Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bad grammar that hurts your ears

Evidently schools no longer teach grammar because bad grammar seems to be the norm these days. We used to hear it every now and then. Now you hear it every day. Even Judge Judy, who used to scream at people's bad grammar and then correct them, no longer does that. I wonder what gets on other people's nerves when they hear it? For me it is, "I seen" and "tooken" (as in, he tooken it with him). What gets on YOUR nerves?

by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2021 4:41 AM

People who mix it up “and I” and “and me.” I cannot blame them because this was actually taught incorrectly at my public school and I didn’t figure out how to say it correctly until high school.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2021 5:33 PM

The word “utilize” and people who confuse “less” and “fewer” or “since” and “because.”

On the other hand, I don’t care about split infinitives, beginning a sentence with “And” or “Because,” or misuing the em- or en-dash.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2021 5:37 PM

Hip hop culture and texting as dumbed us down

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2021 5:37 PM

Seen. As in, "I seen him at the store." WTF, and why am I hearing this more and more? It's so...hillbilly.

Worse. As in, "It's the worse." Another WTF.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2021 5:41 PM

Me and John went to the movies.

Where are you at?

Hot water heater

He hung himself

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2021 5:46 PM

Yo bro

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2021 5:47 PM

Many years ago, R4, my then-bf reported a co-worker as having exclaimed "He done it! I seen him!"

Strangely invented terms like "conversate" are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2021 5:50 PM

I’m getting my nails did

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2021 5:51 PM

I have an acquaintance who sometimes post selfies after visiting the barber with the caption "Hairs did!" as a joke (he's a college graduate)

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2021 5:55 PM

Try and. I am going to try and cook that.

No, you are going to try to cook that.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2021 6:04 PM

Losing battle R10 as by this time "try and" and "try to" are interchangeable. Many, many years ago an immigrant from Finland told me that was a problem for her in learning English!

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2021 6:06 PM

I have a Trump-loving sister who persists on using the word “brang” in her texts.

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2021 6:07 PM

Starting a sentence with “anymore.”

“Couple” without the “of.”

“Flaunt” where “flout” should be used.

“Substitute [original item] for [new item]” when it should be “substitute [new] for [original],” or “replace [original] with [new].

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2021 6:25 PM

I could care less about this thread.

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2021 6:28 PM

The use of "shot dead" in journalism (print & tv news) drives me batty.

A person can be "shot AND killed" or "shot TO death".....not "shot dead". One would never say that a person was "stabbed dead" or "bludgeoned dead".

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2021 6:29 PM

“Should of” and “Could of” instead of should have and could have.

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2021 6:31 PM

Bad grammar has always existed, OP. Plenty of old people have terrible grammar and spelling, such as our former president. This is yet another thread where elderly dataloungers bitch about modern life and pretend everything was perfect in the past.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2021 6:31 PM

Just take a trip to the ghetto .. white or black.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2021 6:32 PM

completely destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2021 6:33 PM

1. " We should have went to the concert."

2. " John, Brian, and myself went to the concert."

3. "Between he and I, there were three concert tickets, so Brian got to go."

4. " We each ate three taco's at the concert."

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2021 6:35 PM

"Just take a trip to the ghetto .. white or black."

Listen to any talk radio show.

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] Starting a sentence with “anymore.”

Who does that???

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2021 6:37 PM

“On the lamb” is sprinkled throughout articles about Brian Laundrie.

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2021 6:42 PM

You know what bothers me almost as much as bad grammar? People who start new posts without searching. There is a perfectly good thread on this issue with over 500 responses already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2021 6:51 PM

Yet, here you are, R14.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2021 6:51 PM

There's a difference between it hurting your ears and those who call it out on message boards.

Texting has destroyed proper grammar and punctuation. That is how most people under 30 communicate. The slide has been quick and now using proper grammar and punctuation is viewed as old. It's almost as old timey as starting a text "Dear so and so"

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote]“On the lamb” is sprinkled throughout articles about Brian Laundrie.

Were they authored by Rosemary?

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2021 6:54 PM

R25 Oh, dear, the word play went right over your head. Think a little harder, snookums.

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2021 6:58 PM

Why does it bother you, R24? Can't you just rejoice in the fact that there are more than a single thread about a subject of interest to many (perhaps even including you)? What's bothersome about it?

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2021 8:21 PM

R24 must have started the other thread.

by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2021 10:53 PM

I am currently in graduate school and if I hear the phrase “based off of” one more fucking time I’m gonna scream. It’s based ON.

Also, everyone suddenly pronouncing the t in often drives me mad, as well.

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2021 11:37 PM

I'm sick and tired of "bored of".

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2021 12:06 AM

Crabby R24.

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2021 12:18 AM

R14 I see what you’ve done.

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2021 12:24 AM

Anyone remember being about 13 and making a smart-ass remark when someone else's grammar slipped? Your ears would always be pitched to catch a mistake, wouldn't they.

That's the problem I have with this sort of thread. It suggests some of us haven't matured much.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2021 12:37 AM

It took this thread to tip you off to that?

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2021 12:39 AM

"Was that noise our grammar teacher or that fuckin ak-47 again, Archie? Archie? ARCHIE! Thou art covered in blood, my dear. Goodbye, cruel wairld (sic)!"

by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2021 12:57 AM

OP This article outlines my #1 grammar peeve!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2021 1:05 AM

Using the incorrect form of a verb in present perfect simple and past perfect verb phrases:

1. I had ate at that restaurant many times.

2. She has drove herself to work every day.

by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2021 1:06 AM

Who speaks that way, R39?

by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2021 1:13 AM

I seen

by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2021 1:16 AM

I'm with r5. There's no damn reason to heat hot water.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2021 1:19 AM

This is more of a pronunciation pet peeve, but I hate it when people pronounce photographer as furtographer.

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2021 1:19 AM

Come to that, libary and Feb-u-ary. Which is pronunciation, not grammar, yet notable.

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2021 1:20 AM

Axe.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2021 1:22 AM

Anyways.

by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2021 2:36 AM

‘Should of’

‘Could of’

‘Would of’

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2021 2:58 AM

The use of "y'all" in written communication. Is the writer REALLY from the Deep South?

by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2021 3:17 AM

Instinctual instead of instinctive

Orientated/disorientated instead of oriented/disoriented

by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2021 3:54 AM

Some people literally do not know how bad their grammar is. Literally.

Literally.

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2021 4:06 AM

“Drug” is only the past tense of “to drag” for shoeless hillbillies.

When people pronounce foliage as “foe-lijj”

by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2021 4:09 AM

I use contractions. Should’ve, would’ve, could've. If someone thinks I’m saying “should of,” fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 52October 8, 2021 4:12 AM

R44 Your lack of appropriate sentence structure.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2021 4:14 AM

I have here with me extra-strength anti-ADHD and anti-OCD drugs for you old, anal retentive, fat farts. Gobble it up and you will feel better.

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2021 4:30 AM

R54 if you sprinkled some tasteful grammatical errors it would have been more entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2021 4:48 AM

University-educated individuals who don't know the difference between it's and its.

Starting a sentence with So . . .

And this recent thread title, which is making me homicidal: Smaller Cities and Towns You Visited and Enjoyed in the US that Many People Would Scoff at Ever Taking a Trip To. (I suggested: Smaller US Cities and Towns You've Visited and Enjoyed That Many Would Scoff at Visiting.)

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2021 4:48 AM

R56 It's useful to keep in mind the distinction between grammar and style.

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2021 5:06 AM

"All the sudden" instead of "all of a sudden."

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2021 5:07 AM

R57 That thread title is a grammatical train wreck, starting with ending a sentence with a preposition. It's a dung heap of horrific grammar.

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2021 5:11 AM

I think using lay (transitive) for lie (intransitive) is so widespread that the battle is over, but it still hurts my ears.

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2021 6:25 AM

Was proceeded in death by…

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2021 6:27 AM

R57 It's not bad grammar to end a sentence with a preposition. It's an issue of style: ending with a preposition often creates a weak close. Same with the other issues in that thread title.

If you're going to pretend you're a grammarian here then you have to learn to distinguish grammar from other issues.

by Anonymousreply 62October 8, 2021 9:02 AM

OP, there are medication‘s that can help you.

You do not have to live this way.

by Anonymousreply 63October 8, 2021 9:07 AM

Done and finished: Cakes are done, people are finished.

by Anonymousreply 64October 8, 2021 9:42 AM

[quote] University-educated individuals who don't know the difference between it's and its; Starting a sentence with So . . .

I have more than one university degree, but still sometimes spellcheck, combined with mediocre proofreading skills, produces the wrong result in the first case.

"So..." works to introduce a sensitive or uncomfortable topic, or to change the subject after an awkward pause in conversation. I believe Yiddish uses "Nu" this way?

Just don't announce "¡Soy terminado!" to Spanish servers, R64.

I hope you are not among those discrete people looking to have affairs, R61.

by Anonymousreply 65October 8, 2021 10:04 AM

"Who speaks that way, [R39]?"

You'd be surprised. Mostly white men completely forego the use of the past participle in favor of the past tense. Just about 100% of everyone on sports radio talk shows say " We should have went for it" or " I should have ate at McDonald's." My best friend was a Magna Cum Laude college graduate and says," Went" instead of " Gone." It's epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 66October 8, 2021 11:18 AM

[quote] One would never say that a person was "stabbed dead" or "bludgeoned dead".

Nor “strangled to death.” It would just be crass.

by Anonymousreply 67October 8, 2021 11:42 AM

[quote] I have more than one university degree, but still sometimes spellcheck, combined with mediocre proofreading skills, produces the wrong result in the first case [its vs. it’s].

All you have to remember is that the ONLY time you use it’s is when you intend to say “it is/has,” since it’s is NEVER possessive.

The show had its big opening and it’s a hit.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2021 11:45 AM

The ridiculous and unnecessary overuse of “myself” instead of “me.”

It seems everyone was so ingrained with trying to remember where I is appropriate they just use “myself” for either case.

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2021 11:47 AM

[quote]"So..." works to introduce a sensitive or uncomfortable topic

R65 But it's most often used as an introduction to an innocuous topic because the writer/speaker believes that it's correct English rather than exposing the user as an illiterate moron.

[quote] I believe Yiddish uses "Nu" this way?

Uh, no. "Nu" is a Russian loan word to Yiddish. In Russian, "nu" is used to the continue a sentence topic or to begin a different topic. In Yiddish (and in Hebrew), "nu" is most often used as an impatient prod to action and when seeking an immediate response.

by Anonymousreply 70October 8, 2021 11:49 AM

More than once Judge Judy has said :"I feel badly."

by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2021 11:58 AM

Using "Preventative." "Preventive" has the same meaning. Medical folk think the longer word sounds more important.

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2021 12:00 PM

R16 FTT---That would be "For The Tie" with ....

"To John and I." No public school could have taught this nominative form following a preposition, r1.

A fairly new egregious example is prevalent on Reality Relationships shows (Bachelor; Married; Fiance franchises):

"I's" as a possessive. E.g., "Matilda and I's honeymoon...."

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2021 1:18 PM

That makes me murderous.

by Anonymousreply 74October 8, 2021 1:25 PM

I have numerous well-educated friends who write "Want to come to the movies with Mark and I?"

by Anonymousreply 75October 8, 2021 2:34 PM

I was literally thinking the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 76October 8, 2021 2:35 PM

Horton no longer hears a "who."

People are now using "that" instead of "who" -- as in, "the celebrity that stars in the new film." For some reason "that" is replacing "who" quite quickly -- when I was growing up, no one would confuse the two. Now, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 77October 8, 2021 2:43 PM

Several words now mean the opposite of their meaning of just a generation ago. As mentioned, "literally" now means the opposite of what it use to mean.

The same is true of "notorious," which meant being well-known for unpleasant reasons. Now it means the opposite, being famous for good reasons.

by Anonymousreply 78October 8, 2021 2:44 PM

"Is because" - the reason is because.

"I could care less" - no, I'm pretty sure you could care a lot less.

"you taking the time" "he being injured" - use the damn possessive case before a gerund.

by Anonymousreply 79October 8, 2021 2:53 PM

^^^ "is because" - I forgot to add that it's the reason is because is redundant.

by Anonymousreply 80October 8, 2021 2:54 PM

Similar to "I seen": I BEEN waiting for you for two hours already!

Aaargh!

by Anonymousreply 81October 8, 2021 3:09 PM

R78 "opposite of what it use to mean"

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 82October 8, 2021 3:15 PM

Anyways [sic]

Irregardless [sic]

by Anonymousreply 83October 8, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote] "Matilda and I's honeymoon...."

Oh, c'mon - you made that up!

by Anonymousreply 84October 8, 2021 4:40 PM

“So” is just a substitute for “well.” People used to start sentences with “well.”

“Professor, explain to us why barbarians sacked Rome.”

“Well, first we have to understand who the barbarians were...”

I don’t know why “so” has so quickly taken the place of “well,” but it certainly seemed to have happened overnight. I almost never hear a talking head start a sentence with “Well” on American tv anymore.

by Anonymousreply 85October 8, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote] Several words now mean the opposite of their meaning of just a generation ago.

“Factoid” was a great word. It meant something accepted as fact that was not fact. It was a non-fact that was disguised as a fact. Then millennials got so stupid they constantly used it in place of “fact” and now it’s “factoid” is accepted as fact.

by Anonymousreply 86October 8, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote]Why does it bother you, [R24]? Can't you just rejoice in the fact that there are more than a single thread about a subject of interest to many (perhaps even including you)? What's bothersome about it?

What's bothersome is having two threads going on the same subject and having to plow through both. And there will undoubtedly be lots of duplication.

by Anonymousreply 87October 8, 2021 4:58 PM

I read this book years ago about a gay umpire named Dave Pallone. In every other sentence he would say LOOKIT.

by Anonymousreply 88October 8, 2021 5:02 PM

R83 just made me grit my teeth even more than I already was.

by Anonymousreply 89October 8, 2021 5:07 PM

R87 “ having to plow through both.”

I wonder if there is a way you could just not open the thread?

by Anonymousreply 90October 8, 2021 5:15 PM

But, r75, that's their idiotic fear of using "me" incorrectly (as in "Me and my friend went to school.") as well as their idiotic fear of not sounding like others.

They were not taught this.

by Anonymousreply 91October 9, 2021 1:50 AM

R79, "The reason is because..." is acceptable but redundant ("The reason is the reason....").

Before this locution took hold, the preferred wording was "The reason is that ...."

by Anonymousreply 92October 9, 2021 1:57 AM

"How does he look like?"

by Anonymousreply 93October 9, 2021 2:39 AM

It hasn't came in yet.

by Anonymousreply 94October 9, 2021 4:52 AM

I know you’re waiting with baited breath and chomping at the bit, r94, but it should of came in by now. I just seen the UPS guy drive passed my house coming from the direction where you’re at.

by Anonymousreply 95October 9, 2021 5:33 AM

R66- Your friend was a top student at Liberty University. Basically, that’s like being proud of having endless organisms when butt fucking Bea Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 96October 9, 2021 6:12 AM

I "couldn't orgasm" because I "have anxiety".

by Anonymousreply 97October 9, 2021 2:25 PM

I get it — language is a living thing, it evolves, rules are for pedants, etc. BUT! Confusing “them” with “those” really makes me cringe. Them doors, them cars, them apples…. Just dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2021 2:42 PM

[quote]Your friend was a top student at Liberty University. Basically, that’s like being proud of having endless organisms when butt fucking Bea Arthur.

...or winning Miss North Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2021 2:55 PM

About 20 years ago, I first began noticing a trend of people using the word "sell" as a noun, instead of "sale".

As in "the sells of their new album are impressive", or "that house on the corner is for sell".

At first I thought it was just a few morons, but I've seen it more and more over the years. Drives me fucking NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2021 3:12 PM

My #1 pet peeve is “I seen.” My second one is the strange leaving out of “to be,” such as “my dog needs fed” or “my house needs cleaned.” Lots of people speak this way now for some reason. They sound like suck backwoods hicks.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]My second one is the strange leaving out of “to be,” such as “my dog needs fed” or “my house needs cleaned.” Lots of people speak this way now for some reason. They sound like suck backwoods hicks.

Older Pittsburghers use this "needs washed" phrasing. I think it's common in all of Western PA, and may stretch to Harrisburg.

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote] "Is because" - the reason is because.

Even worse, "the reason why is because."

by Anonymousreply 103October 9, 2021 4:00 PM

I truly wonder what kind of people you folks associate with on a regular basis? I just don't run across much of the wild examples given.

I recognize this is rather off-topic, but a pet peeve of mine are books where the character "scheduled an appointment with my lawyer for 3PM the next day." That many 24-hour firms out there?

by Anonymousreply 104October 9, 2021 6:25 PM

I don't know where this quirk came from: my elderly mother doesn't pronounce "Phoenix" correctly, she says Phoe-neeks. It makes her sound so dumb. She's lived in Phoenix or the surrounding area for 70 years and can't pronounce it correctly.

by Anonymousreply 105October 9, 2021 6:42 PM

“Suicide” as a verb. “She suicided herself,” or the more Datalounge version, “Suicide yourself!”

The change from “committed suicide” to “completed suicide” sounds weird, but I do understand the reasoning behind it.

by Anonymousreply 106October 9, 2021 7:07 PM

R106 I've never heard someone say that in "real life" - only on here.

by Anonymousreply 107October 9, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote] "The reason is because..." is acceptable but redundant ("The reason is the reason...."). Before this locution took hold, the preferred wording was "The reason is that ...."

Another one that so many people get wrong is “the reason why”. It’s actually never correct to combine these two words. The word “why” is implied in the word reason.

by Anonymousreply 108October 9, 2021 7:29 PM

R107, I had only seen it online until last week, when I heard someone say it on the local news. A homeless-outreach volunteer was talking about how shocked she was when she found a guy who had “suicided in his tent.”

While I’m at it, people who don’t hyphenate compound adjectives drive me crazy. A homeless outreach volunteer is not the same thing as a homeless-outreach volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 109October 9, 2021 7:46 PM

It makes my skin crawl when anyone says "irregardless."

It's "regardless." Period!!

by Anonymousreply 110October 9, 2021 9:43 PM

I also am a stickler for the precise placement of "only." "He only goes to church on Sundays" is not the same meaning as "He goes to church only on Sundays."

by Anonymousreply 111October 9, 2021 9:56 PM

People that pronounce any words starting with "wh..." wrong. The W comes before the H, the H is silent! They pronounce words like "white" as if they were saying "hwite".

by Anonymousreply 112October 9, 2021 10:56 PM

Actually, r17, we just didn't realize what insufferable assholes we were when we were your age. Like you are today.

by Anonymousreply 113October 10, 2021 12:45 AM

Most people say “if I was” when they should say “if I were.”

by Anonymousreply 114October 10, 2021 1:51 AM

R95

[quote] I know you’re waiting with baited breath and chomping at the bit

Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 115October 10, 2021 3:49 AM

"I seen it!"

"You should of told them."

"She was the most beautiful women at the dance."

"Their all crazy!!"

by Anonymousreply 116October 10, 2021 5:54 AM

Nothing else stood out to you, R115?

by Anonymousreply 117October 10, 2021 6:11 AM

Using the comparative or superlative with the word " unique." " That was the most unique poem I've ever read."

by Anonymousreply 118October 10, 2021 11:40 AM

[quote] Oy vey.

[quote]—The irony.

Which you obviously missed.

by Anonymousreply 119October 10, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote] I recognize this is rather off-topic, but a pet peeve of mine are books where the character "scheduled an appointment with my lawyer for 3PM the next day." That many 24-hour firms out there?

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 120October 10, 2021 12:08 PM

“Should have went” is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 121October 10, 2021 12:13 PM

That’s bad, but “should of went” is worser. In fact, I would say it’s the worse of all.

by Anonymousreply 122October 10, 2021 6:22 PM

R122 - your the worse.

by Anonymousreply 123October 10, 2021 6:33 PM

Eh, you don’t know nothin.

by Anonymousreply 124October 10, 2021 7:09 PM

This isn't grammar and it doesn't hurt my ears because it's written, but it does sadden me. On a recent neighborhood Facebook page:

a Halloween display that's "kiddie corner" from the poster's house;

propane tanks available at the "you hall" business on XXX Ave.

Those Facebook posters depend on the written language to communicate at their chosen website, but they haven't read enough of that language to understand how to use it correctly. Both of them appear to be adults and native English speakers -- how did they grow up to be so ignorant? America's free MANDATORY public education is pathetic! Mark Twain dropped out of school after the 5th grade to become a printer's apprentice and spend his free time in public libraries -- I'd recommend his method rather than urging kids to stay in school.

by Anonymousreply 125October 17, 2021 12:49 AM

I seen your so-called evidence!

Have you tooken me for a fool?

by Anonymousreply 126October 17, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote] This isn't grammar and it doesn't hurt my ears

Um, thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 127October 17, 2021 1:34 PM

Those seem like spellcheck issues to me, R125.

by Anonymousreply 128October 17, 2021 3:14 PM

Literally.

by Anonymousreply 129October 17, 2021 3:54 PM

R128, I've spared you the rest of those posters' spelling, grammar, syntax, and punctuation all over Facebook. I'm afraid it goes deeper than just being too lazy to proofread for spellcheck issues.

by Anonymousreply 130October 17, 2021 4:44 PM

R128, what’s the difference? It’s a mute point.

by Anonymousreply 131October 17, 2021 9:47 PM

I have to ask whether that was supposed to be a joke, R131?

by Anonymousreply 132October 17, 2021 10:56 PM

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, R132 -- it made me laugh and I'm a pretty diehard Grammar Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 133October 17, 2021 11:01 PM

R132, you’re really asking that on a thread entitled “Bad grammar that hurts your ears”?

Bless your lil heart, darlin’.

by Anonymousreply 134October 17, 2021 11:08 PM

R132 has proofed that there’s a lid for every port.

R115 is the port.

by Anonymousreply 135October 17, 2021 11:33 PM

Not a grammar error, but I'm sick of hearing people say, "That's the end all and be all." Ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 136October 17, 2021 11:41 PM

Proved, not proofed, R135, but okay.

(as far as I know "proof" as a verb only involves producing identification regarding being old enough to purchase alcohol)

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2021 11:43 PM

R132/R137 is just trawling now.

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2021 11:46 PM

And yeast, R137.

by Anonymousreply 139October 17, 2021 11:52 PM

Revert back to.

by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2021 4:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!