Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot CEO of Hasbro is DEAD to me

NEW YORK (AP) — Brian Goldner, who as CEO and chairman spearheaded Hasbro’s transformation from a toy company to an entertainment force, has died. He was 58.

The announcement Tuesday came two days after the Pawtucket, Rhode Island, company said Goldner was taking a medical leave of absence.

Hasbro did not give a cause of death, but Goldner disclosed in August 2020 that he had been undergoing treatment for cancer since 2014.

Goldner, who joined Hasbro in 2000, served as the CEO of Hasbro Inc. since 2008, and as chairman since May 2015.

Under his stewardship, Hasbro expanded beyond toys and games into television, movies, digital gaming and other areas. That strategy culminated with the 2019 acquisition Entertainment One Ltd., a British entertainment company that produces “Peppa Pig,” "PJ Masks” and other animated shows for preschoolers.

Goldner also served on the board of ViacomCBS.

Marc Rosenberg, a toy consultant who closely worked closely with Goldner as a marketing executive at Hasbro 15 years ago, said that Goldner was always interested in telling a story about toys and went to the archives to pull out such brands as My Little Pony, Transformers and the Littlest Pet Shop.

“His idea was to take brands that had been sitting dormant and reimagine them," he said. “He always said you have to have a story arc, whether it is toys or movies.”

When Hasbro announced Goldner's medical leave, it said that Rich Stoddart, most recently the lead independent director of the company's board, had been appointed as interim CEO. Stoddart was previously CEO at marketing company InnerWorkings Inc. and Leo Burnett Worldwide. He has served on Hasbro’s board since 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2021 10:36 AM

He was a handsome guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 12:34 AM

I think it was Miss Scarlett, in the Conservatory, with the Lead Pipe.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 2:04 AM

Handsome guys die too?

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 2:07 AM

Hot? Handsome? Not really.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 2:27 AM

He was all-right-looking. Maybe the floppy hairdo made him more attractive.

Cancer is a cunt. I know a guy who died rather suddenly after being diagnosed recently. Fucking cunt disease I hope we can conquer it.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 2:43 AM

Family?

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 2:52 AM

Yikes, he was hideous.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 2:55 AM

That guy is pretty much the opposite of hot. But, as they say? To each their own, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 2:57 AM

He had a he man sized dick.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 2:59 AM

Hasbroken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2021 3:33 AM

Adult men who work in the toy industry are stunted. Sorry he died early, though.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2021 3:37 AM

He has joined the Angels...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2021 3:38 AM

What if you work in children's underwear? Does that make you a perv?

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2021 3:56 AM

Fuck it. I didn’t know Hasbro was based in Pawtucket.

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2021 4:21 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2021 4:26 AM

He was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 51.

Get those exams, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2021 5:01 AM

r15=moron

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2021 9:40 AM

Wow. Until now, I thought Hasbro was an Asian based toy manufacturer.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2021 10:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!