Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Noah Reid replaces Armie Hammer in Broadway play

This makes me so happy, seeing people get good opportunities thanks to Armie Hammer's downfall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2022 5:30 PM

I think he’d be great on Broadway and probably better than Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 1:16 PM

Does anyone know if there are any actors getting naked in this? There's often nudity in a Tracy Letts play. I'm really only interested if Noah Reid shows cock or at least that nice round ass of his.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 2:13 PM

Is he the one who was in love with that flamer David in Shite's Creek?

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 2:17 PM

Yes

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 2:38 PM

I hope there is nudity too.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 8:33 PM

Actors Equity had to approve this casting because Noah Reid is CANADIAN

as such his casting would have denied an AMERICAN a chance at a star-making role

the only exception to this rule is if the actor in question is an INTERNATIONAL STAR who would pull in an audience

Actors Equity questioned whether Noah Reid is an INTERNATIONAL star - the producers insisted he is an INTERNATIONAL STAR

in the end the producers won

So is Noah Reid an INTERNATIONAL STAR

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 8:42 PM

R6 - he's a dual citizen. His mother is American. He voted in the 2020 election.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 8:45 PM

Armie needs to release his nudes

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 10:02 AM

Like him and like Tracy Letts. Would've gone to see it if I still lived in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 10:29 AM

He didn't even want to do that stupid play.....

LMAO - What a desperate loser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 12:50 PM

There's no nudity. It takes place in a town council meeting. The most skin is people stripping to their undershirts.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 12:56 PM

Well then it's no loos at all. Armie needs to find another project where he gets to show it all off

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 1:04 PM

People strip to their undershorts in a play that takes place in a town council meeting, R11?

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 1:50 PM

r13, undershirts, not shorts. I don't want to get into spoilers, but it gets surreal at the end. There are spoilers on this discussion thread (go to page 3 if the link doesn't work properly).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 2:08 PM

[QUOTE] it gets surreal at the end

Well, it is a Tracy Letts play after all.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2021 2:15 PM

With all the Elon Musks and the Jeff Bezos', the Donald Trumps in the world why are people so obsessed with taking a poke at Armie Hammer? Yes, he is privileged, but his privilege hasn't been achieved on the backs of other people. The owners of companies like Uber, Amazon, Facebook and many others are worth billions and that's because they openly exploit and mistreat their employees. Why don't people have a go at them? You let them get away with sociopathic destructive greed, and go on and on about some middling actor who is not rich. In HW when I think rich , I think Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, even Jackie Chan is loaded. Armie Hammer? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2021 2:35 PM

R16 Look over there!

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2021 3:11 PM

Until he's been prosecuted in a court of law, producers don't have the right to fire Armie Hammer from a project.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2021 3:24 PM

R18, they don't need to. Pressure from theatre-goers can have the same effect

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 3:41 PM

Theatre-goers suck.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2021 3:48 PM

Why were Steppenwolf wanting to work with Armie Lector anyway? He couldn’t have put that many bums on seats.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2021 3:49 PM

I don't want to give you a partial response.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2021 3:50 PM

It's only great when the actor who gets the opportunity is not named Miles Teller.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2021 3:51 PM

R21 - Maybe he put his bum on many rim seats?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2021 3:54 PM

I think that seat's going to need considerably longer legs...

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2021 3:57 PM

I LOVE Noah, so HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2021 3:58 PM

This play was on its way to being a flop before Covid hit. I expect it to disappear swiftly no matter who goes into it.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2021 4:05 PM

Yeah, the show wasn't even doing 50% of its potential gross before the pandemic, with movie star Armie. It's not likely to do better now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2021 4:12 PM

Having to spend six months in rehab doesn't exactly sound like thriving or a success

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2021 4:40 PM

I loved Noah on Schitt’s Creek and think he’s cute but he doesn’t really have a body you want to see naked. Though I suppose that’s what personal trainers are for

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2021 4:45 PM

R6 Do you have a link? I think you maybe misunderstanding equity rules. I know Noah's family. His mother (Doreen Balabanoff) and father (Stuart Ried) were my professors when I was a student at OCAD. Doreen is American (she became a Canadian citizen in the 90s) and Noah has dual US/Canadian citizenship: this is why Noah has worked in LA and appeared on several US TV shows and is a member of SAG.

Now, if Noah is not a member of Equity (the actors union for US theatre performers) than the producers would have had to justify why they wish to hire a non-equity actor. Claiming he is an international star is one way producers can do this.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2021 4:49 PM

Thanks, R14.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2021 5:07 PM

R16 -

Yes, the Hammer family is a standard bearer for moral rectitude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2021 5:19 PM

You cannot pick your family. Armie is in his 30s, don't you think it is fair he's judged by what he himself does?

Is Mark Zuckerberg judged by what his family do?

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2021 5:31 PM

R34 But he IS being judged for his own actions though.

Not his wealth, not his family connections, HIS actions.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2021 5:50 PM

R16 You can hate more than one person at a time. Armie's fangirl army must be running low on numbers if this is the best argument they can come up with.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2021 6:14 PM

BROADWAY doesn't care for BOOZE or CANNIBALISM!

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2021 6:16 PM

R36 Oh the fans are still wanging on unfortunately ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2021 6:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2021 6:31 PM

"How do they know he's thriving? Have they thrown bodies at him that he hasn't eaten?"

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2021 6:39 PM

R38, I'm not a fan girl. I couldn't care less about Armie. I come here for the entertainment value. But at the same time, I just find it rididulous that there was a time on the DL, when people would create thread upon thread of posts on AH while in workplaces worldwide people are getting ripped off, literally peeing in cups because they weren't allowed a break. No-one is outraged about that; nobody creates multiple threads. Mind-boggling

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2021 6:39 PM

R41 Why don't you go and start threads on those topics then?

You're choosing to waste your time and energy here by telling us we're wasting our time and energy here.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2021 6:47 PM

R42, it's a good point. You're right but unfortunately I can't create threads

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2021 6:50 PM

r16/r38, if you're here on a gay gossip site, you're obviously not really invested in taking down the capitalistic system of billionaire privilege or in ensuring fair rights for workers. You are here for gossip about celebrities. Obviously you feel extremely protective of Armie Hammer for some reason, which means you're some sort of fangurl for him. Unfortunately, we will not lay off a celebrity just because he happens to be a personal favorite of yours.

You are hypocritical, as well as hysterical and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2021 7:20 PM

Sorry, I meant r16/r41, not r38.

Apologies to r38.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2021 7:21 PM

[quote] You are here for gossip about celebrities

No, there are loads of things to gossip about. There are threads on politics (e.g. brexit, on Chinese Cersorship, etc...), there are threads on economics, on finance, there are threads that comment on what is happening in the news, on films, on real estate, on fashion, on food, etc..... You can gossip about anything you want here. Thankfully gay people are not that limited.

[quote] You are hypocritical, as well as hysterical and ridiculous.

I guess it takes on to know one

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2021 7:40 PM

*It takes one to know one*

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote] You can gossip about anything you want here

Says the frau who just tried to shut down people gossiping about her fav.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2021 8:06 PM

[r16] -

I was referencing this part of your post:

[quote] Yes, he is privileged, but his privilege hasn't been achieved on the backs of other people. The owners of companies like Uber, Amazon, Facebook and many others are worth billions and that's because they openly exploit and mistreat their employees.

His family, in particular Armand, was notorious. Plus, the A&H dates back to the 1860s so God only knows what evil they visited upon the workers before labor laws were enacted.

I'm not saying the Hammers are the same as the Sacklers or that A&H is the same as Nestle, but they're not innocents in the woods either.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2021 8:14 PM

We had to bring the Hammer down on the Armie.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2021 8:15 PM

Some deluded cunt is standing by Jeffrey Hammer?

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2021 10:31 PM

R51 Money is also a thing

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2021 10:33 PM

R31 I don’t know anything - you know more! thanks for the info.

Any gossip about Noah?

by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2021 12:05 AM

R53 There is no gossip about Noah really. He comes from money, both his parents are successful designers and tenure professors at OCAD in Toronto. On one of the Canadian gossip threads there was some suggestion that his father had a bit of a "reputation" at the university.

by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2021 1:59 AM

Gotcha R54 thank you

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2021 3:17 AM

R53 - He never had any passion when he kissed. Cold lips, and he had the audacity to refuse tongue and full frontal in bed! Another season and I would have fired his ass.

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2021 11:36 AM

I believe it Daniel. He looked straight AF in those scenes with you.

by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2021 2:11 PM

Charles Nelson Reilly would have looked straight AF next to Daniel Levy.

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2021 10:28 PM

Excuse me R58 - your jealousy is showing.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2021 3:48 AM

^ Dear Daniel. I'm sure you already know where you can put that Emmy, and have tried it repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2021 11:26 AM

R60 - maybe I have. MAYBE I HAVE.

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2021 4:22 PM

Pointy side first, no doubt

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2021 10:02 PM

Having read a review of the Steppenwolf production in 2017, the play sounds good and Reid strikes me as a much better fit for the "aw shucks Jimmy Stewart type" character (per Variety's description) than Hammer.

Reid has done a fair amount of theater in Canada, so he'll be just fine.

BTW, Reid also has a few CDs out of his songs. Anyone heard them?

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2021 10:43 PM

Yes his music is average at best. The cover he did on Schitt’s Creek of the Tina turner song was better than any of his CDs.

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2021 11:09 PM

^ That's because I arranged it for him. Noah originally wanted to do an acapella rendition of Rhinestone Cowboy. I don't why I ever hired him.

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2021 12:04 AM

Noah is absolutely adorable listening to this screaming Mary run her mouth about loyalty and sex and getting a handjob.

I’ll see him on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2021 3:02 AM

R30, what is that gif of Reid from? Not SCHITT'S CREEK, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2021 2:56 AM

r67, it's from a Canadian TV show he did called Kevin From Work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 26, 2021 10:33 PM

KEVIN FROM WORK was not a Canadian series - it was American and made for ABC Family. I saw one episode and it was pretty mediocre, mostly due to the writing. Reid was charming, but that wasn't enough.

I disagree with R64 about his music after listening to his recent CD GEMINI. Don't like all the songs, but most of them are solid. He's introspective without being cloying like that navel-gazing mess Ben Platt. At times his voice sounds a lot like Paul Simon's and it works well for the kind of stuff that he does, including "Simply The Best" on SCHITTS CREEK.

by Anonymousreply 69October 28, 2021 7:50 PM

Friends saw a preview of The Minutes yesterday and really liked it. Said the entire cast was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2022 5:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!