Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dean Cain played Superman for three seasons so he is an expert

What a douche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2021 8:15 PM

What about him? He's a biracial Clark Kent so he's hardly one to talk.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 7:42 PM

Pie flat face.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 7:49 PM

Wow, Hometown Buffet must love it when he visits!

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 7:53 PM

Fattest Superman ever.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 7:53 PM

This is one Superman too fat to fly!

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 7:54 PM

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's....holy shit it's a fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 7:57 PM

superman isn't fat either

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 7:59 PM

Wow, he got so fat, he could never pass a Dean Cain Lookalike Contest.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 7:59 PM

Who cares of Superman being bi is brave???? It's just a part of his character.

Hilariously, the right is so triggered by this now. Cain says if it were to happen 20 years ago, it would have been brave. Imagine how triggered the right would have been in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 8:01 PM

Dean Cain IS Buddy Hackett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2021 8:01 PM

Do they still have Marlon Brando's girdle and fat costume from the first Superman movie? I think Dean MIGHT be able to fit into it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2021 8:03 PM

Seems not to have aged well.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2021 8:08 PM

He's not wrong....

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2021 8:09 PM

R1 That's what annoys me about him. Lot of people could say "Superman shouldn't be 3/8th Japanese".

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote] Pie flat face

Dropped pie-faced loser.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2021 8:11 PM

Dean Cain (né Tanaka)

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]Cain went on to tell Fox & Friends

All we needed to know.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2021 8:11 PM

Daddy

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2021 8:16 PM

Looks like Donny Osmond took a dump on Dean's face.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2021 8:18 PM

I checked her IMDb and she is working....who knew??

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2021 8:18 PM

That isn't Dean Cain. That's somebody who ATE Dean Cain.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2021 8:20 PM

Yes, he WOULD like to supersize that!

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2021 8:21 PM

Have there been any other non-white actors who have played Superman?

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2021 8:24 PM

Has Scott Baio weighed in (Cain...no pun intended)?

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 8:26 PM

He’s a cunt but he’s right about this.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 8:29 PM

R25, no, he isn't. The fact that he and other conservatives are getting so worked up about this proves it is brave

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2021 8:31 PM

At least they can sit on a bandwagon without breaking it, Dean!

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2021 9:05 PM

He’s right. And he dared to play gay right after his Superman gigs, so, politics aside, I’m giving him this one.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2021 9:09 PM

R28, your tongue is so far up Dean's ass that you could lick his wisdom teeth.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 9:16 PM

Have you actually read his statement? Fake headline. He actually said there should be more unique gay characters. And he has a point about telling stories about oppressed gays around the world. Also didn't Dean play a gay character in a movie? I doubt he's homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2021 9:17 PM

R14/R16 Dean would have made a better Power Ranger anyway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2021 9:18 PM

R28 is a moron. He says it's not a big deal but contradicts himself by getting all worked up over it.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2021 9:21 PM

Fatty says what?

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2021 9:23 PM

If Hollywood decides to do a fleshed out documentary about Jim Jones, Dean is a perfect fit.

Is that booze bloat or just a love of food happening?

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2021 10:50 PM

The Penguin called Mr. Cain.

He wants his look back.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2021 10:58 PM

Apparently we've made such progress with LGBT rights that we are now attacking allies for making statements that are more nuanced. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. Why do we have to coopt a legacy character that is already associated with hyper masculinity when there are many more opportunities to create unique and more interesting gay characters that could easily be embraced by a new generation? I don't have a problem with making Superman, or a fake version, gay in theory but it's almost as if the creators are deliberately trolling audiences who already have a built in expectation for what the character represents.

But this Woke offensive and mindless trollery are doing nothing for our cause and just causing people to self censor. It reminds me of when I was given the task of writing an opinion column. My job became more difficult not because instead of simply communicating what I thought, I had to work backwards from what was approved. I didn't do it too long but at some point even I became confused about how I felt because I was so used to bullshitting for so long. Let people have honest conversations regarding race and sexuality even if the powers that be disapprove.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2021 11:00 PM

That aside, Dean Cain is an out and proud Republican and Trump supporter who went on the fraud and lie-filled Fox News and Friends, you idiot, so you're just basically flapping your lips in the air.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2021 11:04 PM

Dean fuckin Cain! Like who gives a shit what that fat fuck thinks.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2021 11:11 PM

This is supposed to be a thread about Dean Cain so why did someone post a photo of k.d. lang?

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2021 11:12 PM

Fat! VERY fat!

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2021 11:21 PM

R36 Supes can be gay, lesbian, bi or trans due to a little thing called red kryptonite.

Last time I checked the effects lasted for 24 hours so it's not being "woke" if he has a storyline that changes his sexual orientation or gender.

He's been a human sized ant-Superman (among other things) with just this one plot device.

Magic (besides red suns & various forms of kryptonite) can also make changes to Supes as Mr. Mxyzptlk, Lord Satanis & his wife Syrene (who I believe used their magical abilities back in the early 80s to split him into 2 separate Supermen which cut all of his powers in half) have proven over his 80+ year history.

Fans are aware that Supes will undergo changes to his usual nature from time to time as his notable Red Superman/Blue Superman phase has proven his history. Besides most who are upset by this probably haven't read a Supes comic in ages.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2021 11:22 PM

He's right, but all the uber-Politically Correct Gays who always make sure they are seen supporting, saying, doing, looking and having everything absolutely the way it should be, will never admit or agree with that, i.e. he has balls to stand up to have and express an opinion.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2021 11:31 PM

He's no doubt packed on the pounds to help him in the aging face department. If he lost the 25-30 he should, he'd look 10+ years older.

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2021 11:33 PM

R42 Balls perhaps...

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2021 11:36 PM

It wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't making a big deal out of it.

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2021 11:39 PM

He's a Trump supporting right-wing idiot. who cares what he thinks? he's not worked in decades because he's untalented.

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2021 11:48 PM

He looks like a Frau who has overdosed on Fillers and is prepared to begin a career as Karen.

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2021 11:50 PM

Making Superman bisexual is corny and trolling. I prefer to let the homophobes show themselves; I dislike when it seems like people go looking for them.

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2021 11:51 PM

Dean Cain is white. Yeah he’s biracial but he is white passing and he’s used it to his advantage to align himself with it his whole life. I don’t think he knows shit about being mixed aside from being good at hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2021 11:54 PM

Like you wouldn't lick his ass if he asked you to.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2021 11:56 PM

I bet his ass smells so good.

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2021 11:56 PM

r36 Did you even read it? It is Jon Kent, Superman and Lois's son who takes up the mantle of Superman. They did not make Clark Kent/Superman gay - His grown son is.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2021 11:59 PM

the fact that he occassionally guests host on fox and friends, like he is a expert on ANYTHING of importance tells any and all, everything you need to know about his oversize ego! imagine going on a national network morning news program and guest hosting and acting like you are any kind of expert on politics, the economy, national and world affairs, etc, that the entire nation needs to hear your opinion as truth and fact!.

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2021 12:05 AM

He dated Brooke Shields. Isn’t that punishment enough?

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Have there been any other non-white actors who have played Superman?

by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2021 12:08 AM

He looks like William Shatner. But, Shatner is hot for 90.

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2021 12:09 AM

R53 That goes both ways. What makes him any less qualified than someone like Whoopi Goldberg or Steven Weber of all people? People fondly remember his stint as Superman with good reason. The show may not have aged in well in all respects but it was decent enough entertainment at the time. People like him because he seems down to earth, personable, and not like a typical celebrity. And his persona doesn't revolve around him being a celebrity anyway. He still acts.

by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2021 12:11 AM

Dean, STFU.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote]It is Jon Kent, Superman and Lois's son who takes up the mantle of Superman. They did not make Clark Kent/Superman gay - His grown son is.

I don't think any of the people complaining realize this.

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2021 12:24 AM

The morons complaining about the copying if a character are too stupid to actually read the whole story. It's not Clark Kent. Fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2021 12:27 AM

R36 Dean Cain is not an ally. Get a fucking grip.

The guy is a right-winger. Tells people to vote and support the Republican Party.

Total opposite of an ally.

by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2021 1:00 AM

R57.... difference! the view is just talk and gabbing, everyone knows this... fox and friends is on a allegedly ALL news channel and supposedly all news and serious...

context and nuance matters!...

by Anonymousreply 62October 14, 2021 1:10 AM

Do people, including this fat fuck Dean, know that Superman has had gay/bi storylines for decades?

Superman has flirted with men in the comics (after being exposed to pink kryptonite).

He's also not human. So why would the typical human sexuality apply to him?

by Anonymousreply 63October 14, 2021 1:13 AM

Wisdom from a pig?

by Anonymousreply 64October 14, 2021 1:15 AM

R48, getting upset about a fictional character is corny and trolling. You and Dean and the GOP need to get a life

by Anonymousreply 65October 14, 2021 1:16 AM

R61 Agreed. Dean Cain is not an ally! She is some kind of Sculptra addict and Right Wing Trump der Fuhrer.

by Anonymousreply 66October 14, 2021 1:17 AM

Donald & Clark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2021 1:39 AM

Dean Cain is a Trump cult follower so he can't be too smart.

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Dean Cain is FAT

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2021 2:11 AM

Holy fuck, he’s fat. Is he part Korean or Filipino, by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote] Is he part Korean or Filipino, by any chance?

Part Samoan by the looks of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2021 2:15 AM

No matter what Cain is otherwise, he's right about this.

Does this mean that Superman was gay? Cause familial/genetic link and all.

Older brother, right handed trope. Or is it left handed?

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2021 2:28 AM

Don’t there need to be two older brothers?

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2021 2:36 AM

R73, with each additional brother the likelihood increases about 15%. This is gay and bi-sexual men. Older sisters had no such effect on men.

See they never pay attention to us.

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote] It's a bird, it's a plane, it's....holy shit it's a fat ass.

Dean has always had a fat ass. Sadly, the rest of him got fat too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2021 2:51 AM

His biological father was Japanese. He was raised by his mother and step-father.

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2021 2:52 AM

He’s part Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2021 2:52 AM

He's no Richard Grieco.

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2021 2:55 AM

What part about SUPERMAN IS NOT HUMAN do you guys not understand R72 R73 R74?

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2021 3:01 AM

He’s not really being anti-gay, but at the same time no one said making Jon Kent bisexual is “brave”. It’s just part of his being. And no one said this new Superman won’t fight for the rights of gays in Iran - how does he know he won’t?

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2021 3:02 AM

R80 He's being anti-gay but making it less obvious by using straw man arguments.

"This is not brave now!" and "What about Iran?" are the straw man arguments. No one brought them up, except him.

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2021 3:14 AM

Why does he care?

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2021 3:20 AM

Maybe so, R80, but he might also be thinking of the fact that he played gay in a couple movies 20+ years ago, which was actually kind of a brave thing for an actor to do at the time. If it's soooo not newsworthy, though, why even bother bringing it up. Yeah, I know the answer to that - Fox and their dog whistles - but I give Dean a slight benefit of the doubt because of the past roles he's played.

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2021 3:21 AM

The character is Jon Kent. Not even the original Superman (Clark Kent), which Dean Cain played.

Jon Kent is Clark Kent & Lois Lane's son. In the comics, he's 17...a Gen Z Superman.

So why is Dean Cain upset about this?

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2021 4:00 AM

Why did this fuckface ever do "The Broken Heart's Club"? Was he in need of the work/money?

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2021 4:06 AM

The new Superman’s a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote]He dated Brooke Shields. Isn’t that punishment enough?

Punishment for Brooke...

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2021 4:26 AM

R83 "but he might also be thinking of the fact that he played gay in a couple movies 20+ years ago, which was actually kind of a brave thing for an actor to do at the time"

Couple of movies? I recall only THE BROKEN HEARTS CLUB. His bravery was shared by Timothy Olyphant, Zach Braff, Andrew Keegan, Justin Theroux and Michael Bergin among others. I think Billy Porter and Jennifer Coolidge - who co-starred in the film too - did a little bit more for actors "at the time".

Which are the other films where Dean Cain played gay?

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2021 4:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2021 4:43 AM

He also played gay in a movie called SAFE MEN.

I can see why some thought/think it was brave of him to take a couple gay roles. Another interpretation could be that he was trying to get some attention on exactly that basis, since he wasn't exactly turning down major film and TV roles at the time (or, God knows, since).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2021 5:30 AM

R90 Thanks for the info and I agree about his motivation to play gay roles at the time. At that time Hugh Grant had no problems to find roles in the US after he did MAURICE in 1987. Dean Cain is just a very limited actor. In one of his most recent films OBAMAGATE : THE MOVIE (2020) he starred with a bald John James (original DYNASTY's Jeff Colby as Comey) and Kristy Swanson (another repugnant cunt) ...

I think it was brave for Michael Ontkean, Harry Hamlin and Kate Jackson to star in MAKING LOVE in 1982. But twenty years later? No.

BROKEN HEARTS CLUB was filmed years after Matthew Broderick, River & Keanu, Patrick Stewart, Robin Williams, Kevin Kline and others were in TORCH SONG TRILOGY (1988), MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO (1991), JEFFREY (1995), THE BIRDCAGE (1996) or IN & OUT (1997) - to name just a few US independent or studio films with gay lead characters.

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2021 6:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2021 7:26 AM

Oh please, there's nothing to defend when it comes to this fool, and it's incredibly transparent who is coming to his defense here. Even if there is a point to having original characters being gay or bi, he's not saying that out of the kindness of his heart. He's throwing a fit because it plays right into the hands of the devolved, whiny excuses for "real" men his right-wing, trump-loving ass panders to these days because the world is changing in a way they can't understand, and exposes how weak and fragile most of these little boys really are. His complaining plays right into that trope - don't take away what they feel is 'theirs', that they have always 'owned' ...not because he actually really gives a damn about original gay/bi characters. And he's comes off even more a fool because this isn't even Clark Kent, but supposedly the son... a new, Gen Z character. So what's the fucking issue...

(Oh, and for those saying, "well, he still works", uh, have you seen the shit he makes lately? Other than "Hit the Floor", which was a somewhat decent show, there is NOTHING to write home about when it comes to his body of work.)

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2021 8:33 AM

Dean is on the board of the National Rifle Association. PUKE

Sadly, he never did any nudity in any of his movies. I'd sure love to see that ass!

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2021 9:39 AM

In 2000, Dean was known as a TV actor, having done primarily made-for-TV movies after Lois and Clark ended. He was trying to get into big screen movies and campaigned hard to get the role in Broken Hearts Club. The studio was reluctant to cast him because he was a TV actor. When they did cast Dean, the movie got lots of free publicity thanks to the casting.

by Anonymousreply 95October 14, 2021 12:49 PM

Why not make Superman bi?

Since every super hero seems to have his/her sexuality on display (all the straight ones have girlfriend or boyfriends), doesn't it make sense that a gay or a bi one has a partner?

by Anonymousreply 96October 14, 2021 1:13 PM

Jesus people - for the last time. This is about a different character. The son of Clark Kent (the original Superman) and Lois Lane - He is Jon Kent, taking over the role of Superman. They could not even commit to gay they had to make him Bi. They did not make Superman gay, his son is exploring his sexuality in a future where it is not so fucking taboo that it would make Fox and Friends.

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2021 1:44 PM

R55 no, not yet.

R63 nice try.

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Superman is not gay he just dates on Krypton like me.

by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2021 4:55 PM

He’s fluid…

by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2021 6:38 PM

Boy of Steel, boyfriend of Kleenex.

by Anonymousreply 101October 15, 2021 4:18 AM

Brooke Shields lost her V-chip to him??

by Anonymousreply 102October 15, 2021 4:43 AM

R102, didn't Shields claim she was still a virgin even though she dated him and all reports from Princeton said otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2021 1:27 PM

If the woke have their way, they will turn all superhero media into gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2021 1:46 PM

DL would have melted down if Superman was trans, but bi is okay?

Who is his male love interest?

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2021 2:04 PM

R102 I thought Atkins popped her cherry during Blue Lagoon - when he wasn't busy getting fucked by the director.

by Anonymousreply 106October 16, 2021 5:45 AM

R104 which would be terrible....

by Anonymousreply 107October 16, 2021 12:30 PM

Dean Cain had FAT FACE.

Burn it with fire!!!

by Anonymousreply 108October 16, 2021 12:34 PM

He's an expert on carbs.

by Anonymousreply 109October 16, 2021 12:38 PM

Timothy Olyphant and Andrew Keegan were both so hot in Broken Hearts Club. Timothy is still an in-demand actor and his looks gets better with age. Andrew leads this spiritual community in LA but he still looks great. Both aren't as pathetic as Dean Cain who seems to be this bitter, hateful person now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 16, 2021 7:21 PM

[Quote] Andrew leads this spiritual community in LA but he still looks great.

Don't you mean cult?

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2021 1:59 AM

LOL Andrew's "cult" is just a bunch of aged potheads doing yoga and prayer circles in public areas. A real cult would be super secretive, isolate its members from society and use cryptic messages and ads to recruit people like The Children of God, Scientology or that sex trafficking cult that Allison Mack was in. Andrew doesn't seem smart enough to lead a real cult.

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2021 8:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!