Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothy Chalamet on the cover of Time Magazine

That's the thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 24, 2021 2:34 AM

On his Instagram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2021 1:40 PM

Sorry, I meant to write, Timothée Chalamet on the cover of Time Magazine. I never remember his first name isn't Timothy.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2021 1:49 PM

Too much, too soon for this guy. Backlash to follow.

I remember when people used to say that getting the cover of Time was the kiss of death for a rising actor's career because it smacked of hubris. Perhaps it's not so true anymore as so many fewer people read Time.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2021 1:53 PM

The actual story, more pictures, and video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2021 2:07 PM

The photo editor at Time clearly doesn't like Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2021 2:07 PM

It reminds me of Bruce Springsteen in 1975. Or the Beatles in 1964.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2021 2:08 PM

I'm not a particular fan of his looks, but on the other hand, there's something about him that makes me want to look at him, for some reason. I haven't really figured that out yet. It might be something about his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2021 2:14 PM

No other covers can compare to ours, I must proclaim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 2:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2021 2:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2021 2:26 PM

Thats the thread is how they speak on Reddit, OP, but NOT the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2021 2:29 PM

R11 So start your own thread. I never look at Reddit, have no idea whatthey do.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2021 2:35 PM

An androgynous boy/man who has captured the attention of people. I've only seen a couple of his movies and he's okay but I'm not crazy over him.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2021 2:43 PM

No OP, it’s Tim 0’Tay

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2021 2:45 PM

I enjoyed Call Me by Your Name, and he was very good, but not hot. I guess maybe he is to the little girls.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2021 2:46 PM

No superhero movies: translation I was turned down for superhero roles.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 8:16 AM

His chin kept slicing through the cape.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 8:24 AM

[quote] (He demurs when asked about co-star Armie Hammer, who has denied a widely publicized accusation of rape. “I totally get why you’re asking that,” he says, “but it’s a question worthy of a larger conversation, and I don’t want to give you a partial response.”)

What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 8:53 AM

r3 I'm 45 and I don't read Time. I had no idea that it still existed. I remember my parents reading it when I was a kid in the 80's, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2021 8:59 AM

[quote]Too much, too soon for this guy. Backlash to follow.

Pretty tired of him.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2021 9:00 AM

There is some conjecture that he’s looking like Judy Garland in that photo shoot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 9:33 AM

I expected more rumours out by now about how shitty of a person he is. He must have good PR people.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2021 11:30 AM

R18: It means his PR hasn’t yet given him an approved, prepared response on Armie so shut the fuck up. Another puff piece his PR has done a million times before.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 11:49 AM

R6, Definitely a George Harrison vibe.

TC could star in a biographical movie of, say, Keats.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 11:59 AM

R22: Well it’s only a matter of time before someone exposes him for the arrogant asshole that he really is.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 12:39 PM

r25 I'm surprised it's taking this long.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 12:41 PM

R25 What are some examples of his arrogant assholery? I don't know anything about this.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 4:05 PM

I still don't get him or what makes him so special. His fame seems so forced and inorganic. There's plenty of young male actors with talent who aren't in the spotlight 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 4:14 PM

He has more talent than a lot of other young male actors.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2021 4:16 PM

r28, maybe this will help. Though I'm a gay male, old enough to be his father (or, if each got an early start, his grandfather), he is of a type I've always liked, a Nice Jewish Boy. Since that's my type, I fell in love with the character of Elio long before CMBYN became a movie. Also, I've studied Italian.

When the movie version came along, I thought Timmy was absolutely perfect as Elio (Armie not so much; I'd pictured Aaron Tveit as I read the book). And I have never had any reason to change my mind about Tim O' Tay.

I don't care if the DL hive mind hates him. I can't think of another actor his age I like as much. The last actor I liked this much was Jake Gyllenhaal.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2021 4:24 PM

Different strokes for different folks. I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2021 4:30 PM

The Meryl Streep of his generation!

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2021 4:34 PM

R32 Already had to live through decades of her mediocrity. Hope he's better than that.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 4:39 PM

Molly Ringwald made the cover of Time. Just saying…

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 4:39 PM

He's Gen Z's Johnny Depp. watch. He will get overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2021 4:47 PM

R18, it means he’s smart enough to know that if he says anything of substance he’ll be hung out to dry in the court of internet opinion and that he knows how to dodge a question by expressing respect for its depth. I’m actually a bit impressed but I still don’t see what the big fuss is.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2021 4:52 PM

R36: “It means Sunshine Sachs hasn’t yet given me a bullshit response and I can’t have anything fuck up my leading man career so please stop asking me about it.” He said the same thing about Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2021 5:16 PM

Poor guy. One gay role and he'll be sneered at by the gays for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2021 5:21 PM

Why does his PR keep doing these puff pieces? They’ve done them a million times before and this one had the most hubris of them all. It will just create more backlash. Magazine covers, photo shoots, the Met Ball, Wonka set photos in the Daily Mail etc. Maybe his popularity isn’t at a level they want but his people are definitely worried about something.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote]Magazine covers, photo shoots, the Met Ball, Wonka set photos in the Daily Mail etc.

This doesn't seem like much for a person of the verge of major stardom. He starring in a few big movies and is highly in demand. What backlash are you even talking about?

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2021 10:44 PM

[quote]Well it’s only a matter of time before someone exposes him for the arrogant asshole that he really is.

When a story about this comes out, it will be met with yawns. Nobody cares enough. People are over cancel culture, unless it's something major.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2021 3:39 AM

"leading the way into the future"

O pioneer.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2021 3:44 AM

R27

Here's a tweet I just came upon.

(Though ofc it's impossible to tell how reliable this guy's account is.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2021 12:30 PM

R43: Don’t forget The French Dispatch photocall when he ignored a press aide just so he could be a photo hog and feed his own ego. I agree with the poster earlier that it’s surprising that while his PR is in overdrive nobody has exposed him for the obnoxiously ambitious asshole that he is. Remember this is a guy who said he deserved nomination for Beautiful Boy.

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote]I agree with the poster earlier that it’s surprising that while his PR is in overdrive nobody has exposed him for the obnoxiously ambitious asshole that he is.

A lot of people in the industry who make it big at his age are obnoxiously ambitious, though they may not all be assholes. It's pretty hard to reach the top without having sharp elbows. Many of these people have very pleasant and attractive public personalities but it doesn't mean all of them are nice people. They're nothing like average people because their lives are consumed with making it big/staying big.

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2021 1:15 PM

His name was already on the perfect cover, likely from the 90s:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2021 1:19 PM

You guys think he knew about Armie all along?

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 6:23 AM

R47: Yes he knew but I really don’t think he watched him rape a girl. I’m shocked his people didn’t ban Armie questions in the Time article. I understand he had to give some response albeit a lame one. If he said nothing, his silence would completely overshadow the projects he has to promote. Ratboy only cares about himself and his career so he did what he had to do.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 2:17 PM

I really didn't think Ratboy and Armie were that close.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2021 2:44 PM

R28, well, the question to ask in this case then is 'who is he fucking?' or to say 'he must give the most amazing blowjobs'

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2021 4:57 PM

R35, yeah, but first just like Johnny he'll line his pockets and buy himself an island.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2021 5:00 PM

R50: Or he's letting studio executives such his "big cock." I put that in quotations because his butt is so tiny and flat and I have a hard time believing DL's assertion that he has a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2021 10:45 PM

R23, what bothers me more regarding the article is that in an effort to "soften Tim's rough edges" they have dropped one of the things I liked the most about him, which is that he's very big on racial justice in US society. Timothee has always been very vocal defending the rights and contributions of the black community, from the people he hangs out with, his friends, to the books he reads, the people he works with, the music he listens to and the designers he wears.

All has been whitewashed to make him more palatable to a mainly mainstream white population in middle America; only mentioning his environmental credentials lest he came across too much as a 'n***** lover'

It is a big step backwards and I wonder if Tim himself has noticed or he's just going to let it slide.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2021 11:31 AM

R53 This seems like a paranoid perception that white Americans are majority racist and use the N word to describe people. White Americans love so many black actors, singers rappers, performers, musicians, sports stars, journalists, talk show hosts and politicians. These people hardly need defending by Timothee Chalamet. Many of them are way bigger than he is.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2021 2:42 PM

(In other words I don't think Tim's views or preferences need to be whitewashed to appeal to an audience that so fully embraces black culture already. This isn't 1953.)

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2021 2:44 PM

R54, R55 as much I would love that to be true, the reality is that anti-black sentiment in the US (and elsewhere too) is pretty strong. Where have you been for the past 4 years? In fact, for the past 50 years. Police brutality is still rife, POC lose their lives because they are black/brown. The industrial prison complex is still going strong and I'm sure the average American when they see a random black man or black woman do not think of them as professors at university or doctors, or curators in museums, they think of them as criminals first, or uneducated people or poor people. And I know this by speaking to African Americans and finding out what they deal with in their everyday lives.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2021 3:22 PM

[R54], [R55] as much I would love that to be true, the reality is that anti-black sentiment in the US (and elsewhere too) is pretty strong. Where have you been for the past 4 years?

Watching hundreds of thousands of white people marching in Black Lives Matter protests.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2021 3:43 PM

Merely performative, because it looks good. It doesn't translate into everyday behavioral or systemic change

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2021 3:49 PM

R58 You're changing the goalposts. The original claim was that a huge amont of Americans are racist white supremecists. Performative or not, people went on the streets in huge crowds and they don't do that if they hate black people and embrace racism.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2021 3:53 PM

No superhero movies rule? You were never offered any.

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2021 3:58 PM

R59, human behaviour is complex. There are many people who are not aware of their prejudices and/or real feelings until they are tested.

Going to a protest with thousands of other people is not a high stakes activity — there is safety in numbers

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2021 3:58 PM

r60 Timmy threw a hissy fit for months over not getting Spiderman.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2021 4:33 PM

R62 He must have been exhausted afterwards!

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2021 4:35 PM

Mr. Chalamet is shooting Wonka in London ..... and by chance I noticed that Eiza Gonzalez is publishing IG stories from London. If it weren't nonsense I would believe that those two are playing at running after each other.

by Anonymousreply 64October 17, 2021 5:12 PM

R64: She unfollowed him on Instagram..

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2021 5:18 PM

Maybe that's what they want everyone to believe ...

by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2021 5:52 PM

All I kept thinking about when I was in that pool with him was...I can do better.

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2021 5:59 PM

Who knows? Maybe they remained friends with benefits.

by Anonymousreply 68October 17, 2021 6:05 PM

Tbf, London is not exactly an obscure destination.

by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2021 6:17 PM

I just remember that last month while he was in Venice she was in Venice too. Now he is in London and coincidentally she seems to be in London too. Just coincidences? Maybe yes. Let's not trust too much, however, that they no longer follow each other on IG. Many celebrities do it to mislead stans at times.

by Anonymousreply 70October 17, 2021 6:29 PM

That whole debacle was a stunt to get her a role in the Bob Dylan film.

by Anonymousreply 71October 17, 2021 6:37 PM

R65, so? MAybe she sees him face 2 face all the time or is in contact directly by phone and thinks that keeping track of him through a PR-sanctioned fictional social media account is pointless.

by Anonymousreply 72October 17, 2021 8:35 PM

Everybody who is anybody goes to the exact SAME places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 17, 2021 8:42 PM

He has never followed her on Instagram. Even when they were in Cabo, he didn’t follow her. Now he follows nobody on his public account. I still say that the first set of photos of him with the guitar were the best and most convincing. Then they went overboard with the pool, the beach, and the coffee run in LA. Once his fraus brought up her racist past, it was over.

by Anonymousreply 74October 17, 2021 8:46 PM

R68

Yes sure...

And Timothée still goes to Madonna to get hand jobs.

It keeps her arthritis at bay.

Win-win situation.

by Anonymousreply 75October 17, 2021 8:58 PM

That was the moment I lost all respect for him. Partying and trying to get attention in the height of the pandemic. That’s when he became an overexposed product of the Hollywood PR machine and an attention seeking narcissist obsessed with his own image and ego.

by Anonymousreply 76October 17, 2021 9:03 PM

R76 And then tried to undo it all with his whining in GQ, which in itself didn't work as his entitled attitude in that profile just made him come across even worse. But just in case it is true that the Cabo photos embarrass him - here's a few of them. It's also funny how quickly his boner went down - he actually must've shot his load in his shorts.

I do find it interesting that there's still been a string of pap photos of him in NYC. You'd think an actor who actually wanted to avoid that would walk around wearing a mask. Funny how the paps manage to find the spots where he stands perfectly still. What a coincidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2021 10:18 PM

I try not to imagine his hairless balls pumping seed through his thin, pasty cock shaft and out the tight piss slit in watery drops.

by Anonymousreply 78October 17, 2021 10:28 PM

dat nasty

by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2021 11:27 PM

R75

Lol, as if on cue, he's currently hanging out with Rocco Ritchie's (former?) bestie.

by Anonymousreply 80October 18, 2021 12:05 AM

Meanwhile, the Mexican lady remains in London, according to IG ... who knows ?? between Wonka's scenes ..

by Anonymousreply 81October 20, 2021 11:51 AM

Age-progressed photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 20, 2021 12:31 PM

TimoTay, in the interview on GQ, complains of his embarrassment for the photos of Capri. But it always struck me as odd that he never referred to the Cabo stunt. Why? In terms of exaggeration, Cabo far surpassed Capri (kisses with the guitar, sex in the pool, photos on the beach and then a walk in Los Angeles). The assumptions I have made about it are different. 1- At first I thought it was an invasion of privacy, or that it was only the responsibility of Eiza who had called the paparazzi, but then on reflection it seemed to me that it could very well be a stunt agreed by both her and him to attract the attention in a time like the pandemic where the film industry was stuck. 2- If there are photos it is clear that there is also a video (especially of the sex pool) but perhaps they have managed to block it or have agreed not to disclose it. 3- At first I liked TimoTay but I begin to consider him an attention whore; maybe he doesn't talk about Cabo in GQ because it burns him even more than Capri.

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2021 9:08 AM

[quote] At first I thought it was an invasion of privacy

You're so sweet. You really thought that?... Listen, I have a bridge to sell to you....

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2021 11:22 AM

That Lil TimmyTim has become a narcissist in love with himself you can tell from his official IG. He has never been more active than in these days of DUNE promotion. He publishes stories every hour on the subject of the film.

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2021 1:05 PM

Is he publishing them or his management. I bet it’s his management running his Instagram now hence why he doesn’t follow anybody. Btw why do some celebs not follow anybody yet have lots of other celebs follow them- it seems egotistical to me.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2021 2:12 PM

His social silence after Cabo's stunt over the summer of last year was a simple damage control strategy. Maybe he hadn't foreseen the furious reaction of his stans. His official IG and Brian's have been assaulted by furious comments. Then in October on GQ he preferred to mention the photos of Capri. It is clear that for various reasons T never digested Cabo.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2021 3:23 PM

All actors are whores, Darling.

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote]Maybe he hadn't foreseen the furious reaction of his stans.

It can't be that, given they had the reaction from the stuff with LRD. He didn't mention Cabo because the travelling in a pandemic aspect on top of everything else made it utterly indefensible. Whereas with Capri he could play for sympathy with the 'think of Lily' angle.

It really amuses me how much his fangirls hate the real him.

by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2021 5:06 PM

Yes you are right. I think T wants nothing more than to make Cabo's fall forget. His generation X fan girls only see the androgynous model he's selling and they couldn't stand the real him.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2021 5:14 PM

He really is a mediocre narcissist. He’s asking on Instagram which film are you seeing first Dune or French Dispatch. I felt like saying neither.

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2021 6:42 PM

It’s his management surely.

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2021 7:04 PM

It might be his management posting on social media, but his antics at that Cannes photocall really shows he is a narcissist himself. And, after all, if he really had a problem with the tone of the social media stuff he could tell them to stop.

by Anonymousreply 93October 22, 2021 7:11 PM

R90, you really think Cabo was a reflection of T's real life, when he is in private? Bless your soul...

by Anonymousreply 94October 22, 2021 7:14 PM

Of course I think so. Or should I think he has erections on command? Resign yourself once and for all. He's a cynical narcissist but he's certainly not gay.

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2021 7:19 PM

R95: I never understood this site's obsession with his true sexuality. I don't care who he pings for or who he's fucking. He's so unattractive both inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2021 7:32 PM

R95, what his sexuality is of no concern to me, but he looks like a straight dweeb. What I was driving at is, do you really think women of Eiza's age and who look like her throw themselves at Tim? Are you serious? Women like Eiza are after something else.

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2021 7:36 PM

R97: No I agree completely. If Ratboy wasn't famous, do you really think he'd be drowning in pussy and having naive teenage girls throw themselves at him?

by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2021 7:40 PM

R94 He's not going to fake looking as ridiculous as he did in Cabo. Yes, that was the real him.

by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote]He's a cynical narcissist

Jesus fucking shitting Christ, who cares? Ok, he's a narcissist. So what? Every actor is. Now that social media allows actors and celebrities to handle their own publicity, it's even more obvious how narcissistic they all are.

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Aw, little fangirl temper tantrum

by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2021 8:08 PM

It's all good. He's an asshole and a narcissist, who will continue to have a great career like all the other assholes and narcissists in the film industry. Move on, we're bored with this.

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2021 8:19 PM

From the hysterical responses I see here it is always funny to see how, as soon as TimoTay is even criticized, his army of stans made up of teenage girls, old pussies and gays who still hope he is one of them explodes with rage.

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2021 8:35 PM

R102 Nah, you're the one who needs to move on. This ain't a fangirl site. God knows how you're going to handle the backlash which will come with the release of the Wonka film.

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2021 12:07 AM

Maybe they should put his SCRAWNY ass on the cover of Time magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 23, 2021 12:11 AM

R105

Perfect ass.

Not everyone is turned on by gym queens.

by Anonymousreply 106October 23, 2021 9:20 AM

To be fair though, he was only 22 in that photo or even younger

by Anonymousreply 107October 23, 2021 11:27 AM

His butt weirdly looks better when clothed and covered. The face is still rodenty though.

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2021 1:38 PM

The fangirls are now so insane they'll claim a flat non-existent ass as "perfect".

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2021 6:01 PM

Ach...an ass is an ass is an ass.

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2021 6:12 PM

The concave sides are less than attractive.

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2021 6:27 PM

Watch out! Don't say that or the teen fans get mad!

by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] To be fair though, he was only 22

There's nothing to be fair about. He was a full-fledged adult even back then, not a developing adolescent. His 2021 ass is almost certainly no different than his 2016 one. BTW, he was 20 in that shot.

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2021 7:27 PM

The funniest part is he claims he was working out during the pre-production period of CMBYN

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2021 7:32 PM

The only time his butt looked good was at the 2019 Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2021 7:42 PM

R115

Huge behind.

Specially on the side profile photo with Tony Shalhoub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2021 8:05 PM

If his career takes a sudden nosedive, he'd make an excellent manikin in a clothing store display window.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 23, 2021 8:46 PM

R117

That would be very Kim Catrall of him.

by Anonymousreply 118October 23, 2021 9:22 PM

I don't think his behind is all that ugly. Sure it's not fantastic looking or big and round but it has a little bit of muscle.

by Anonymousreply 119October 24, 2021 2:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!