Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George Takei & William Shatner seem to truly loathe one another…

And it looks like they will go to the grave hating one another. Why? Why won’t their feud end? They don’t have much longer left before death inevitably happens, so why not make peace and amends?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 18, 2021 8:42 PM

Two old queens, still going at it in their 90's.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 1:04 AM

I’m Team Shatner.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 1:04 AM

They should be on a reality show together. It would be comedy gold, seeing these two old bats get into it every episode over some petty shit.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 1:07 AM

Takei is a transcult loon.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 1:11 AM

Shatner is an arrogant asshole who looks down on his co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 1:14 AM

r1 accurately describes 90% of DL threads

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 1:16 AM

I hate Bezos and wish he was not involved, but I think it's great that a 90-year-old man is still living life to the full, and being a great example of what aging can be today. George just looks petty with this take.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 1:17 AM

God only knows what Takei actually said. The "feud" is legendary, so I'm sure the quotes were all taken very much out of context to sound as catty as possible. Shatner was only chosen for publicity value, and milking the feud is just continuing with the free advertising.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 1:21 AM

George didn’t seem to go way overboard but a nice friendly “no comment” would’ve sufficed, too.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 1:25 AM

Of the two, only one is possibly a murderer…

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2021 1:29 AM

Maybe their hatred is keeping them alive.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2021 1:32 AM

George seems unbalanced

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 1:40 AM

Leonard Nimoy also had a hard time with Shatner.

Shatner's wife being found dead at the bottom of the pool was fishy (no pun intended). However, I'm guessing that any woman willing to spend lots of face time with Shatner would be drinking quite a bit. She may have, indeed, done herself in.

Takei seems difficult, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2021 1:46 AM

You don’t know what difficult [italic]is,[/italic] little homosexual boy!

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2021 1:54 AM

R1, not only did you fuck up the R1 responsibility, you managed to make it homophobic. Since Shatner famously isn't gay, you doubled the snark.

So it's not surprising that you also said that Takei, who is 84, is in his 90s. It may mean nothing to a homophobic gay ageist, but I'm sure that six years means a generation to George.

You get the Fat Cunt Award for October 14, 2021, and are in the running for Cunt of the Month.

Congratulations, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2021 2:01 AM

How do people call it a feud when it’s just Takei obsessively expressing his hatred of Shatner over and over? Shatner couldn’t care less about a nutjob like Takei. That’s not a feud.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2021 2:06 AM

Both Takei and Shatner seem like awful people.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2021 2:09 AM

George excused his other silliness here by saying about Shatner, "He’s boldly going where other people have gone before."

As for his being "psychotic," he's seeing himself in the public eye by continuing the Shatner comments, which in this case were the result of a direct question.

Takei's also not going to dismiss and "get over" Shatner's obvious "I'm the Big Man here and who and what are you exactly?" attitude then and now. Watching Shatner's actual personality and history glossed over is irritating to him, apparently.

But, back at the most-relevant point, we're talking about it here, the PR move still is working, and at least Shatner knows George has snagged onto his coattails again.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2021 2:11 AM

William Shatner gets $100 an autograph and another $100 for a photo at Comic Cons. George Takei does not.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2021 2:15 AM

Takei just rotates badmouthing Shatner, being gay, and milking being in an internment camp in attempts to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote]They should be on a reality show together.

Or remake Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2021 2:23 AM

No one from Star Trek liked Shatner. Takei got along with everyone, and he was also very fun and likeable on Howard Stern's show.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2021 2:24 AM

They’re both jealous they weren’t in Battlestar Galactica.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2021 2:25 AM

He was a sick and degenerate pervert on Howard Stern’s show, R22!

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2021 2:26 AM

R22, Takei is a jealous, impossible queen who needs to humble himself.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2021 2:26 AM

Shatner had the nerve to say that I was a bad driver.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2021 2:28 AM

R19, those autograph shows are SO pathetic.

People PAYING for a scribble on their photo and then thinking it's worth something? Shatner's autograph is worthless...mainly because he's signed anything thrown at him for the last 50+ years.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2021 2:30 AM

R19, They’re both 100 and wealthy. I doubt Takei cares what shatter makes at this point. He’s holding a grudge because Shatner treated his co stars like shit on Star Trek.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2021 2:31 AM

Shitner is a right wing piece of garbage, like all of his supporters. Team Takei!

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2021 2:33 AM

Takei resents The Allied Forces in WW2. . He hates Harry Truman .

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2021 2:35 AM

Takei's tweets on politics are usually a hoot. Shatner is just a pompous dullard.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2021 2:36 AM

At least Shatner was good looking, Takei has always been ugly and effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2021 2:36 AM

William Shatner is a bonafide astronaut at age 90! And he looks good for 90, he looks like he's 70. He still has his wits, seems to get around good, looks very healthy and vibrant. I bet he lives to be 100+. :-)

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2021 2:39 AM

Takei is a woke dope

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2021 2:51 AM

I’ve been to Star Trek conventions. Trekkies love Shatner, warts and all.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2021 3:28 AM

I thought they hated "Trekkies" and wanted to be called "Trekkers."

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2021 3:35 AM

Takei seems irritating, Shatner seems like a genuinely terrible person who has driven everyone out of his life with his behavior.

Shatner's fans are idiots. "He's a real astronaut! He'll live forever! Smiley face!" Come the fuck on.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2021 3:39 AM

The joke's on Shatner because unbeknownst to him, Takei's at the controls of the ship again.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2021 3:42 AM

R15, Hi Brad!

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2021 3:49 AM

William Shatner is Diana.

George Takei is Mary.

James Doohan is Flo.

Walter Koenig is Cindy.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2021 3:49 AM

Takei doesn't even write his own tweets, which is the only thing that put him back on the map for a few minutes years ago.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2021 3:58 AM

I did a film with Shatner. He was a lot more friendly than I expected him to be for sure.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2021 3:58 AM

Takei was in a video pulling on some guy's dick. He's in no position to diss anyone.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2021 4:52 AM

Takei's career was never as varied as Shatner's anyway. Shatner was doing other acting gigs long before Star Trek, like the TV theater shows from the '50s, plus Hitchcock Hour/Twilight Zone episodes---and he wasn't half bad.

Takei's only known for 2 things: playing Sulu and saying coyly, "Oh My!"

What would poor George do without his I Hate Bill feud?

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2021 5:24 AM

R44 ummm ever stop to think that Takei’s being Asian played a huge role in him not being cast in many roles, especially in the past?

He is rightfully “woke”, as you love to proclaim. He’s an Asian man who dealt with the racist politics of Hollywood since the 60s. Unlike you, who pretends to have all these jobs that you never did, he knows what things are really like.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2021 5:39 AM

R45, Takei is insufferable

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2021 5:43 AM

My friend met Shatner at a company convention in Vegas and thought Shatner was and acted like a grade A asshole.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 5:45 AM

William Shatner may be a big old ham of an actor, but still, George T is in the wrong here.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 5:55 AM

There have been terrible stories about Shatner dating back to the 60s. Still to this day there are stories of him being an asshole. There is also always a common denominator whenever issues arise on a set where Shatner is present, Shatner.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2021 5:56 AM

They make Rose and Alyssa look like besties.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2021 6:04 AM

Space junk returned to earth. I prefer the Muppets. "Pigs In Space".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2021 6:06 AM

R33, that's because he's fat. If he lost the 40lbs he should -- and take off that full toupee -- he'd look 110, easily.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2021 6:09 AM

[quote]those autograph shows are SO pathetic. People PAYING for a scribble on their photo and then thinking it's worth something? Shatner's autograph is worthless...mainly because he's signed anything thrown at him for the last 50+ years.

Just like sports fans like to meet their favorite athletes, entertainment fans get to meet their favorite stars. It isn't about the autograph, that's just a souvenir of the moment. They are just people too.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2021 8:52 AM

I stopped caring about their "feud" 30 or 40 years ago. Was I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2021 9:09 AM

[quote] I hate Bezos

And he mostly ignored Shatner after landing, who was trying to express how much it meant for him to go into space. It was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2021 9:22 AM

That's Bezos, who should have been cancelled years ago. What did you or Shatner expect?

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2021 9:26 AM

Bezos and Shatner are both meatheads, and this latest gig in the high flying club was an expensive exercise in publicity and egocentrism.

Idiots.

As someone recently said, if all the $$$$$$$$$$ and energy spent towards these overhyped joyrides were applied to some of the problems we face “down-to-earth” here instead, our world and global populace would be far better for it.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2021 9:36 AM

That was Prince William who said that yesterday, r57, in a public interview that raised some eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2021 9:40 AM

Takei is Progressive. Shatner is conservative. That’s why.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2021 9:46 AM

They don't need to for the same reason OP's mother was a whore who took a billion gross cocks.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2021 9:47 AM

r59, they are both idiots who just need to shut up in public about any differences. So old, so tired.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2021 10:01 AM

I think a lot of it comes down to bitterness and jealousy on Takei’s part. Yeah, Shatner was probably an egomaniac and jerk but he was the star of the show. Takei was essentially a glorified extra. It’s interesting that both in the series and movies, Takei was always upstaged by Walter Koenig, who was always given much more material. I can only assume they didn’t have much confidence in Takei’s acting.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2021 11:22 AM

Or their characters are different and they didn’t give Takei material that would be out of character

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote]How do people call it a feud when it’s just Takei obsessively expressing his hatred of Shatner over and over? Shatner couldn’t care less about a nutjob like Takei. That’s not a feud.

Exactly, Shatner's assholery is no secret but both parties need to be involved for it to be a feud. Takei's pettiness is obsessive and makes him seem jealous and resentful of Shatner's continued popularity and success.

[quote]Takei is a transcult loon.

The interesting thing about this is his sole focus on transwomen, I don't think I've ever read anything where he says 'trans men are men,' probably because he knows they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2021 12:57 PM

I mean shitner is a huge deplorable turd.....

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2021 1:05 PM

Oh, the shade of it all!

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2021 1:19 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the actors from Star Trek, Star Wars, etc., participating in fan get-togethers (e.g., Comic Con) and charging for autographs. Apparently the stars can charge $25 to $100. The fans can interact with the star, take photos, hopefully (to authenticate the autograph). Maybe end up selling the autograph. Who knows.

Mark Hamill charges $295.00, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2021 5:17 PM

I absolutely love Takei (he was the best thing on Howard Stern when I used to listen) and I believe Shatner's reputation is in fact atrocious; he just seems like a jerk. However, this rivalry is more from Takei's side and Shatner doesn't care. Takei tries to keep the rivalry relevant and I don't doubt he's very jealous that Shatner got the opportunity that he did.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2021 5:25 PM

Shatner was and still is solid muscle.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Who in the fuck holds a grudge over how a co-worker (for 3 years) treated them at a job OVER 50 YEARS AGO!?!

Someone with some other deep-seated issues, that's who!

I have an inkling that Takei crushed on Shatner but could never get that cock when it was in its prime. So now he gives him the verbal side-eye every chance he gets.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote] There have been terrible stories about Shatner dating back to the 60s. Still to this day there are stories of him being an asshole.

Care to share one of those stories, R49?

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2021 5:34 PM

Howard Stern was very disrespectful to Shatner on the old E! show. Accused him to his face of wearing a wig. Shatner denied or was silent about whether he was wearing a wig. Stern then demanded that Shatner undergo a "rug-tug challenge" to determine whether or not Shatner was wearing a wig. Stern, allegedly, now wears a wig as well.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2021 5:40 PM

Shatner only went to space to find some alien woman with green skin to fall in love with for his final stardate.

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2021 6:42 PM

R69 if William Shatner had a strenuous bowel movement he would be bedridden for at least a day.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2021 10:37 PM

Shatner may not care now, but I am almost certain that this round of the feud started when he complained loudly that Takei didn't invite him to his wedding, when he was in fact invited and then just didn't show up. That was in 2008, and Shatner kept up the complaining after he got to Twitter which was a few years later, and was making homophobic snide remarks about Takei during that time.

It's not accurate to say Shatner was never involved in this feud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2021 10:42 PM

Shatner wrote about the feud in a book several years after the wedding snub that didn't really happen.

Again, Shatner was the one stoking this feud for a long time. These homophobic "Takei just wanted his cock, he's mentally ill and won't get over a grudge from decades ago" posts are entirely made up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2021 10:45 PM

2015 and Shatner was still engaging in the feud.

You little shits just made it all up when you said the feud was entirely one-sided, didn't you? It's taken me all of 30 seconds to find this stuff online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2021 10:47 PM

Last year on a podcast, Shatner was still bitching about Takei.

This is not a one-sided feud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote]Who in the fuck holds a grudge over how a co-worker (for 3 years) treated them at a job OVER 50 YEARS AGO!?!

Because usually when you leave the job you don't see or hear from that co-worker again. People also don't have entire conventions and documentaries about the things that happened at your job.

These two will always be tied together and they're both always, at some point, randomly in the news.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2021 10:48 PM

Did they ever have a food fight on Jerry Springer?

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2021 10:48 PM

R15 - OP, R1, R2, R3 are the same person. It talks to itself a lot.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2021 10:51 PM

Didn't George Takei claim that Russia was targeting him when it surfaced that he had sexually assaulted a 23-year-old male model in 1981? Because, you know, a third rate actor with a mediocre career is SUCH a threat to the Russian State... 🙄 🙄 🙄

Only because of this, I am team Shatner, even if he is an annoying drunk, a rather bad actor and, worst of all, he has collaborated in one of that evil beast Jeff Bezos' projects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2021 10:53 PM

[quote] Who in the fuck holds a grudge over how a co-worker (for 3 years) treated them at a job OVER 50 YEARS AGO!?!

Are you new? These kinds of grudges are the lifeblood of DL. Grudges like these must be nurtured, watered, and tended to.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2021 10:54 PM

r78, people keep asking Shatner about the personal attacks that Takei keeps making on him and Shatner appropriately defends himself in the response.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2021 10:54 PM

He's just an old guy who doesn't understand the internet very well, r82. He had been targeted by Russian trolling operations previously, they'd attacked him for criticizing Putin, so he thought he was being attacked by them again when he wasn't.

The accuser did later change his story and Takei basically said no harm, no foul.

[quote]Takei posted a graph from Securing Democracy, a site that tracks “Russian influence operations on Twitter,” and said he had been targeted before when he criticized Putin’s anti-LGBT policies

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2021 11:03 PM

Exactly what R84 said. Like I said early: I LOVE George. He's so hilarious and Shatner is an asshole, but George is the one constantly looking for Shatner's attention and the media gave oxygen to it and created this "rivalry." I doubt George has ever crossed Shatner's mind except when he's actually asked about it. Whereas George is constantly talking about Shatner.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2021 11:51 PM

I just posted several examples over the course of 14 years where Shatner slams Takei, r86. It's very obvious he thinks about it plenty. You fangurlz need to stop pushing this "Shatner is so strong and manly and doesn't even know a worm like Takei exists" because it's clearly not true.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2021 11:53 PM

R87, I assure you I'm not a "fangurl." I have never seen a single episode of Star Trek; not a one. I'm just going on having listened to GT on Stern for years. He's fantastic, but he absolutely does endlessly go on about Shatner.

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2021 11:57 PM

Shatner has a long and storied reputation for being a complete asshole. Takei isn't the only one from the old crew who hate him. Nichelle Nichols has had some saucy comments to say about him over the years.

I'm team Takei on this one.

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2021 11:57 PM

Shatner doesn't sound like a Deplorable here, where he talks about how seeing the Earth from space made him truly realize how fragile our world is and how seriously we need to take climate change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote] Mark Hamill charges $295.00, though.

Pay $295 for a scribble from that smarmy little nothing of an actor? Anyone who would do that would have to be insane.

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2021 12:27 AM

Shatner is married AGAIN? How many times is this now?

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2021 12:33 AM

Both men entertain me in very different ways, but I don't take a side. I've witnessed the bulk of their strife play out on the old Howard Stern Show. I've always believed it to be a one-sided feud.

William Shatner has always come across as a clueless narcissist so up his own ass that he has never properly "seen" George in the almost sixty years he's known him. As with all narcs, he's dismissive of anyone less powerful than himself. He only has time for those he perceives to be useful in some way.

George Takei seems good-natured for the most part, but also, deeply sensitive. He also has a need for attention (don't all actors?) and being constantly being subbed by Shatner has eaten away at this man for six decades. Why? He comes across as almost unhinged at this point. Seriously, George, who gives a fuck?

Put it into perspective: Who carries around a grudge against someone they worked with for a few years fifty-five years ago?

Shatner, meanwhile, always appears oblivious to George. I like George, but I am always tickled by how truly perplexed and flummoxed Shatner acts whenever George is brought up during interviews. Their interactions are always gold because George usually comes off as strident, while Shatner is flip.

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2021 11:23 AM

My theory is they're both narcissists, which is an oil and water combo. Two narcs can't exist in the same space.

And yes, it clearly drives George crazy that he can't get a rise out of Shatner. He needs to finally wise up and stop talking about the Shat, at least in public, because he just comes across as obsessed and petty. He's ironically making Shatner seem sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2021 12:04 PM

[quote] He needs to finally wise up and stop talking about the Shat

If George stops talking shit about Shat, then what else is he going to do? He's 84 and never really had much of a career outside of Star Trek. At least his continuing bitching about Shatner keeps him in the headlines somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2021 12:25 PM

R93, that's exactly what I've been saying in this thread. I love George and I think he's so entertaining. I laugh when he goes after Brad for his weight (Sorry, Brad!), but the fact is that like you said, the feud is one-sided. Shatner only ever mentions or thinks about George when someone actually asks. He's indifferent to George. He doesn't care enough to hate George. Even the tone in his voice sounds self-absorbed.

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2021 3:23 PM

You would think that Shatner just blasted off in an erect penis would give them something in common

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2021 3:30 PM

The only time I’ve seen Shatner get remotely political on twitter was about the word cis male and shatners refusing to use it and call himself one.

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2021 3:48 PM

George Takei became a mincing sanctimonious Karen cunt years ago and I can’t suffer her. She also has an out-of-this-world victim complex

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2021 3:54 PM

I think Takei has always been envious of Shatner - the handsome leading man, a position Takei knew he could never attain, and a person that wouldn’t give him the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2021 3:59 PM

Now that I know he refused to call himself a cis-male, I am firmly pro-Shatner.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2021 6:56 PM

Harrison Ford only does private signings where you send stuff in to be signed and gets up to $1500 for posters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 18, 2021 1:31 AM

Shatner can be an ass but I find Takei insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 103October 18, 2021 1:38 AM

Takei is a noodle . An ineffectual man

by Anonymousreply 104October 18, 2021 1:39 AM

It took George decades to come out, and even then he only did it after being outed and to gain some relevance. He is not some great gay icon or leader. He only came out when his career was utterly over and he had nothing to lose.

Also, didn't he rape some drunk twink?

by Anonymousreply 105October 18, 2021 1:46 AM

I think it’s George. At first I thought it was Shatner but George is obsessed with this man.

by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2021 2:47 AM

I agree with R105. Where was he during the AIDS epidemic?

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2021 2:48 AM

George once pointed out the champagne Bill served him was burned, and since that was unforgivable, after that it was total war.

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2021 2:49 AM

R4 is a Republican loon

by Anonymousreply 109October 18, 2021 8:40 PM

R101 is a freeper troll

by Anonymousreply 110October 18, 2021 8:41 PM

DLers are so racist, that's why they hate Takei and side with the fat white windbag (bonus: the windbag shares their hateful, conservative views)

by Anonymousreply 111October 18, 2021 8:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!