Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ghosts on CBS

Anybody seen it? Seems to be one of the best reviewed new sitcom show. It's adapted from BBC . I have no idea what it's all about when I started watching but I quite enjoyed it so far. It's set in a B&B haunted by various ghosts - including a gay one and a hot yuppie guy. I think CBS might have hit show on its hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2021 4:22 AM

I only watched the pilot. Just awful. I don't remember if I finished it. But Asher Grodman, who plays Trevor (T-Money), is very much my type, which may bring me back to watch more. The gay character is, shall we say, more Datalounge-aged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 9:34 PM

I love the British version, so I'm more than willing to give this a try.

Charlotte Ritchie is one my favourite actresses, so it will be interesting to see how the lead in the American version-Rose McIver- fares.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 9:35 PM

The BBC version can be viewed on HBO Max - two seasons.

I will watch the US version as long as they are not simply redoing the UK episodes. I’ll give it a shot.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 9:36 PM

Actually, R3, they have three seasons on HBO Max now. The British version is a great show. I'll try the American version, but I have a feeling it won't be as good.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 9:38 PM

Can't stand Brandon Scott Jones. God forbid they get someone better for the one gay character

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 9:44 PM

The actor playing the gay character on the UK version is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]Seems to be one of the best reviewed new sitcom show. It's adapted from BBC .

The American version of Ghosts makes better decisions than the BBC version of Ghosts with the characters.

The leads (especially the husband) aren't stupid in the American one. He's goofy but it never goes too far.

The changes to the cast ghost "types" make sense and I find them more interesting than the BBC one with a couple of exceptions. There's no "super happy" ghost like Kitty in this one but we get a flower child. Changing the MP to a Finance Douche Bro works here. I'm happy the poet character is gone. I did like the "Captain" character from the BBC one better than the gay character we have here. (I do like that actor who is on "The Other Two" though.)

Things seem to be moving more swiftly than in the BBC one.

It might turn out to be like "Being Human" where the American version was much better than the BBC one.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 10:17 PM

The American Being Human wasn't remotely as good as the British one. The whole 'vampires as mafia' thing wrecked the dynamics completely and the werewolf actor was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]The American Being Human wasn't remotely ...

This isn't even a debate. The American Being human managed to maintain the same cast the entire run without actors fleeing into the night.

Aiden Turner and Sinead Keenan left in Season 3. Lenora Crichlow left in Season 4. Russell Tovey dropped down to featured before he left before Season 5.

It had 37 episodes over five seasons and the show blew after Aiden Turner split.

The American one managed to tell a complete story with the same characters the entire run. Nothing was rushed because someone wanted OUT.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 11:56 PM

I tried it for Rose McIver (loved her on iZombie), and I'm surprised that I like a show on CBS.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2021 12:38 AM

I watched the pilot and it had a few good moments but wasn't very impressed. then i watched the bbc original and it is far far better

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 12:55 AM

I liked it okay. I will give it a few more viewings to see if it gets better. They can lose the hippy and smarmy indian though.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2021 12:59 AM

I like how the cast play multiple roles in the UK version.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 1:11 AM

Fucking ghosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 1:41 AM

R14, love, love, love that show!

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 1:52 AM

There were numerous references to Newhart on last night’s episode.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 11:00 PM

I really like it so far. I think it might be the only network comedy I watch.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 11:17 PM

I've watched all 4 episodes back to back just now.

Best sitcom that I've seen in years.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2021 3:01 AM

They gave it a full season order a few days ago.

The show is doing well.

It's the No. 8 ranked scripted show in 18-49 and No. 10 in total viewership on the network even beating out Bob Hearts Abishola.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2021 4:08 AM

Im all about the Viking. Just me?

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2021 4:13 AM

I just realized the Viking (Devan Long) played Flex Mentallo on HBO Max's "Doom Patrol" for a few episodes.

When he flexes he can alter reality so he runs around in a pair of leopard print trunks the entire time.

In one episode he flexes and accidentally makes everyone cum. (Seriously)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2021 4:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!