Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deon Estus (Wham! Bassist and singer of Heaven Help Me with a George Michael) dead at 65.

Heaven help me was a great song. I assume that Deon was family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2022 4:27 AM

Did Andrew Ridgely do ANYTHING in Wham?....No wonder GM cut him loose.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 1:29 AM

Veteran musician Deon Estus, who played bass with George Michael throughout his Wham! years and on through much of the singer's solo career, can vividly recall how the Faith tour opened. With hues of blue blasting like headlights from above, "There was a cage onstage that would open up and you would hear the organ play," the musician tells Billboard of the album's instrumental opening sequence. "I still remember the buzz. It was fantastic. Every night, I looked forward to 'Father Figure.' Once we got there, we were on fire."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 1:37 AM

I LOVE his song "Heaven Help Me." He should have had a bigger solo career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 1:41 AM

George and Deon Estus singing together in concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 1:41 AM

Thanks for posting the link to the duet...he’s adorable and love his voice. RIP sir.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 2:07 AM

Anyone know what he died from?

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 2:41 AM

Heaven Help Me is one of the greatest songs from the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 2:16 AM

Heaven Help Me is a classic George Michael tune.

65? Damn, we are old.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 2:20 AM

That’s sad. I remember him from all the Wham! videos.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 2:25 AM

I loved that song.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2021 4:00 AM

This is terrible to hear. I loved Heaven Help Me. Didn't realize he was that old.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2021 4:02 AM

Heaven Help Me is a beautiful song. It's held up well and doesn't sound dated, unlike so many songs from the 80s.

In fact most of George Michael's music had held up well and doesn't sound "80s" which is quite a feat.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote] Did Andrew Ridgely do ANYTHING in Wham?....No wonder GM cut him loose

Yeah! I once heard it said the Estus contributed more to Wham! than Andrew did.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2021 5:23 AM

More than Andrew? But George's collaboration with Andrew was artist genius!

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2021 8:27 AM

Has anyone read what was the cause of Deon’s death?

by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2022 3:46 AM

Would like to know Deon’s cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 2:54 AM

I had no idea that Deon Estus of "Heaven Help Me" was a Black man! I love the song.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2022 4:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!