Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WTF is wrong with Kerry? And WTF is the matter with Biden appointing him to anything.

Global warming, or climate change as the right-wing would have us call it (roll eyes), is too important to have a fool like Kerry handling it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 11, 2021 10:42 PM

I saw this and felt the same OP.

Elder gays, tell me about Kerry’s failed candidacy. Is he not an effective politician? He doesn’t seem to be….

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2021 4:08 PM

Absolutely agree OP.

Was stunned by Kerry’s appointment.

He is an ogre. Not to mention coddled by extreme wealth jet-setting here, there, and everywhere on private planes while preaching to the general populace about the dangers of climate change.

Can you spell hypocrisy? Many thousands of tons of CO2 which are spewed into the atmosphere thanks to John’s luxurious lifestyle can.

He is one of the most rude, arrogant and clueless people in politics.....and that’s a very low bar atm given Trump and his treasonous ilk.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2021 4:14 PM

Boris thread trying to stir up trouble among gullible people likely to vote for Democrats. Kerry served in Vietnam and came back and said it was a pointless war. He also brokered the Iran deal to stall them from developing nuclear weapons that Trump immediately came in and shat all over. He knows what he's doing so fuck off OP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2021 4:21 PM

R3 No, Kerry is a blatant smug hypocrite with the private planes and homes inches from the water, while preaching to the plebs about climate change.

Your "Boris" thing is tired and has no meaning. The troll is you.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2021 4:27 PM

Who cares? I’ll be dead and have no nephews or nieces I give a shit about.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2021 4:31 PM

[quote] Boris thread trying to stir up trouble among gullible people likely to vote for Democrats. Kerry served in Vietnam and came back and said it was a pointless war. He also brokered the Iran deal to stall them from developing nuclear weapons that Trump immediately came in and shat all over. He knows what he's doing so fuck off OP.

YOU are the troll, R3.

Dems are NOT a cult. They don’t march in lock-step and deny/accept unacceptable behavior.

Kerry is unacceptable. Full. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2021 4:32 PM

People like Kerry is what is wrong with the DP. With friends like him who needs enemies?

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2021 4:43 PM

Kerry supported Iran carrying out forced “gender confirmation” surgeries on gay men when was Obama’s SOS.

Obama and Kerry are evil fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 4:57 PM

Where is the concern about Biden putting kids in cages separate from their parents cages? That was the outrage of the century when Trump was doing it.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2021 4:59 PM

Can you start your own thread r9? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2021 5:03 PM

R6, he called OP a troll, and OP is very much a troll, one of the many people who post about hating Democrats, Biden and Meghan Markle. This was meant to be a troll thread.

Maybe you're not a troll, who knows, I don't care enough to find out honestly, but R3 is right, this IS a troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2021 5:06 PM

R3 here again. This is meant to be a troll thread and I guess I struck a nerve. These kinds of threads are started to lay the groundwork to depress likely Democratic voter turnout in 2022 and beyond. Are all Democrats perfect? Fuck no. But OP/Boris/GQP operative knows that people can be persuaded to not vote a certain way because they don't like someone's personality. It worked for Obama and Hillary and now they're trying to throw everything they can at Biden. Why? Because they KNOW his agenda is popular with the majority of American people.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2021 5:14 PM

Could there literally be anything worse that being a republican? Or a gay republican? The queens of climate deniers. They don't stand for anything really

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2021 5:32 PM

- Are all Democrats perfect? Fuck no. -

Yup r3 You got that right. That's why people like Kerry should not have been g invited to be in the Dem leadership. We can better, far better.

Glad you're getting it ol'timer. Try to focus more on the substance of the issues and less tilting at troll and Boris windmills.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2021 7:08 PM

No sweetie R14, not an old timer here but nice try. You need get a better understanding of how the government works and realize that having people who have experience and institutional knowledge in positions of power is a good thing. Or we can just get some fool like Nina Turner to run the government.

And one doesn't have to be sitting in one of Vlad's troll farms in St. Petersburg to be pushing out the same bullshit Boris propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2021 9:08 PM

You reveal your Boris identity each and every time you refer to the Democratic Party as "DP", R7. Cut it out! Your immature attempt to relate double penetration to the Democrats is neither clever nor opaque. Enough of your bull shit.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2021 9:35 PM

He’s really good at finding rich women to marry. Maybe he could become a yenta.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2021 9:46 PM

&people who have experience and institutional knowledge in positions of power is a good thing. &

No doubt. And that's pathetic Kerry for ye who no doubt looks decades younger than your age and is senile before your time? No wonder the DP gets Conned at the polls when it's the Cons who should be getting DPed.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2021 10:10 PM

Kerry’s fine. He was a good Secretary of State and very knowledgeable about climate change.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2021 10:21 PM

Thanks Theresa @ r19 but shouldn't you be picking tomatoes somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote] Kerry’s fine.

I know someone who works with politicians and celebrities on a regular basis.

Everyone from Madonna to Prince William to yes, even, Trump.

Of all the people they have had to deal with, John Kerry has been the absolute worst: shouting obscenities, accusing staff of nonsensical things, refusing to do what is asked of him, gossiping regularly, posing unreasonable demands, even threatening to hit an aid worker.....

From these repeated interactions, Kerry is NOT “fine”.....he is malevolent.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 6:03 AM

His ketchup brings all the boys the yard.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2021 9:22 AM

To the^

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 9:23 AM

One of my favorite Kerry stories came from the 2004 campaign. John and Elizabeth Edwards always made a big deal of going to Wendy’s for their anniversary because that’s where they met or went to eat on their first date or something. Anyway, Kerry went with them to Wendy’s on the campaign trail and was apparently shocked and appalled when the Edwards actually ate what they ordered because Kerry had thought it was all something a con to make them look like regular folks. Apparently Kerry had a habit of ordering food to go at Midwestern diners and state fairs on the campaign trail and then giving the food to aides while he’d have a nice fancy catered meal waiting for him back at the hotel.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 10:31 AM

Only neoliberal dems with stock portfolios like him. That is boomer+. Kerry was finished last century.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 11:08 AM

I love the whole "you have to dress in rags and travel by donkey if you care about climate change" thing. Like the only choice we have is to be renunciate or a steak-eating, SUV-driving, water-waster.

Get a new talking point.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 11:14 AM

[quote] I know someone who works with politicians and celebrities on a regular basis.

[quote]Everyone from Madonna to Prince William to yes, even, Trump.

[quote]Of all the people they have had to deal with, John Kerry has been the absolute worst

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read in my life. I'm literally embarrassed for the fuckwit who posted this.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 11:18 AM

Stop being cultists. We can hate John Kerry and republicans at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 11:21 AM

R5 Party on, dude.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2021 11:26 AM

Kerry is the Democratic candidate that included gay rights front and center in his platform. Hence gays received a backlash when he lost.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2021 11:50 AM

[quote] We can hate John Kerry and republicans at the same time.

You sound like a young Obama circa 2004. Are you also going to blame gay men for ruining the nation’s hopes as he did in 2004?

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2021 11:55 AM

R30, And now he is supporting forced castrations of gays in Iran..

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote] or climate change as the right-wing would have us call it

Uh, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 1:06 PM

If Hillary got Kerry's numbers in the white working class, she'd have won all the midwestern states she lost.

Someone on this thread really hates ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 2:19 PM

No no no silly r33. The right-wing changed global warming to climate change not because they think it's stopped warming but because global warming implies blame ( to them natch).

Climate change implies, you know like the ice Age , slowly ending through no fault of ours (theirs).

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote] Of all the people they have had to deal with, John Kerry has been the absolute worst: shouting obscenities, accusing staff of nonsensical things, refusing to do what is asked of him, gossiping regularly, posing unreasonable demands, even threatening to hit an aid worker.....

Summary: I heard 30th hand that Kerry is mean so he mustn't know anything about climate change.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2021 5:06 PM

Kerry is far too old to be handling climate change. We need fresh blood. These ancient a-holes are all too chummy chummy and that includes Biden with the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2021 5:11 PM

You do not need to be an expert on global warming for this job. No more than the average informed guy. You have a staff. I haven't seen anything about Kerry being such an expert anyway. Have you.

What is needed is good sense, leadership, and diplomacy. OP shows Kerry has none of these.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2021 5:46 PM

Yes, what does a former Secretary of State and US Senator know about international relations? Clearly OP is much more informed because he's a hate-poster on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2021 6:09 PM

I don't like how he spells his name, where's the pig's blood?

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2021 6:10 PM

Replace.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2021 7:31 PM

This was supposed to Jay Inslee's job.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2021 7:38 PM

Kerry's job is to convince other governments, not to convince average people.

He's a good policy wonk who is admired by other governments, particularly since he's a tall, rich white guy.

He's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote] who is admired by other governments

Just the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote]I love the whole "you have to dress in rags and travel by donkey if you care about climate change" thing. Like the only choice we have is to be renunciate or a steak-eating, SUV-driving, water-waster.

No one is saying that. Only you.

The fact is, truly tackling climate change would require deep sacrifices

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2021 8:04 PM

Trolls all over this thread are saying just that. "Why is he traveling by PLANE HUNHHHH???" Only on the Tucker Carlson Show is that a checkmate.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2021 8:12 PM

The planet will survive. Humanity won't - nor should it.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] He's a good policy wonk who is admired by other governments, particularly since he's a tall, rich white guy.

As R44 noted, Kerry is not admired abroad. More like reviled.

There are many other “tall, rich, white guys” who are far more knowledgeable, not complete hypocrites nor total assholes who could easily replace Kerry.

[quote] He’s perfect......

......to luxuriate in his wife’s $$$$$$$$$ and then NOT fly around in his luxurious private planes to lecture the public about the risks of climate change.

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2021 10:09 PM

Ironically those complaining that Kerry is flying on a plane are the ones denying climate change.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote] to luxuriate in his wife’s $$$$$$$$$ and then NOT fly around in his luxurious private planes to lecture the public about the risks of climate change.

He doesn't really lecture the public about climate change. That's not his job. His job is to negotiate with other governments.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote] There are many other “tall, rich, white guys” who are far more knowledgeable, not complete hypocrites nor total assholes who could easily replace Kerry.

So?

Kerry is likely to be more effective because the other countries already know him from when he was Senator and Secretary of State. Why reinvent the wheel?

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote] the other countries already know him

That's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2021 10:19 PM

[quote] Why reinvent the wheel?

Analogy doesn’t work, R51. Kerry is not the wheel in this analogy. He doesn’t move smoothly. Others abroad hate him.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2021 10:20 PM

People who have this seething hatred for bland, milquetoast, centrist characters like Kerry are fascinating. Did he hurt you? Are rich republican politicians who fly all over the world in luxury OK because they deny climate change? Such a strange hill to die on.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2021 11:06 PM

How did Kerry get it? Who lobbied Biden?

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2021 12:03 AM

Get what?

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2021 12:06 AM

[Quote] This was supposed to Jay Inslee's job.

R42 How did Kerry get it? Who lobbied Biden? I'll give you my theory later :)

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2021 12:06 AM

We're all breathless with antici.....pation.

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2021 12:09 AM

R8 sides with Republicans who support "ex-gay" therapy

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2021 12:11 AM

R48, he is not "reviled" abroad, most people outside the US don't even know who he is

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2021 12:12 AM

Most people *inside the US don't know who he is. They know his wife's last name.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]Could there literally be anything worse that being a republican? Or a gay republican?

I am a lovely "lady" Republican.

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]Get what?

It!

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2021 3:14 AM

The almost pathological hatred of Kerry here is interesting. Spurned lover? Disgruntled fired staffer? My spidey senses tell me there's more to the story....

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]Trolls all over this thread are saying just that. "Why is he traveling by PLANE HUNHHHH???"

Those same people had gigantic shitfits when Greta traveled by small boat, so they're not exactly consistent.

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2021 4:34 PM

[Quote] pathological hatred of Kerry here is interesting.

Just for the record, since I started this topic. I don't hate Kerry. I just think he's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2021 5:00 PM

No, OP, it's really much weirder and crazier than that.

Also, you're spouting your opinion and asserting that "everyone" agrees with you. When they don't.

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2021 5:05 PM

Lol you guys ^ r67 you kill me. You actually made me lol. Ok anyhoo let's get back to the topic. Kerry: villain or moron? Go.

by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2021 5:13 PM

The same thing was posted about Obama too R27. Total bullshit of course.

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2021 5:20 PM

OP: funny-crazy or not-funny-crazy?

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2021 5:27 PM

I lived in Australia.

Kerry is known there and people dislike him.

That’s all I’ve got.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2021 6:06 PM

Biden upholding the status quo with his cabinet choices is not a surprise, people. The Democratic Party lives to serve, but it doesn't serve the general populace. Oh sure, they'll throw out a few socially liberal bones to appease those clamoring that the Party catch up to changing times, but they'll ultimately just perform a tired song and dance (sometimes with stern wording even!) then take the milqetoast route to continue propping up the status quo. The GOP is just the party of the lunatic fringe now and any old school Republicans are nothing more than prehistoric bugs trapped in amber because of it. Hopefully younger generations will move in the world differently and laugh as thes antiquated systems of governance collapse behind them.

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2021 6:14 PM

How do you know "others abroad" hate him? Who are these others? I seriously doubt you are in on insider knowledge. You know who those others hate? The anus-mouthed orange turd. They despised him and think he's a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2021 6:18 PM

Kerry has some fanatical PR people on the prowl. But then again, what else is he going to spend his wife’s money on? They already life a life of luxurious abundance.

So, makes sense to have some rabid defenders prowl the internet to scourge and condemn anyone who DARE criticize Kerry’s inappropriate behavior and questionable judgment.

After all, posters like R37 have to revert to vile epithets and whataboutism to deflect on Kerry’s deficits.

God only knows, expensive PR does not allow for any untoward opinions on the smug hypocrite, John Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2021 6:25 PM

If we were the UK, there would be a cabinet shuffle. It was DNC hack and suck-up Blinken who screwed up the Afghanistan exit. His fellow DNC hacks and suck-ups Biden appointed because they weren't stars and wouldn't take the limelight away from him: Mayorkas at HS, Garland at Justice, McDonough at Veterans' Admin. Haven't you noticed how Biden has sidelined Kamala to ensure she doesn't take the limelight away from him?

Kerry was a star. The logical cabinet appointments for State, Justice, HS, Defense were Susan Rice, Sally Yates, Beto O'Rourke and Admiral McRaven. All stars. Biden evidently suffered living in Barack Obama's shadow for 8 years and decided he'd appoint a bunch of DNC hacks so he could -finally- shine.

by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2021 6:26 PM

Oh gosh I would be so psyched to make money defending John Kerry on line. It's funny crazy hate-posters like OP and R74 assume anyone who disagrees with them has to be paid. It never occurs to them that they're just fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] Kerry is known there and people dislike him.

Same in UK, R71.

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2021 6:32 PM

[Quote] Kerry’s inappropriate behavior and questionable judgment.

Agreed r74. Slamming the president who gave him his job - as an international envoy, no less - on international tv is why I question Kerry's intelligence, competence and integrity. It was not even on a subject in his charge.

So what's Kerry doing, saying, on French tv? That he'd be a better president?

If I were Biden I'd fire him. Yes r75 a cabinet reshuffle is called for.

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote] Kerry is known there and people dislike him.

Please. Have the Australian who "dislike him" even know him?

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2021 7:13 PM

Well, I've been overhearing in hipster coffee shops that the OP is an unfuckable lunatic with a ketchup obsession. Everyone's saying it.

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2021 7:26 PM

One nice thing I’ll say about Kerry is that in a phone call in 2004 Bill Clinton advised Kerry to basically try to move to the right of Bush somehow on same sex marriage since the GOP had put it on the ballot in several states as a way to drive up their voter turnout, and after the call was over Kerry looked at his aides and said something like, “I will NEVER do that.”

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2021 10:23 PM

R74 sounds as fucking looney as the Qtards and Markle Grannies.

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2021 10:28 PM

R81, Clinton is so soulless. Gays are just pawns to him and his cunt wife.

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2021 12:00 AM

R83 his 'cunt wife'? lol who's got a soul then?

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2021 12:52 AM

[Quote] OP is an unfuckable lunatic

How very dare of you to call me unfuckable!

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2021 9:30 AM

[quote] Clinton is so soulless. Gays are just pawns to him and his cunt wife.

No, Clinton was an astute politician. Say what you need to get elected, but once you're in, use the power of the office to do good.

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2021 1:28 PM

R86, Clinton never did any good. He and Hillary destroyed the country and are the two most hated politicians in modern history along with Trump

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2021 1:54 PM

Hillary is hated? Why did she get more votes than Trump? Why did she win a New York Senate race twice? Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2021 2:14 PM

R87 ish clearly Shushan Sharandon.

by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2021 2:29 PM

Troll thread. Begone OP.

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2021 2:39 PM

Oof you try to help and this is what you get.

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2021 2:44 PM

The name Clinton is synonymous with corruption, theft, drug smuggling, murder, rape and pedophelia.

by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2021 4:55 PM

Maybe to a Qanon lunatic it is. To normal people, it's not. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]rape and pedophelia.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2021 5:08 PM

R92 left out the murder of Vince Foster by Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 95October 14, 2021 5:18 PM

R95, That’s true. The clintons did have Vince Foster killed. He was also the biological father of horse faced Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 96October 14, 2021 5:41 PM

Yes, and she also offed Rob Brown by having his plane fly into a mountain! And she lives on baby flesh in the basement of a pizza parlor! And while she isn't fucking Rob Brown, she's a lesbian! Who was fucking Huma Abedein!

Kooks.

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2021 6:02 PM

Whoa. I’m unaware of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 15, 2021 9:41 AM

Soooooooo, what has Kerry been doing at Cop26? Was the joint systems with China his handiwork? If so, clap clap.

by Anonymousreply 99November 11, 2021 9:31 PM

appointing Comma-la to take care of the Southern US border and Bootypig to Transportation Secretary ae 2 more of many blunders of this awful administration

by Anonymousreply 100November 11, 2021 9:35 PM

R100 More than your druggie draft dodging Diaper Don the Conman has done in all his life.

by Anonymousreply 101November 11, 2021 9:39 PM

R101 Get over the Trumps. Your obsession is boring and a waste of time as the Trumps do not hold any elected or tax payer supported positions in our government. Try and keep up.

by Anonymousreply 102November 11, 2021 10:35 PM

R101 and Joe is only 10 months in office and his approval rating and that of the VP dropped fast and the administration has demonstrated their ineptitude at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 103November 11, 2021 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!