Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A royal first as Netherlands Prime minister confirms same sex marriage for the countrys monarch is acceptable

He was discussing the issue theoretically but confirmed that if the crown princess wanted to enter a same sex marriage she could marry a woman and not be barred, blocked or prevented from becoming the monarch.

It was often assumed by many that even in this very liberal country that a monarch in a same sex marriage would be a no no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2021 8:45 PM

That's my people!

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 1:49 AM

Is he telling us NOW so that he doesn't have to tell us THEN?

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 1:50 AM

r2 Maybe!!

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 1:50 AM

Fat doesn't automatically mean lesbian nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 1:53 AM

That woman looks SO DUTCH.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 1:54 AM

Great news. Anyone have any gossip on said Prime Minister? Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 1:54 AM

They're like little houses, the two of them!

LITTLE HOUSES!

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 1:57 AM

She's half-orange, half-Latina, r5.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 1:57 AM

I like how in the clip of William further down in the BBC article, he's asked how he'd feel if one of his kids was "LGBT" and he specifically used the word gay in his reply, not the bs gobbledygook.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 1:59 AM

J'adore the Netherlands !

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2021 2:08 AM

Can she marry food though?

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2021 2:09 AM

R7, marry me.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2021 2:11 AM

r6 He is a lifelong confirmed bachelor isnt he?

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2021 2:12 AM

The queen (or king) in a same-sex marriage still needs to produce an heir. So what is the policy on pregnancy by surrogacy or adoption?

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2021 2:21 AM

The heir will probably be a sibling, niece or nephew, r14. If none of them work out, there's a long line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2021 2:33 AM

Ex-Queen Beatrix often wore interesting hats. That's a more interesting subject.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2021 2:37 AM

What’s the opposite of “butterface”?

Cause she’s quite pretty - but also rather “jolly.”

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2021 2:40 AM

Will this also be applied across the Channel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2021 3:25 AM

I wonder if she likes those balls filled with smoothly puréed meat that the Dutch love so much.

They are always so baffled when people from other countries don't care for them.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2021 3:38 AM

R15. But what if the queen (or king) in a same-sex marriage have kids either through surrogacy or adoption? If same-sex marriages are sanctioned by the monarchy and the state, then are the children from marriages eligible to be in the line of succession?

The way you answered my question above, seemed to indicate that the children of a same-sex couple would be passed over in the line of succession by a sibling, niece or nephew. That's probably not right. If the same-sex marriage is legitimate, then their children from this marriage should be legitimately in line for succession to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote] If the same-sex marriage is legitimate, then their children from this marriage should be legitimately in line for succession to the throne.

Nope.

Succession to royal thrones absolutely has to be both blood-line as well as legitimacy, or the whole concept is worthless and the idea of monarchy would have to be thrown out. Adoption is only done through legitimacy, and not through bloodline.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2021 4:37 AM

She could adopt one of her sisters' crotchfruit and it would technically be valid.

That is what some houses did sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2021 4:58 AM

Yes, r20, I believe they would be passed over, as the law stands now. Something similar used to happen a lot in the past with the illegitimate children of royals, even if they were later legitimised. For a modern example, see Prince Albert of Monaco and his many spawn.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2021 9:32 AM

If she doesn't change her diet, she isn't going to live long enough to inherit the throne, so it will be a moot point. Christ, she must to the scales already around 14 stone. What is she, all of 16?!

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 9:40 AM

Hope we do the same here in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 10:11 AM

The king looks very nice. Cute bear daddy. Nice to see a handsome Royal for a change.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2021 11:11 AM

If a child adopted by a same-sex royal couple is a disqualification to enter the line of succession, would a child born via surrogacy to a same-sex royal marriage qualify for the line of succession?

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2021 12:04 PM

R26, i wouldn’t call him handsome, but sure

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2021 12:17 PM

R27 It's only in the line of succession if it's legitimate. A legitimate child is the biological child of the monarch and their legal consort.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 12:22 PM

Holland would be nothing without the dikes.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2021 12:23 PM

She will state her borders.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2021 12:28 PM

The Crown Princess's sexuality isn't even known, but because she's husky and enjoys wood-working, people are out there making assumptions!

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2021 12:31 PM

Do they have Home Depot?

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2021 12:48 PM

Am I a bad person to want the Crown Princess to be a big, beautiful lesbian to test this new concept?

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2021 6:04 PM

What would happen if she's a lesbian is that she will inherit the title of queen, and her lesbian consort would be given some sort of title. But even if they adopted a child, or had an in vitro child, it would not be legtimate in the old sense, so the title would have to pass to her eldest sister and her eldest sister's children.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2021 7:00 PM

If a gay monarch ever assumes a European throne, they will become King or Queen, and their spouse would become prince or princess consort. Nobody is equal to the sovereign.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2021 8:50 PM

[quote]I wonder if she likes those balls filled with smoothly puréed meat that the Dutch love so much

bitterballen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2021 9:20 PM

I can't seem to get a simple answer to my questions. Every answer seems to dance around it. Does anyone know (Yes or No is sufficient with a simple reason why):

1. If it's a same-sex royal marriage, is a baby born from a surrogate in the line of succession?

2. If it's a same-sex royal marriage, is an adopted baby in the line of succession?

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2021 9:33 PM

If the prime minister can tell a monarch what to do, than that monarchy ain't worth shit.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2021 9:34 PM

No to both, R38.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2021 9:36 PM

1. No

2. No.

And you had already had both those questions answered in the posts above, r38.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2021 9:53 PM

R39 - American?

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2021 12:52 AM

Princess Pig

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2021 1:03 AM

Denmark will be the next country to give the OK for a same sex married monarch.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2021 1:21 AM

Monarchies follow blood lines. If they have to go back a few centuries or reach into other monarchies to establish the correct bloodline, they will do it.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2021 1:22 AM

The bad part about having two gays as monarch is they'll both want to be queen instead of king.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2021 4:01 PM

Awful. Further confirmation that the corrupt, godless elites running western countries have lost the Mandate of Heaven. We all live in the Weimar Republic now and we will pay dearly for it much sooner than you think. Repent.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2021 4:03 PM

Why couldn't this be the gay royal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2021 4:06 PM

And Sieg Heil to you too, r47.

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Why is this little heifer so fat?

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2021 5:16 PM

Indeed r47. If the Princess of Orange turns out to be a lesbian, that will be the downfall of western civilisation.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] 1. If it's a same-sex royal marriage, is a baby born from a surrogate in the line of succession?

[quote] 1. No.

Why not? If the surrogate is approved by the royal family, what difference does it make? Whether it's an actual wife or a surrogate, the woman is just pushing out a baby to provide an heir.

(Of course, it's absurd that we still have royals in 2021.)

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2021 5:34 PM

How much does she weigh?

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2021 5:36 PM

R52 It's not the biological child of the monarch and their spouse, it's equivalent to an illegitimate child succeeding, which has always been very rare.

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] Why not? If the surrogate is approved by the royal family, what difference does it make?

It's been explained to you above. The baby has to be the product of what would be a legitimate marriage, which means it would have to be the biological child of both the monarch AND the monarch's legitimate spouse. That's how succession works. That's not possible in a lesbian couple. It would be the biological child of one of the two but not both--the other biological parent would not be the spouse's legitimate spouse. The whole idea of bloodline succession does not recognize advances in social justice.

At this point, you're just trolling since it's already been carefully explained to you. if you whine yet again "But WHY? WHY????" then you're just wasting everyone's time.

by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2021 6:37 PM

r55, I'm sorry, it still doesn't make sense. If the monarch's family has carefully selected the surrogate and she will be impregnated by the monarch's sperm, it's basically the same as selecting a wife to bear the monarch's children.

Seriously, I don't see this as an issue.

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2021 6:41 PM

No one gives a shit about your inability to comprehend something simple and straightforward, r56.

by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2021 7:34 PM

Ok, explain to me how a wife selected for the purpose of bearing children is any different than a surrogate selected for purpose of bearing children.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2021 7:58 PM

R58, since you can't understand the difference between a mother, who is there forever, and a surrogate then there's no point trying to explain anything to you. Sorry your childhood was so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2021 9:59 PM

Mothers come in all kinds r59. MANY come in the mean and cruel variety and are most certainly NOT there forever.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2021 4:38 AM

Just ignore the troll.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2021 4:48 AM

Plus sized woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2021 6:32 AM

R26 I think King Philippe of the Belgians is more handsome.

by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2021 9:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2021 10:14 AM

To those who are worried about the line of succession: the gay monarch would have to first marry someone, have an heir and spare, then divorce them and marry his/her true love. I'm sure some aristocratic gent or lady would be happy to produce children on this basis, in the full knowledge that this was the intention.

Even currently nobody gets to divorce and take the heir away with them, so custody would not be an issue, but s/he would have the cachet of Royal marriage (which a surrogate would not), regular access to the children and no doubt some excellent forever income, plus the sweetener of being an official parent of the King or Queen when the child ascends. Handy, really, given that the child has to lose at least one parent before getting to the throne, so having three is useful.

The only other option would be complex legal change.

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2021 11:45 AM

Or you could save yourself all that bother and just let the line of succession pass to your sister after your death (or earlier: I serve at the King's pleasure).

by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2021 11:47 AM

Unbelievably ridiculous, r65.

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2021 3:45 PM

No more Dutch pancakes for you, Missy.

by Anonymousreply 68October 19, 2021 9:51 PM

Why doesn't the British royal family do this?

by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2021 9:55 PM

The Swedes are on board!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 21, 2021 12:46 PM

I was so relieved when we (UK) finally changed the law so that the first born can be the monarch. I think it was rushed through before Wills and Kate pushed out their first sprog. I'm pretty sure it would be okay here for a same-sex royal marriage too.

by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2021 12:49 PM

This in the news alongside Princess Amalia photo makes it look like she raised the issue and asked to marry a woman. Nothing wrong with that, but the press does create huge flashpoints in a fairly mundane context.

by Anonymousreply 72October 21, 2021 1:37 PM

She's a very pretty young woman under the blubber. If she trimmed down eventually and married a hit glamour lesbian they'd be all over publications everywhere. Big gay influencers reaching even the smallest villages on the planet where there are zero gay rights

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2021 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!