Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else tired of Adele and already DREADING the pending Adeluge?

Yes. DREADING. The weight loss! The break up! The new guy! The Cali estate!

MARY!!!

Also, her music is for grannies and not the youth.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2021 4:05 PM

Truer words were never......

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2021 10:37 AM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2021 10:51 AM

Shut up bitch

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2021 10:54 AM

She was better when she was fat. Or, at least she was better at hiding her self-absorption.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2021 10:59 AM

"The youth" is an expression grannies would say OP. But I do suspect that she will burn out of the L.A lifestyle and high tail it back to London in a year or so. A lot of British and European celebs tire of America quickly once they see it up close.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2021 11:48 AM

She was better when she pretended being typical girl next door. She’s now showing her true colors being a shallow whory basic bitch like many basic sluts out there. 🥱

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2021 12:05 PM

[quote]She was better when she was fat

Because she also was more relatable to most morbidly obese whores on DL.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2021 12:08 PM

Send My Leftovers To Your New Love Huh Ver is a bop. This will be a high octane dance album.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2021 12:11 PM

Beautiful voice but boring . She lost too much weight. She was really fat. She looks too thin now. I suspect she’s going to torture herself forever to maintain her weight. Just like we all do🤣

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2021 12:14 PM

I wonder how her voice has been impacted by her weight loss. Singing vocal quality isn't only made in the throat. The resonance of the voice is impacted by what the sound vibrations have to move through (fat in the neck, face, size of nostril holes, sinus cavities, etc - all impacted by weight gain/loss).

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2021 12:16 PM

[quote]Also, her music is for grannies and not the youth.

you're complaining about that?

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 12:17 PM

It’s definitely an open question how her voice has changed and whether she has the ability to master her vocal issues R10. We’ll find out soon whether she can sing live.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2021 12:44 PM

I have always found *some* of her songs nice, but most of her material is both incredibly derivative and painfully insipid. Most of her songs sound like watered down versions of every other sad love song ever written. Her voice is pleasant enough and reasonably powerful, but I've never understood why everyone makes such a fuss about it. She can control about an octave of it, and that's it. Her low notes are muddled and whenever she tries to go a little bit higher than usual, she sounds like she is in pain and her vocal chords eventually just give up. She is not a great singer by any stretch of the imagination.

I cannot see what people like so much about her... She has a passable voice, is pretty but non-threateningly so, underclass but not completely chavvy, somewhat feisty but ultimately pleasant and oh, so very bland and forgettable. Just like her songs. If being an average (fat) girl who sings self-pitying love songs is all it takes to fascinate and dazzle the masses, I rue the state of both the music industry and the degradation of celebrity culture.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 12:56 PM

Actually, yeah, I am tired of her, and I went from not having much of an opinion beyond thinking of her occasionally, yet favorably, to being thoroughly irritated by her. I'd read interviews with her before but the last one was overflowing with self-absorption, like r4 said. I don't think the weight change and personality change are related, I suspect she's changed in the last few years because she's gotten older and divorced.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 1:01 PM

I generally like her, she has a likeable personality, and I probably listen to about 3 of her songs on Spotify (Make You Feel My Love, All I Ask, Chasing Pavements). But if she comes with schlocky four-chord piano ballads AGAIN, i'm out. Give us something different gurl. All the greats switch it up a lot more than she does, even fellow balladeers Celine Dion and Babs Streisand gave us a couple of upbeat numbers.

I think the public is so starved for real music with live instrumentation and clear vocals, no wonder her and Bruno Mars do so well with their derivative and simplistic old-school sound. Still, with the music industry in such a shambolic state, I don't mind seeing these 'event' album releases happen. It made me kind of nostalgic last time she released and didn't put the album on streaming for the first few weeks, and watching everyone flock to the stores and buy her CD and put it on on a Friday night after work with a glass of wine. Reminds me of the 90s lol.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 1:08 PM

After seeing that compound she bought in LA, it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2021 1:14 PM

If it helps drown out the annual whistle note and sleigh bell apocalypse that is Mariahmas then bring it on.

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2021 1:41 PM

My theory is we can all subconsciously detect the kind of visual and auditory enhancements that are spreading across most of popular music and media (CGI, Autotune, etc). I’m sure trained people can detect that stuff more consciously, but even those of us without perfect pitch or musical training feel something slightly false about an Autotuned vocal. Adele’s voice is so appealing to so many people because that falseness is absent—she explained in one of the recent Vogue profiles that she uses her vocals from one continuous take in her music, rather than splice stuff together or manipulate it.

I’m sure if you’re a trained musician, you can hear the flaws in her voice like some of the posts above can, but as a total amateur who just likes listening to music a lot, her voice—even in a granny-style tune—is as pleasurable to hear as a perfectly baked croissant is to eat.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2021 1:49 PM

It’s also notable to me that she’s only 33! No wonder she’s still making some stupid choices or overly changed by her fame. She was barely an adult when the adulation started pouring in. And with that voice, she was never the girl next door.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2021 1:51 PM

Yes, her music bores me to tears and no living artist has ever been as overrated as Adele.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2021 1:51 PM

I don't think her vocals are entirely unprocessed and I doubt it's a single take. Singers haven't used single takes in decades.

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2021 1:52 PM

This is what she says in Vogue:

“As with her previous albums, the vocal tracks are original demos because, she explains, demos have a charisma and an urgency that get lost if you rerecord them. “I never redo my vocals. Never. Never ever.”

Maybe I misunderstood what that means?

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2021 1:56 PM

No, I'm sure she said she just uses her off-the-cuff demo vocals because they're just so authentic, I'm just saying I personally do not believe it, because I know about these things called "publicity" and "branding."

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] "I never redo my vocals. Never. Never ever.”

Except live at The Grammys paying homage to George Michael.

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2021 1:59 PM

Her songs are formulaic and her voice is flawed as anyone with music training can notice. Vocal range is limited; she’s a pushed up contralto whose upper registers screeches when holding long notes. Vocal tone is surprisingly flat for someone with a big voice like hers. Minimal use or lack of vibrato contributes to the pressured tone in her voice.

Regarding weight, she looks fabulous but I wouldn’t call her thin. She’s average size now, her musculoskeletal built is that of an endomorph. These body types when at lowest, normal weight, still look average size. Losing weight would not negatively affect the voice, contrary to popular belief, even singers used to think this way but it’s actually the opposite.

If the singer is obese, losing weight would help with breathing issues like sleep apnea and problems with stamina. Singers use breathing techniques like breath control and using diaphragm to help do that. The excess weight is a hindrance and nothing to do with good technique. You don’t lose that if you already have hood technique.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2021 2:11 PM

She lived in LA once before. She had a house in Beverly Hills and sold it and moved back to London. I wonder why she moved back here to the US? LA is just as expensive as London, so her moving to LA doesn't make any sense to me.

But Brits do seem to be obsessed with America, so there's that too. I guess this is their playground...especially if they're wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2021 2:30 PM

I have always thought her songs are overrated. They were completely self absorbed, so I’m not sure why anyone is now surprised that she is … completely self absorbed.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2021 3:50 PM

I have to be honest. I thought her new single sucked balls. The melody is awkward and off and the lyrics are hokey like a Hallmark Christmas card, plus it's obvious that her voice went to shit. I really don't get the obsession over it. I have a funny feeling this album is going to suck.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2021 2:20 PM

Are you a teenager OP? You can’t avoid a pop star? I bet with a little effort (as in : none) you could avoid all & every.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2021 2:25 PM

R26 I always wondered the same thing. With all that money, she could buy a gorgeous, 200-year old castle in the south of France, Spain, Portugal… wonderful weather 300 days of the year, only hours away from home… pristine nature and very little pollution…

But no. Go ahead and live in a traffic-plagued metropolis surrounded by bobblehead "celebrity" neighbours… To each their own!

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2021 2:35 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2021 2:56 PM

Dearest OP,

All youth become grannies, grandpas, and eldergays eventually.

Sincerely...

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2021 3:52 PM

She’s on track to becoming a female Gary Barlow… *shudder*

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2021 4:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!