Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What a charmer, that Dick van Dyke fellow. Eldergays please tell us about him.

Rest of us, listen to him on the Gilbert Gottfried podcast. Amazing man, amazing interview with just a touch of the expected smuttiness. Someone please link it, I feel rather faint.

And don't be a bore about the Penis van Lesbian joke. Im doing it for you NOW so you don't have to do it THEN.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 7:53 AM

He admits to being an alcoholic, but what type was he? Angry drunk? Sullen and depressed drunk? Everybody’s friend drunk? Lampshade on the head drunk? Dean Martin drunk?

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2021 2:18 AM

He has 8 inches.

Sally Rogers had him on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote] Sally Rogers had him on a regular basis.

Sally Rogers was a big old dyke.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2021 2:23 AM

He has big dick face/voice/confidence. Not surprised to hear it’s 8”.

Saw his Columbo episode recently. His nagging, horrid wife deserved it—then again, ALL the murder victims on that show deserve it. I don’t know why the Lieutenant can’t just leave well enough alone. He’s such a busy-body.

Anyway, Dick Van Dyke — a national treasure, he is.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2021 2:27 AM

I think someone commented in a locker room thread or celebs you've seen naked thread that he saw DVD in a locker room in Illinois (where he's from), and he was hung.

I've never heard a bad thing about him. All reports have been positive.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2021 2:29 AM

Some pathetic, bitter cunt loser will come along soon enough to disparage him over some stupid, superficial thing. It’s Datalounge after all.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2021 2:31 AM

[quote]a national treasure, he is.

He truly is.

Scooby Doo introduced me to Dick Van Dyke and years later I’d watch him regularly on Nick at Nite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2021 2:32 AM

Oy, 'e's got a fine Cockney accent, he does

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 2:33 AM

He was an alcoholic but carefully concealed it in public. He and his wife imbibed together and/or with friends. I always loved him. Watch reruns almost every night.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2021 2:34 AM

He used to put on a scary yard haunt every Halloween.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2021 2:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2021 2:38 AM

How funny, OP, tonight on X-Files:

Scully and Mulder go undercover as marrieds (Rob and Laura Petrie, no less) to investigate the disappearances of three couples from a seemingly idyllic neighborhood. Win: Tom Gallop. Gene:...

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2021 2:39 AM

He’s considered the honorary mayor of Pacific Palisades

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2021 2:50 AM

Mary Tyler Moore said, she used to listen to Dick greet everyone in his dressing room on the set of the "Dick Van Dyke"

They used canvas dressing rooms and hers was next to Dick's.

She thought it was remarkable the way he greeted everyone in such a positive, upbeat way...but she thought it a little strange that he greeted even his wife Marge in the same way he greeted everyone else who came by his dressing room...very positive but lacking the warmth or familiarity she would've expected with his wife

She later came to realize that she and Dick were alike in many ways - in addition to both realizing they were alcoholics later in life, they both struggled mightily to meet the expectations others, and in the process lost sight of who they were...

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2021 2:51 AM

^^ ooo… :shudder:

I mean, is that truly the worst thing anyone can say about Mr Van Dyke?

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2021 3:07 AM

DVD & Lee Grant (absent the unfortunate plastic surgery) are great role models for aging.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2021 3:10 AM

I love the song & dance numbers on the DVD show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2021 3:25 AM

My favorite episode...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2021 3:51 AM

I loved the episode where Rob dreamt Laura had an eye in the back of her head.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2021 2:51 AM

I have of course seen The DVD show over the years, but I’ve been really watching it again on streaming. Such a fantastic show. Everyone was just excellent.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Dick's dick is intact. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2021 3:01 AM

That's sort of rich coming from Mary Tyler Moore, r14. herself well known for being 'reserved' at best. There was a reason she was so excellent as Beth Jarrett...she was basically playing a more severe version of herself. She was no Mary Richards.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2021 3:03 AM

Mary Tyler Moore was a notorious bitch. No one could say that about Dick Van Dyke. So yeah, that story at R14 is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote]but what type of drunk was he?

One sip of booze and he wanted Mary Tyler Moore.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 3:12 AM

After he and his wife divorced, he took up with Michelle Triola Marvin and they lived together for over 30 years until her death. As all lawyers know, she was the unsuccessful plaintiff in the "palimony" case against Lee Marvin, which sought to extend Calif's community property and alimony laws to unmarried cohabiting couples.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 3:49 AM

One of my favorite reminiscences from DVD's autobiography is that during rehearsals for Bye, Bye Birdie, he and Chita Rivera used to make each other laugh so much that one day they were thrown out of a rehearsal for being too disruptive. Considering that at the time DVD was a nobody on Broadway and Chita was already a Broadway star from West Side Story, I think it's nice that they became friends so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2021 3:52 AM

But I am more attracted to Millie's husband Jerry. Lunk.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2021 6:41 AM

Dick van Dyke told the funny story of when he and Paul Lynde were invited to Elizabeth Taylor's home after filming Bye, Bye Birdie. When they arrived, the housekeeper let them in and told them to join Ms. Taylor and the others on the back patio. As they made their way through the room heading to the back, Paul said "This place smells like pussy - I think!"

Dick is incredibly talented and seems humbled and surprised by his success. He was quite active in his local Presbyterian Church when he moved to Hollywood but after his Church took a nasty position with respect to some local issue involving race, he said he left the Church and never went back to it or any other Church. Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2021 7:34 AM

R27 I agree, I always thought Jerry was handsome, too. Jerry Paris was born in San Francisco and on one episode of the DVD show (when he was pretending to be hypnotized) he said his SF address was 441 1/2 O'Farrell Street. I never knew addresses could include "1/2" in them.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 7:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!