Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hannah Gadsby Tears Into Ted Sarandos for Defending Dave Chappelle, Netflix’s “Amoral Algorithm Cult”

Another unfunny aspie chimes in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote]“Hey Ted Sarandos. Just a quick note to let you know that I would prefer if you didn’t drag my name into your mess. Now I have to deal with even more of the hate and anger that Dave Chappelle’s fans like to unleash on me every time Dave gets 20 million dollars to process his emotionally stunted partial word view. You didn’t pay me nearly enough to deal with the real world consequences of the hate speech dog whistling you refuse to acknowledge, Ted. F–k you and your amoral algorithm cult… I do sh-ts with more back bone than you. That’s just a joke! I definitely didn’t cross a line because there isn’t one.”

Regardless of what side you're on you have to admit this is brave. Hannah Gadsby doesn't have one tenth of Chappelle's clout and she's likely lost any chance of having any more specials on Netflix (and thereby damaged her own career) with this post. I know y'alls are going to be saying how dumb that is but I don't know, I've never been able to help admiring people who will take a risky stand. Whether or not I agree with them.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 10:00 AM

No, I get it, R1. But I'm Team TERF so while I respect her speaking up for what she believes, I won't watch her shows because her stance as a TRA is diametrically opposed to mine.

But you're right, she has guts.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 10:12 AM

Is Hannah Gadsby the reincarnation of Harold Lloyd??

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 10:17 AM

I agree, R1, and I think maybe, if more people did stand by their values like that, we might actually have this better world people keep hoping for, rather than money being so many people's sole motive. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 10:49 AM

Dave isn’t fun y anymore. He’s just angry and on drugs? His last show sucked. I kept fast forwarding through the unfunny sermons but then it was the end.

Oh well.

Was he ever really funny though?

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 4:27 PM

His eyes are like the color of red kool aid. Must be all the crack he smokes.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 4:28 PM

Comedians are supposed to take the time and write up a good show. But Dave is a lazy junkie and just comes out in his pajamas and bitches about gay people for an hour like dude. Let it go. Go write a joke or something.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 4:30 PM

She is such a humorless cunt (as her "comedy" specials so brilliantly showcase).

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 4:32 PM

If I don’t find someone funny, ban it. Okay. This will lead to trans murder… this is the same shit as saying video games cause violence. Fuck off. Comedy is under attack and these so-called comedians should know better.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 5:19 PM

R7, comedy is subjective. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2021 5:20 PM

Ungrateful. This unfunny they was promoted to death by Netflix for a year or so and it's biting the hand that fed it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2021 5:23 PM

Nobody liked the show. Even diehard Dave fans are scratching their head. He is clearly going off the rails again and will probably go back into “hiding” smoking crack and god knows what else. Good riddance.

There are some good new comedians out there now that actually make you laugh and not dread their next line and stare at your watch.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 5:27 PM

I think he got 100 million dollars to trash gay people for an hour.

It sure beats working.

Netflix is trash. Even their “good” shows are cheap garbage.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2021 5:29 PM

She’s now worth twice as much to Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote] Regardless of what side you're on you have to admit this is brave.

Not really. She's on the autism spectrum, as she herself admits--just like Greta Thunberg, who also gets wrongly praised for being "brave."

I can't find it brave when this kind of stubbornness is really just a symptom of neuroatypicality.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2021 5:34 PM

Can stupidity also be considered brave?

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2021 5:40 PM

Who????

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2021 5:43 PM

She's not brave. Sarandos referenced her when talking about the diversity content on Netflix and so she had to speak out against him so that the trans cult and wokerati wouldn't think she backed him, because Sarandos is apparently now the devil for the trans cult.

Not that I ever watched her show or barely knew who she was, but I will certainly skip past her and everything she does from now on.

[quote] “So we have Sex Education, Orange Is the New Black, Control Z, Hannah Gadsby and Dave Chappelle all on Netflix. Key to this is increasing diversity on the content team itself.”

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2021 5:44 PM

Most lesbians don't cost much to run. I'm sure she's made more than enough money to retire. Unless the price of vegan catfood rockets.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2021 5:52 PM

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2021 5:57 PM

I agree, good for her - and the person who says this isn’t brave because she autistic is an idiot.

That being said, “amoral algorithm cult” is a fairly good description of capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2021 6:03 PM

Nah, what would really be brave is saying "I disagree with Chappelle and disapprove of what he's saying, but he should enjoy the right to say it, as everyone else should."

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2021 6:06 PM

R22 That seems more anodyne than brave.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2021 6:07 PM

r23, sometimes the bravest actions appear anodyne.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2021 6:08 PM

Oh for fuck's sake, R24, like when?

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2021 6:11 PM

Dave sold out. After all those years and thousands of hours crying and wailing and self-righteous finger pointing of sell-outs and in the end he sells out to the man.

What a waste of a career and all those suckers who championed him.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2021 6:12 PM

For r25:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2021 6:15 PM

Openly defying a group of people who are telling you to do something, and talking about why, is not anodyne. It’s brave and also considerate, but certainly not unlikely to provoke a disagreement.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2021 6:17 PM

I'm disappointed. I liked her specials a lot, didn't realize she was a handmaiden.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2021 6:18 PM

R9 When did young liberals become the Tipper Gores and 80’s Republicans? It’s like they want more censorship, more parental advisory stickers, more trigger warnings, blame violence on movies and video games, it’s SO 80’s and 90’s.

It makes sense why they Gen Z hates Madonna and Marilyn Manson. They’re conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2021 6:30 PM

HOW is that (literally) retarded, talentless woman "brave" for copy-and-pasting a Tumblr post to Twitter and hitting post? That is ridiculous. She sounds like the deranged fool that she is. Are any of them ever gonna reference any specifics from Dave's special that they found offensive? They sound like they didn't watch it. As a "TERF," aka a sane person, myself, I found his special in support of trannies than anything else. He certainly "validated" them more than I fucking would have. He called them by their "preferred pronouns" for the most part which I don't do. He also basically did spend the entire time apologizing to them. So stupid. It wasn't funny and he seemed really nervous even though he was saying he wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2021 7:01 PM

Ha! I posted that word on the TVLine article about this cow and fucking Ausiello deleted it.

What an asshole.

I still don’t know who the fuck she is.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2021 7:31 PM

Last year, Ted Sarandos and his wife gave the largest single gift to HBCs in American history. Ted doesn't take comedy scripts home at night and personally OK them the next day. He runs a company which has made many people (surely including some trans) quite wealthy. These employees are now able to donate large sums of money to all sorts of social and anti-poverty programs. Attacking Ted and his "algorithm cult" is laughable on it's very face.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] HOW is that (literally) retarded, talentless woman "brave" for copy-and-pasting a Tumblr post to Twitter and hitting post?

She is not just "brave-- she is brave and stunning BOTH!

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2021 8:02 PM

Amoral Algorithm - translation:

"I have no talent and am not funny, but DEMAND to be paid millions whether people watch my shows or not. It's more important to have representation than talent."

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2021 8:04 PM

I watch the David special and it really was bullshit. It was boring and some funny bits. But really his attacks on gay people really wasn't worth any jokes he made. And the I have a trans friend story he threw out against cancel culture really smacks of what people would have done previously- I have a black friend so I can't be racist! People will swallow this to be prejudice. He defended Da baby for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]That being said, “amoral algorithm cult” is a fairly good description of capitalism.

It is, isn't it?

And look how angry everyone in here is. So unpleasant, I'm out (and I still think what Hannah said is brave - agreement on social issues isn't a prerequisite for bravery, just fyi).

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2021 2:45 AM

Hannah darling, crawl back under your rock to Tasmania. I never liked you on the Adam Hills Show and can't stand you now. Goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2021 3:03 AM

It must have worked....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2021 5:39 AM

So brave. So woke.

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2021 5:53 AM

She'd be awesome if she was funny.

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2021 6:55 AM

They're still keeping the Chappelle show, so no, it didn't work. All Sarandos said was that he should have been more concerned about the hurt feelings of the trannies who work for him. 🙄 Ultimately, that means squat.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2021 9:19 AM

R42, the media narrative is, as usual, that the transloons are right and anyone who slights them is wrong and must apologise. That's why they're all focusing on the line where Sarandos says they should have paid more attention to the feelings of the trannies. Because what Sarandos really said is that Netflix is going to keep making whatever it wants.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2021 12:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!