Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What percent of rape allegations are false?

My lesbian friend think it’s about 30%

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 11:48 PM

The number of false rape allegations are dwarfed by the number of rapes that are never reported to authorities.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 11:35 PM

BELIEVE ALL WOMEN! (except the ones who lie)

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 11:38 PM

They are fewer in number than the rape kits that go untested, rapists who go unprosecuted,.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 11:39 PM

Men lie about rape, too!

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 11:40 PM

It depends on your definition of "false". If you mean how many times people go to the police and make a rape claim they know to be false, I'd say it's probably around 10%. If false means allegations that claims that may not apply to the legal definition? Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 11:48 PM

The statistics say 5%.

I don’t believe the statistics for male rape. I think it’s higher. Just like domestic violence. I once searched “girlfriend is domestic violence abuser” or something for my friend and got very little results or insight to help.

Rape and domestic violence support is pro-women and anti-men so it’s tricky. Women are depicted as innocent creatures until you start reading about domestic violence in lesbians and how women are sexually assaulted in women’s prisons by women at higher rates than men in men’s prisons by men.

But as far as false allegations, I think they’re low and most women who are actually lying typically don’t identify the male. Not to say all women who don’t identify the perpetrator are liars, but the women who are lying about it usually don’t.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!