Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas House Passes Bill To Bar Transgender Athletes From Women’s Sports

Texas is has lost its mind and is on an authoritarian warpath.

The bill, which largely takes aim at the ability of trans women and girls to participate in women’s sports, still needs final approval from the Texas Senate, but that body has already approved similar legislation, and passage there is considered likely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377October 28, 2021 5:52 PM

But as in other states, supporters produced no evidence that trans athletes are actually posing a risk to girls’ participation or ability to compete in scholastic sports. Before Thursday’s vote, Texas Republicans also said they did not know how many transgender athletes compete in scholastic sports across the state.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 4:14 AM

This makes my atrophied vagina hurt!

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 4:16 AM

good

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 4:24 AM

The LITERAL 👏VIOLENCE👏of it all! I don't have the spoons for this...

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 4:32 AM

Good.

Why are we letting these retros take this issue of protecting women and girls away from us.

Why have we abandoned science and medicine and sanity?

I see a reckoning coming and I need a hug.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 4:33 AM

There was a recent in-depth study done in England and the results were what sane people everywhere expected: men have an enormous athletic edge over women, even after years of hormones. Let them compete on their own teams or they can fuck right off and take OP with them.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 4:35 AM

They're right, men masquerading as women should not be allowed to play real women's sports.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 4:35 AM

Texas bars men from participating in women's sports. Whoever thought Texas could be so sensible.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 4:36 AM

Men SHOULD be banned from women's sports. What is groundbreaking about this? If you do not have a vagina, you are NOT and NEVER will be a woman. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 4:44 AM

A broken cock is right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2021 4:46 AM

Love you R10, cracked me up. I can't believe I agree with Texas legislature for once.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2021 4:56 AM

Trans athletes need to be forbidden from competing in track and field,weight lifting,cycling and wrestling.

However, they should be encouraged to compete in floor exercises,synchronized swimming, gymnastics and especially beach volley ball bot only if they conform to the Olympic sanctioned uniform of a bra and athletic thong.

Come on girls! Get yourselves tucked and grtbout there!

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 5:01 AM

Some sense, men shouldn't be allowed to be in women's sports. Idk which loons think it's fair when the power advantages are so unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2021 5:06 AM

OP / R1 — are you being ironic? The Texas Republicans got it right.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2021 5:10 AM

OP is a shit-stirrer. Either a deeply bitter gay trouble maker or a trans woman who wants to beat the shit out of girls during soccer practice..

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2021 5:10 AM

This is the only thing Texas gets right.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2021 5:40 AM

[quote] supporters produced no evidence that trans athletes are actually posing a risk to girls’ participation or ability to compete in scholastic sports

The Karolinska Institute says otherwise numbnuts.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2021 8:33 AM

If you mean the muscle mass study, they showed that trans women lost 5% of their muscle mass after switching to hormones for transition.

They talk about how limited their study was and their 3-year followup with more data isn't due for years yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2021 8:53 AM

Richard Raskin never even won a regional tennis championship against men. Then he transitioned to become Renée Richards and ranked twentieth worldwide at the age of forty-four.

There are tons of stories such as this: mediocre male athletes suddenly finding success when they start competing against women. Off the top of my head I can think of CeCe Telfer, Fallon Fox, Laurel Hubbard and Rachel McKinnon, but there are many more. Yet strangely enough, this isn't happening the other way around: female athletes aren't transitioning and beating men. Why do you think that is, OP?

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2021 9:30 AM

I agree. Something that’s common sense.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2021 9:46 AM

I'm starting to suspect DL veterans are right about these being bait threads, now.

I've not been here long, and the general consensus around here is that this sort of decision is reasonable and needed. So, no idea what OP is hoping to accomplish.

A cascade of replies that just read "good?" Ok, fine then.

Good.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2021 9:51 AM

I disagree with Texas.

What if there were a particularly tall high school basketball player, who is biologically male--much taller than the average high school player. Isn't this very tall player at an advantage over the rest of the opposing team? But yet, no one would force him off the team. He would be valued by his team.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2021 10:06 AM

This topic is a big red herring that Texas is using to display its bigotry.

It doesn't affect all that many people. There is no need for a law.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2021 10:07 AM

Women and girls are half the population, but all right R23.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2021 10:22 AM

[quote]Isn't this very tall player at an advantage over the rest of the opposing team?

R22 obviously knows nothing about basketball, rendering the attempted comparison a complete nonsense. Basketball is not solely about height, but also about speed, agility and timing.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2021 10:30 AM

R21 Why should this subject be verboten? Why do you think this is off limits?

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2021 10:33 AM

R23 It doesn't affect YOU, so you don't care.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2021 10:36 AM

R22 "What if there were a particularly tall high school basketball player, who is biologically male--much taller than the average high school player."

This happens all the time. It's called Nature.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2021 10:39 AM

“Make a Big Hate on Tranny Gay. Putin give me three dead Salmon, two pair new sox, dirty hoe with one disease, and peasant to pull plow if Gay make a big hate on Tranny who run, fight and jump. Boris have many sock puppets, but no socks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2021 10:41 AM

Of course the rightwing is going to act on this issue. It’s authoritarian and puts pressure on the Left.

The surprising thing is that leftwingers seem to think that adopting a position of telling women to shut up as their gender-based identity and rights are redefined is not going to be a vote-loser.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2021 10:42 AM

But F-to-M trans athletes can compete in MEN's sports.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2021 10:48 AM

Notice how the transcult never argue for transmen to participate in men's sports. I wonder why. It's almost as though they believe that biological men have some kind of advantage over biological women.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2021 10:53 AM

We don't see so many MTFs trying to compete in men's sports though, do we r31. Why aren't ACLU, etc. arguing for that?

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2021 10:55 AM

“I’m deeply offended. This isn’t fair!!! I deserve to be happy and enjoy life just like anyone else!!!”

Jazz Jennings*

*Not referring to the law, just to her broken bedside crockpot for nachos. Her fat ass ain’t running nowhere except to the fridge four times a day for cake.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2021 10:55 AM

R22 - would you say able-bodied athletes should be allowed to compete in the Paralympics? By your logic, the advantages an able-bodied basketball player has are no different from those of an unusually tall one.

Sport isn't segregated by height, so there would be no reason the basketball player in your example couldn't compete. There ARE different categories for men and women, so men should compete against men and women should compete against women. If someone thinks this is unfair and wants different sport categories for short, tall and medium-height athletes, they are welcome to campaign for them.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2021 11:00 AM

Boxing is a sport that goes by weight-class so that you don’t have the biggest brute crushing all opponents. I’m thinking there are many ways around this. Of course, the most obvious is to create a separate class for transgendered persons. Unfortunately, this does not meet the hidden, implicit, secretive agenda of the transgendered to forcibly have others comply to their special “medical” requirements. (I.e. delusion).

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2021 11:26 AM

All of you applauding realize the next step is to ban gay marriage and any other protections of gay people, right?

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2021 11:33 AM

One of these states is going to do that r37, and these trolls will probably disappear.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2021 11:36 AM

The Troll wants to have gay marriage banned. He admitted it a while back. He is also a big racist go figure.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2021 11:45 AM

This is not an either/or situation. Both can be and are true.

Texas did the correct thing by banning males from female sport. The posters on this thread applaud that.

IF Texas does the wrong thing, the posters on this thread will criticize that.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2021 11:51 AM

Biden ain't being strategic enuf. There's plenty of federal land in Texas — all three presidential libraries: SMU, UT-Austin and A&M. Biden needs to install outdoor trans bathrooms on federal land and begin federal trans-inclusive sports on those campuses ‚— even if trans stadiums need to be built. but... biden won't do it. If greg abbott could, abbott would...

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote] IF Texas does the wrong thing, the posters on this thread will criticize that.

Yeah, that'll do a lot of good.

And it isn't if.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2021 12:02 PM

It's so interesting the way that a bunch of mean-spririted old drunks who hate trans people (and women) suddenly become the Defenders of Women in Sports when it means shitting on trans people.

And Republicans *hated women's sports till about 20 minutes ago, when they realized they could gin up their vicious, bigoted base by passing hate-legislation.

You all deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2021 12:05 PM

Its all cultural appropriation until men want to infringe on womens’ spaces and rights. Goalposts continue to move.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2021 12:10 PM

Transgendered MTFs physically competing with XX females. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2021 12:14 PM

Please protect the biological women! Keep the sport fair!

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2021 12:14 PM

R43 forgot to dilate.

Funny how you never actually stick to the scientific facts on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 12:26 PM

Fascism 101: Pit those who might resist you against each other so they will not band together.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 12:42 PM

R43 Dude, girls don't have dicks.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2021 12:43 PM

R48 And you are left alone.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2021 12:51 PM

I actually agree with these. Just create a separate transgender sports category.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2021 12:52 PM

R49 Your Mom did

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2021 12:52 PM

I actually agree with these. Just create a separate transgender sports category.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2021 12:53 PM

R47 here is a fact: you are a crzy, obsessed loser of a loon. SOS everyday. Bigotry and more Bigotry. What destroyed your soul-if you ever had one.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2021 12:54 PM

Boris shut your face

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2021 12:54 PM

R49 is a straight-acting gay. She's not a faggot like the rest of those queers. She's just like a normal dude. Just happens to like guys. What's the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2021 12:55 PM

Boris go back to Russia and DIE

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2021 12:55 PM

Alot of posts missing from the resident trans troll I see.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2021 12:55 PM

R50, try to actually respond to the post next time.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2021 12:55 PM

Boris is clearly retarded

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2021 12:56 PM

Boris is a failed crossdresser.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2021 12:57 PM

The right is systematically going after anything that doesn't help straight white Christian men:

Abortion, teaching about racism, teaching about the Holocaust, LGBT rights.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2021 12:57 PM

Did I tell you that I LoVE Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2021 12:58 PM

R38 Yes we're trolls for not wanting to have anything to do with the trans homophobic agenda. Fuck off trans troll.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2021 12:59 PM

Meghan and Harry support LGBT rights

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2021 1:00 PM

I think it's more that they recognize the only thing they have to offer to their voters is endless culture war grievance. So they figure out what will anger their base the most and harp on that over and over and over and over. Currently, they're finding time to demonize the like 10 trans people competing in women's sports in Texas and doing probably not that much about the fact that the state's power grid totally collapsed in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote]And it isn't if.

R42 As long as it doesn't happen, it remains IF. The rest is speculation/demonization.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2021 1:00 PM

R66 clearly the “hit the Tranny” plan is in high gear. Not surprising. They have no ideas.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2021 1:01 PM

[quote]they're finding time to demonize the like 10 trans people competing in women's sports

R66 Men should not be participating in women's sports. That's not "demonization", that's R E A L I T Y.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2021 1:02 PM

Trump is said to be senile and shitting his drawers.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2021 1:02 PM

I’ll bet Boris never showers and has impossible bad breath. On top of his acne scarred face and generous waistline.

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2021 1:03 PM

R52 Now we see that your sense of humor is just as advanced as your sense of self.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2021 1:03 PM

R52 Now we see that your sense of humor is just as advanced as your sense of self.

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2021 1:03 PM

R56 I cannot change certain facts about me: I am a man with male chromosomes. So are you.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2021 1:05 PM

R59 Pretend not to hear, pretend not to understand. The cold cruel reality of the universe will always overrule that florid fantasy that you have in you head.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2021 1:10 PM

Gays were treated the exact same way using the same language.

We will not give any mind to the evil anti-trans trolls, who are Russian anyway.

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2021 1:12 PM

R69 - the R E A L I T Y is that the entire state of Texas was laid low by a storm this winter. People starved, froze, died. Would you agree that mass death is more important than a trans person winning a high school women's weightlifting competition?

Most rational people would say yes, and that this 'trans people in sports' thing is clickbait bullshit.

But you're either crazy, sad, or cynical.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2021 1:13 PM

R59 I did, cupcake. You just don't understand. Now is when you just spin off insults. Go.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2021 1:13 PM

R77 People who are not trans are crazy, sad and cynical?

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2021 1:16 PM

R77 The R E A L I T Y is that you're usiing hyperbole, attempting to find parity in two completely separate and unrelated issues. Other issues DO NOT have anything to do with the present issue; that Texas did the sensible thing in banning men from women's sports.

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2021 1:24 PM

You are XX or XY and no cosmetics or surgery can change that.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2021 1:25 PM

I support Trans people, however I'm having a difficult time with this one. I guess I would like to see some unbiased studies and stats done regarding the effect of hormones on trans athletes versus biological women. My bias leads me to believe that a biological male on hormones still has an advantage over a biological female.

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2021 1:26 PM

[quote] Would you agree that mass death is more important than a trans person winning a high school women's weightlifting competition?

This, in typical GOP fashion, is distraction from the fact they can't actually govern. They have made a decision to push social issues because they have no ideas about how to improve the economy.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2021 1:29 PM

[quote] Other issues DO NOT have anything to do with the present issue; that Texas did the sensible thing in banning men from women's sports.

Actually, this is not really an issue.

It's been magnified to make you forget that the GOP is sucking up all the money.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]This, in typical GOP fashion, is distraction from the fact they can't actually govern.

That, I can agree with.

However, democrats walk into the trap everytime.

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2021 1:33 PM

R83 Hardly a distraction. It's a precedence being set by sensible governance.

R84 "Not really an issue"? Rather amusing coming from a poster who has posted repeatedly about this "non-issue".

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2021 1:34 PM

All this support for left-wing gay conversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2021 1:35 PM

R86, No, it's not a real issue. Whenever the GOP puts LGBT at the the front of its agenda, it's to scapegoat and distract.

A law about trans-athletes? seriously? Maybe they should fix the fucking power grid.

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2021 1:37 PM

"Neither marginalized, abused nor vulnerable" - you don't say?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2021 1:39 PM

R88 It's not the real issue to YOU. Banning men from women's sports is far more important in the scheme of things. As Texas lawmakers have sensibly illustrated.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2021 1:44 PM

[quote] But F-to-M trans athletes can compete in MEN's sports.

r31. These lying losers have no intention and desire to do so. 1. Soccer player, FTM (and NB at the same time) Quinn - also damaged former lesbian - sth stay in women's team. Because she* can't stand the 'disgusting word women', she instead wants that name gone. 2. WNBA player, FTM (and NB too; forgot her* name) - also damaged former lesbian, now with a wife who birthed a child - stubbornly stay in women's team.

So much for "Trans Men Are 100% Men" as well as "TWAW"

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2021 1:44 PM

No, F2Ms don’t want to compete in men’s sports. Maybe the little experiment F2Ms like the kids might, but not in college or professionally. They know better. Unless they take an extreme amount of anabolic steroids which then calls into fairness.

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2021 1:48 PM

Sorry, r78, but there is nothing in your post that has anything to do with the post you responded to.

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote]And Republicans *hated women's sports till about 20 minutes ago, when they realized they could gin up their vicious, bigoted base by passing hate-legislation.

Not quite, R43. Trump’s temper tantrums when any American athlete (or public figure… or anyone) criticizes him, disagrees with him or says anything he doesn’t like is what made sports political. Your comment reveals how little you know or care about women’s sports and undermines the nationwide popularity of 1980s-early 2000s athletes like Mary Lou Retton, Michelle Kwan, Flo Jo, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Mia Hamm, Steffi Graff, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Monica Seles, Nancy Kerrigan, Tara Lipinski, Bonnie Blair, etc. Your false statement is something common among Republicans and right leaning media… as other in this thread have said, this is the one thing Democrats get wrong and the one thing Republicans get right; sports are separated by sex for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2021 2:17 PM

R37 etc., the biggest advocates for the removal of the rights of gay people are the trans cult. We can't even have gay spaces anymore because of them.

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2021 2:26 PM

[quote]It's so interesting the way that a bunch of mean-spririted old drunks who hate trans people (and women) suddenly become the Defenders of Women in Sports when it means shitting on trans people.

You're giving yourself away, r43. Even you acknowledge that the trans cult only care about having transwomen compete in women's sports. None of the trans cult is fighting for transmen to compete in men's sports - because biology matters and biological men will crush biological women (aka "transmen"). This is why transwomen (i.e. biological men) should not participate in women's sports.

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2021 2:29 PM

BRAVO!!!! Let the fuckibg insanity end already!!

by Anonymousreply 97October 15, 2021 2:29 PM

By the way r43, as a woman the only people I feel hate from are the crazed transcult, especially the AGP men who hate women so much they want to "become" women so they can erase those of us who are real women.

by Anonymousreply 98October 15, 2021 2:31 PM

Well I am actually with Texas on this one. A broke clock is right two times a day.

by Anonymousreply 99October 15, 2021 2:37 PM

R93 The pedagogue in me wants you to understand, but objective reality, which transpeople cannot afford to acknowledge, rears its ugly head.

by Anonymousreply 100October 15, 2021 3:52 PM

Not only does R54 shit out his colon cunt, he shits out his mouth too!

by Anonymousreply 101October 15, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote] It's not the real issue to YOU. Banning men from women's sports is far more important in the scheme of things. As Texas lawmakers have sensibly illustrated.

It's not an issue to 99% of Texans. But why not gin up the base so they believe you're doing something.

by Anonymousreply 102October 15, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote] Well I am actually with Texas on this one. A broke clock is right two times a day.

You're also fine if trans people get bludgeoned to death on Moscow streets...but you keep that to yourself

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote] BRAVO!!!! Let the fuckibg insanity end already!!

Who cares about the power grid!!! Who needs power when you can strip a minority of their rights?

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2021 4:26 PM

On the flip side, Elliot Page will never be a threat on the rugby field.

Sex matters.

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2021 4:34 PM

I may be freezing to death in my house but at least we made the lives of a trans teenager miserable!!

by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2021 4:34 PM

Dum-dum. Sports has always been political. Jackie Robinson was "political." Martina Navartilova was "political." Muhammed Ali was "political."

Sports has always been the realm of conservative men and they don't like it when lib things creep in. One of those lib things is women's sports, a thing that right-wing state legislators had to be *compelled by federal law to support.

Now, when the opportunity comes up to get donations based on fake outrage over this piddling, non-existent issue, suddenly they are The Defenders of Women's Sports.

Sort of like the women-hating old drunks on the DL, shitposting from their smoke-stench condos, sipping on their fourth creme de menthe.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] So, no idea what OP is hoping to accomplish.

Because this is a vital topic that needs to be discussed. Because it affects our lives.

We've got tons of threads about dicks and we still think they need to be discussed. In minute detail. You nagging about those?

Gay men need to start realizing they have balls and use them. They need to speak up. Cause we know they will be listened to more than any woman will be. They forced pedos out of the movement and kept them away. They recognized lunacy and danger then and were not afraid.

But go ahead, R21, and keep your head buried in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote]You're also fine if trans people get bludgeoned to death on Moscow streets...but you keep that to yourself

Nice attempt at deflecting, R103. I'm not the person you replied to but in case you didn't know, you're more likely to be killed for being gay than for being trans, not just in Russia but around the world. And on the topic of Russia, gay purges have been in the news for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote] But F-to-M trans athletes can compete in MEN's sports.

Yea LOL! That's like me at 5' tall competing in Fantasy Football. You should see how good I am.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2021 4:48 PM

R23 Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2021 4:57 PM

R37 Yes, not allowing men to compete against women in sports is just a step away from illegalizing same sex marriages.

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote] [R93] The pedagogue in me wants you to understand, but objective reality, which transpeople cannot afford to acknowledge, rears its ugly head.

Still not responding to the actual content. And the pedagogue in me wants you to understand you should have followed r93 with a comma and "the" should not have been capitalized.

[quote] Yes, not allowing men to compete against women in sports is just a step away from illegalizing same sex marriages.

It is. Keep jamming you head farther in the sand all you want. They are coming for you next.

by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2021 5:17 PM

R102 Who appointed you the spokesperson for 99% of Texans? Believe it or not, most people actually care about the safety and well-being of their mothers, wives, sisters and daughters.

Forcing female athletes to compete against male athletes is a very, very bad look for the transgender lobby. It’s becoming a hot button issue that makes trans activists look dismissive, even hostile, toward women and girls.

Reasonable people ALL across the political spectrum can agree that female athletes deserve a fair and level playing ground. Why don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote] Believe it or not, most people actually care about the safety and well-being of their mothers, wives, sisters and daughters.

How is the safety and well-being of anyone threatened by sports?

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2021 5:24 PM

R115 When male-bodied competitors steal what's not theirs.

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2021 5:42 PM

Sports may not matter to you, but they do to a lot of people. When records are increasingly being broken by male athletes who “identify” as women or a girl misses out on making the team because a boy took her place? People will start calling bullshit.

For you, R115, and for the one or two others in this thread who say women should just STFU because trans women in female sports is a non-issue? I urge you to take a look at this thread from Twitter and give it a little more thought:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2021 5:42 PM

I'm missing quite a few of these posts. So that one poster or several of them are blocked.

Somehow I missed the idiot at R115.

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote] When male-bodied competitors steal what's not theirs.

"When" is not a response to the question "how?"

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2021 5:44 PM

R119 By dressing in drag.

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2021 5:45 PM

Do you not understand how English works, r120?

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote]How is the safety and well-being of anyone threatened by sports?

Are you serious, R115? Even pee-wee football and high school wrestling are divided by weight class because kids could get hurt by kids who are bigger and stronger.

Below is a link to last months MMA fight between Alana McLaughlin & Celine Provost, here are some of the comments:

[quote]The natural woman is definitely more skilled. The trans just has the natural power of a man and that played a big part in that win.

[quote]The skill level was proof that the man obviously has an advantage. The female fighter was better in every aspect of this fight and that wasn’t enough to get a win. Biology is a hell of a thing.

[quote]Anyone who knows anything about MMA fighting will immediately realize what an obviously mediocre fighter this McLaughlin actually is. The female opponent, Celine Provost, was clearly the technically superior combatant, landing multiple on point punches, the deleterious effects of which were very clearly observable. However, it has to be said no matter how hard or how many damaging blows were landed, the obvious physiological advantages and differences of a 33 year old man's body are such that withstanding such an attack from a BIOLOGICAL WOMAN would not be too difficult to endure. Had McLaughlin's opponent been a man with similarly high skills, McLaughlin would not have seen the end of the first round. Any thoughtful, fair minded individual I'm sure will agree, such a grossly unfair match in supposedly professional ranks of fighters should cease forthwith and finally such fundamentally dangerous pairings will not end well for biologically female combatants. God help women's sport. Most sincerely James, West Yorks, United Kingdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2021 5:49 PM

Yeah, I'm serious, r122. And I was responding to this nonsense:

[quote] Believe it or not, most people actually care about the safety and well-being of their mothers, wives, sisters and daughters.

The poster was clearly not talking about MMA fights (which, by the way, the law we are talking about has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH) but about some existential threat transpersons pose to women in general.

So, you are doing the typical anti-trans thing: slip from one idea to another without there being any actual connection or defense.

by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2021 5:56 PM

R12 Your post reminded me of this video from a couple years back. Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson are completely STUNNED by how easily male gymnasts perform the most difficult skills from the women’s category.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 15, 2021 5:56 PM

R113 You can't be serious with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 125October 15, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] You can't be serious with this shit.

What would convince you?

by Anonymousreply 126October 15, 2021 5:58 PM

Do you not understand how chromosomes work, R121 ?

by Anonymousreply 127October 15, 2021 5:59 PM

Great news. Trans women have no business being in women's sports. They have an unfair advantage.

by Anonymousreply 128October 15, 2021 5:59 PM

R1 Oh, really? Hm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 15, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote] Do you not understand how chromosomes work, [R121] ?

I know you think that's a clever response, but I never said anything about biology. The response I referred to had no connection to what I posted, however, which is why I wondered if the poster understood English.

You can ignore-dar me and see that all I have posted is that those of you celebrating this decision must not realize this is the first step towards taking away all rights from anyone not white, straight, male, and Christian.

by Anonymousreply 130October 15, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]you are doing the typical anti-trans thing: slip from one idea to another without there being any actual connection or defense.

This is a thread about sports so I read your comment in that context, R123. I am not anti-trans. Speaking broadly, I believe we should all have equal rights, I do not believe any law should undermine the rights of others.

As I said at R84, sports are sex segregated for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 131October 15, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]some existential threat transpersons pose to women in general.

R123 Do you know what existential means? I’m talking about real word consequences for women and children.

The aim of trans activists seems to be to eliminate protections and accommodations for the most vulnerable among us. If trans activists hope to achieve any credibility at all? Self-ID has to go.

by Anonymousreply 132October 15, 2021 6:20 PM

r131, when those ppl say 'anti-trans', they mean people like you, however you think you're not, just by acknowledging the biological facts and realities.

They want 100% obeyance to their "males be allowed in all the female/womens' sex-segregated (for a reason) spaces, including sports" demands when they scream "no to 'anti-trans/anti-LGBTQ' trans athlete 'ban'!"

Nobody is banned. Yes everyone equally is forced to play by the rule, playing for the teams based on their sex.

by Anonymousreply 133October 15, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]I guess I would like to see some unbiased studies and stats done regarding the effect of hormones on trans athletes versus biological women. My bias leads me to believe that a biological male on hormones still has an advantage over a biological female.

Could we even unbiased studies in the current climate? But if you consider that not many transmen have really risen up the ranks in men's sports versus more transwomen have won titles and even proclaimed 'woman athlete of the year' (or some such shit, was it in New Zealand?) in women's sports -- it's clear the discrepancy would have something to do with the biological advantage in sports of being born XY.

If sports were a biology-agnostic area, we should be seeing a comparable incidence of transmen being successful in men's sports. But anecdotally we're not.

by Anonymousreply 134October 15, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] The aim of trans activists seems to be to eliminate protections and accommodations for the most vulnerable among us.

Based on the fact that they want to participate in high school sports? That isn't an enormous leap to you? The "real-world" consequences of high school sports are what exactly? Again, you just jump from one thing to another without any evidence or actual connection between the two.

Wanting to play high school sports is not evidence that transpersons want to ERASE women.

by Anonymousreply 135October 15, 2021 6:27 PM

[Quote] If sports were a biology-agnostic area,

Then TRAs should go for abolishing all the sex-segregated sports and throwing all XXs and XYs together in just one place? If 'no biological difference' exists?

No they never do (unisex). Just like they never want their own space (trans). What they want and promote is to infiltrate, invade, take from who they're not - women; this onesided zeal is evident that they don't do that for FTMs for men's teams.

by Anonymousreply 136October 15, 2021 6:34 PM

R123 You are dumber than dirt

by Anonymousreply 137October 15, 2021 6:36 PM

If trans women (biological makes) can compete with women why not just get rid of the division by sex altogether? What's the difference between trans women competing in women's sports and men competing in women's sports? They have exactly the same bodies

by Anonymousreply 138October 15, 2021 6:38 PM

[Quote] The "real-world" consequences of high school sports are what exactly?

Tell that to female hs athletes (often from underprivileged backgrounds) who got and continue to get robbed of their college scholarship chances as well as their whole life training achievements because some XY males came in as women and took what's not theirs.

by Anonymousreply 139October 15, 2021 6:40 PM

R130 Biology is a subject trans people tend to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 140October 15, 2021 6:40 PM

The first logical thing Texas has done in years.

by Anonymousreply 141October 15, 2021 6:41 PM

R130, the first step towards taking away all rights from anyone not white, straight, male, and Christian

The sky is only falling if you are trans, and the sky is ALWAYS falling when you are trans.

by Anonymousreply 142October 15, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote]The "real-world" consequences of high school sports are what exactly?

Scholarships, visibility, acclaim?

Male athletes who identify as female have already broken records at the high school and collegiate levels. My prediction is that this issue will eventually work its way through the courts and sexual dimorphism in human beings will be confirmed.

Why are you so hellbent on denying the differences between males and females? You’re on the wrong side of history, R135. Doesn't get much more binary than this.

by Anonymousreply 143October 15, 2021 6:46 PM

[quote] Why are you so hellbent on denying the differences between males and females?

Please cite where I did that.

It is so much easier to counter an argument you pretend I made than the one I am actually making.

by Anonymousreply 144October 15, 2021 6:49 PM

Is this designed to placate the women after taking away their abortion rights?

by Anonymousreply 145October 15, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote] The sky is only falling if you are trans

Right. Because Texas conservatives have not come after the rights of anyone else and never will. Oh, wait, they just took away a basic Constitutional right from all women.

But we should absolutely not learn any lessons from these things at all.

by Anonymousreply 146October 15, 2021 6:51 PM

"This, in typical GOP fashion, is distraction from the fact they can't actually govern. They have made a decision to push social issues because they have no ideas about how to improve the economy."

Why can't you understand that many of us completely agree with you about Republicans and their tactics and yet 1. do not believe that males, however they identify, belong in certain female-only spaces, and 2. believe that Democrats have taken a cowardly, anti-science, anti-reason stance on this issue, and are being irrationally stubborn about reversing course? I want Democrats to win. I want Republicans to be defeated. And that's precisely why all this is so disturbing to me.

Of COURSE Repugs are going to take advantage of this... duh! They'd be absolute idiots if they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 147October 15, 2021 6:57 PM

LOL, like trannies actually care about gay rights or abortion rights!

by Anonymousreply 148October 15, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote] LOL, like trannies actually care about gay rights or abortion rights!

Way to miss the point.

If YOU care about gay rights, you should also care about abortion rights and trans rights, because pitting those groups that do care about these things is the method by which conservatives take them ALL away.

by Anonymousreply 149October 15, 2021 7:04 PM

R146 What you want is fundamentally unfair to girls and young women. Your masquerading is demeaning and damaging to biological women.

by Anonymousreply 150October 15, 2021 7:05 PM

High school boys consistently outperform female Olympic athletes in track and field. Here's the data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 15, 2021 7:17 PM

R149 How do you find stilettos in your size?

by Anonymousreply 152October 15, 2021 7:28 PM

During the last few years we have spent a lot of time having a conversation and making changes to broaden the opportunities for equity and inclusion for women. As wrong as I might be, I can't help but think it's something of a slap in the face when we try to broaden the definition of what a female is. As I've said previously, I'm supportive of trans rights. Where I'm having problems, and I don't think I'm alone, is this desire to redefine simple biology. I don't care if someone, born male, feels that he's a woman. That's cool, be a woman. But you're not female. Males can't have babies. Females don't produce sperm. There are biological differences between males and females and some of those differences impact strength, speed, and basic conditioning. It just is.

Texas is backwards, racist, sexist, and homophobic, but I would have voted for this if it was a referendum.

by Anonymousreply 153October 15, 2021 7:47 PM

R137, Full blown 'tard.

by Anonymousreply 154October 15, 2021 7:49 PM

R153, Also, we get to buy guns and ammunition whenever we want. And eat steaks.

by Anonymousreply 155October 15, 2021 7:51 PM

I live in NYC where steaks are plentiful. Can't eat them if you have no lights or gas because the dumb fucking right-wingers in charge of the state don't know how to run a railroad.

I'm sorry about your dick, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 156October 15, 2021 8:03 PM

Boris engages in Fecal Pica

by Anonymousreply 157October 15, 2021 8:43 PM

Boris is a retarded incel and failed crossdresser. That is why he hates Trannies so much. He wants to be one, but is extremely ugly.

by Anonymousreply 158October 15, 2021 8:44 PM

R150 is Boris and his goal is to break up Democrat’s coalitions.

by Anonymousreply 159October 15, 2021 8:45 PM

R159 Men like you can be so bossy.

by Anonymousreply 160October 15, 2021 10:46 PM

Someone mentioned above who supports letting them play against other women. Well, it's other WOMEN. Other women who've already had career success and don't need to worry about competition. Imagine that.

"More than 150 athletes, including tennis legend Billie Jean King and World Cup soccer champion Megan Rapinoe, on Thursday joined together in putting their support behind allowing transgender female athletes to participate in sports teams.

The 155 female athletes joined the WNBA, the Women's Sports Foundation and the Athlete Ally LGBTQ nonprofit group in adding their names to a court brief filed by Lambda Legal on Thursday in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 16, 2021 5:16 AM

Why do we never hear about FTM athletes? Are they to be banned too?

by Anonymousreply 162October 16, 2021 5:34 AM

Because biological male athletes are not intimidated by a 5'5 trans male who weighs 150 lbs. And I guess to their credit, a trans male has just enough sense to realize that they are not going to prevail against a 6'4 280 lbs guy in football.

by Anonymousreply 163October 16, 2021 6:03 AM

R161, that's some pretty heavy virtue signaling on their part then. I just lost all respect for them.

by Anonymousreply 164October 16, 2021 7:34 AM

[quote]support behind allowing transgender female athletes to participate in sports teams.

What sports teams? Women's and girls' sports team? If that's what they support then they can go fuck themselves including Billie Jean.

by Anonymousreply 165October 16, 2021 7:45 AM

TL;DR. If there is a rational solution to this dilemma (and there is one! DAMMIT), then go that route…fucking idiots. Contrary to what one fukster contends that “they” will take away all gay advances, it is your idiocy of false equivalency that will destroy all of human kind. Go fake fuck your imaginary front hole.

by Anonymousreply 166October 16, 2021 9:09 AM

How long until Texas attacks marriage equality?

by Anonymousreply 167October 16, 2021 9:21 AM

R123, the two things are entirely connected: biological women and girls could get hurt when playing sports against biological men.

Which is why the TRAs never argue for the rights of transmen to compete in men's sports, because they know that as biological women, transmen will be crushed when playing against biological men.

by Anonymousreply 168October 16, 2021 9:25 AM

What does having sex-based sports - which is how sports are still played practically everywhere except in a very few circumstances - have to do with an attack on same-sex marriage , r167? The entirety of sports almost everywhere must be against same-sex marriage, according to you.

by Anonymousreply 169October 16, 2021 9:28 AM

From r161's link:

[quote]More than 150 athletes, including tennis legend Billie Jean King and World Cup soccer champion Megan Rapinoe, on Thursday joined together in putting their support behind allowing transgender female athletes to participate in sports teams.

So hypocritical. Why don't they also demand that transmen participate in men's sports? Because they know biological men have an advantage over biological women, yet they don't give a shit about biological women, their only interest is virtue signalling.

by Anonymousreply 170October 16, 2021 9:33 AM

This is just an example of the stupid polarisation of American politics: the Republicans are demanding x, so we're going to support the complete opposite of x, however stupid and damaging and detrimental our position is. But we're heroically fighting the Republicans so that makes all our stupid positions ok!

by Anonymousreply 171October 16, 2021 9:35 AM

Bingo, R171. That's identity politics for you.

by Anonymousreply 172October 16, 2021 9:38 AM

Indeed r172. I was just about to add that r171 is in reference to the stupid statement at r161 and r170.

The thing is, in reality what this is going to do is turn a lot of ordinary liberal-minded, pro-gay people against the trans ideology and push them towards the Republicans. Most Americans, regardless of their general political views, will side with the Texas Republicans on the issue of trans in sport and will, as a poster above said, lose all respect for Billie Jean King, etc. and all those supporting biological men in women's sports, which seems to be a lot Democrats.

It's when ordinary, decent, open-minded people start to feel that the Republicans are right on the trans issue and the Democrats wrong, that gay rights will be easier to unwind.

by Anonymousreply 173October 16, 2021 9:48 AM

Men have bigger body frames and lung capacity. Hormones won’t change this. You want women body slammed by biological men??

by Anonymousreply 174October 16, 2021 9:51 AM

It’s called false equivalency. Get it right, morons!

by Anonymousreply 175October 16, 2021 10:57 AM

This is the LGBTQIA+ now. This is what we are being represented as.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 16, 2021 11:04 AM

R154 I agree, you a full blown 'tard.

by Anonymousreply 177October 16, 2021 12:16 PM

Don't trans people and supporters always talk how gender and sex are two different things? Sports are divided sex, have always been. So why do they want to participate in a sport of the opposite sex from them. Are they now saying that sex and gender are the same thing, which is totally opposite of what they've been screaming for years now?

by Anonymousreply 178October 16, 2021 12:20 PM

They mean orientation you dildo

by Anonymousreply 179October 16, 2021 3:42 PM

Meghan Markle has been looking radiant since Lilibet’s birth.

by Anonymousreply 180October 16, 2021 3:43 PM

R167 It took about a month between Abortion and the Anti-Trans crap.

by Anonymousreply 181October 16, 2021 3:45 PM

Trans activists and allies insist that trans women are women. Some people assume they mean "trans women should be treated like women." No, they do not. They literally mean that trans women are exactly like actual women, therefore there's absolutely no basis to exclude them from women's sports teams, restrooms, shelters, etc.

It's absurd. Beyond absurd.

by Anonymousreply 182October 16, 2021 3:47 PM

R179 What the hell are you blabbering about, you idiot?

by Anonymousreply 183October 16, 2021 3:47 PM

Things (multiple humblebrags) that totally happened

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 16, 2021 5:12 PM

[quote]Don't trans people and supporters always talk how gender and sex are two different things? . . . Are they now saying that sex and gender are the same thing, which is totally opposite of what they've been screaming for years now?

Yes, You must have missed it. They left that little bait-and-switch lie in the dust a while ago. They resurrect it now and then if it helps get what they want.

They have been substituting Gender for Sex everywhere they can including legislation across the nation and in medical records.

They are liars. Period.

by Anonymousreply 185October 16, 2021 5:15 PM

I already explained it to you Moron Boris^^

by Anonymousreply 186October 16, 2021 6:10 PM

Boris is an incel virgin

by Anonymousreply 187October 16, 2021 6:15 PM

R187 is 12.

by Anonymousreply 188October 16, 2021 9:02 PM

R186 You haven't explained anything to anyone, you idiot. This has nothing to do with sexual orientation. We are talking about gender and sex.

by Anonymousreply 189October 16, 2021 10:05 PM

I have R187 blocked. So it's 12. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 190October 16, 2021 11:23 PM

Here is hoping it passes and more states do it. There is no such thing as transgender, only male and female. Only wimp males that can't win in male sports think they can win against women. So here they come with their swinging dicks and say they are female. I would say they need serious therapy but anymore the therapist is a lot of their problem. No such thing as transgender only male wnd female. Mentally ill yes.

by Anonymousreply 191October 16, 2021 11:46 PM

Texas does a bad one (abortion rights) and a good one (ensuring safety for women athletes) Anybody against this measure is mentally ill

by Anonymousreply 192October 16, 2021 11:50 PM

All the people in OP’s pic look gross and vomit inducing.

by Anonymousreply 193October 17, 2021 1:18 AM

Texas is a Right Wing Hell Hole.

by Anonymousreply 194October 17, 2021 2:14 AM

Trans people often use Gender/sex to explain the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity. Any lgbt person knows that.

Boris: you are so retarded it’s not funny. Yet you have the nerve to pontificate. Get an education.

by Anonymousreply 195October 17, 2021 2:19 AM

Good for Texas. Hope all of the other states follow.

by Anonymousreply 196October 17, 2021 3:12 AM

Megan Rapinoe and the U.S. women’s soccer team were beaten by a group of 15 year old boys who were in a regional elite soccer club in Dallas.

In the entire history of the WNBA under 10 women have successfully dunked in a game, something that many middle school boys can do during a game.

Even prepubescent kids athletics the differences are already strong. Watch a team of 11 year boys and 11 year old girls in soccer, basketball and baseball/softball.

by Anonymousreply 197October 17, 2021 3:46 AM

R197 That’s interesting, because Megan is very pro T in female sports.

by Anonymousreply 198October 17, 2021 7:31 AM

Good for rapinoe, bad for female sports. KEEP FEMALES SAFE IN SPORT

by Anonymousreply 199October 17, 2021 7:43 AM

r178 r185 Yes. Haven't you seen the latest sinister articles (around Olympics, to justify the male beasts Hubbard in women's sports) from the mainstream media (one was CNN, another sth similar) that talked about '[bold]XY Females[/bold]'? TRAs' classic endless goalpost moving. Once they normalise one lie as unquestionable truth (gender =/= sex), they can easily move on to the next.

That "Trans Women Are Women" too. It has always meant that A is 100% same as B. It has always gone hand in hand: "TWAW! + No exception!" Only countless 'Be kind' morons who have fanatically supported TWAW & helped giving power to mass attack TERFs (who clearly know what biologiy is, like Rowlling) are now claiming that they draw the line at sports (while some still supporting TWAW). Such twisted mental gymnastics. Drawing the line? Then trans women are not women. Trans women are trans women - Yes that 'transphobic' sentence that brings lynch mob.

by Anonymousreply 200October 17, 2021 8:30 AM

R195 You are seriously saying to people that they should educate themselves when you, an idiot, had no idea what the rest of are are talking about and is blabbering about somei completely irrelevant to the topic we are discussing? Also, there's no such thing as Boris. It's s term you and idiots like you give to people that don't agree with your delusions. Are Texas law makers all Boris too, you moron?

by Anonymousreply 201October 17, 2021 8:52 AM

Can we just lose/bar the T?

by Anonymousreply 202October 17, 2021 9:21 AM

Can’t we just lose Boris?

by Anonymousreply 203October 17, 2021 11:53 AM

R201 You always say there is “no such thing as Boris, blah, blah, blah” proving that you are indeed Boris. Jackass.

by Anonymousreply 204October 17, 2021 11:54 AM

I’d love to give Boris a knuckles sandwich. 👊🏻

by Anonymousreply 205October 17, 2021 12:01 PM

[quote] No such thing as transgender only male wnd female. Mentally ill yes.

There is no such thing as gay sexual orientation only straight men and straight women. People who think they are gay are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 206October 17, 2021 12:04 PM

R204 You are too stupid to insult.

by Anonymousreply 207October 17, 2021 12:06 PM

If trans women were automatically better than cis women, wouldn’t the they all be at the top of all such competitions?

They’re not. There’s a sprinkling of them here and there.

by Anonymousreply 208October 17, 2021 12:45 PM

R208 Maybe cause there's like ten of them in the whole world? And all of them are among the best ones in the sports they are playing. Someone posted the link about it in the comments already.

by Anonymousreply 209October 17, 2021 1:32 PM

R209, really, they’re ALL among the best in the sports? Really?

If there are only 10 in the whole world, why would one state have to ban them?

by Anonymousreply 210October 17, 2021 1:45 PM

2 genders, man and woman. If we’re told to follow the science when it comes to covid , let’s follow the science when it comes to chromosomes too.

If you’re a boy and want to wear a dress, go for it. If you’re a girl and want to use a wallet. Go for it. Some people like what society has deemed “for the opposite sex.” But it doesn’t mean you can switch your gender. Impossible!

by Anonymousreply 211October 17, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote] If we’re told to follow the science when it comes to covid , let’s follow the science when it comes to chromosomes too.

Let's follow the science further. Biology says there are two genders for procreation. Gay people defeat that purpose and so their deviant sex should be outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 212October 17, 2021 2:04 PM

R212, in the West gays have, after a long (50 year?) have won most civil rights. This was done by winning over public opinion and much acceptance and by use of various legal strategies (court rulings, referendum in some countries, etc.) It was not revolutionary, it was evolutionary and very bourgeois. What trans are doing is largely forgoing that path and using various means of silencing their opponents and pushing through a major change, namely in the almost universal perception of two genders based on sex characteristics. As this has entailed conflict with women's rights and at least perceived (and in some cases real, witness the Virginia school rape) threats to children, it is unraveling. People simply will not be forced to accept the more extreme versions.

Thing is, the trans agenda is more of a threat to gay rights now than conservatives because it may cause our acceptance to also unravel by our association with such a problematic agenda.

by Anonymousreply 213October 17, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote] the trans agenda is more of a threat to gay rights now than conservatives

If you actually believe this, you are delusional.

by Anonymousreply 214October 17, 2021 2:57 PM

No, you are delusional, R214. Obviously nothing will convince you otherwise. It's like arguing with a Q-anon believer.

by Anonymousreply 215October 17, 2021 3:04 PM

Right back atcha. If you think the Nazis in the conservative movement are going to give two shits about how accepted gay relationships are, you haven't been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 216October 17, 2021 3:07 PM

R210 "If there are only 10 in the whole world, why would one state have to ban them?" This is the dumbest thing one could ask.

by Anonymousreply 217October 17, 2021 3:12 PM

People like r212 are astonishingly stupid. You cannot change your gender. You can have sex with a person of the same gender.

by Anonymousreply 218October 17, 2021 3:22 PM

R216, right-winger aren't bothering those of us who are attracted to our own sex. The people who are really telling us that it is not right to say we are same-sex attracted are the transloons.

by Anonymousreply 219October 17, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote] You can have sex with a person of the same gender.

That wasn't the point. Gay sex is biologically non-procreative. Therefore, from a biological standpoint it is contrary to nature. You cannot change your gender AND you cannot change the purpose of gender.

[quote] right-winger aren't bothering those of us who are attracted to our own sex.

You aren't living in the real world then. Right-wingers very much are trying to "bother" us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 17, 2021 3:28 PM

There seems to be a lot of gay people who have issues with trans people being part of the LGBT. But it's probably too late for each group to go their separate ways.

by Anonymousreply 221October 17, 2021 3:37 PM

"That wasn't the point" - you have no point r222, and your link doesn't prove anything either beyond some vague claim. The biggest threat today to those of us attracted to our own sex is transgender ideology.

I'm a lesbian r221, if I don't want to be part of the same group as the T I don't have to be. Who the fuck says that the two groups - the same-sex attracted and those who deny the reality of biological sex - have to be welded together for ever? It's only in the past decade or so that the efforts were made to force us together, solely for the purpose of the T piggy-backing upon and exploiting the movement that lesbians, gay men and bisexual people had built. Already there are moves to create LGB organisations and spaces. Many lesbians checked out of the LGBTQ2SIA+++ a long time ago anyway.

by Anonymousreply 222October 17, 2021 3:44 PM

Basically one person on here is making 90% of the pro-trans posts, people. The person cannot be argued with.

by Anonymousreply 223October 17, 2021 3:46 PM

I did not know that about lesbians R222. I just assumed that most were agnostic about the trans thing. You've opened my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 224October 17, 2021 3:47 PM

I thought Republicans liked small government?

by Anonymousreply 225October 17, 2021 3:48 PM

R223 they just need to be blocked, they are ridiculous and spend 90% of their words name-calling or gaslighting with highly dubious claims.

by Anonymousreply 226October 17, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote] Biology says there are two genders for procreation. Gay people defeat that purpose and so their deviant sex should be outlawed.

There are numerous sexual acts among gay and straight people that don't lead to procreation. Nobody's getting pregnant from oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 227October 17, 2021 6:07 PM

"There are numerous sexual acts among gay (and straight) people that don't lead to procreation." Well, any sexual act among gay people doesn't lead to procreation

by Anonymousreply 228October 17, 2021 7:21 PM

I don't agree with bio males participating in female sports, but those cheering Texas on are idiots. After they finish with this, they will come after us fags. I guarantee it.

How many students does this effect in Texas, anyway? Three or four? Whipping up the base. More to come, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 229October 17, 2021 7:36 PM

It's both interesting and telling that (as far as I know) the only trans athletes who want to engage in competitive sports are M2F trans. I haven't heard of any F2M trans doing it. I guess there would be no physical advantage for the F2M trans where there clearly is for the M2F. Interesting how that works.

by Anonymousreply 230October 17, 2021 7:43 PM

Texas at last uses its head for more than a MAGA cap rest, proving the old "broken clock" adage.

by Anonymousreply 231October 17, 2021 7:54 PM

R32 —Schuyler Bailar, FTM, got into Harvard, on the men’s swim team and was mediocre at best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 17, 2021 7:59 PM

Trans can get fucked. All of us need to throw support to LGB organisations before the trans drag them down with us by association. The tide is turning very fast now, so there isn't much time for complacency. Trans are the more urgent threat.

by Anonymousreply 233October 17, 2021 8:01 PM

It's so interesting that the five or so angry trans-haters on this thread are entertaining themselves like this. Isn't there an ice cream store in the mall near you? Trader Joe's sells these lovely chocolate-covered pretzels.

by Anonymousreply 234October 17, 2021 8:30 PM

R234, can you explain why trans activists never campaign for transmen to compete in men's sports?

by Anonymousreply 235October 17, 2021 9:06 PM

Why is that my responsibility? Why can't you explain why this is an important issue?

by Anonymousreply 236October 17, 2021 9:16 PM

Advocating for reality and women and girls against those who seek to take away their rights is not anti trans. Unless your idea of pro trans is to give them every demand they make no matter who else it harms or how ludicrous it is.

is that your stance? Do you believe that trans women are the same as women? Do you believe that there are no differences between women and trans women?

by Anonymousreply 237October 17, 2021 9:51 PM

It amuses me that you care so much and I just don't.

by Anonymousreply 238October 17, 2021 10:00 PM

r230 r232 FTMs are also cheaters and doing it. In different ways because of their biological, physical incompetence compared to men. Schuyler got recruited by Harvard Women's Swimming. Once getting in, she became a man. Her mediocre level would have never been let in to Men's Swimming to begin with. Fraud.

Now she became a celebrated (among TRA loons) spokesperson for justification of trans athletes belonging to teams according to their chosen delusional gender. Canadian soccer star Quinn & WNBA's Layshia Clarendon have become vocal and celebrated "trans + nonbinary" members still refusing to get out of women's teams. Proudly showing off their mutilated chest pics at every opportunity. They and their rabid supporters like Megan Rapinoe and countless braindrotten and self-loathing female athletes, feminists & lesbians use them as justification to scream for "fight against anti-trans athlete bills".

by Anonymousreply 239October 18, 2021 3:56 AM

Just a reminder who are allies are NOT.

TransActivists Shut Down Speech, Disrupt Moment of Silence for LG Orlando Victims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 18, 2021 4:08 AM

Oops ^^^ "who Our allies are not"

by Anonymousreply 241October 18, 2021 6:19 AM

The NCAA us going to have to make policy on this eventually.

by Anonymousreply 242October 18, 2021 6:26 AM

In order to maintain ideological consistency where are cuts in place of this new law? I mean don’t conservatives like less regulation?

by Anonymousreply 243October 18, 2021 6:30 AM

[quote] All of us need to throw support to LGB organisations

Isn’t there like only one and that’s been deemed a hate group.

by Anonymousreply 244October 18, 2021 6:49 AM

Funny how r238 comes into this thread specifically to name-call like a toddler, and then tries to pretend like they *just don't care"!

Oh. You care. You wouldn't be here otherwise.

What you mean, though, is you just want to name-call, and anything else you will stick your fingers in your ears and pretend not to hear.

Waste of time to bother. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 245October 18, 2021 9:30 AM

TL:DR. There is XXY. These classified as “female” are not allowed to compete in Olympic events. Their appearance can be more muscular, but are still not allowed to compete in Women’s events.

There is no

by Anonymousreply 246October 18, 2021 9:54 AM

Intersex people are still one sex or the other plus they usually have some disorders requiring medical intervention. They are not a third sex.

by Anonymousreply 247October 18, 2021 10:07 AM

It's pretty clear that this seething hatred of trans people who compete in women's sports (how many of them are there, by the way? In the whole country? Maybe 20? 30?) comes, not from a place of wanting to help and support women, but from an irrational hatred of trans people. The reasons are many. But it seems all out of proportion. Maybe mediate on why.

by Anonymousreply 248October 18, 2021 10:14 AM

Men are not women r248 and never will be. Men should stop trying to steal women's things. The haters are the men who hate women and who seethe at women doing their own things that men can't control and own.

And when it comes to trans in sports, we're really only talking about bio men in women's sports. Transmen don't want to participate in men's sports for an obvious reason, and it's the same reason as to why transwomen should not participate in women's sports.

by Anonymousreply 249October 18, 2021 11:11 AM

Neither marginalised, abused, nor vulnerable... Actual facts really put the lie to the various myths pushed by trans activists and clueless performative signalers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 18, 2021 11:12 AM

[quote]It's pretty clear that this seething hatred of trans people who compete in women's sports (how many of them are there, by the way? In the whole country? Maybe 20? 30?) comes, not from a place of wanting to help and support women, but from an irrational hatred of trans people. The reasons are many. But it seems all out of proportion. Maybe mediate on why.

I don't have a problem with trans sports person Quinn winning an Olympic Gold medal in the women's football competition because Quinn is female and playing against other females.

I have a problem with trans sports person Laurel Hubbard competing in the women's weightlifting at the Olympics because Hubbard is male and competing against females.

If the Olympics want to be inclusive, how about two categories - 1. testosterone free females 2. males and testosterone using females.

by Anonymousreply 251October 18, 2021 11:15 AM

Deemed a hate group by what organization, R244?

by Anonymousreply 252October 18, 2021 12:05 PM

*cough* regarding the thread troll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 18, 2021 12:08 PM

R250, you can tell all these British politicians have been to Stonewall workshops and are just repeating the same mantras they were trained to repeat. If you ask them to give some sources for their claims then they start to choke or get really angry.

by Anonymousreply 254October 18, 2021 1:20 PM

Yes, we all know when one wants actual facts, one turns to Substack.

by Anonymousreply 255October 18, 2021 3:00 PM

If Quinn started testosterone, she would no longer be able to play for the women’s national team..

Schuyler Bailar mostly swam exhibition on the men’s team which means he didn’t swim in competition and his results didn’t factor in to the overall team score. When he did compete he either DNQ or finished last or near last in his heats.

by Anonymousreply 256October 18, 2021 3:38 PM

R255, that substack article gives actual facts, with links to original sites and sources, than the politicians who blindly repeat the 41% suicide attempts and the 1 in 4 actual suicides mantras they were instructed to say by Stonewall, with no actual facts to back any of that up.

What I would love to see for these politicians - and Stonewall - to give actual figures. For example, if 25% of trans people commit suicide - as David Lammy informs us, then what is that in actual numbers? Because we never see actual stats of trans suicides or even newspaper reports of individual suicides. If David Lammy can state that 1 in 4 trans people are killing themselves then surely he knows what that is in numerical terms which means he can also give us the figure for how many trans people there are in total in the UK.

Angela Rayer is spouting off about trans people tragically being killed, yet she cannot point to a single incident of a trans person being killed in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 257October 18, 2021 4:13 PM

The webpage for West Suffolk NHS Trust's Transgender Day of Remembrance, on 20 November 2021. No figures are given (there is no text at all), no commentary on trans people who have been killed in the UK. Instead, a link to the Wikipedia entry for Transgender Day of Remembrance, an official German government site and for Transgender Day of Remembrance and a link to the American trans lobby group GLAAD. Absolutely nothing from a UK site. From which I will extrapolate that there have been zero murders of trans people in the UK, so wtf is Angela Rayner going on about.

Why does the NHS even have to have a Transgender Day of Remembrance webpage or Transgender Day of Remembrance anything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 18, 2021 4:18 PM

Let's assume the Substack article isn't a big pile of tendentious horseshit. And let's assume that trans people are actually enormously powerful, swaggering down the street in gangs, scaring old ladies and beating up children.

What is your point? What are you suggesting? "They don't kill themselves nearly that much." "There are countries where no one's murdered a trans person this year!!"

Do you want a cookie? Do you want an Oscar? A gold star for having figured out The Big Trans Lie?

Puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 259October 18, 2021 4:19 PM

R257 I direct you to review r253.

by Anonymousreply 260October 18, 2021 4:22 PM

Lol r259, you obviously haven't bothered to read what you're arguing against.

The substack article is about the way in which suicide figures are manipulated and invented by politicians in the UK - guided by Stonewall - in order to argue for why we have to to use terms such as "people with cervixes" instead of just the word "women".

Any attempt to discuss trans policy - which now covers school toilets, women's healthcare, academic freedom, the very meaning of the English language and a whole host of other areas - with opposition politicians in the UK is met with a response along the lines of "trans people are the most vulnerable group in society, 41% of them contemplate suicide". It's on fucking repeat, you can never get past that.

This is horseshit they have been fed by Stonewall. Politicians have abdicated their job of devising policy to serve the needs of the British people to a shady lobby group that does not even represent the vast majority of the people (LGB) it claims to.

by Anonymousreply 261October 18, 2021 4:27 PM

The German website on Transgender Day of Remembrance is run by the Heinrich Böll Foundation, which is associated with the Green party and has received German government and EU funds. We can therefore trust that these are accurate figures. This is what the website says:

[quote]In the past 12 months, 350 trans and gender-diverse people were reported killed globally.

[quote]Of the reported killings worldwide, sex workers make up the majority of victims.

[quote]A total of 3664 trans and gender-diverse people were reported killed in 75 countries between January 2008 and September 2020.

[quote]Migrants make up a high number of reported murders in Europe. And, of the reported killings of trans and gender-diverse people whose profession was known, worldwide, 62 per cent were sex workers.

Yes, every single murder of anybody is a tragedy, but 350 murders in 12 months globally is a miniscule number. Moreover, the vast majority are sex workers and migrants. Which is terrible, but these are people who are already living precarious lives, and it's life on the edge of society that makes them vulnerable, not being trans.

Yet, we have politicians in the UK and other countries using these spurious figures for suicides and deaths and this unproven claim that trans people are the most vulnerable group in society to convince us that biological teenage boys with raging hormones should be allowed to use the girls' toilets in schools, that biological men who haven't even legally registered as women should be running women's rape crisis centres, and that the word "woman" should be erased in the provision of health services because the 0.002% of the UK women's population who are transmen still with a cervix might miss a smear test. Let's just ignore the tens of millions of women in the UK or US or Germany who might miss on a smear test because the invitation for them to attend a smear test was written in a fucking weird way they couldn't understand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 18, 2021 4:38 PM

Trans people actually have less chance of being killed than regular people. It's basically the opposite of what Stonewall and the other formerly GLB organizations claim.

by Anonymousreply 263October 18, 2021 4:41 PM

I would imagine their point is that, in the past, the deaths of these people were little noticed or regarded or mourned. That these people were treated as non-people because their trans-ness was evidence of their being beneath human empathy, and that these moves are an attempt to correct this.

You seem to think it's no big deal. Ok. Congrats! You win!!

by Anonymousreply 264October 18, 2021 4:42 PM

90% of them are white middle-class straight men with a fetish. They already are the most privileged in the world. The only privileges they don't have are a few that are for women and they want those too. They have cluster b personality disorders. They should be in mental institutions.

by Anonymousreply 265October 18, 2021 5:07 PM

Oooo! Dave Chapelle has entered the thread.

by Anonymousreply 266October 18, 2021 5:14 PM

No, that isn't the point r264. Every murder is tragic, but the killings of a very few hundred trans people around the world each year should not be the reason why women and girls should have to run the risk of assault every time they need to pee when they're out o the home.

by Anonymousreply 267October 18, 2021 5:15 PM

R266, just a little tip: you're not winning people over with that kind of stuff; the opposite, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 268October 18, 2021 5:16 PM

I would actually say that women and girls are mostly assaulted by their husbands, fathers, coaches, teachers and pastors. If you're really concerned about that (and you aren't), then maybe campaign to ban church youth groups.

by Anonymousreply 269October 18, 2021 5:20 PM

R268 - just a little tip - no one cares what you think. You think your assessment of what wins people over is important. But it's just the opposite. In fact.

by Anonymousreply 270October 18, 2021 5:22 PM

R270 - just a little tip - GO DILATE!!!

What’s the common denominator of those people you listed R269? Hmmmm let me think….

by Anonymousreply 271October 18, 2021 5:28 PM

They're not trans?

by Anonymousreply 272October 18, 2021 5:31 PM

On the contrary r270, more and more people are waking up to the transgender ideology scam.

by Anonymousreply 273October 18, 2021 5:32 PM

Moron at r269, we know that, we're women, we know what men are like. That's why we don't want strange men in places like the women's bathrooms or even in women's sports. The two things aren't mutually exclusive, they're mutually reinforcing.

by Anonymousreply 274October 18, 2021 5:34 PM

Who says those biological men can't also be trans, r272?

by Anonymousreply 275October 18, 2021 5:35 PM

R274 is a "woman."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Sure you are honey.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAA.

Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 276October 18, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote] 41% of them contemplate suicide

Please. If you survey a large group of everyday teenagers you'd probably find 75% or more of them saying the same thing.

This is a meaningless statistic in every sense. Not just the numbers but the question and answer.

How about this question? Did they do it or not? How come they never succeed? One reason: narcissists rarely kill themselves. They are more likely to kill others. I heard Dr. Park Dietz testify to that at the Betty Broderick trial. LOL! I never forgot it.

by Anonymousreply 277October 18, 2021 5:56 PM

Still waiting to hear what the preferred course is from the trans-haters on this thread, the ones who think trans people are powerful and aren't subject to violence and discrimination. Bathroom laws? Sports laws? Is that all? Are there other laws you want? Mandatory birth certificate checks? DNA testing?

by Anonymousreply 278October 18, 2021 6:16 PM

R277 see the link above in r250 to see why that statistic is false regardless.

You guys realize you are replying to the same single troll, right? He has spent 70% of his posts name-calling and the others just spewing lies and gaslighting. He isn't reachable, he is a liar, which is why I have him on block.

What's silly is every time he posts he bumps the thread so more and more people see the arguments and hopefully are reaching Peak Trans.

See r253 for more information on people like this, the willfully stupid.

by Anonymousreply 279October 18, 2021 7:04 PM

I love that the research R279 does is Substack articles and screenshots of quotes of something or other. You're a true Internet intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 280October 18, 2021 7:07 PM

Since you use dumb language like "trans-haters" r278, I doubt you're willing to listen.

The answer is simple: everyone, regardless of how they "identify", should be treated according to their biological sex, unless they have gone through a lengthy psychological evaluation and full physical transition. Those who have undergone full surgery can be accommodated according to the sex they would like to be in certain circumstances (e.g. bathrooms), but not in others (sports). Medication and surgery only after the age of 25.

by Anonymousreply 281October 18, 2021 7:22 PM

And who is the person or which is the institution who will determine how long a "lengthy psychological evaluation" is? Bathrooms and gyms all over the country will now have to check who has gone under the knife?

by Anonymousreply 282October 18, 2021 8:30 PM

We can simply go back to the kinds of psychological and medical evaluations that used to be done in the past, r282, before the huge pharma boom.

It's pretty obvious who's been transed and who hasn't. Those who have, however, can simply present an ID that shows they have fully transitioned.

by Anonymousreply 283October 18, 2021 11:17 PM

It's obvious? That's some standard. What about the ones who aren't obvious? You'd clearly hate for them to slip through the net.

And who will give out the "fully transitioned" ID? The state? The Feds? Texas and Alabama will have to set up a "Fully transitioned" licensing bureau?

by Anonymousreply 284October 19, 2021 12:48 AM

R284, if it's as complicated as you say, then those things that are organised according to biological sex should just stay that way. No penised people in women's spaces and anyone that is found should be reported.

No biological men in women's sports.

by Anonymousreply 285October 19, 2021 1:11 AM

R284 I see you gave up calling people "Boris" endlessly and have moved to pseudoscience and made-up statistics.

Gender dysphorics need therapy, not surgery. If trans activists weren't blocking all alternatives to surgery - and even trying to get them outlawed by calling them "conversion therapy" - there would likely be more advances in therapeutics.

And the number of new trans who are actually gender dysphorics is vanishingly small. Autogynephiles have taken over, and they're a lot of the reason for the push on getting gender treated the same as sex and invading women's spaces. They're competing in womens' sports and claiming that a body on opposite sex hormones is the same as a female body, which is not true. But they suppress or dismiss or try to discredit any studies suggesting otherwise.

Many trans have multiple mental issues, autism, depression, narcissistic disorder, among other problems. It's not just "gender dysphoria", it's the combination of various mental health problems. Yet instead of getting them actual help they "affirm" and immediately get them on track for hormones, chest binders, and if they're younger, puberty blockers.

Statistics are suppressed. The detransitioners aren't tracked and then they use that as a reason for claiming that gender surgery fixes the issues, when it does not seem to be the case. They got the Reddit detrans board shut down. They're getting criminals marked as their gender identity and not sex, which leaves you with a sudden odd rise in sex crimes committed in "women".

They've taken over all formerly gay support organizations and changed their focus to "trans". They've tied themselves to gay and lesbians so we can't get the equality act passed in the US because it focuses on gender instead of sex. Even the ACLU, which used to stand for free speech, is now filing amicus briefs against teachers for refusing to use newly transed students' new pronouns, which is compelled speech. Their mission has been so twisted it's now the reverse of what it used to be!

Luckily people are finally waking up and seeing past the "be nice". They're seeing past the death threats, cancellations, firings, and political manipulation behind the scenes. More and more people are reaching Peak Trans every day and the pushback is finally building steam.

by Anonymousreply 286October 19, 2021 1:45 AM

Everything you said, r286, was said about gay men and lesbians for decades. And will be said again if you have your way.

by Anonymousreply 287October 19, 2021 1:50 AM

Really, R287? Every single thing?

So sick of that toothless talking point. “They once called gays mentally ill, too!” Who cares. They were wrong about gays; we are not wrong about the trans.

by Anonymousreply 288October 19, 2021 1:58 AM

No, it was not, r287. Gays and trans are not the same, at all. We didn't ask to take over the opposite sex's sex-segregated spaces. Sexual attraction is not the same as a feeling of being born in the wrong body, if we are talking about gender dysphorics, and sexual attraction is not the same as a fetish, if we are talking about autogynephiles. No one is born in the wrong body and therapy CAN actually help gender dysphoria. Conversion therapy - the gay to straight kind - doesn't work on gays because it is innate to our core.

And thanks for reminding me that the trans are now saying that people are same gender attracted, not same sex attracted, and have even gotten this definition changed in significant places. They are erasing what it means to be gay. Men who are attracted to other men are called bigots for saying they like penis, not vagina. Lil Nas X even recently got called a bigot for saying he liked penis. Trans women are invading major women's dating apps and hitting on actual lesbian women, and if the women say they're "same sex attracted" they can get banned.

Do you ever log off, by the way? You've been camped on this thread all day. Do you have some mental issues you want to share with us? Besides stubbornness and the inability to distinguish truth from fiction.

by Anonymousreply 289October 19, 2021 2:02 AM

I'm tired of the normalization of mental health issues like the collection of problems that create "trans". They are not something to be celebrated. They need help and therapy and you're actually delaying and hurting these people by denying that and pushing for gender change surgery. Going on cross-sex hormones will eventually sterilize them as well, permanently, so this is not without notable harm.

by Anonymousreply 290October 19, 2021 2:04 AM

Here are some feminists who weighed in on the Texas sports issue.

CALL TO ACTION! SAVE GIRL'S SPORTS! STOP STRANGIO'S LIES Chase is at ti again - calling out her minions to destroy women's sports. We can counter it, though. We can call Dave Phelan in Texas. Tell him to support HB25 and save girls' sports for girls. Call 512-463-1000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 19, 2021 2:26 AM

The two situations are completely different, r287. A better historical comparison for transitioning would be lobotomies.

by Anonymousreply 292October 19, 2021 2:33 AM

Pretty much none of that was ever said about gay people, R287.

by Anonymousreply 293October 19, 2021 2:55 AM

R285 - reported? Reported to who? The gender police? You all haven't thought things through.

I think it's because you're paranoid and bigoted.

by Anonymousreply 294October 19, 2021 10:09 AM

Just the regular police, r294, as would be the case if a "cis" man (to use a phrase you might understand) entered a women's bathroom or tried to participate in women's sports.

We've had toilets, bathrooms, changing rooms, etc. organised according to single sex for centuries, in every part of the world. It's really not that hard. One's spurious "gender identity" is completely irrelevant here.

by Anonymousreply 295October 19, 2021 10:17 AM

First of all, we haven't had public bathrooms for "centuries." Like a typical American, you are uneducated about history, preferring cable news segments to make your blood boil.

Second of all, the "regular police" don't regulate women's sports. They wouldn't really show up if a man tried to enter a woman's bathroom.

But if it's sexual assault on women you get mad about (and I don't think you really care about it because I think your motivation is hate and not love), then here are some things you can work on, and they have nothing to do with trans people:

1. ban alcohol 2. ban any straight, "cis" male participation in girls' sports 3. ban any straight, "cis" male participation religious education 4. ban any straight, "cis" male participation' secular education

That should give you a long list of things to do.

by Anonymousreply 296October 19, 2021 10:38 AM

R229 How many people in Texas it effects? Thousands of women in sports. Even if it was just a couple, would it matter any less? By your logic, gay people make only 1-2% of the population, so how many people would be effected by banning the same sex marriage in Texas?

by Anonymousreply 297October 19, 2021 11:05 AM

I'm not American, moron at r296. Public latrines just for men existed in Roman times. There were public toilet facilities just for men throughout history - women have had to fight for a place to shit. The first sex-segregated public water closets were created nearly 3 centuries ago, which was probably the first time toilet facilities were provided for women. I also have a PhD in history.

You are also spouting general horseshit and can just fuck off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 19, 2021 11:34 AM

R296 Cis is not a thing

by Anonymousreply 299October 19, 2021 11:51 AM

Do you have a pleasant peanut clit R296?

by Anonymousreply 300October 19, 2021 2:03 PM

Well, well... Took her long enough, didn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301October 19, 2021 2:05 PM

Yes, Dr. Cunts-a-lot at R298 cites the very prestigious....FamilyTree.com...

by Anonymousreply 302October 19, 2021 2:19 PM

R296 actually the police do care, it's considered a sex crime.

And 99% of trans don't pass and the vast majority of those haven't had any surgery, so it's quite easy to tell if someone is a man or a woman, for the most part.

R302 it's funny how you can't even admit you were wrong about anything. Not one thing. Which you were, clearly, wrong. That's the sign of a stubborn autist who will spend yet another day camped on this thread gaslighting and obfuscating reality. What a sad creature you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303October 19, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote] actually the police do care, it's considered a sex crime

Have you looked at murder clearance rates lately? The police barely solve THEM. You think they're gonna get up off their asses for a trans person using a bathroom? (Please note, sexually assaulting someone is already a crime, no matter who does it. The mere act of using a bathroom isn't a sex crime)

[quote] 99% of trans don't pass and the vast majority of those haven't had any surgery

You've conducted a survey? Or are you just pulling stats out of your ass to appear like an authority?

by Anonymousreply 304October 19, 2021 3:21 PM

R304 I don't really care what you say, or your transparent attempts to defend your religion with more lies and obfuscation. Keep spinning your wheels, freak.

And yes exposing your half-erect male genitalia in front of women in a women-only space is a crime. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 305October 19, 2021 3:28 PM

R304 this thread needs your attention. They're making fun of a writer who is expressing his discomfort over cis males invading his private spaces! Please help them see how this is a legitimate concern and not something to be insulted!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 19, 2021 3:31 PM

I would actually say that R305 cares very deeply that his paranoid hatred of trans people is being challenged.

And, speaking of lies and obfuscation, how is "99% of trans don't pass" not a lie? Doesn't that OFFEND a truth-teller like you?

by Anonymousreply 307October 19, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote] Deemed a hate group by what organization

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 19, 2021 3:52 PM

Some dolts are still not getting why women don't want men - in any form - in their private spaces. And by private spaces I don't mean their vajayjay.

Women want and need privacy, dignity and to feel safe when they are in these spaces. They do not want to have to worry about which male is safe and which is not - and which will do something to hurt them or make them feel uncomfortable aka creep them out or subject them to some shit they don't need to see. Men don't usually care about these things. Most women do.

This should not even be a discussion.

by Anonymousreply 309October 19, 2021 4:19 PM

R308 so in other words, it's not a hate group.

They have been investigated and were allowed as a charity under UK law, and they don't allow hate groups.

What the people claiming it is a hate group mean is that LGB Alliance is excluding non-gay trans people because it is based around innate sexual attraction, not identity. LGB Alliance has trans members, but they are trans members who are actually same-sex attracted, and not straight people who identify as the opposite gender and call themselves gay or lesbian.

LGB Alliance does not support gender identity people of the opposite sex identifying themselves into legally defined and protected classes such as women, and they consider the elevation of gender identity over sex to be homophobic because the gender identity movement tells people if they aren't happy with their existing gender they can physically be the opposite gender, and are thus no longer gay or lesbian, but straight.

That is why there are so many formerly-gay organizations and propaganda outfits like Pink News, and Wikipedia editors, claiming LGB Alliance is a hate group. Because they disagree with the gender dogma. Due to the gender theorists' rule of "no debate", any pushback or concern about their methods is called transphobic or "anti-trans", and they refuse to discuss the issues raised by groups like LGB Alliance in good faith, preferring instead to bully, name-call, and try to cancel those who disagree.

by Anonymousreply 310October 19, 2021 6:32 PM

Judging by the comments on this thread, I'd say that the ones who have a 'no debate' rule are the crazy anti-trans loons.

R310's post is kind of terrifying in that he's under the delusion that Pink News and Wikipedia are ganging up on him.

Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 311October 19, 2021 8:35 PM

r301 she surprised me last year when she came out against Rowling - I figured she was just misinformed and hadn't looked into it too closely, but I guess we see the point where she finally realizes what's going on and speaks out.

by Anonymousreply 312October 19, 2021 9:15 PM

BTW I see the obsessed trans activist freak is still posting to this thread. FYI - I have you on ignore, as do a number of other posters, so all I see is the number of replies going up, and I know you're just spinning your wheels as usual, desperately trying to change the subject. Your responses are so predictable I'm not even curious about them - always the same tactics, on a rotation.

by Anonymousreply 313October 19, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] [R310]'s post is kind of terrifying in that he's under the delusion that Pink News and Wikipedia are ganging up on him.

You might actually be insane. Nowhere in R310’s post is there a indication that that person actually believes Pink News and Wikipedia are “ganging up” on any one individual. We can all read what R310 wrote, and we can all see your interpretation of it is lunacy meant to obfuscate and derail.

by Anonymousreply 314October 19, 2021 9:36 PM

R312, she still doesn't get it. She apparently believes that you have to make some sort of explicit "I HATE TRANS PEOPLE" statement to be called the T Word, and that talking about women's biological needs and issues is still a-okay. Boy, is she in for a surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315October 19, 2021 9:52 PM

I see. Let's see how long it takes her to issue her "clarifying"* statement.

* grovelling to the bullies

by Anonymousreply 316October 19, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]Judging by the comments on this thread, I'd say that the ones who have a 'no debate' rule are the crazy anti-trans loons

R311 AKA Ma'am speaks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317October 19, 2021 10:33 PM

R308, deemed usually means in law or by an objective third party. The Wiki article cites minor labor unions and a small number of politicians and activists.

Real gaslighting there.

by Anonymousreply 318October 20, 2021 12:01 AM

R313: "I'm not mad, you are!!! You're the one that's mad. Don't say that I'm mad! I'm not angry, you are!"

by Anonymousreply 319October 20, 2021 12:31 AM

R317 I think that's a very likely possibility for the identity of the insane trans activist freak who is camping this thread and spouting endless nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 320October 20, 2021 2:49 AM

R315 Why is she referring to herself in third person? Or is she talking about JK Rowling?

by Anonymousreply 321October 20, 2021 11:06 AM

R321 she didn't write the article she posted. It's the author of the article she is referring to as "not being a TERF".

by Anonymousreply 322October 20, 2021 11:24 AM

R322 I see. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 323October 20, 2021 11:25 AM

It's funny to me that the people who always accuse others of gaslighting have never seen "Gaslight."

by Anonymousreply 324October 20, 2021 12:30 PM

That thing that never happens happened again. I swear, if I see one more liberal/progressive handmaiden post on social media, "Straight, cis men don't need to dress as women to enter female bathrooms!!!" Right, but they sure WANT to, don't they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325October 20, 2021 2:50 PM

R31 There's a difference between may and can. F-to-M athletes MAY compete, but when it comes to results it turns out they cannot. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

by Anonymousreply 326October 20, 2021 2:58 PM

Taking pictures of women, R325, or of himself?

by Anonymousreply 327October 20, 2021 3:01 PM

Yea, we women folk are just taking pictures of ourselves in bathrooms. We can't believe how gorgeous we look in the bathroom lighting.

by Anonymousreply 328October 20, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote] liberal/progressive handmaiden post on social media, "Straight, cis men don't need to dress as women to enter female bathrooms

This is the latest new lie from the TRAs.

Challenge it. Every time. We need a pithy comeback.

by Anonymousreply 329October 20, 2021 3:17 PM

The only comeback should be a curt, "It's irrelevant. Women MUST be able to call security/law enforcement on any male in a female bathroom, regardless of presentation."

by Anonymousreply 330October 20, 2021 3:35 PM

It seems that the problem isn't trans people but straight, cis men.

And you'll notice he (correctly) had the book thrown at him. So what else do you want?

by Anonymousreply 331October 20, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote] It seems that the problem isn't trans people but straight, cis men.

No. These assaults are also being done by trans women, You really have buried your head in the sand on this issue haven't you.

There are incidents all over the internet.

But once again the TRAs peddle their lies - if they assault women they they can not possibly be TRUE trans.

In reality, the only people not true trans are the autogynephiles, who make up the vast majority of today's transwomen.

by Anonymousreply 332October 20, 2021 7:03 PM

The thing that's nuts is that pushing self id is what opened the floodgates for them. If the trans activists hadn't done that they would not likely have triggered this growing backlash against the ridiculous ideology. There's just so many things wrong with it.

You look on reddit and see newly transed individuals talking about how they get hardons when they put on makeup, or hardons when they use female restrooms. They call it "gender euphoria". It is a sexual fetish in those cases, which is the majority of them now.

by Anonymousreply 333October 20, 2021 7:16 PM

R333, the whole point of them claiming to be trans is so they can enter female restrooms.

by Anonymousreply 334October 20, 2021 10:58 PM

There's a difference between "an issue" and "things that irritate a pissy drunk shut-in."

And how do you know that's the only reason they "claim" to be trans? Have you ever spoken to a trans person? Do you know any? Are you friends with any?

Or are you just a crazy troll given to making sweeping generalizations based on your own hatreds and whatever bit of clickbait schlock you pick up?

by Anonymousreply 335October 21, 2021 2:22 PM

“You make a good hate on Trannny Gay!!!! Boris son of Stalin amd say KILL all Tranny. Putin give Boris new wife Sonja. No more make love to Nadja the Bear who have thick mustache. Make a big hate on Tranny Gay. Tranny danger to woman and Bear, maybe to goat. Make a bit hate Gay!!!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 22, 2021 5:32 PM

R326 you would be so much happier over at Stormfront where you would be with your peers in hate. I’m not sure how the gay thing will go down (you may get stomped: maybe not), but the Nazis, Skinheads, Proud Boys, etc., would be much more people who you share views with. Why not give it a try, rather than boring the rest of us with your endless whining, and crying about the Trannys?

Go for it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337October 22, 2021 6:22 PM

R337, sorry to say it but you and R335 are the odd ones out here. The majority of DL does not share your permissive view of current trans ideology. Most normal people don’t.

by Anonymousreply 338October 22, 2021 6:26 PM

Babe, you're confusing your multiple personalities with a majority. Meds help.

by Anonymousreply 339October 22, 2021 8:54 PM

[quote] The thing that's nuts is that pushing self id is what opened the floodgates for them. If the trans activists hadn't done that they would not likely have triggered this growing backlash against the ridiculous ideology.

The majority of the population has never heard of self ID. They just see trannies period, and think gays are trannies too.

by Anonymousreply 340October 22, 2021 9:06 PM

Sadly gays are being blamed for this shit by breeders. They don’t see the difference between gays and trans. I know that some trans identify as gay, but breeders think they’re automatically the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 341October 22, 2021 9:07 PM

Sadly gays are being blamed for this shit by breeders. They don’t see the difference between gays and trans. I know that some trans identify as gay, but breeders think they’re automatically the same thing. So any backlash against trans gets turned on gays. Thanks GLAAD!

by Anonymousreply 342October 22, 2021 9:08 PM

Block me, R339, and see how many disagreeable posts in this thread still remain. I only have one account here.

by Anonymousreply 343October 22, 2021 9:13 PM

The voices in your head want you to think that.

by Anonymousreply 344October 22, 2021 9:36 PM

Stormfront would be perfect for you Boris. I’m sure that it would be fun for you among like minded souls.

by Anonymousreply 345October 23, 2021 12:25 AM

R345 is really of the everyone who disagrees with me is Hitler school of thought.

by Anonymousreply 346October 23, 2021 12:35 PM

Just because you don't have the mustache, dear R346, doesn't mean you're not a fascist.

by Anonymousreply 347October 23, 2021 2:24 PM

Science is literal violence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348October 23, 2021 4:56 PM

Male fetuses are allowed to have a sex, but grown women are not. Progress!

by Anonymousreply 349October 23, 2021 5:11 PM

Who is doing this "allowing" of which you speak? Is there a committee of the AMA? Is this finally the Death Panel Sarah Palin talked about?

by Anonymousreply 350October 23, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote] Male placentas produce more proinflammatory molecules than female placentas, while pregnant people [AKA WOMEN] carrying male fetuses produce fewer antibodies in response to infection.

MEN! What a mess they are.

And a danger to our health and so it would seem to their own health.

And this is a DUH!! We have known for ages that male immune systems are weaker than female immune systems. Because they are XY and not XX. Most of the immune genes and the immune regulating genes are on the X chromosome. But good to have another confirmatory aspect to this.

Sorry, Fellas.

by Anonymousreply 351October 23, 2021 6:20 PM

"Who is doing this 'allowing' of which you speak?"

Well, let's see: The Scientist, the ACLU, the Lancet, NPR, La Leche League, NOW... I could start googling and go on all day, but that's just off the top of my head.

"Is there a committee of the AMA? Is this finally the Death Panel Sarah Palin talked about?"

Nice try, but I've voted Blue my entire adult life, as have many others who are very disturbed about the semantic-- and even more so, the legal-- erasure of the sex classes. You'd think that's something that would give Democrats pause, but so far... nope.

by Anonymousreply 352October 23, 2021 6:59 PM

Talking of Sarah Palin, remember when the only thing that Palin and Joe Biden agreed on was that same-sex marriage should be rejected?

by Anonymousreply 353October 23, 2021 9:05 PM

R352 doesn't mention an organization with any force of law. They're publications with internal terminology standards. This isn't "allowing" or "disallowing." It is a publication who can decide how they want to say things. And you can decide to read/consume them or not.

Jesus the drama of you all.

by Anonymousreply 354October 23, 2021 11:34 PM

R354 but they have the legal right to barge into women's spaces. Your argument is bullshit

by Anonymousreply 355October 24, 2021 9:24 PM

Do they? Where? When?

I'm old enough to remember when Gays in the Military was boiled down to a bathroom issue. "We can't let gays shower with straights! There'll be rape! Oogling! Discomfort!" Senator Sam Nunn took a camera crew onto a battleship and showed them where sailors slept and loudly asked how homosexuals were to be trusted in a situation like that.

One of the depressing things about being old is that you recognize the same bullshit arguments that keep coming back and keep coming back and keep coming back.

by Anonymousreply 356October 25, 2021 2:32 PM

Your argument completely ignores the physical strength differential between males and females, R356. It exists, you know. It really does. And all sane people understand that policy must be made with this differential in mind.

"An estimated 91% of victims of rape & sexual assault are female and 9% male. Nearly 99% of perpetrators are male." And while "Approximately 80-85% of completed rapes are committed by someone who is known to the victim/survivor," we scroll down to see, "Lifetime risk for violent victimization including sexual assault for women who live with homelessness and mental illness is 97%"-- in other words, the people most likely to use/reside in homeless and domestic violence shelters, rape services, halfway houses, prisons, etc.

It is the most vulnerable in our society who will pay for your neo-liberal virtue signaling. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 357October 25, 2021 3:07 PM

Forgot the link 'cause I'm pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358October 25, 2021 3:08 PM

I just don't understand how this law is going to be enforced, still. The DL assured me upthread that "99%" of all trans people are "obvious"(?) so that will help?

There are already laws against harassing and assaulting people, in bathrooms and outside them. Singling out a vanishingly small group of special perpetrators has been a tactic used against people for a long, long time. And it just seems foolish to help them and egg them on.

by Anonymousreply 359October 25, 2021 4:35 PM

R359, but why make it easier at all to commit serious crimes? And why have male athletes compete against women?

by Anonymousreply 360October 25, 2021 4:50 PM

R359 Oh, I don't know about that.

Remember, most of the trans athletes are men who failed competing against men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361October 25, 2021 5:01 PM

Using a bathroom while trans is a serious crime? Really?

Assaulting or raping a person *is one and wearing a wig and dress makes it easier? Why wouldn't this person just barge in?

It makes no sense. It's just paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 362October 25, 2021 7:26 PM

R362, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 363October 25, 2021 8:02 PM

This is the level of discourse here by the anti-trans troll. Poor things.

by Anonymousreply 364October 25, 2021 9:43 PM

R364 you are a delicate hothouse flower. Check out what the fetishistic straight male cross dressers say about women. They also beat on elderly lesbians.

They are the most violent members of our rainbow umbrella

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 25, 2021 9:56 PM

I am? Gosh. Next time I won't point out dumb name-calling. That's what real men do!

by Anonymousreply 366October 25, 2021 11:28 PM

R337 So thinking that trans women (people with male bodies) and men that just call themselves women shouldn't compete in sports with actual women (you know, people with female bodies) = being a fascist and neo-nazi? Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 367October 26, 2021 9:45 AM

I think salivating over the idea of being violent to them is fascist-adjacent. And we've seen a lot of that on this thread.

I still don't get the impetus here. Why does anyone care so much? This is a teeny little issue, blown up by right-wing media since they have nothing real to offer the world.

by Anonymousreply 368October 26, 2021 1:11 PM

R365 you are a real Loon.

by Anonymousreply 369October 26, 2021 11:30 PM

Yes, R368, the rights and protections of women and girls is just a teeny little issue.

Like your dick.

by Anonymousreply 370October 26, 2021 11:36 PM

Aww that hurt so bad. But not as bad as when your dad threw your mom out of his truck after he knocked her up with you.

by Anonymousreply 371October 26, 2021 11:37 PM

Well, so's your momma, R371.

by Anonymousreply 372October 26, 2021 11:46 PM

Don't ever take away my right to break women's bones. It is my human right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 27, 2021 6:02 AM

R73, SHE didn't do anything. HE did.

by Anonymousreply 374October 27, 2021 6:22 AM

I can’t wait to see REAL XX women (for one time only), beat the living shit and life of one of these FTMs when he/she goes too far. You don’t know brutality until you stumble upon a momma bear protecting her cubs.

by Anonymousreply 375October 28, 2021 1:38 PM

It's interesting how the assumption here is that trans people are either 1. don't realize they're trans and just running around, eager to be offended and yell at a person and make them feel bad because they're Secretly Powerful or 2. really straight guys running a scam to get laid or get, like, a trophy in women's gymnastics?

This is insane and kind of gives away the fact that you don't actually know any trans people.

by Anonymousreply 376October 28, 2021 2:36 PM

Most people claiming to be trans nowadays are not trans due to dysmorphia (now labeled dysphoria). They are trans in name only. True trans, if you will, are rarely in your face. They want to fit in as the sex they desire to be and anyone who truly wants to identify as a woman rarely so loudly and boldly clings to clearly typically male behavior. AGPS, on the other hand. have no problem retaining every aspect of their malehood.

by Anonymousreply 377October 28, 2021 5:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!