Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2022 and 2014

Will republicans take the House and Senate?

Will tRump run in 2024?

Will he win?

Will House and Senate then remain Republican?

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 1:13 AM

No, no, no, no and while I'm at it, no.

Also, the 2014 elections already happened.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 7:43 PM

It is not even the first year of Biden. Just like Obama it was a mess to start because he inherited a mess. Once he gets past the policy bickering and the dems get in line it will be fine.

He will probably lose the house in 2022 - my guess is Trump will run for congress somewhere and they will make him speaker of the house to continue the joke that is Trump

Trump will not run for president again.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 7:43 PM

The Republican party has shit candidates, shit policies, and an ever-shrinking share of the voting public. Trump is no longer an asset but a huge liability. I understand the fetishistic desire that many Americans have for an apocalyptic takeover by an all powerful dictator. But that's only going to happen if the U.S. military consents to making it happen. And if they were going to do it, they would have done it on Jan. 6 when then Pres. Trump ordered it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 7:55 PM

You just can't predict elections this far out, too many things could change but if the Republicans take the house and the Senate in 2022, they will make sure a Republican is President in 2024, they will steal the election and that is not me predicting the future that is me listening to Republicans telling us what they plan to do. They will do what Trump wanted the Republicans to do in 2020. They will refuse to accept the results from states that the Democrat wins and send the election in to the House where every state gets one vote by their congressional delegation. Since more states are controlled by Republicans than Democrats the Republican will be declared the winner, it won't matter who got the most votes or won the most states and our Democracy will end.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 8:47 PM

As bad as it looks I think the GOP and Trump are pushing this too far with Abortion , Voting Rights, etc.

This isn’t 1994, or 2010. They haven’t presented themselves as a credible alternative.

If Biden gets inflation/supply chain issues under control, stabilizing the economy, and the infrastructure bill includes childcare, bringing people back to the lower rung of the workforce, his popularity will increase, Afghanistan will be a memory and the Dems will be fine. If not….

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 9:09 PM

If Manchin and Sienna don’t get with the party, and vote for at least the Voting Rights Bill to secure that our democracy can still function, it’s over. Minority rule will prevail gays will be stoned in the streets,women dying after back alley abortions, white supremacy will blossom even more and police brutality against non-whites will escalate once again. USSR.2.

Foremost, Democrats are lazy and don’t come out in the midterms. We suck.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 9:32 PM

If they get the House next year, Biden will be removed within months. It will be a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 9:56 PM

As R4 said, it's hard to predict elections this far in advance since each year is a lifetime in politics.

But the indications so far point to Trump running in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2021 11:46 AM

OP here, I meant 2022 and 2024.

I think tRump won't run. This mounting legal problems and the Jan 6 committee will make sure all of the corruption is known. Not clear about 2022 for the House and Senate but I see lawsuits, recounts, and audits until 2024. Hell, we may not have a House or Senate until 2024.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 12:52 AM

DL used to not tolerate complete idiots like r7, so I need to maintain that tradition. The House of Representatives cannot remove anyone from office. It can impeach with a simple majority, sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate. The Senate requires a 2/3 majority to remove from office, which is not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 12:59 AM

Trump won't run in 2024. He's just saying he will to raise more money from his sheep. He couldn't handle another loss and that's why he's trying to get back in the seditionist way.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 1:01 AM

I'm extremely happy with the way it's going for Democrats right now. They need to keep it up, though!

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 1:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!