Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Looks like Carl Nassib is playing for a nasty homophobe

Emails show Vegas Raiders Coach Jon Gruden frequently used homophobic, sexist slurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 19, 2021 4:40 PM

Well, at least "homophobic" was put first, for once.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2021 12:25 AM

Is he a man of faith and this not really who he is?

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2021 12:28 AM

Why do we assume we have the right to see other people's emails? What if we all looked at the private messages of the average DLer?

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2021 12:34 AM

I agree it's pretty fucked up. Is it because it's a workplace investigation that they can look at them?

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2021 12:37 AM

“But league officials as part of a separate workplace misconduct investigation that did not directly involve him have found that Gruden, now the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders, casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language over several years to denigrate people around the game and to mock some of the league’s momentous changes.

He denounced the emergence of women as referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of players protesting during the playing of the national anthem, according to emails reviewed by The New York Times.

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football,” the sports network’s weekly prime-time telecast of N.F.L. games. In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “faggot” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.“

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2021 12:37 AM

Is it sad that I'm not surprised? This guy cannot last with 80% of the locker room being black and with the first openly gay player. And he didn't just say "faggot." Maybe he could have explained that as a nasty habit he picked up in the football world. He was flat out against drafting gay men to play. How can that POS stay? I would demand a trade if I were Nassib. It would probably work out for him better anyway considering that the Raiders are on their way to the usual shit season.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2021 12:39 AM

Of course the DC team is somehow involved in this.

People seem to think their work emails are a good space for personal comments. They aren’t. They can get caught up in any lawsuit involving your office and then there will be a bunch of (very tired and bored) lawyers reading your personal emails as an exciting break between dry and boring Excel spreadsheets and revenue reports.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2021 12:42 AM

If he's smart he won't say a word about it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2021 12:43 AM

True. No expectation of privacy in work emails. R8, he can't not say a word about it. Many black players are already pissed about the Smith email, and now he's pulling gays and women into this. No doubt there are emails insulting every ethnicity and religion that isn't European and Christian.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2021 12:48 AM

R4, a good rule of thumb in the Internt era, and probably always, is never put anything in writing or allow your photo to be taken if you are not prepared to see it “in the newspaper”.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2021 12:48 AM

R3, they were work emails.

I feel bad for Nassib and also for the black guys who have to work with this racist SOB

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2021 12:51 AM

Some of his emails were sent from his personal account, but were replies to a guy using his business account, so they were picked up in the workplace investigation.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2021 12:52 AM

This just shows you what gay players are up against

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 12:53 AM

So..... are we supposed to be shocked by this?

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2021 12:54 AM

Have always heard bad things about Gruden. Guess those things turned out to be true

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2021 12:54 AM

[quote] Allen and Gruden also mocked Caitlyn Jenner, who received an award from ESPN in 2015 after she transitioned.

Well, I guess he isn’t all bad.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 12:57 AM

R16, just shows the kind of person you transphobes are siding with. Dumb Trumpster bigots

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 1:06 AM

Another scumbag coach/player/owner/whatever. He should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 1:10 AM

They just fired him

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2021 1:11 AM

I wonder if he said anything homophobic to Carl

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2021 1:11 AM

Athletes, military, etc. want to be surrounded by exquisite specimens of machismo. No sex is allowed, but the constant closeness and taboo is intoxicating for them.

When a real homo enters the mix (or a woman), it's like throwing cold water on their wet dreams.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 1:17 AM

Glad he's going. As an added bonus, maybe the team will get better. I doubt he said anything to Carl's face after he knew that he's gay. Of course, as an NFL player in his 6th year, I'm sure Carl heard homophobic bullshit all day, every day before he came out.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2021 1:18 AM

Adam Schefter with the breaking news on MNF that Jon Gruden is resigning as Raiders head coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 1:21 AM

Glad he’s done. No broadcast work for him either.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 1:24 AM

Jon Gruden signed a 10-year, $100M contract in 2018 to become the #Raiders coach.

He ends up staying for just 3+ years, finishing with a record of 22-31 with no playoff appearances and no winning seasons.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 1:26 AM

Gosh, I wish I knew what all these words meant!

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 1:28 AM

For the purposes of my Fantasy Football league, I hope this cripples the Raiders for the rest of the season.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] I hope this cripples the Raiders for the rest of the season.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 1:30 AM

He also swapped topless photos of Washington cheerleaders with Bruce Allen. Two princes among men.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2021 1:30 AM

I'm not that interested in the game tonight, but I am going to watch halftime, because they're going to be covering all this.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2021 1:32 AM

The part that the NYT points out is that 70% of professional football players are black. That racist shit especially sinks him.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2021 1:33 AM

No, the racist shit has been out for over a week and friends and former (black) colleagues were defending him. It's the new homophobic and misogynistic shit that's sinking him.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2021 1:36 AM

Bye, bitch

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 1:57 AM

"No, the racist shit has been out for over a week and friends and former (black) colleagues were defending him"

Not all black people are defending him, the vast majority want him gone

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 1:57 AM

Not any longer! Coach just resigned.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2021 2:00 AM

His statement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2021 2:04 AM

On Reddit I said it was anti-gay, not anti-LGBTQ since he didn’t mention lesbians, bisexuals, or Questioning. And now I’m getting downvoted.

I found out later there were some insults about Caitlin Jenner so I guess there was some anti-T in there too.

Both the NYT and ESPN also said it was homophobia not anti-LGBTQ as well.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2021 2:04 AM

hope the new coach plays carl more, he's been in form this season but not seeing a lot of action.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2021 2:04 AM

I was reading comments on other sites, and some people wondered why NFL officials aren't ordering an examination of other team's work email accounts to see if the problems are league-wide.

I don't actually think they'll do that, but there must be a lot of coaches and admin people furiously deleting emails tonight and praying that there is no system where all emails are automatically archived and stored.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2021 2:07 AM

i hope carl had a crisis management team around him. this isn't anything he has done but he will get non stop questions about this and it will be important to answer well.

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2021 2:08 AM

R39 the league won't because they don't want to fire all the head coaches

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2021 2:08 AM

The Carl haters are pathological.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2021 2:10 AM

haha BYE bigot! So glad he's gone

so he's a misogynist, racist and homophobe. What a lovely combo

so many horrible white hetero boomers need to removed from positions of influence and authority

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2021 2:13 AM

Poor baby. He just finished building a 4.5 million dollar mansion in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2021 2:14 AM

Now he's saying he resigned.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2021 2:15 AM

Damn, I'm not so dumb after all.

Not that anybody gives an At's Rass what I ever had to write, but still, I never put anything in pen or pencil and paper I didn't want repeated or disseminated.

I sure as hell never put anything in a personal or work email that wasn't dry as tumbleweeds.

It's not complicated.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2021 2:17 AM

Carl didn't play in the game. I wonder if Gruden was behind it.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2021 2:32 AM

I thought the bears finally beat a good team yesterday, I guess not

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2021 2:48 AM

He did play, R47, but only had 12 snaps, which is crazy since he's been playing at the level of Maxx and Yannick (the starters) in the first 4 games this season. I was wondering why his snaps were reduced after some really good plays.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2021 2:58 AM

Is it more than coincidence that this happens on the team with the first and only out gay player?

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2021 3:32 AM

But ultimately isn’t it the RACE thing that did him in?

Race as main course, thé rest just disposable add-ins

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2021 3:38 AM

That a 58 year old NFL coach said mysoginistic, homophobic and racist things - I mean, hell, almost all of the coaches would be fired.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be punished, but this bullshit macho prejudice is woven into football culture.

I'm glad he got caught but this isn't surprising. Plenty of people COVERED for him for decades. He didn't just start saying this shit. It was normal and everyone was cool with it.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2021 3:51 AM

He's seriously dumb to put that stuff in emails. And he's been crap as a coach for the last 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2021 3:55 AM

Buh bye white trash. Good luck find another job in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2021 4:46 AM

"Carl Nassib" was a trending topic on Twitter tonight

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2021 6:26 AM

He made $30 million in the last 3 years. He's gonna be fine.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2021 8:11 AM

This is what I imagine work emails of any white, straight entitled executive to look like. Drunk on power and no regard for others.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2021 8:29 AM

Only the morons, R57. And calling his boss a faggot and other names was really ingenious.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2021 8:34 AM

It was racist too. Why no mention of all the racism?

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2021 8:37 AM

CNN's Don Lemon gave this a lot of coverage last night.

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2021 9:18 AM

Thanks R49. I kept looking for him, so I must have missed the 12 snaps that he was on the field. ☹️

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2021 12:58 PM

Gruden is pretty hot looking and very muscular.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2021 1:00 PM

R62: here’s one for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2021 2:23 PM

He's always reeked of being a white trash bigot. So glad he got fired. Raiders fans are the worst. They are like ex-prison population

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2021 2:40 PM

Hot, muscular and strong looking, R63. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2021 2:41 PM

[quote]Is it more than coincidence that this happens on the team with the first and only out gay player?

Given that the emails were sent before Nassib joined the Raiders, probably so.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2021 3:41 PM

r66, they may have been written and sent before Nassib joined the Raiders, but the release to the media occurred after.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2021 3:55 PM

The release to the media had more to do with Goodell being pissed at the shit Gruden said about him than anything else. Obviously, the NFL isn't releasing other NFL staff emails with (I'm sure) equally horrible banter. Gruden would not have felt comfortable sending these types of emails without some very receptive ears.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2021 8:19 PM

Better to beat up a woman than write a nasty e-mail about her.

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2021 12:13 AM

NFL leaked Gruden's emails to get rid of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2021 12:17 AM

Ultimately the black media will make it a totally racial issue, disregarding the gays and women:

The question we should be asking is not really [about] the existence of the e-mails, but what is the culture in the NFL, period," said Jemelle Hill, a contributing writer for The Atlantic. "And this culture has existed since the very inception of the NFL... It's about all the people he was emailing. And people realize that he was emailing back and forth... So if this is the pervasive attitude, if this is the group think in the NFL, black people don't have a chance of being in leadership in the NFL at all because this is not just about Jon Gruden."

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2021 12:23 AM

This isn't good. This shit show obviously affected him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2021 6:42 PM

Nassib voted for exactly this when he voted for Trump.

Who does he think makes up America's Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2021 6:46 PM

This is just a simple misunderstanding about a very fine coach and we shouldn't even pay attention to it because we love football and we love that there's a gay football player and football is gay and all that you know because yay.

by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2021 7:04 PM

Maybe he just wanted to avoid the hoards of reporters who would harass him. This is irrelevant, since Gruden was 'fired" for his racial comments, not his homophobic or misogynistic ones. Anti-black remarks are the only ones that can get one fired.

by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2021 7:12 PM

He uses Trump's deplorable hair stylist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2021 7:17 PM

The anti-black remark didn't get Gruden fired. That remark leaked a week ago and they still let him coach last Sunday's game. When the NFL (that obviously wanted Gruden gone) saw that this racist remark didn't do the trick, they released the homophobic and sexist emails. I think that the Raiders GM said it best: Nassib is a community of 1. The black players have each other and are 80% of the team. He has himself. Can't be easy.

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2021 7:19 PM

R77 is correct. On Sunday many of Gruden's friends and former colleagues came out and supported him. The next day, more emails were released.

And this anti-Nassib freak needs to move on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2021 7:44 PM

[quote] this anti-Nassib freak

You mean the dozens on Datalounge and the thousands in real life who don't give a shit about a closet Republican homo playing football, you dumb asslicking GOP MAGAt FAGAt?

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2021 7:51 PM

If you, or your hypothetical dozens of people, didn't give a shit, you wouldn't be posting so often or in such unhinged language. Duh. Please just keep scrolling.

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2021 8:05 PM

Just to piss you off you, ass-licking MAGAt whore. Poor OP (admittedly of multiple fawning Nassib threads) is butthurt because we're not all lavishing praise on a Republican gay football player as if he's the new Rosa Parks.

Poor little bitch is butthurt, butthurt, butthurt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2021 8:16 PM

Block him, r80. This asshole is on every Nassib thread posting dozens of hateful messages and he keeps coming back. The threads are so much better without seeing his posts.

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2021 8:36 PM

R82; Butthurt!

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2021 8:37 PM

Also, the fact that these homophobic, racist misogynist emails were flying around staff communications for months -if not years- also, him undoubtedly saying such things in-person, and everyone knew about it - just proves that they were all complicit for a long time.

Suddenly, the Raiders are woke and PC, when they allowed this for months or years and everyone knew about it. Nassib is a mere pawn in this late shift.

by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2021 9:22 PM

And? Carl votes and supports the party of Trump. Just remember, in 2016 that party could remove anti-Russian items from the platform, but didn’t dare touch their definition of marriage as between a man and woman, ONLY.

So since Carl puts his money before principles, I say working under a homophobe is poetic Justice. Make that money Carl and thanks for coming out! The Raiders knew about this issue long ago and were all to pleased to have Carl in their back pocket as cover for the day these came out. Watch him support his coach.

by Anonymousreply 85October 13, 2021 9:37 PM

He's no longer his coach, you half-wit. You all seriously make it seem like he devoted a year of his life making campaign speeches for Trump. He just came out and has his first open relationship with a BLM supporter. Some of us a willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is on some kind of journey of self-discovery. And yes, I acknowledge that most of us are willing to do so because of what he looks like.

by Anonymousreply 86October 13, 2021 9:50 PM

Yes, R85, he supports his FORMER coach so much that he had to take a personal day today to process the shit that went down. Fuck off, asshole

by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2021 9:59 PM

R86 I give children and teenagers the benefit of the doubt, not grown ass men pushing 30. He has a college degree and millions in the bank, he has the resources to be informed yet he not only registered as a Republican in FL but during his recent move to NV. His voting patterns say a lot about who he is as a person and what morals he obviously lacks.

So what he fucks a BLM supporter. Carl still has one vote in many up and down allot races, yet based on his registration he prefers to align himself with the anti-gay Republican Party. Fuck him!

by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2021 10:01 PM

R87 I made a mistake on that front but this personal day stuff is for his PR team to prepare for his eventual interviews along with the Raiders and NFL. You all are fools if you didn’t think this was pre-orchestrated by the NFL. Not to say Carl was aware, but he is aware that he has a part of play in the NFL’s PR spin.

The NFL released the emails, the Raiders had the right player on their team to give cover for the coaches gay issues. This is why they were over the top supportive of him when he came out a few months ago and kept him on their rosters. They have plenty of ball players to cover the race front. No one gives a shot about the Trans/Jenner hits. Carl will be on ESPN or some morning show, milking this for his brand by next week.

He will be sure to say how supportive the Raiders are and how proud he is of the NFL to release these emails. Then he’ll pivot to how hard it is to be gay in sports and talk about how he wants to inspire the youth.

Meanwhile, a rep form the NFL, the Raiders, and Carl’s PR will be standing off camera refreshing Twitter feeds on the sidelines to see how this plays.

The NFL and Raiders intentionally put Carl in their corner knowing eventually this would come out. His day off is probably to take it all in, but you know the NFL is handelivering talking points to their new golden boy I mean, cover. It’s all PR.

I don’t begrudge him for doing this but he’s not a kid and this is how the game is played. You all sitting her crying for poor Carl are just falling into the PR machine.

by Anonymousreply 89October 13, 2021 10:11 PM

When it comes down to it, aren't we all just cogs in that giant machine that exists to run Carl Nassib's PR?

by Anonymousreply 90October 13, 2021 10:19 PM

WW R88!!!

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2021 10:25 PM

`R89, we got it. You don't like him. Move on and post on threads dedicated to the perfect people you do like. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 92October 13, 2021 10:33 PM

R92 Nassib shill troll.

by Anonymousreply 93October 13, 2021 10:42 PM

Yes, I'm sure his shills have nothing better to do than troll this useless forum, R93. We fucking get it. You don't like him. It will not change others' opinion of him no matter how many times you tell us that he voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 94October 13, 2021 10:44 PM

R94 voted for Trump twice, too, like Nassib.

by Anonymousreply 95October 13, 2021 10:56 PM

OP, R92, R94 etc. = [bold] BUTT. HURT. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 96October 13, 2021 11:00 PM

Nope - wrong, R95. Voted for Hillary then Biden like a good Dem. Still refuse to vilify a guy who has not said one word about his political affiliation even if his judgement is questionable. I also have no idea where he's at politically right now. People are complex creatures and, believe it or not, they can even change their minds.

by Anonymousreply 97October 13, 2021 11:03 PM

Gruden's son Deuce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Another of fireplug Deuce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2021 12:16 AM

Is the son a Proud Boy member of the Lollipop Guild chapter?

by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2021 12:25 AM

Gruden is worse than I thought. He named his midget son, Deuce? OMG!

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2021 12:31 AM

Carl Nassib?

Carl Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2021 12:38 AM

Gruden always makes faces like Carl is fucking his butt.

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2021 12:45 AM

R103.

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2021 12:56 AM

Guys! The real issue here is what happened to Dan Abrams???? He used to be hot!!

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2021 1:02 AM

R105.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2021 1:12 AM

Well he kinda is a little shit R101.

by Anonymousreply 107October 14, 2021 1:23 AM

Deuce (lol) is officially listed as 5'6", is a conditioning coach, and is keeping his job. He has, however, deleted his Instagram account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 14, 2021 1:49 AM

Apparently, poor Deuce used to work in the same role for his uncle, Jay Gruden, .who coached the Washington (then) Redskins. Jay was fired due to the Redskins' shit record (0-5). Getting fired is a Gruden family pastime.

by Anonymousreply 109October 14, 2021 1:57 AM

R29- If The Washington cheerleaders didn't want their tits ogled they wouldn't have posed nude.

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2021 2:12 PM

R44- Gruden has made many times that over the years- He'll be fine. 4 mil in Vegas isn't exactly a palace.

by Anonymousreply 111October 19, 2021 3:16 PM

R110, they didn't pose nude. Apparently some photographers who worked for the WFT were asked to go backstage at a photo shoot of the cheerleaders and take "candid" photos without the cheerleaders' permission. This is one of the reasons that they investigated that team.

by Anonymousreply 112October 19, 2021 4:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!