Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dwayne Johnson Says ‘Fast & Furious’ Crew ‘Quietly Thanked’ Him for Slamming Vin Diesel

[quote] Dwayne Johnson revealed in a new interview with Vanity Fair that crew members on the “Fast & Furious” franchise thanked him after he called out Vin Diesel as a “chicken shit” and “candy ass” in a viral Instagram post, which revealed the extent to which Johnson and Diesel had been feuding during the making of the “Fast” movies. The feud itself has been well documented over the years. Johnson admitted regret to Vanity Fair in going public with his frustrations over Diesel, but he stands by everything he said.

candy ass? 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2022 12:39 PM

I mix them up sometimes. They play such similar roles in Hollywood. They're both bald, muscular and wear wifebeaters. They're both part-Black but racially ambiguous enough to play Italian, Hispanic or Greek types. Rock appears 100% straight though. Vin had gay rumors for decades.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2021 4:40 AM

Diesel is constantly late. When other actors show up on time, it makes their lives miserable because they end up waiting around for hours in full hair and makeup when they could have been sleeping late, going to the gym, spending time with their kids, etc. It complicates the shooting schedule and that creates lots of annoying problems for the crew to deal with (like how do we light this scene when we don't have enough time to finish it before the sun goes down).

That said, for the crews, it's awesome. Hollywood overtime on big budget movies is their bread and butter. Double overtime, triple overtime. It buys crew members new cars and downpayments for houses.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2021 4:41 AM

Candy ass = Faggot

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2021 4:43 AM

R1 you should listen to Vin's interviews, sometimes he sounds like a middle aged black woman.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2021 4:43 AM

They're both of ambiguous sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2021 4:43 AM

The Rock isn’t, really. He’s a straight man but his heart really belongs to the gym.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2021 4:50 AM

You haven't been to any of the SNL afterparties...

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2021 4:51 AM

What does the crew have to do with this?

I thought the feud was Vin Diesel basically telling The Rock he sucked at acting as Hobbs.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2021 4:59 AM

Wait, these are two different people?

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2021 5:27 AM

I thought Vin Diesel was The Rock’s real name.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2021 5:30 AM

Totally interchangeable actors. Vin does seem like a bitch IRL though.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 5:32 AM

A friend of mine in the biz says that Johnson has an almost universally positive reputation with anyone that they’ve talked to that’s worked with him. I think this helps to explain his omnipresence in movies over the last decade. The idea that Diesel has some kind of technique for getting good acting performances out of people is, of course, preposterous on its face, lol

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2021 6:47 AM

The other actors on F&F took Vin's side. So your friend is full of shit R12.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 6:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 7:11 AM

Yes, it's preposterous for Vin Diesel to criticize anyone's acting.

But Vin has been straightforward about what the feud is.

OTOH, Dwayne speaks in code about showing respect and treating people on the same level.

So we can surmise that Vin is telling the truth. And that Dwayne was pissed he was disrespected by Vin, who was a producer on the film and was above Dwayne.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 7:20 AM

The should just fuck and get over it.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2021 9:17 AM

I’ve always had a soft spot for Rock. He met his wife while headed to an men/women orgy, so I don’t know how straight that exactly is, you likely have to be a bit sexually fluid with a bunch of erect penii in the room with you. OP’s photo looks like they’re going to kiss.

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote]He met his wife while headed to an men/women orgy,

r17 i need to see the receipts on that one. Erect "penii"? 😁

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2021 12:39 PM

[Quote] But Vin has been straightforward about what the feud is.

What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2021 1:44 PM

But we'll always have this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2021 2:07 PM

The Rock continued to be trained by the man who married his wife (post The & Mrs. Rock's divorce). That tells you about the nature of the Johnsons' relationship...

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2021 2:21 PM

Dwayne Johnson has a good reputation in the industry. Not Keanu Reeves level but great nonetheless. In an industry full of narcissistic muscle men type actors, he’s surprisingly mellow and “normal”. This is going back to his football and wrestling days, and when you’re a standout in three areas now (acting is the third), your asshole personality would be talked about eventually. There’s nothing but positive stuff about Johnson. Vin Diesel OTOH is a douche through and through.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2021 2:23 PM

R21 Dany looks terrible these days. Too masculine. Have no idea why she's still "working" with Henry Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2021 2:35 PM

For reference...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2021 2:40 PM

That man is The Rock’s wife?

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2021 5:15 PM

Former wife. I think she still manages him.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2021 5:54 PM

Good Lord! I recall seeing pictures of his wife when The Rock first ventured into acting; at the time she looked like a prim church lady.

Oy!

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2021 7:36 PM

R24, That is Dany now? Wow!!!! Even Alex Rodriguez's exes look more feminine!

by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2021 7:59 PM

The former Mrs. Rock looks like she can pop her own implants with a good sneeze.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2021 10:07 PM

They're both FAGS.

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2021 10:16 PM

Seems more like an ex-lovers spat than anything else. By the way, there have been rumors about "The Rock" about as long as there have been about Vin. There was a blind item years ago about a macho action-movie star with "chiseled features" who cruised truck stops in Southern California looking to suck dick. Chiseled.... Rock?

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote]I mix them up sometimes. They play such similar roles in Hollywood. They're both bald, muscular and wear wifebeaters.

Dwayne Johnson is handsome and has a chin; Vin Diesel is not and does not.

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2021 11:36 PM

"Chiseled" = FAG.

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2021 11:38 PM

Penii is plural for penis, because there’s usually more than one erect one at an orgy. You would thank that’s likely the most difficult thing for a straight guy to look at while navigating the room…

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2021 12:00 AM

I have no idea what the difference is between these two actors and have never seen either of them in anything. But I understand they’re both gay.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2021 1:09 AM

Team Johnson. I haven't been able to stand Diesel since he started acting like Paul Walker's widow.

And this exchange...

[quote] Over time, Diesel has voiced his own oblique observations about this situation. He has put down their differences to them being two alpha males (Johnson: “Sounds like him to say that, sure”); characterized Johnson, perhaps slightly patronizingly, as Hollywood’s second “multicultural megastar” whom he’s proud to see following in his footsteps (Johnson: “He talks like that”); and said that “I protected Dwayne more than he’ll ever know…but he appreciates it. He knows he only has one big brother in the film world, and that’s me.” (Johnson: “I have one big brother and it’s my half brother. And that’s it.”)

[quote] Then, this summer, in an interview in Men’s Health, Diesel returned to the subject, casting any conflict as the benign side effect of purposeful method manipulation on his part. “My approach at the time was a lot of tough love to assist in getting that performance where it needed to be. As a producer to say, Okay, we’re going to take Dwayne Johnson, who’s associated with wrestling, and we’re going to force this cinematic world, audience members, to regard his character as someone that they don’t know—Hobbs hits you like a ton of bricks. That’s something that I’m proud of, that aesthetic. That took a lot of work. We had to get there and sometimes, at that time, I could give a lot of tough love. Not Fellini-esque, but I would do anything I’d have to do in order to get performances in anything I’m producing.”

[quote] Reminded of this quote, Johnson at first simply bellows with laughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2021 2:08 AM

Waiting on a reBUTTal from Tyrese in 3…2…1…

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2021 2:16 AM

Between Tyrese and Diesel, I feel bad for the crew

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2021 2:25 AM

i do too. They are both nightmares

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2021 2:42 AM

R39 They both have very healthy egos. Both sell tickets in the right project. Both are very lucky and have good attitudes in general. They happen not to be huge fans of each other and were both idiots for taking their irritation to the press. The feud is totally professional though and would be unremarkable if it didn't involve two superstars on one of the top franchises in history.

Hollywood is full of genuinely absurd behavior and mentally unstable actors. Vin is far more creatively involved in his own projects though, the Rock is more of a work for hire guy. That makes the Rock 1000 times easier to deal with under any circumstance. When you have someone willing to just show up on time and do the lines they're given, it makes life easy for everyone. Thats not necessarily the quality you want in an actual artist though.

If you want to see some great performances from both, watch the Rock in Pain and Gain and Diesel in Find Me Guilty or Pitch Black. They're actors, not action heroes in real life.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2021 3:03 AM

If someone I didn't get along with referred to himself as my big brother, I'd tell him to fuck himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2021 3:28 AM

I'm not a starfucker, and typically could give a rat's ass about anybody in Hollywood. Dwayne Johnson is one of the exceptions. He's always come across as somebody who is truly grateful for his success, and doesn't seem to believe he's special because he's made it. I would think he understands stardom has more to do with being in the right place at the right time and that there are hundreds of better actors who weren't lucky like that.

I would never approach him in public to say hello, unless he had a flat or something. And I would believe pretty much anything he says. Esp. if he's going out of his way in this case. Usually I refrain from approving of one actor shading another. But if Dwayne says this, I've no doubt it's absolutely true.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2021 3:37 AM

[Quote] And I would believe pretty much anything he says.

And you happily share this tripe?

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2021 5:26 AM

R26 and used to get beat up by him.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2021 5:37 AM

Those two are a real meeting of the minds.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2021 6:03 AM

R40 Vin Diesel has never given a good performance. He’s awful. Johnson isn’t Olivier, but he has the goods. Imagine Diesel attempting to cut any of the promos that the Rock was doing off the cuff in WWE 20 years ago—it would be the acting equivalent of that David Lee Roth live singing clip from Vegas last year.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2021 7:16 AM

The difference R35 is that Vin is exclusively dating in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 8:47 AM

Johnson seems to have a healthy sense of humor about himself. By his own quotes about their feud, Diesel has his head far up his own ass.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 3:32 PM

"Chiseled" = FAG."

Did I miss something? Has Matt Damon suddenly gone on an anti-homosexual rampage that I'm not aware of?

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2021 10:01 PM

r47 i was waiting for you to mention that quote. Nice to see you're still around after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2021 3:54 AM

Vin thanked me too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2021 4:15 AM

It sucks that Hobbs and Shaw turned out to be worse than F&F. I blame Ryan Reynolds.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2021 10:40 AM

I think you mistake me for someone else, as I haven't been here for that long, ok since 2015 nevertheless thank you 😘 R50

by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2021 8:20 PM

Steroids consumed by the gallon have physical and mental effects.

by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2021 9:04 PM

But The Rock swears he's never done steroids. He's as big as he is because he eats a lot of cod! (As if.)

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2021 11:01 PM

The Rock is half-Samoan though. Pacific Islanders tend to have big physiques.

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2021 11:05 PM

R56 big? Yes. Roided out? No.

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2021 11:11 PM

Do they have big dicks, too, R56? Or tiny Pan Asian ones?

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2021 11:12 PM

r56 People don't look like THE ROCK without steroid use. Most actors over 30 who get jacked do it with steroids to enhance the results.

Earlier use can fuck people up but now its common for (rich) men to take human growth hormone/testosterone to match what they naturally had in their early 20s. As you can imagine, if you are actually in your early 20's and at peak testosterone, injecting more into your body is a bad idea with permanent negative effects. But if you can replicate your body's own previous testosterone peak, you can have good effects.

According to a friend, the peaks are different for everyone so its actually helpful to keep old medical records to see what your body produced at that point. So young people reading this--get a testosterone reading done next time you do annual bloodwork. Hold on to that number and in 15-20 years, you'll be able to look awesome

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2021 1:32 AM

Brett Mycles.

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2021 1:34 AM

The only thing that interests me about The Rock is his cheat meals. He eats huge quantities.

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2021 1:36 AM

R61 his cheat meals are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2021 5:52 AM

I’m from the Lehigh Valley and the Rock grew up in Bethlehem. He has an excellent local reputation with many people saying how nice and down to Earth he is in person. I’ve never met him, but apparently he visits his Dad quite a bit. (Larry Holmes another hometown boy made good, enjoys an equally good reputation)

by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2021 11:05 AM

I thought his dad was dead.

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2021 4:44 PM

R64 He is.

I think the Rock's late father was handsome. Hopefully my link from Bing images will work.

The Rock seems to not be all that bad a fellow. Well, except for the steroids, I guess. Vin Diesel seemingly can't get as much work as The Rock for whatever reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2021 5:00 PM

R65 because Vin is a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 66October 20, 2021 7:39 AM

The Rock seems like he would be fun in bed......Vin - not so much.

by Anonymousreply 67October 20, 2021 2:53 PM

The Rock seems to eat for at least four hours a day. On top of that, it sounds from his various interviews that he works out for another 10 hours a day. If he works an eight-hour day on a movie set, what is that? Twenty-two hours? How does he find time to sleep and fuck? I'm sure he's at least bisexual, but how sexual can a person be at all if he's eating, working out and working for the entire day? I know he is paid extremely well for it, but his life sounds exhausting and rather joyless. Despite his ever-present "Rock" grin.

by Anonymousreply 68October 20, 2021 11:11 PM

Jesus Christ, Vin Diesel is cringe. Calling Johnson his little brother after Johnson said fuck no to that, invoking the ghost of Paul Walker..OF COURSE

[quote] My little brother Dwayne... the time has come. The world awaits the finale of Fast 10. As you know, my children refer to you as Uncle Dwayne in my house. There is not a holiday that goes by that they and you don’t send well wishes... but the time has come. Legacy awaits. I told you years ago that I was going to fulfill my promise to Pablo. I swore that we would reach and manifest the best Fast in the finale that is 10! I say this out of love... but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play. Hobbs can’t be played by no other. I hope that you rise to the occasion and fulfill your destiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 7, 2021 8:27 PM

R69 that is hilarious. Vin is doing the most 😄

by Anonymousreply 70November 8, 2021 8:11 AM

How did Vin Diesel and the Rock become stars?

by Anonymousreply 71November 8, 2021 9:07 AM

R71 got have your action stars.

by Anonymousreply 72November 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Haha, both have had gay rumors since before they were "stars", sean William Scott was his fuck buddy when they filmed that crap movie together apparently.

by Anonymousreply 73November 8, 2021 9:50 AM

[quote]Do they have big dicks, too, [R56]? Or tiny Pan Asian ones?

Small.

Vin has big dick voice; Rock does not.

by Anonymousreply 74January 2, 2022 4:38 AM

R74 that's because Vin has 10 testicles.

by Anonymousreply 75January 2, 2022 6:14 AM

Here's a pic of Dany Garcia, the Rock's first wife then and now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 2, 2022 6:25 AM

r76 that's a man baby

by Anonymousreply 77January 2, 2022 6:32 AM

R76 Dany looked better before getting into body building.

by Anonymousreply 78January 2, 2022 12:22 PM

R2 Great description - Diesel is constantly late. When other actors show up on time, it makes their lives miserable because they end up waiting around for hours in full hair and makeup when they could have been sleeping late, going to the gym, spending time with their kids, etc. It complicates the shooting schedule and that creates lots of annoying problems for the crew to deal with (like how do we light this scene when we don't have enough time to finish it before the sun goes down).

That same thing has been said about Ms. Faye Dunaway many times as well! I don't know why actors aren't immediately fired. Honestly, if you saw any Vin Diesel movie, was it better because of him - I doubt it. He's interchangeable just like most actors!

by Anonymousreply 79January 2, 2022 12:36 PM

R76 She looks like John Travolta in the old pic.

by Anonymousreply 80January 3, 2022 7:40 AM

[quote] Haha, both have had gay rumors since before they were "stars", sean William Scott was his fuck buddy when they filmed that crap movie together apparently.

You repeat the nonsense you read here; as if everyone here hasnt read the same bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 81January 3, 2022 7:56 AM

I don’t fully trust the Rock’s charming persona. I think he’s like Tom Cruise in the sense that he wants everyone to like him and think he is near perfect (while remaining humble). Tom’s public persona is highly controlled to the last detail. I don’t think the Rock is that far gone, but he definitely is hyper-aware and savvy on how he needs to conduct himself to remain popular and get work.

by Anonymousreply 82January 3, 2022 8:11 AM

R82 everyone has flaws. I recently saw the rumours about Dwayne beating up Dany on Reddit and that person got downvoted to hell. Also heard he doesn't have a great relationship with his oldest daughter.

by Anonymousreply 83January 3, 2022 10:23 AM

This drama between the two of them is 100% manufactured. It gets dredged up every time the PR needs to be cranked up for one of the execrable Fast movies, or when Rock thinks he’s been out of the press for too long. And let’s be clear, while Vin is no Daniel Day Lewis, he’s miles better an actor than wrestler The Rock whose “performances” (if they can be called that) teeter between camp and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 84January 3, 2022 11:49 AM

Because he’s not just an actor R79, he produces the Fast movies, but you know that. And by the way, crews get paid a lot of overtime when stars are late, so cry me a river.

by Anonymousreply 85January 3, 2022 11:51 AM

R85 thanks for explaining, Vin.

by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2022 12:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!