I’m astonished that the English, who pride themselves on being rotten, are so surprised that Americans have been carefully taught to be casually soulless.

by Anonymousreply 328October 19, 2021 11:59 AM

Those are liberal Americans who are casually soulless, R328.

by Anonymousreply 329October 19, 2021 12:18 PM

[quote] claimed he was 'moving to Southend and wanted to discuss healthcare'

[quote]Security sources claim he asked for an appointment claiming he wanted to discuss the NHS

[quote]after it emerged Ali Harbi Ali had been referred (to Prevent) around five years ago but not logged with the security services

Same old story seen from London to Brussels to Paris to Berlin. Muslim angered by minority status lashes out against a "symbol" of the majority to reclaim/redeem his Muslim identity/superiority.

One can only wonder if Amess would be alive today if those responsible hadn't been so reluctant/squeamish about turning over the name of a diplomat's potential terrorist son to MI5.

by Anonymousreply 330October 19, 2021 12:32 PM

Britain gave charity to this kid and he responds with murder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331October 20, 2021 5:00 AM

When is the funeral? Will it be quite grand?.

by Anonymousreply 332October 20, 2021 5:20 AM

There will be a special eulogy with many emotional pregnant pauses by England's finest rapists and child molesters.

by Anonymousreply 333October 20, 2021 5:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 21, 2021 4:17 PM

Get these fucking animals out of the UK and Europe! Nothing but problems with them.

by Anonymousreply 335October 21, 2021 4:50 PM

Unfortunately, R335, gays vote for politicians who bring them in. A gay man with a busted face at the hands of a Muslim, would still vote for a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 336October 21, 2021 6:55 PM

Update.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 11, 2022 6:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!