Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, Have We Discussed Dear Debbie Reynolds' $2 Million House?

Five years after her death, Debbie Reynolds’ former Los Angeles home has been listed for $2.1 million.

The late “Singin’ in the Rain” actress’s three-bedroom, three-bathroom Valley Village home spans over 2,000 square feet of oak floors, French doors and wood-beam ceilings.

“The architecture embodies what I love about Los Angeles architecture of the era. Style, character and craftsmanship. This home has a very European look with aspects of a proper Tudor estate and an English garden cottage combined. It hits all the right notes,” listing broker Greg Holcomb with Douglas Elliman, Pasadena, told The Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2021 1:57 AM

The property’s most special feature is an “elevated mini-turret” off the primary bedroom. Vintage stained glass windows create a unique space that Reynolds is said to have used as a salon, according to Holcomb.

“I think my most favorite thing about the house is a raised circular enclave in the primary bedroom suite. I have been told that is where Debbie kept her piano and used the room as a salon to entertain friends,” Holcomb told The Post.

The 1929-built house has been updated with a modern kitchen and bathrooms while maintaining the English country garden style.

“The home has the unique pedigree of original architecture, Hollywood history and an aesthetic that is very beautiful,” Holcomb said.

The 0.2-acre lot has mature pine trees, a brick patio, a cabana, a saltwater swimming pool, a bocce court and a lemon tree orchard. Private gardens have white roses and lavender.

“Something I love about the property is that it has the features of a large mansion, but scaled down for manageable living,” Holcomb said.

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2021 3:05 PM

Reynolds bought the home for $220,000 in 1987. “Orange Is the New Black” actress Amanda Fuller and her husband, Matthew Bryan Feld, bought the home for $1.84 million after Reynolds’ death.

Reynolds had not lived in the house for 15 years before her passing, instead living at an $18 million compound with her daughter, “Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher, who died of a heart attack she had on a plane. Fuller and Bryan renovated the house during their time there.

Reynolds died in 2016 of a stroke the day after her daughter passed. She also had a son, Todd Fisher, with her ex-husband, Eddie Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2021 3:05 PM

I lived across the street in VV. Use to wave at Debbie in the morning when she would step out to get the paper. Last time I saw her she was getting into a white limo to do her fabulous one woman show at the El Portal. I yelled across the street "BREAK A LEG" she laughed and yelled back "ALL READY HAVE"! A real trooper. When she died all of us put flowers on her porch.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2021 3:15 PM

Did her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2021 3:19 PM

How was Carrie's compound worth $18 million?

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2021 3:25 PM

I don't care for retirement doll houses that are overly decorated for their size.

It's sad.

And filling a dead person's porch with flowers is rude.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2021 3:27 PM

^ Sad Cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2021 3:36 PM

[quote]"ALL READY HAVE"! A real trooper.

The words you were looking for are ALREADY and TROUPER.

Unless she was in the Highway Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2021 3:37 PM

Is this a house that someone will buy as a residence or is it a tear down? California real estate is weird.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2021 3:50 PM

This house is dirt cheap for LA and must need serious work

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2021 3:55 PM

"How was Carrie's compound worth $18 million? "

2.66 acres in Beverly Hills, that's how

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2021 4:00 PM

Purchased in 1987, when Debbie was in the midst of the marriage to husband #3 who turned out to be another mistake.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2021 4:05 PM

I don’t know that it’s dirt cheap. House is small, small lot, not great location. It’s an ok price.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2021 4:07 PM

Why was she living in a shack?

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2021 4:09 PM

^ It's my understanding that houses that belonged to stars carry a premium

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2021 4:10 PM

R14 She wasn't.

[quote]Reynolds bought the home for $220,000 in 1987. “Orange Is the New Black” actress Amanda Fuller and her husband, Matthew Bryan Feld, bought the home for $1.84 million after Reynolds’ death.

[quote]Reynolds had not lived in the house for 15 years before her passing, instead living at an $18 million compound with her daughter, “Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher, who died of a heart attack she had on a plane. Fuller and Bryan renovated the house during their time there.

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2021 8:01 PM

I gave good blowjobs!

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2021 8:11 PM

I don't know anything about that neighborhood, but aside from the back yard seeming very small (if it were larger, they'd have shown it), I like it. But I'd rather live in Carmel. Of course that has been overly-developed for decades. I'd end up paying way too much for isolation with access to the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2021 8:24 PM

The house is just off Riverside Dr. in Valley Village. The homes all date from the 40's-50's. Very unpretentious middle class. Actually looks a lot like the Universal backlot.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2021 12:49 AM

I think I went to a yard sale (excuse me, “estate sale”) here in the mid-99s.

I got a very heavy, substantial partner’s desk. I fantasized that it had probably been used in studio offices.

Ultimately gave it to my roommate when I moved away to go to law school. It was too heavy to move.

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2021 1:34 AM

I like it

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2021 1:39 AM

I think Carrie's house once belonged to Edith Head.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote]A raised enclave…

WTF…it’s an alcove, and if she had a piano in there, there would certainly be no room for entertaining friends. Realtors are so idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2021 1:59 AM

The new owners will picture Debbie, with her dress twirling up as she jumps on the piano to sing "I'm Still Here".

Debbie gets credit for always getting back up after being knocked down by life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2021 3:18 AM

The Valley where that slut Brooke Logan is from.

by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2021 3:20 AM

" Debbie gets credit for always getting back up after being knocked down by life."

Well, if she's coming back maybe she shouldn't sell that house

by Anonymousreply 26October 11, 2021 4:34 AM

you know the dress twirled up thing actually happened. I always thought it was just a joke for the movie.

Carrie's brother wrote a book a few years ago. He confirmed that the story was true.

(also confirmed that Carrie was never sober even during her public "sober' periods. And that Debbie did drink too much. He said Debbie would get drunk and go on rants about how bad Eddie was to her. He said Carrie would be driven crazy by this. I guess it literally drove her crazy.)

by Anonymousreply 27October 11, 2021 4:49 AM

I liked Debbie, but she created a lot of her own drama. The first husband, Eddie Fisher, who left her for Liz Taylor, wasn't even the worst husband. She had two subsequent husbands, both drained her bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2021 4:59 AM

Carrie did have a joke in her act saying who would have ever thought that Eddie would turn out to be the best husband.

(Debbie should have stayed with Agnes Moorehead----which I always thought was a DL joke but people say it was true! Just seemed like something DL concocted picking the two least likely people to be together)

by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2021 5:02 AM

I’m still so sad about Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2021 5:06 AM

I love Debbie and knew her. She stretched the truth. NEVER lived in her car. Old school Hollywood bullshit.

Carrie was a genius, truly.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2021 5:13 AM

actually now that I think of it Carrie's joke was "Who'd have thought Eddie would turn out to be the good one?"

by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2021 5:16 AM

"Mother," starring Debbie Reynolds and Albert Brooks is a really good and funny movie. Rob Morrow stars as Brooks' brother / Debbie's other son.

I watched "Mother" a ton of times when I was going through a depressed period in my life. It helped a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2021 5:20 AM

Footnote to "Mother." First choice for the role of Mother was Nancy Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2021 5:20 AM

It wasn’t her house no more.

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2021 5:30 AM

R32, Another funny quip from Carrie about Eddie when his second autobiography was published, "I thinking of having my DNA fumigated".

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2021 10:37 AM

I love it. One of the prettiest houses posted here. If not the prettiest. Instead of those ugly cold mansions. The outside could be a bit bigger.

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2021 10:54 AM

I loved the house in the doc…but it doesn’t look the same now. With them living in it, that alone must’ve given it character and warmth. I loved how the director like to skew the camera to reveal all the doggie treats on the carpet. So sad….Carrie had so much more to give.

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2021 12:22 PM

I love what Carrie wrote about Elizabeth Taylor on her death, "I want to thank Elizabeth Taylor for getting Eddie Fisher out of our house"

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2021 12:41 PM

It's just ok. The exterior looks like a cheap attempt at a mock-tudor. You can find better examples just about anywhere in the Northeast or Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2021 12:53 PM

R38, It's not the same house.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2021 1:17 PM

"Valley Village" is just a realtor's attempt to hide the fact it is really in North Hollywood.

Debbie used to live in a very nice home in nearby Toluca Lake, she must have fallen on hard times to move into this one.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2021 3:20 PM

^ Yeah, right after one of her deadbeat husbands took her to the cleaners

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2021 5:19 PM

[quote] I loved the house in the doc…but it doesn’t look the same now.

Debbie hadn't lived in this house since around 2000. You saw Carrie's compound in the doc. That's where Debbie spent the last 15+ years of her life.

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]Footnote to "Mother." First choice for the role of Mother was Nancy Reagan.

No she wasn't. Brooks desperately wanted Doris Day.

You can see Carrie's compound in the HBO documentary "Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2021 5:42 PM

It looks like Albert Brooks wanted both Reagan & Doris Day. Who was his first choice? I don't know, then.

[quote] Director/writer/actor Albert Brooks asked Nancy Reagan (who used to act under the name Nancy Davis) to play the part of his mother. Nancy really wanted to come out of acting retirement to play the role, but declined because she couldn't bear to be away from husband and former president Ronald Reagan, suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Also on Brooks' list of former actresses to play his mother was Doris Day, but she showed no interest in coming out of acting retirement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote] I love what Carrie wrote about Elizabeth Taylor on her death, "I want to thank Elizabeth Taylor for getting Eddie Fisher out of our house"

Carrie said that when Mike Todd died, Eddie Fisher rushed to be by Liz's side. Then slowly moved around to her front.

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote]I think Carrie's house once belonged to Edith Head.

You’re right R22.

From a 2004 AD article:

[quote]Originally, the house belonged to Robert Armstrong, the ship's captain in King Kong, who uttered the last line in the movie, It was beauty killed the beast,' " explains Carrie Fisher, documenting the uniquely star-studded pedigree of her spectacular three-acre house high in the Hollywood Hills. "After that, Bette Davis lived here for a while before it was bought in 1933 by Edith Head, who did most of the major re-build.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2021 10:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2021 10:26 PM

Fun fact: America never had Tudors.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2021 11:22 PM

Looks like an old Waffle House franchise.

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2021 11:34 PM

R48, Phyllis Diller named the main bathroom in her home "The Edith Head".

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2021 1:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!