Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should I LievTo Get A Moderna Booster?

Strictly speaking it would not be a booster, but a third shot. My seconds will be 8 months old at the end of October. I could go to CVS o me Walgreens and fake them out to get shot, but I’m not really comfortable doing that? Does anyone have any idea when a Moderna booster will be approved?

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2021 2:40 PM

I got a Moderna booster in August, no questions asked.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2021 4:27 AM

I thought it was not approved yet and they were considering a 1/2 dose as being sufficient as a booster.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2021 4:42 AM

I registered online, answering that I'd already received 2 Moderna shots, showed my card at the pharmacy and they gave me the booster. This was before anything was officially "approved", only after the Feds suggested boosters for certain groups in August.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2021 4:46 AM

Does it vary by state? Store? I tried to get my mother a booster but the pharmacy said they are just doing Pfizer now.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2021 5:08 AM

I made an appointment online, but when I got to the pharmacy (a local pharmacy, not a chain as it was the only option close-by) they told me that they weren't giving boosters yet - this was back in August. I showed them my confirmation email and after a few minutes they directed me to the vaccination area and proceeded.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2021 5:28 AM

They're giving out shots like candy on Halloween... if you want it...

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2021 10:11 AM

I read here (can't remember the thread) that the powers that be will be meeting on 10/14 to finalize the Moderna booster situation. Hopefully after that they'll open Moderna boosters for all, not just the immunocompromised. I need my boost!

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2021 10:18 AM

Does anyone here know if you experience side effects similar to the 2nd shot ( ie nausea ,fever)? Or will it be more like the 1st shot ? I will get the booster regardless but I want to schedule the timing based on whether to expect side effects.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 11:40 AM

My 85-year-old mother in Florida can’t even get Moderna booster. She keeps going into her local grocery store and pharmacy and getting turned down. Lots of her friends have gotten the shot by just saying their doctors sent them. She’s trying to get a Dr’s note now.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2021 11:51 AM

R9 That's unfortunate. I would have assumed that pharmacists would have dispensed it to an octogenarian no questions asked.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote] Strictly speaking it would not be a booster, but a third shot.

What do you think a booster is?

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2021 12:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2021 12:24 PM

Whatever you decide, do it quickly, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2021 12:28 PM

It really is just a third shot, the same as the first and second. My side effect was the same with all three - a goose egg feeling on my arm each time for about two days. I had my second Moderna in April. Then I got a third one in September. For the third one, I went to a local hospital that was having a walk-in clinic, and I knew they were concerned about not turning anyone away because in the past they had been throwing out expired doses like crazy. At first they didn't want to give me the third shot at only 5 months, but I explained very politely that I am a professor and our state is making us teach in person, and that I knew that Israel was already doing all third shots at five months. They let me do it. I also had them list my third shot on my vaccination card as well.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2021 12:52 PM

R8 My father had 3 Pfizer shots with no after effects (he's 80+). I had 3 Moderna, with a sore arm after #1, one day fever and body aches after #2, just fever after #3 but it was higher and lasted a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2021 1:52 PM

I got the booster and lied to get it! Easiest lie ever! Zero guilt! All you have to do is check a box that says you have an immuno-condition (I picked cancer--in my mind a very mild cancer that was easily treated but left my immune system slightly off.)

Anyway, they don't give a damn. A Walgreens lady told me they have a huge supply of the boosters because so few people are getting them and have to destroy them.

So get the booster!

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2021 1:58 PM

I'm R16: I had no side-effects with first Moderna shot. Slight side-effects with second. Booster was the worst, but not too bad: fever, chills and headache for about a day. Get the booster!

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2021 1:59 PM

I'm trying to play by the rules and wait for official ok to get the Moderna booster, which will likely be half the dose of the first two shots, but am tempted to head to CVS for the full-dose "third shot" now. I had slight fever and achiness after the first shot, but high fever, achiness, and rapid heartbeat for three days after the second jab. It was all worth it, and definitely better than getting COVID.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2021 2:04 PM

Your chances of dying from COVID are miniscule. I'd be more worried about all the STIs you're ignoring, your smoking and your astronomically high cholesterol. Not to mention your out of control snoring and general lack of exercise.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2021 2:19 PM

Sweden has banned moderna because of the blood clot thing

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2021 2:46 PM

R20 only in males born in 1991 or later. A study shows a slight risk of myocarditis, but points to no direct cause by the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2021 3:27 PM

Unless you are traveling or you work in retail or similar, I would wait OP.

That said, by all accounts you can schedule online at CVS or Walgreens and no one will ask you anything other than your name to confirm the appointment for all the reasons mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2021 3:30 PM

I got the moderna shots back in late winter. Is it safe to get a Pfizer booster now sine Moderna boosters aren't approved yet. I asked my doctor and he said I should wait for Moderna, but I thought posters on here may have some insight.

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2021 3:49 PM

No one knows R23

There are rumors that a new study is coming out this month that shows that mixing and matching is a good idea, but it's just that- rumors.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2021 3:55 PM

No. Just LievTo Beaver.

by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2021 8:15 PM

The FDA unanimously recommends a Moderna booster at yesterday's meeting. The booster will be for those over 65 and other at risk people. A final decision will come from them in a few days. Then we wait for the CDC to give the go ahead for the boosters to be administered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote] Should I LievTo Get A Moderna Booster?

What does this mean? Does it involve Liev Schreiber?

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote] Does it involve Liev Schreiber?

If it involves Liev Schreiber, by necessity it involves panguins.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2021 8:07 PM

It's a pity the next Bond villain is nicknamed Penguin, Benedict. Better luck next time.

Guffaww!!!

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2021 8:15 PM

Cumberbatch didn't call them "panguins". He called them "penguings".

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote] Cumberbatch didn't call them "panguins". He called them "penguings".

Liev Schreiber called them “panguins”.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2021 8:41 PM

R11

Words! Words! Words! I’m so sick of  words I get words all day through First from him, now from you Is that all you blighters can do?

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2021 8:51 PM

I inquired about getting the Pfizer booster back in September, but the pharmacy and my doctor both told me it was only available for people who are immunocompromised or over 65. I forgot to mention to the pharmacy that I'm diabetic. I'm 45 but I wonder if the diabetes would make me eligible for it now. This month will be the 8th month since I got both my initial vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2021 8:58 PM

Yes R33, diabetes is one of the underlying conditions that qualifies you for a booster shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2021 9:40 PM

This is all so weird. Don't Americans have electronic medical records that the vaccination centres can look up or have already been notified about?

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2021 10:17 PM

Just booked my moderna booster via cvs.com no questions asked

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2021 11:06 PM

I tried to book a Moderna booster with Walgreens and it's still only for those with special issues.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2021 12:16 AM

This is what CVS says on their website about Moderna & J&J boosters, so I don't see how you could have booked an appointment for a Moderna.

[quote] CVS Health® is awaiting guidance from the CDC on a possible COVID-19 booster shot for select recipients of the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines. Check back for details.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2021 12:18 AM

Just lie and get it, sooner or later they'll send them to Uzbekistan and everyone will be crying that they can't get one.

The eldergay told them he had HIV and got one, he has severe heart failure and the first place, CVS(do we see a pattern here?), said that's not a condition, he takes Entresto, that should be reason enough.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2021 1:29 AM

Y'all the vibe is important, just call in and get the vibe when you ask if a booster shot is avail. If the answer sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through, try another. I called in costcos and they were like: "uh umm yeah", " you have to have specific condition," "you have to be here ASAP tho". I hightailed my ass to Sam's when the Sam's pharmacist says "come on in, walk-in welcome". It was a breeze. I checked I have a immuno condition for a vaccine and they did not ask anything. They say I can do it after 6 months, and it has only been 5 months in my case, but they still do it though.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2021 5:37 AM

R40, are you OP of the below-linked thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2021 5:41 AM

Yes, but that is beside the point R41.

Anyway, alternatively, I suppose you can say you are covid vax virgin and need your covid vax hymen punctured

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2021 5:43 AM

After learning of Colin Powell's death, I think anyone high risk (which he was), should do whatever you have to in order to get the damn booster.

In the words of Rose Nylund "Sleep with someone if you have to." 😂

Seriously, get it!

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2021 2:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!