Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever visited Istanbul?

What to do? Where and in which hotels to stay? What to eat? How many days?

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2021 11:58 AM

No, but I've been to Constantinople

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2021 2:33 AM

I have not, but I'm sure I'd love to try the doner kebab.

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2021 2:47 AM

I would take at least a full week to visit, OP.

You will want to see the Topkapi Palace and the nearby Underground Cistern (which together take a day), the Istanbul Bazaar, the Blue Moque, the Hagia Sofia, the Yeni Mosque, Pira and its shops and arcades (another full day), the Pira Palace Hotel (ask at the front desk to see the Agatha Christie suite, where she wrote "Murder on the Orient Express"), the Sikkeci Railway station (where the 1974 film "Murder of the Orient Express" opens), the Jewish Quarter, the Walls of Constantinople, and the amazing and beautiful Byzantine murals at the church at Chora (which is hard to get to but so worth it). If you have time, take the ferry out from Sirkeci to see the islands of Buyukada. and I also very much recommend taking the cable car up to see the fabulous Pierre Loti Coffee House. And definitely take a river tour along the Bosphorus from the Sea of Marmara to the Black Sea so as to the beautiful old houses built around the riverside.

I have no recommendations for hotels since I stayed with friends. I do not recommend spending a lot of money on food--you can great Turkish food fairly inexpensively at local restaurants (I do highly recommend getting the favorite local dish "The Imam Fainted," which is a chilled baked eggplant half hollowed out and filled with a mix of diced and spiced red tomatoes and onions).

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2021 2:49 AM

Thanks. How about desserts?

So 7 nights/8 days?

Is Cappadocia and/or Ephesus worth it?

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2021 3:10 AM

Sounds fantastic, now I want to visit as well.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote]No, but I've been to Constantinople

To me, it will always be Byzantium.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote] in which hotels to stay?

My favorite small and cute hotel in Istanbul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2021 2:13 AM

I suggest 2 months so you can have a love affair. You could also visit some other regions of Turkey or even a bit afar. Late spring or early autumn.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2021 2:16 AM

Sauna / sex stories, please!

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2021 2:18 AM

I was born in Byzantium.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2021 2:48 AM

R10 = Olivia de Havilland

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2021 2:52 AM

Beautiful city good looking men

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2021 2:55 AM

No, never. I always preferred Alexandria.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 2:59 AM

I went in the month of March. It was very cold.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2021 3:04 AM

Gay friendly?

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2021 3:13 AM

True story- I was 26, good looking, athletic but no jock, staying one night in Istanbul before flying to Izmir. It was 1996 and Damron's gay guide said that guys cruised the park around the Blue Mosque. So, I'm walking around the park and there were many guys looking for fun. It was about 10pm on a warm August night. Back then, they had rolling blackouts across Istanbul but this tourist spot still had a few lights on. I ending up meeting this very very manly and attractive Turk who was about 40 years old. We go down a side street and into an abandoned shelled out store. We step inside a few feet into the shadows. I'm kinda scared. I'm nervous. I'm excited and hard. I try to kiss. Turkish men do not kiss. He unzips and out flops the biggest fattest meatiest uncut cock I've ever seen-- then or since. I start sucking but it was too big but I'm trying. I can't even get the head in my mouth. He gets a little upset and pulls me up and starts to turn me around. "No", I tell him, "I'm not into that". "Is goood for you," he said in broken English while being more forceful pushing and trying to get me to turn around. "Let me suck it again," I say. "Is Goood," he says as he holds me tighter and tries again to bend me over. "No," I say more forcibly. "You like," he says with his strong hand on my shoulders. I'm freaked and panic! I've seen Midnight Express! This time, I don't resist and add to the twist and spin around and out about three feet away. I immediately shuffle into the street with my pants at my ankles. I'm shuffling towards the working street light. I pull up my pants and hear him saying, "friend, friend." I never looked back. It is one of my fondest memories of Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 3:27 AM

Cappadocia definitely worth a visit, but it needs time. Not good for a rushed trip. The sight of the hot air balloons floating over the landscape every morning is unforgettable. Also, summers there are hot and winters cold, so plan accordingly.

As for food in Istanbul, expect to get addicted to simit.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 3:28 AM

Go to a rooftop bar overlooking the bosphorous.. The views are beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 3:52 AM

I loved it. You definitely want to try a hammam if you like that sort of thing. I stayed at Regie Ottoman and it was great.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2021 3:58 AM

r16 Your story falls a part at the mention of "uncut." There must be close to zero uncut men in Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2021 11:35 AM

Where next OP? Dubai? Pakistan? Iran?

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 11:41 AM

I wouldn't go there...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2021 11:48 AM

Here you go, OP. The best advice you'll receive on Istanbul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 12:23 PM

Thanks to Syrian war and refugee crisis that followed the city of Istanbul used to be easiest place in to world to score nice brown cut cock. For several years it became a magnet for so many desperate yet handsome Arab twinks with oversized dicks. And they're very affordable too just buy them a drink or meal and you can play for few hours. Off course they all top and usually reluctant to kiss .

Not sure the about the situation now though.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 12:59 PM

Great story R16. I wonder what it is that makes Turkish men's cocks so thick and fat.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 1:01 PM

It was interesting - but so many people had hyped it as the most interesting city in the world, it was somewhat of an OK experience. History and unique - but certain Middle Eastern/less than First World aspects. Take taxis everywhere - city is a little spread out with independent walking areas. Bazaar is filled with aggressive hawkers, no explicit gay scene, cute men but a vibe of fear, decent mediocre food. Water cruise was the best part.

Stayed at the Hilton. Helped to be at a Western hotel. Having done it once, I have no desire to go back. But a bucket list kind of place.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 1:08 PM

If you have time, visit the Cemberlitas Hamam and have a Turkish bath. Totally relaxing - the men and women are separate. It's very peaceful and was quite cheap when I went years ago.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 1:13 PM

More about insanely fat Turkish cocks!

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 2:16 PM

I absolutely hated it...but I was there about 20 years ago on a school trip. Somehow though I think it would have only gotten worse since then.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2021 2:59 PM

[20] We were in the dark. It felt and tasted uncut. Maybe it wasn't but It was big and fleshy.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2021 3:44 PM

R26 When I walked around big bazaar two very hot guys invited me to sit and drink tea and to look what they had to offer. I sat down drank my tea and suddenly noticed I was getting hard on. The situation seemed so erotic and heated. They noticed and I became next guy to have hot session with them. I am sure they had had many before and after me. Guys are available everywhere, you just need to notice little gestures.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2021 4:48 PM

Honestly, Cairo is more laid back and simple. Istanbul really is a crossroads of competing culture, very sophisticated, and has a very high "vibration" one could say.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2021 6:16 PM

Cairo is fascinating certainly in a way that Istanbul is not. But it's also very third-world in a way Istanbul is not. And getting constantly hassled as a foreigner in Egypt will quickly wear almost anyone down.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 6:43 PM

How I avoid street harassment in Cairo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 11:27 PM

Don't go to R2 's doner party, you'll be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2021 11:42 PM

I hear the cherries in Istanbul are as large as golf balls.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2021 12:03 AM

Istanbul is wonderful. It needs at least 4 days to see around. Stay in the old part of the city, not Taksim. On the other hand, Cairo is a more third-world city, but a paradise for bottoms, especially Caucasian bottoms, no matter how old they are.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2021 12:22 AM

My hole certainly got a workout on my trips to Cairo.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2021 12:24 AM

A wonderful city. It beware of cab driver ripoffs!

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2021 12:38 AM

Been there many times. From a topographical view it reminds me of San Francisco. One of my favorite films set in Istanbul. Steam-Haman .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2021 1:17 AM

^ And no the real Turkish bath experience is nothing like this film. Unless you like being assaulted by Joseph Stalin.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2021 1:19 AM

I love Istanbul region. I stay in Beşiktaş but often will spend the weekend on Burgaz Island. There are plenty of places to avoid, but more to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote] I wonder what it is that makes Turkish men's cocks so thick and fat.

The Turkish delight, Rose!

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote] Unless you like being assaulted by Joseph Stalin.

Well bring on the pogrom I say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2021 3:32 AM

Stalin is pretty hot, minus the dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote] Stalin is pretty hot, minus the dead eyes

One dead eye is a tragedy. Two dead eyes is a statistic.

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2021 5:53 PM

They r racist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2021 11:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!