Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ru fires back at ungrateful Queens in new song: Blame It On The Edit.

I think its an awesome song and the perfect clap back. Maybe its a generational thing however because the kids on Reddit seem to hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 26, 2021 10:28 PM

It's petty as fuck and resplendent in its cuntiness. And you know it will have queens like Tamisha Iman, Max, Phi Phi, and Willam taking the bait

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2021 9:21 PM

^ Oh, and Pearl

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2021 9:22 PM

Luff huh. Team Ru.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2021 9:26 PM

Don't forget Slimy Nutmeg Gash!

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2021 9:36 PM

R4 Nah, Silky got a good redemption in AS6. R1 got it, except for Willam who GOT a good edit, but can’t even not pass a reason to shit on Ru.

Add Vixen, who already is pissed about it.

R1 I also lurk on the dramasub, even though their hated of NBB, my fav queen, gets annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2021 10:41 PM

Ru needs to take her ass back to Party City where she belongs!!

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2021 1:04 AM

I think its a bop.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2021 9:23 AM

Fracker who co-owns 0.1% of Wyoming.

I love(d) RuPaul, but bitch needs to acknowledge the reality of the situation.

She keeps running away.

No respect.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2021 9:29 AM

bitch fracks !

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2021 10:47 AM

Yes, Reddit is up in arms because they believe a queen’s true personality is the five minutes they can appear pleasant in an interview and their trashy meltdowns are the work of Hollywood magic. They’re already petrified of what it means for their favorites like Vixen and misunderstood altruist Phi Phi or “Jaremi” as they call her.

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2021 11:38 AM

All reality shows engage in franken-editing in order to create a narrative or to invent conflict between two or more participants for the sake of entertainment as well as to attract viewers.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2021 11:52 AM

Of course, R11. But Drag Race queens have abused this knowledge by using it to shrug off some truly reprehensible behavior. They claim to be attacked because of it so we have some fucked up value system where the villains (like Brita) are treated like abused saints while the ones they attacked (like Aiden) are virtually nonexistent.

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2021 11:58 AM

Anyone whose ever met or worked with any of the queens in real life can attest that the show is pretty authentic in showing their true personalities, whether they like it or not. Even the ones who were mischaracterized in some way eventually have their real selves known, whether that’s positive like Roxxxy or negative like Alaska (a fucking asshole who finally showed her ass on camera).

by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2021 12:02 PM

You sad queens and your trash TV. It’s hilarious reading the names here, all the drama as if you’re discussing horse trading at the UN Security Council. Then again, none of you in this thread even know what that is, do you? Do any of you here have a high school education? Just asking nicely so please don’t “clap back”. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 14October 10, 2021 12:06 PM

R14 = Serena ChaCha

by Anonymousreply 15October 10, 2021 12:07 PM

Has Willam sobered up enough to give a response?

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2021 12:51 PM

Wait - you telling me that Millennials have a problem with accountability?

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2021 1:01 PM

Hilarious song. People are such cunts - and stupid ones.

by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2021 1:58 PM

R14 I am a diplomat so yes it is pretty safe to say I know what the hell the UN Security Council is. It IS possible to have a variety of interests, you know.

R8 Oh fuck off. If you knew anything you would know that in Wyoming, land owners don’t own underground rights, meaning they have to allow fracking.

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2021 2:02 PM

It's sort of beneath Ru's brand to do this.

And Ru is always a self-own when she thinks she can sing.

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2021 2:13 PM

Good news, R20. Ru isn't even pretending to sing here. At best, Ru is pulling a Krusty (see video). At likeliest, all of the "songs" are bits and pieces of prior recordings stitched together by computer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2021 2:16 PM

Wasn't Pearl the one who thought that Ru was going to be his best friend/mentor and got the rude awakening that he was just a on TV show. I think there is one or maybe two queens that Ru finds some kind of connection with each season, but even that doesn't trump good TV in Ru's mind.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2021 2:20 PM

[quote]It's sort of beneath Ru's brand to do this.

It's been awfully disappointing to read stories on how he's treated contestants on this show. Especially for someone whose mantra is positivity. I say this as someone who was a huge Ru fan in the 90's. But I've never really gotten into drag race because of how cold and distant he comes off towards the contestants.

And I agree that this is just petty and childish. He gives off Lauren Bacall vibes.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2021 2:27 PM

The clips of younger Ru in the video are priceless. I recall a couple of them from watching 5ninthavenueproject videos. She was actually nice and genuine back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2021 2:29 PM

All of Ru's song's are just sound bites from his show.

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2021 3:01 PM

R22 Yeah. Ru gave Pearl the very real and good advice of “nothing you say matters unless the cameras are running”, and then took that as a personal slight. Seeing as how Pearl is probably the most boring of all contestants to make the top 3, you think he would have taken the advice.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2021 3:59 PM

[quote]Ru gave Pearl the very real and good advice of “nothing you say matters unless the cameras are running”, and then took that as a personal slight

That's because it's not advice. It's a power play designed to put the "nobody" in their place.

Ru's smart enough and self aware enough to know how to treat those who admire him and he's certainly been around enough "divas" in his career to know how to do it graciously . (Even many hardcore divas would never pull a stunt like that with their fans) The fact that he chose to say something like that to someone who respects him says more about Ru than it ever does them.

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2021 4:28 PM

I don't agree with that R27. You're on a TV show, not a meet and greet or some fan club luncheon, save the good shit for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 28October 10, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]You're on a TV show, not a meet and greet or some fan club luncheon, save the good shit for the camera.

And you can still say that in a much better way than RuPaul did.

by Anonymousreply 29October 10, 2021 4:35 PM

Ru said in his old podcast that he actually wanted to mentally destroy Pearl but decided not to because he's Lady Bountiful that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2021 4:36 PM

R29 But he doesn’t need to. There isn’t anything rude about what Ru said, just matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2021 8:17 PM

The fixation some of these queens have with hating on Rupaul is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2021 8:56 PM

Meh

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2021 9:12 PM

R32, it makes me sick.

Ru has SINGLE-HANDEDLY lifted OVER 100 queens, and let’s face it the fact that many were busted, tragic and complete nobodies, out of poverty and onto bigger and better things.

This doesn’t not even mention all the queens he elevated that were already doing things but on a limited level.

Case in point: Bianca del Rio who better fall to her bow-legged knees every night and thank the lucky stars for RuPaul.

And I don’t even know the names of all these back alley queens who were turning tricks one day and on t.v. the next and want to turn around and use their new fame to come for Ru.

And this is not even mentioning how Ru lifted the ENTIRE GENRE along with him.

The way these fracking leases are set up, you don’t have a choice as far as the ground below the property. Some of these leases are 99 years and inherited. You can undo what you inherited in many cases with these leases.

Long live Ru Paul!

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2021 9:15 PM

Ungrateful twinks. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2021 9:15 PM

Who and or what is Jaremmi?

by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2021 9:23 PM

R34 Bianca has stated many times that she is thankful for Ru. And, she seems to be the only Queen (perhaps also Chad) who Ru seems to treat more as an equal than an underling.

I think a lot of it is due to the younger fans. I don’t think they really understand how drag was really on its last leg before Drag Race; it wasn’t even that popular with gays anymore save for pride fest. And, no one ever wanted to fuck a drag queen. They were always considered kind of pathetic.

Ru really did change the game. I think some of the reason why some of the Queens are mad is because they do not have the career that they think they deserve. There are a lot of middle of the pack queens who probably see the success that queens like Bianca and Trixie have and get jealous. I can’t say I don’t understand where that comes from. No one owes you fame but it still has to be hard if you don’t get it while others do. However Trixie and Max are two examples of what to do and not to do. Both were fan favorites who were eliminated middle of the pack. Trixie hustled and became one of the biggest names. Max became bitter and now doesn’t do anything.

The successful queens are thankful for Ru, with the possible exception of Willam who himself even admits that he wouldn’t be where he is today without Ru, and Courtney who was already successful without the show.

There are a few queens who probably are worse for having gone on the show: Sherry Pie, Mimi Imfurst, Venus Delight (who was a popular queen before the show) and Kelly Mantle are the ones who come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2021 10:41 PM

This is petty, cunty, and bitchy and I’m living for every single second of it.

by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2021 11:22 PM

It really is the younger queens, who don't get drag. Drag is, or it was, messy and raw. Nasty and unapologetic. You weren't going to find suburban moms and their teen daughters at drag shows. You know it tears Ru's heart out every time she has bend to the latest politically correct trend in drag. I guess at this point she could walk away, but the money's too good and she really doesn't care what happens on a TV show. In her real life, she still does what she wants.

And you can tell every season Ru seems to connect with the queens who are either really messy or who make him laugh (sometimes both). I think that's why he still does it, for those Heidi Closet and Silky types whose lives really are changed by the show.

But none of these young bitches could have survived when drag was drag. The days of young RuPaul and Lady Bunny, those bitches went through it. And now they like to call Ru old and out of touch. Please.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2021 11:48 PM

Are reporters camped outside each of Willam's homes to get his first hot take on the song?

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2021 12:00 AM

R36, “Jaremi” is the name Phi Phi O’Hara tried to hide behind after she humiliated herself on National TV, obliterated her brand, and proved herself to be unemployable. It was a failed relaunch for her as a male-presenting singer that most people laughed off, but her psycho defenders still use that to refer to her and get very angry if you don’t l.

If you see Jaremi pop up, you know you’re dealing with someone who absolutely believes the edit is a lie and would probably be engaged to a criminal they met in some lock up pen pal program.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2021 3:49 AM

R40 He surprisingly hasn’t said anything yet. Probably will on the next episode of his and Alaskas podcast. So far, just perpetually angry and ugly the Vixen and always whinnying Canadian drag race loser Ilona Verly, who hasn’t even met Ru, have said something.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2021 9:55 AM

[quote] I don’t think they really understand how drag was really on its last leg before Drag Race; it wasn’t even that popular with gays anymore save for pride fest.

You say that as if we should thank RuPaul.

I am so fucking sick of drag queens. I wish the whole thing had died a natural death.

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2021 5:01 PM

None of the queens will call out Ru aside from the ones with absolutely nothing to lose. They all want to be in WOW's good graces.

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2021 5:06 PM

My favorite part of the song is that after 4 minutes of pure, unadulterated bitchy and cunty shade, Ru goes “NOW EVERYBODY SAY LOVE!”

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2021 7:26 PM

R45 That and the line about All Stars. He is basically telling all the Queens that he still holds the cards to their redemption so shut up and play nice.

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2021 11:50 PM

R42, What happened to Willam? He used to be fun and edgy. He'd say whatever and didn't give a damn about political correctness, nobody was safe from Willam, but now it's a lot of sucking up to "influencers" and making sure not to offend certain people.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2021 1:26 PM

[quote]What happened to Willam?

He probably realized that there was no money to be made by constantly biting the hand that feeds you.

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2021 1:33 PM

I’m just want to know the truth about Mathu Anderson!

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2021 1:59 PM

Who would ever have imagined a drag queen would create so much drama??

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote]There are a few queens who probably are worse for having gone on the show: Sherry Pie, Mimi Imfurst, Venus Delight (who was a popular queen before the show) and Kelly Mantle are the ones who come to mind.

Kelly Mantle is a working actor, not a club queen. She was very funny and self-deprecating about being the first boot on S6. I'd love to see her in an early-outs season.

Sherry Pie showed up last month at Uncle Charlie's in NYC to deliver a singing telegram to a customer, creating a huge PR mess for the club to clean up.

Mimi Imfurst had a decent post-RPDR career until she got cancelled for sexually harassing twinks who were starting out in the Philly drag scene. She used to run a local Drag Race–style competition called Drag Wars.

Agree that Venus D-Lite would have been better off not having gone on the show. She used to have a regular gig doing her Madonna impersonation in LA, but she told Jonny McGovern that after S3 her local bookings dried up. She definitely hasn't dealt well with her inability to capitalize on being a RuGirl, plus her cringey attempts to stay in the spotlight with reality show appearances and "projects" like this one haven't helped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote]What happened to Willam?

They all got very scared of being canceled. Even Trixie Mattel got called out on a racist joke at a roast.

Several have had to do mea culpas and very ostentatiously donate to BLM, for example.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2021 5:57 PM

I know people who are in Ru's social circle. One thing they always tell me: "Do not ever cross Ru. You will NOT be forgiven."

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2021 5:58 PM

r39, everything changes. Drag is not what you remembered what it was like in your youth just because it was your youth. There was drag long, long, long before you were born, and it was different then from what it was from what you remember in the 80s. It has since changed yet again.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2021 6:49 PM

Of course everything changes. Life should evolve and drag should most definitely evolve, but don't bite the hand that is trying to help you change your life. If Ru is dated and out of touch and stuck in the old ways and represents the past, then don't apply to be on his show. If your drag is the shit and everybody is lined up around the block to see you, then why do you need Ru?

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2021 7:25 PM

R51 That is kind of sad for Venus. I would love for her to get on the show again.

As for Mimi, I read the so-called harassing messages and they were nothing. The twinks were messaging back and forth and never said they were uncomfortable. If another queen was involved in that drama they would probably not have been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2021 8:56 PM

Is Drag Race on anywhere other than Paramount+? I’m not willing to sign up for yet another streaming service for this mess.

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2021 11:30 PM

Is it not on WOW Presents+?

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2021 1:23 AM

It's also on Hulu, but right now they only have Seasons 2–7 and the first four All Stars. WOW Presents+ only makes the international editions available in the US.

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote]R21: At likeliest

Oh, dear.

Apparently the library is open but some people don't know where the English Grammar section is.

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2021 1:53 AM

According to the RPDR sub, the most complete archives of Drag Race US are on Netflix in South Africa and Mauritius. I haven't tried it, but I've read you can access non-US content on WOW Presents+ and Netflix with a VPN. You can also try sites such as the one below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2021 2:07 AM

who will ru leave her fracking millions to when she croaks?

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2021 6:24 AM

[quote]you don’t have a choice as far as the ground below the property

You have a choice where you choose to own land, R34.

And, instead of addressing the criticism when it first hit, RuPaul wiped his social media clean and disappeared for months.

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2021 6:58 AM

SHE IS A MONEY GRUBBING WHORE

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2021 7:14 AM

she can laugh and giggle all she wants on her shit show, but the world knows she is a creep for moolah

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2021 7:15 AM

R63 That land belongs to his husband and belongs to his family.

Your delusions that RuPaul is responsible for climate change is pathetic and frankly a little unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2021 9:04 PM

I’m with R66. There are 1 or 2 Ru obsessed trolls who bring up the fracking (non)issue at every opportunity. Russian style disinformation. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2021 1:46 AM

R67, I'm bored with it, too, but why do you call it "Russian style (Sic. Where's the adjectival-phrase hyphen?) disinformation.

Fracking is immensely damaging - irrevocably so - and has permanent consequences for the water table, aquifers, groundwater stability, seismic activity, etc. If a spouse is making money from such activity, it is a rule of celebrity that the celebrity spouse will hear about it and be affected.

Invoking Russia and disinformation is a dishonest way to make criticism of RuPaul (which I do get tired of) somehow right-wing, with a little puff of racism to be inferred without much imagination. That is a deplorable way to try to make a point, and one wonders what your damage is to be such a cunt. Or are you one of the crazy trolls we all deplore?

by Anonymousreply 68October 26, 2021 1:55 AM

R34 = Michelle Visage

by Anonymousreply 69October 26, 2021 1:56 AM

R68 is Ru obsessed troll mentioned by R67. Lol. So punctual.

by Anonymousreply 70October 26, 2021 7:37 AM

R68 Keep the same energy for the Queens who get their cheap merchandise produced in China. How about all the queens who fly around the world for shows, thus increasing green house emissions.

I am not saying don’t criticize Ru, but acting like he is some sort of fracking billionaire shows an incredible lack of understanding of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 71October 26, 2021 9:35 AM

R49- Mathu either contracted syphilis and left it untreated (thereby going mad), or by just being an artistic genius, went mad. He got beat up where he lost his teeth, and it went all downhill from there. Started giving away his stuff, including Ru’s wigs, and walked off the show mid season. He is or was in hospice now (I don’t know if he’s dead), and Ru pays for it.

It’s a shame- he did both hair and makeup for Ru, and Ru looked his best when done by him. Raven makes him look like an actual drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 72October 26, 2021 10:43 AM

R72 Syphilis has to go on for a long, long time untreated before it rots your brain. I highly doubt as a gay man who lived through the AIDS crisis he wasn’t checked for STDs at least fairly regular.

Raven does a good job on Ru, but it just isn’t at the level that Mathu does. I am not sure why he wasn’t ever a full time judge on the show.

by Anonymousreply 73October 26, 2021 10:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!