Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Most Famous Near Death Experience

Thoughts on what he has learned from it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 23, 2022 2:14 AM

Total fairytales. Merely the product of several organs shutting down, causing hallucinations while the part of the brain that stores memories remains vividly active.

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2021 6:48 AM

Was his lengthy death reported in any newspapers at the time? When I Google his name all I get is his claims but nothing to validate them. Surely it would have made the papers somebody being declared dead for over an hour only to come back… seems like it’s some sort of medical miracle. Did he suffer any brain damage or was he in a vegetative state after going without oxygen for such a length of time… doesn’t sit right with me. Then he asked the most annoying question? “Why are humans so dark and doomed?” For an atheist?? That’s the first thing you ask??

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2021 7:15 AM

Also looking into everybody’s souls… lol wow I know he said he was out of space and time - thank god! But really, he’s made the afterlife sound very tedious and boring.

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2021 7:17 AM

I witnessed someone dying talking to dead relatives in her room. My questions to the naysayers is, if it was merely her brain shutting down and she was hallucinating, why was she only talking to people who were dead (her parents and sisters) and not her husband, children, friends who were still alive but weren't in the room?

by Anonymousreply 4October 10, 2021 10:25 AM

The video was posted by someone who is involved in the Naturalvita pyramid scheme, they've taken this guy's near-death experience story and used it for a bunch of videos that are basically advertisements for the scheme.

by Anonymousreply 5October 10, 2021 10:33 AM

[quote]Did he suffer any brain damage or was he in a vegetative state after going without oxygen for such a length of time… doesn’t sit right with me.

Well, if you'd put your purse on the floor (where it belongs) it might be more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2021 10:35 AM

The most famous NDE in Australia was billionaire Kerry Packer's. He had a massive heart attack at a polo field, and had there not by chance been a defibrillator in the ambulance that responded, that would have been it. He was officially dead for seven minutes. He said afterwards "Son, I've been to the other side, and let me tell you, there's nothing there."

On recovery, he financed the placement of defibrillators in all NSW ambulances.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2021 10:43 AM

Packer said 'do what you want cause there's nothing fuckin there!' And probably for Kerry Packer, there wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2021 10:45 AM

You mean if he'd been nicer he would have met St Peter?

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2021 10:51 AM

What a load of shit

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2021 11:19 AM

A theoretical possibility: Some posters on DL are dead people. They have decided not to go into the light.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2021 12:50 PM

What has he learned from it? That you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time.

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2021 1:58 PM

Sorry R5 but I've never even heard of that scheme.

I saw this in my recent YT feed & thought it would make an interesting DL subject.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 7:07 PM

Other people's DMT trips are so fucking tedious.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Grifters gonna grift.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2021 7:17 PM

I once saw some little girl on TV who claimed to have died, but then came back and suddenly had great artistic talent. Her father, not coincidentally a minister, displayed paintings she had drawn of Jesus when she "died" and saw him.

Amazingly, all her paintings of Jesus were of a white dude who looked exactly like the artist renderings of Jesus you see in every single children's Bible.

Such utter bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 7:20 PM

R16 your thoughts control reality. Both here and the other side. If you think Jesus is a 590 pound albino, that’s how he will appear to you when you cross over. If you’re not religious, you get bright orbs and/or robed entities. The software is designed so “source” presents itself as whatever you’re likely to be receptive to. This stuff is real. We don’t understand reality.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 7:47 PM

R17 Or...her preacher father was using his daughter and crafting a bullshit story for fame and money.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 9:45 PM

In that case, I believe Jesus is an athletic top with a huge cock and is always DTF.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2021 9:49 PM

r7 f there was nothing there how does he know he was on the other side?

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2021 9:56 PM

I don't think you die right away. Your body takes time to shut down. scientists say it takes about 10 minutes for everything to shut down. As you are shutting down your endorphins are firing all over the place. Your brain is probably hallucinating. Dying can be a very pleasant experience. All those endorphins bring on euphoria.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 11:57 PM

Maybe he was lying, R20, and did see something. I know of a man, who was a nasty, asshole who came back from had a near death experience after a heart attack. What he saw wasn't "the light", but a long deserted dirt road lined with dead trees at dusk.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2021 12:31 AM

R20, they told him he'd been dead for seven minutes after he regained consciousness. Are you suggesting he wasn't "dead dead"?

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2021 2:20 AM

Why do people always go to "Heaven" in these near-death things?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 2:41 AM

a few have described hell

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 3:16 AM

Total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2021 5:52 AM

The “life review”sounds like too much work for me.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2021 6:00 AM

I’d go angie Dickinson and say no f***in’ way!

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2021 6:01 AM

Oscar Wilde said that when good Americans die, they to Paris but when bad Americans die, they go to America.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 6:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2022 8:28 PM

Such fake propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2022 8:28 PM

He’s no atheist.

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2022 8:29 PM

He learned to lie.

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote]He was officially dead for seven minutes. He said afterwards "Son, I've been to the other side, and let me tell you, there's nothing there."

Not actually logical, though. If there were truly “nothingness“, he would not be able to have any conscious memory of it to say “there’s nothing there.” So there had to have been at least [italic]something[/italic] enough for him to recall any kind of memory of it.

But it’s all bullshit anyway. He clearly wasn’t “dead dead” or else he’d be, you know, dead. His mind played tricks on him.

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2022 8:54 PM

Kids, I have an NDE every time I sign into this site. Watch youtube for my spectacular videos about the experience. And for a limited time receive 10% off my latest book, 'The DL Twenches: Filth, Fury & Lots of Tasteless Fun.'

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2022 9:00 PM

If I knew the exact moment of my death, I would light up that bong right before and get more fucking high than I've ever been.

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2022 9:08 PM

[quote]Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2022 9:09 PM

This scene from Torchwood freaked me out big time and has always stuck with me. Watching Gwen's whole belief system come crashing down.

Episode: "They Keep Killing Suzie".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2022 10:02 PM

I knew a girl who died and came back. And then she died. Again.

by Anonymousreply 39January 23, 2022 2:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!