Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“YOU” season 3 Official Thread!

Season 3 is here!!!! Omg I know you all are as excited as me! What will Joe be like now that he’s a father? Will Love and him try killing one another? Omg this is gonna be GOOD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Because it’s so convoluted, I think watching this is going to be a big help before season three, and is much better then just a string of clips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 12:14 PM

Wait, no one told me hunky DILF Scott Speedman is in this season!!! If there’s ever a time for the him You to turn Gay, now’s the time!

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 12:55 PM

Scott is in this and Greys Anatomy too? He’s having a resurgence on TV

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 12:59 PM

Let the Speedaissance begin!

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 1:11 PM

Why didn't they just call it U?

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 1:28 PM

He took out the teeth so she couldn’t be identified, but didn’t cut off her hands at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 2:10 PM

It’s great taking on antivaxers, missing white woman syndrome and college admissions scandal, lol.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 6:09 PM

Dear God, this show is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 6:32 PM

Super hard body worked out Scott Michael Foster in just bulging tighty whiteys, yes please!

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 1:18 AM

I'm only in the middle of the second episode, but I love how they wasted NO time. We KNOW to begin the season what they're both capable of so why beat around the bush. It's been very darkly funny so far.

I think we agree that we want Joe or Luv to kill the black "mom-fluencer" chick - who is wonderfully written as the peak of annoying upper middle class fraudom. Her seething, snarky backhanded insults are a joy. This "fluid" Stanford kid must end up being an important character.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 1:48 AM

This show would be million times better if it was made by HBO

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 12:23 PM

But it wasn’t. So get over it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 12:49 PM

It originally started at Lifetime (!). When it arrived at Netflix, it became the hit it's now.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 1:23 PM

R13 Lifetime? That's even worse than Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 3:28 PM

Season 1 was actually terrific. Better than when Netflix took over.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2021 3:29 PM

R15 Nah, it sucked.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2021 3:30 PM

Nah, it was great r16

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2021 3:31 PM

R17 What was great about it?

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2021 3:34 PM

I watched six episodes and it's been fine. A fun distraction. I'll probably finish today. Like the other seasons, I'd imagine it will fun and a thrill and then forgettable. It's not a show I'd ever revisit.

The first season was better simply for the novelty - Joe kept on "going there" and then it didn't end with some typical she escapes or happy ending. It was all new and short of shocking and made you uneasy. Plus the side characters were great. I actually like season 3 better than season 2, even though season 2 had the big swticheroo.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 3:34 PM

I know a psycho who is the ugly version of this guy.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2021 3:35 PM

I hate literal renditions of “Baby One More Time”.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2021 3:40 PM

I’m excited. Got this, succession, and curb your enthusiasm coming up this month. My other favorite is Fauda, can’t wait for a new season.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2021 3:42 PM

I liked season two better because it took place in LA. The New York episodes were dark and dreary to me, and I lived in the city for many years.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2021 3:43 PM

I like that they didn't try to make season 3 that mysterious and draw out Love and Joe's machinations. The whole premise of You has been established already - "these bitches are off and will kill." So, this season seems breezier to me in that it's really only about who gets killed and what set of Joe or Love to do it. Yeah they've tried to build an overall story arc around it all, but it's not as important as in the past seasons. I'm never wondering deeply about how this will all play out. It's more dark comedy this season than thriller or mystery. There's some nice suburban fraudom (and whatever the male equivalent is) take downs

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2021 4:04 PM

I’m 3 episodes in and am enjoying it. Do I need to start succession?

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2021 4:22 PM

It’s probably the most Halloweenie thing I’m going to watch and I was totally there for it. Loved the skewering of California suburbia rich types and it’s nice to see the Gay people be the best ones and most likeable , I assume that’s Greg’s influence on the show.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Succession is worth at least a look, definitely. I stopped after two episodes of season 2, but I might revisit it with season 3 coming out. Stopping had nothing to do with the quality of the show, but rather my binging it. Binging TV shows is normal at this point, but I'm the type who if I binge, I can get sick of a show even if I really like it. So I'll just stop watching. I do better watching 2 episodes at a time (for an hour long show) and taking a few days and repeating that.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2021 4:28 PM

I loved the first 2 seasons, so far not liking 3rd season much😩

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2021 4:48 PM

I've found Victoria Pedretti to be such a strong actress in The Haunting series but watching this third season of You makes me fearful that she may descend into CW type career. I think her next project is with the 13 Reasons Why producers which just sounds terrible. She has a lot of talent and charisma and I wish she would do movies instead of streaming shows. Anyway, I agree that the first season of You was the only one that really had something going on in my opinion. The shock of it all wears off after that. I felt like the first season had something to say about trusting your instincts about someone or else. Penn Badgley looks more and more vegan as time goes on.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2021 4:59 PM

R29 How does one look vegan?

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2021 10:13 PM

R30 Pale, skinny, little muscle mass.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2021 11:08 PM

R31=never met a vegan in his life.

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2021 8:55 AM

R31 So skinny, so pale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2021 9:01 AM

Unless he shows dick I am done with this show.

S02 was so boring I gave up.

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2021 9:54 AM

Loved season 1. Felt special and new.

Season 2 was good but got boring. I loved the LA setting though

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2021 1:16 AM

I finished season 3. I liked it through about 5 or 6 episodes, but then it digressed quickly and the ending was eye rolling. Granted, that was always going to be the case, even if I liked it better. They set it up nicely for season 4 if Netflix renews it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2021 2:13 AM

“If” Netflix renews a show that has people watching like crazy?

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2021 2:15 AM

Episode one, not liking all the baby stuff.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2021 2:40 AM

Oh a vaccination subplot, wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2021 4:21 AM

This season was a let down. I feel like they tied up the first storyline by episode five and then meandered and kicked dust for a few episodes before packing the finale. It wasn’t as relentlessly twisty and turny as the first two. The librarian was far less interesting of an obsession than Love and Beck.

I will say that the ending was sufficiently disturbing. I keep thinking of Joe dragging Love’s lifeless body across the floor.

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2021 7:05 AM

What was putting the one toe in a pie about?

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2021 1:29 PM

"The librarian was far less interesting of an obsession than Love and Beck."

She was because we really don't spend much time with her. Joe isn't obsessed with her from the start - it just randomly starts mid way through. Plus he's dealing with Love all the time as well. So unlike the other seasons, there is no singular focus. They didn't really set up why he would become obsessed with Marienne - it felt unearned. Granted, Joe is obsessive by nature, but still. The child Joe flashbacks were unnecessary. At this point I don't need his genesis illuminated.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2021 8:59 PM

Spoiler alert, r40. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote] What was putting the one toe in a pie about?

He faked his death and made it look like Love chopped him up and discarded his remains all over the place (including in her own baking and remember, she runs a pastry shop).

I quite loved this season. But that's mainly because the minor gay characters were the nice, non-unhinged residents of suburbia. Plus hotties Travis Winkle, Dylan Arnold (from the recent Halloween and Halloween Kills) and Scott Michael Foster.

At first I wanted the swingers couple dead for being such shallow cunts, but once they were trapped in the cage they got hilarious. I could watch those guys bicker and make up a lot longer on the show. The early parts of Swing and a Miss are quite hot.

Loved the final showdown between Joe and Love.

So, I guess Joe has a younger half-brother?

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2021 12:03 PM

Regarding Henry, won't Love's mom (Saffron Burrows) try to get custody for her grandson? I doubt that Dante and his boyfriend will have much of a claim despite Joe's "Last Will".

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2021 12:15 PM

I thought the voice over at the end explained that Love's mom tried to get custody and failed. Maybe that's not realistic, but hardly any of the show is.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2021 12:37 PM

Love’s mother started a major wildfire, hopefully she’s in jail for life.

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2021 12:41 PM

Fuck, yes. the voice-over does mention that Dottie tried and failed to get custody of Henry. Totally missed that.

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2021 12:52 PM

I hope Love isn’t really dead, that she pulled the same thing Joe did. I actually felt bad for Love at the end.

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2021 12:57 PM

The failed fourgy had some hot moments between the two dudes (dark and hairy meets blonde and smooth).

It was the best of the three series, with some good social satire thrown into the mix. But a lot of eyerolling "woke" casting (i.e. blind gay man with overweight African-American partner as adoptive parents) detracts.

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2021 1:25 PM

There being gays is woke in itself r50. But nice try

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote]I hope Love isn’t really dead, that she pulled the same thing Joe did. I actually felt bad for Love at the end.

I'm sure she's dead. It says something that her mom she cast out, inadvertently brought her down. When she clued Joe into the fact that even she thought Love killed her ex-husband he was able to stay ahead of Love because he knew he had to. She didn't have that luxury.

[quote] But a lot of eyerolling "woke" casting (i.e. blind gay man with overweight African-American partner as adoptive parents) detracts.

You're right. The show should only have been white people without any disabilities.

You people sound so silly with this. Just because a show has someone that is blind, deaf or a race other than white DOESN'T mean it's "woke." Madre Linda is based on San Francisco's suburbs and out of the rich friends they have, only one is black and married to a rich white guy, the other couple are Asian with one of them working in tech. Then of course there's the gay white couple who really do inhabit suburbs! The other people Joe knows from/through work because the blind guy, his husband and the girl he likes all have jobs and aren't rich. It all makes sense.

[quote]I thought the voice over at the end explained that Love's mom tried to get custody and failed. Maybe that's not realistic, but hardly any of the show is.

She was an alcoholic, in a cult, that had two dead adult children, one of whom was a drug addict and the other a murderer. No sane court would have given that child to her.

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2021 3:25 PM

R52 I wish you guys would stop entertaining that psycho obsessed with everything being 100% white. They think that because they are racist and only associate with whites that every other white person is exactly the same. They’re twisted.

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2021 5:06 PM

R43, it’s a thread to discuss the season. I didn’t open it until I finished the season and you should’ve done the same. The episodes are all available and there’s no spoiler-less expectation. This is Netflix 101.

by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]I wish you guys would stop entertaining that psycho obsessed

R53, You think there's just ONE person, on every thread, for the past few years making comments like this?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2021 7:23 PM

R55 I can see where they’re posting from. Most of those comments come from the same exact location.

I don’t know about years ago, but right now, there is mostly one. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2021 7:25 PM

Does DL favorite C.S. play gay in this?

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2021 7:49 PM

Dipped a bit in the middle but took off once Sherry and Cary made it into the cage. "Give me a flag, babe. Give me a flag!"

So Joe was measured mostly non-killer this season. Disappointed at the aconite/adrenaline solution but delighted when Sherry used her marital relationship skills to figure out the key was inside.

by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2021 8:43 PM

I felt sorry for Marcia Cross. Having to take that non-essential role.

by Anonymousreply 59October 20, 2021 8:47 PM

R59 Shut up, LOL. Bree was the most interesting character the first 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 60October 20, 2021 10:45 PM

I’m not someone who is usually skirmish about violence on TV (I loved Sopranos and GoT) but some of these scenes definitely disturbed me, like Joe stabbing the baby daddy (it just seemed so real!) and Love whacking the poor pitiful Theo upside the head. This show is really one of the best satires I’ve seen in years

Also, great job showing the difference between a psychopath (Joe) and a sociopath (Love)

by Anonymousreply 61November 1, 2021 12:51 AM

I'm about halfway through and enjoying the season. I haven't read many posts above in case there are spoilers but it appears Penn and Travis Van Winkle are going to fuck!

by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2021 4:16 AM

The Lifetime season was better. Netflix screwed it up, with that smartass bitch producer coming on. How do these fast talkin mediocrities keep ruining everything fun?

by Anonymousreply 63November 13, 2021 4:19 AM

I know she’s not some huge mega star, but what the hell was Marcia Cross doing in that bit part?

They didn’t give Scott Speedman much to do.

by Anonymousreply 64November 13, 2021 4:51 AM

I think Scott will have a bigger part in Season 4– I could see them having a “team” of people out for revenge against Joe. Since Joe is in Paris, he probably isn’t financially supporting the teen girl from season 2 so now she has incentive to rat him out. Especially since Love’s murder-suicide letter probably went viral

by Anonymousreply 65November 13, 2021 7:42 AM

R64, she probably picked up some quick work to keep her Union benefits. I’m sure she has a lot saved from DH, enjoys her free time, and works only when she needs to.

That, or her behavior on the set of DH caught up to her as it seems to have done with everyone. The only one of those ladies — who were the fixation of the media from 2004-2007 — that was still getting work was Felicity Huffman and we all know how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 66November 13, 2021 8:13 AM

Excuse ME?! Have you never heard of 13 Reasons Why or Supergirl?

by Anonymousreply 67November 13, 2021 1:00 PM

Is Darren Criss playing the gay blind librarian?

by Anonymousreply 68November 13, 2021 4:04 PM

Nice VPL on the newscaster in his tighty whities.

by Anonymousreply 69November 13, 2021 5:33 PM

Oh my god, this must be real and it shows off the stupidly of Fox News broadcasters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2021 4:08 PM

"I felt sorry for Marcia Cross. Having to take that non-essential role."

I wish I had a roll.

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2021 7:19 PM

R19 The first season was better simply for the novelty - Joe kept on "going there" and then it didn't end with some typical she escapes or happy ending. It was all new and short of shocking and made you uneasy.

Season 1 was also different in that it was beautifully photographed; Manhattan and good loooking actors in golden light.

Season 2 in L.A. was harsher looking but now it’s looking pretty again out in the suburbs of Madre Linda (or whatever the town is.) And the homoeroticism is bubbling.

by Anonymousreply 72November 28, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote]R68 Is Darren Criss playing the gay blind librarian?

I feel bad I didn’t notice Librarian Gay was blind until the scene where he had a big, prominent cane, helping Marianne’s daughter.

Did they set it up that way, or was I just not paying attention?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 28, 2021 12:57 AM

R73 He is not a librarian, he’s a library assistant. The actor is visually impaired.

by Anonymousreply 74November 28, 2021 1:01 AM

A gay, blind library assistant. What could be more pathetic?

by Anonymousreply 75November 28, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote]R74 He is not a librarian, he’s a library assistant.

He’s a librarian in the minds of anyone who visits the library. You real librarians with your fancy dewey decimal degrees can fight it out over the details!

How can he shelve books or anything, tho?? Or even tell if a volume is upside down or not when he handles it??

by Anonymousreply 76November 28, 2021 1:24 AM

I’m all for giving jobs to disabled people, but I have hard time figuring out what a blind person would do as a library assistant.

by Anonymousreply 77November 28, 2021 6:10 AM

He'd give head in the men's room r77.

by Anonymousreply 78November 28, 2021 12:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!