Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends - Medieval Chateau With ‘Remarkable’ Gardens Seeks $3 Million In Central France

I'd have it, purchase price is a mere trifle, but think of the heating costs....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 12:27 AM

Or maybe something slightly more modern...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2021 11:18 AM

You had me at "remarkable gardens." Pity they didn't include more than one pic of them.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2021 11:29 AM

@r1, Oh, geez, another one of those 17th century faux country French McMansions

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2021 11:33 AM

It's gorgeous with one small and personal exception: I hate those raised fielded panels with the Rococo mouldings. I just don't like the fussiness of them, all French poodle and pale blue powdered wigs. Give me straight lines or war climate Baroque instead.)

No one will ever accuse a French estate agent of offering too many photos of a property. Anything more than 10 is considered wildly extravagant but I found one with 10 (and without heavy watermarks obscuring the details.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2021 1:58 PM

Lovely and fortified enough to fend off zombies - I must have it.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2021 4:42 PM

It's all turrets!

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 9:48 AM

My guess is that it doesn’t have central heat.

Just wear one of your furs.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 12:02 PM

As they say, if you have to worry about the cost of the heat, you probably couldn't afford it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 12:19 PM

Dumps, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 12:47 PM

You just use one or two fireplaces and shut the rest off. That is the proper was to recluse.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2021 4:19 PM

I’m afraid I’ll need a landing strip for the jets that bring my friends in. I don’t know soul on the continent. I suppose it can be concealed by a few of those marvelously well-placed shrubs.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2021 4:33 PM

I was just watching a show about all the old castles, and chateaus in France. There are some obviously gay owners interviewed too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 4:42 PM

Think of all fun one could have getting dressed in morning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 2:33 AM

French revolution rabble showed up wanting to tear down Chenonceau . Care taker informed them they couldn't do that because it was the only bridge across river Cher for miles in either direction. Rabble had to be happy with knocking off a few stones, then went on their way....

Stephen A. Schwarzman, an American billionaire donated much of funding to restore gardens of Chambord.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 10:04 AM

I can't comment until I see some pix of the dungeon. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 12:16 AM

The 17th C chateau is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 12:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!