Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

La Brea

What sort of fresh fuckery is this?

More Hollywood silliness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 22, 2022 6:51 PM

A couple years ago my daughter was watching something on Disney XD called something like Billy Dilly's adventures (inside the earth?). Somehow a few teens ended up inside the earth and having adventures. I see this as a similar thing.

The best part was this one character they met named Yucky. He could only say "yucky," and "indeed." I think he had a hairy mole.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2021 12:58 AM

They did this in the 1970's.

It was called "Land of the Lost."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2021 1:00 AM

Land of the Lost did it better.

Rofl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2021 1:02 AM

Sorry, it was called Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterrianan Summer

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2021 1:04 AM

"Subterrianan"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2021 1:11 AM

I watched the pilot because I was mildly intrigued. I won't watch anymore episodes. The writing and acting were so bad.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2021 2:07 AM

When do we get to see the Sleestaks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2021 8:59 AM

Maybe I'm too spoiled, but the CGI in the pilot is not very good. It's like what you'd expect from a show, filmed in Canada, done in the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2021 9:52 AM

The tar! The tar!

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2021 10:12 AM

Atrocious.

One of the worst pilots I've ever seen.

Can't believe NBC picked it up.

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2021 10:14 AM

The sink hole isn’t even on La Brea, it's on Wilshire, and they missed the chance to use actual footage of the destruction of LACMA integrated into the scene. And Chris Burden’s lamppost sculpture as a visual touch point with them scattered over the subterranean world like the ribbons from the Peterson Musuem.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2021 10:32 AM

Watched it. Total garbage. Low Rent Special Effects. A thousand hot guys in Hollywood and they cast the ugly guy to play the son--he is fat and wearing skinny jeans? Seriously? Not to mention his blubber was rolling out of his shirt after the dinosaur dog bit him...Ugh...And the Indian guy even made a LOST joke. Stupid. Don't waste your time. ..Daddy is kind of hot but his tv son needs to go back to the gym.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2021 10:42 AM

The show is filmed in Australia...

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2021 10:43 AM

[quote] A thousand hot guys in Hollywood and they cast the ugly guy to play the son--he is fat and wearing skinny jeans? Seriously? Not to mention his blubber was rolling out of his shirt after the dinosaur dog bit him...Ugh

Rofl!

I almost want to watch it just to see this. It sounds hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2021 10:49 AM

Natalie Zea is normally a lot of fun. She’s a genuinely good actress. The stuff on the surface (Dad’s visions/political coverups) is all a crashing bore.

The real fun to be had is the LOST ripoff in ancient LA.

I don’t understand why the whole show isn’t seeing the people learning to survive after they’ve gone through the wormhole.

The CGI is so bad that it must have been done on purpose this way. I was howling watching the daughter run away from the sinkhole across the green screen. The wolves were straight out of a video game circa 2002.

And yet, I would rather watch this than a network cop or doctor show.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2021 11:02 AM

Is still don’t understand how the cars were completely destroyed by the fall, but none of the people have so much as an abrasion let alone compound fractures.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2021 11:07 AM

The whole thing sounds campy, R15.

Is it?

Almost like an Ed Wood type of movie.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2021 11:09 AM

Review Quote = "La Brea Is a Sucking Sinkhole of a Sci-Fi Mystery Show. Both literally and in terms of quality" (Reason)................I don't understand why the daughter didn't take off her leg and pull the mother to safety? Also it's a government coverup but 50 Dinosaur Birds fly out of the hole and the public doesn't get suspicious? Uh, What? Also can the Dinosaur Dogs chase the fat son in every episode until he loses the Covid weight? He actually used to be cute...Also why is the Indian Guy fat too? Did they cast at a weight watchers acting class? So many questions....

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2021 11:13 AM

This show sounds so terrible it might even get cancelled before the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2021 11:17 AM

It's so cheap and basic even SyFy might have rejected it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2021 11:21 AM

This is the sort of dreck NBC will try to make happen a la fetch. Millions and millions of overheated marketing and production dollars will be spent, and if even only 15 people tune in, they will pretend it’s a big hit, trumpeting it as “TV’s #1 new obsession.” It will limp along for 3 or 4 seasons, wind up on Netflix and become a streaming hit. Network TV has become the loser high school friend you hang out with grudgingly on Saturday afternoons out of boredom and desperation, saving the real fun for the cool kids at night (a la streaming platforms). La Suck-A.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2021 11:26 AM

[quote] Millions and millions of overheated marketing and production dollars will be spent, and if even only 15 people tune in, they will pretend it’s a big hit

You totally nailed it, R21.

They're already doing it.

The commercial advertisements are all over television!

Hollywood knows how to sell crap.

If only they knew how to make shows that people would actually want to watch.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2021 6:19 PM

R17, sadly it’s not very campy. It is fast-paced though and entertaining enough to watch.

Comparing La Brea to NBC’s el stinko offering in Ordinary Joe, I’d rather watch 4 more seasons of the former than another 15 more minutes of the latter. La Brea may be a misguided Xerox copy of Lost, but at least it’s more of an interesting failure than putting James Wolk on a bland cop show and bland medical drama at the same time. Talk about network tv being completely bankrupt for ideas!

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote] La Brea may be a misguided Xerox copy of Lost

Are we sure it's not a copy of "Land of the Lost," like at R3?

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2021 6:36 PM

Definitely more Lost. One of the characters actually says, "Wow, it feels like we're on an episode of Lost." The writers at least acknowledge where they're boring their ideas from.

It's a large group of strangers- not a single family- who find themselves basically coming out of a twenty-car pile up. The scenes very much feel like they’re ripped from the plane crash in the Lost pilot.

All of the people have secrets (there’s a pile of heroin in the trunks of one of the cars; one guy has a gun, the cop is hoarding power bars(!)). There’s a stoner (Charlie), therapist (Locke), dad with visions above ground (Walt).

It’s very, very much a Lost ripoff.

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2021 7:47 PM

La Diarrbrhea

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2021 11:40 PM

More boring tropes = The gay couple who bicker (one of them is blind but he looks at everyone when talking to them)...The Lesbo Cop....The Navy Seal who can't even take care of himself....The Government Agents who have just been waiting for the deadbeat dads visions so they can let him fly a 20 million dollar plane. The religious loonys (who will probably turn out to be cult members).

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2021 2:12 AM

The big hole looks like it's supposed to be located at the La Brea tar pits.

I'm seeing the camera pointing in SE-direction capturing Wilshire between Fairfax and La Brea. But some of the buildings have been modified.

My old apartment on Hauser seems to have survived.

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2021 2:39 AM

What weird religion are the daughters that they’re obsessed with burying him so soon?

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2021 3:00 AM

r11 You realize the show isn't named because of the street, right? La Brea refers to the famous tar pits around which there is a museum and where the street gets it name. The tar pits are the last remnants of the pre-historic world on the surface in the LA area. The rest is underground, mostly in small oil deposits. Fossils and animal bones have long since been removed, hence the museum. In the TV show the sinkhole begins under the tar pits.

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote] And yet, I would rather watch this than a network cop or doctor show.

I've gotten to the point where I would rather watch campy shows like this more than cop and doctor shows.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2021 3:11 AM

I always heard about the La Brea tar pits when I was a kid in LA. I thought they were actually still there and you could get stuck in them like quicksand.

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2021 3:50 AM

Is La Brea related to La Belle?

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2021 4:48 AM

Should I DVR this show?

It sounds pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2021 1:27 AM

This show is a complete joke.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2021 1:47 AM

Episode Update. The fat son got his medicine. The Idiot Daughter is worthless and apparently going to fly with her crazy father into the light. The Lesbby cop has a son...The mute girl is a talker...The weedhead Indian seems to have an endless supply of weed. The dinosaur dogs are still running loose. The gay couple are neither attractive or watchable (seriously you they couldn't find a HOT gay couple on their way to the gym before falling into the sinkhole?)...And the Navy Seal is a liar--he cannot possibly be a seal because he is too stupid to even take care of himself. .....ALL CAUGHT UP...

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2021 6:13 AM

R36 I’m willing to keep watching as long as you keep recapping.

by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2021 6:31 AM

The most unattractive and boring gays in LA. Couldn’t they have made them Sam Cushing and Andrew Neighbors and have them Instagraming from the big hole from beyond as they’re secret way of communicating?

by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2021 6:34 AM

R37 = See you next week!!

by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2021 6:34 AM

This series took DL quite seriously when it asked to "present hole."

by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2021 7:21 AM

R32. I grew up in LA and we would visit the tar pits along with LACMA which is adjacent.

The tar pits are still very much there and they keep finding bones in it. LA's first known homicide was discovered in the pits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2021 7:28 AM

What A Ho!

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2021 7:36 AM

Eoin Macken is still easy on the eye. Why I most certainly would you know!

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2021 9:07 AM

How do we know that the La Brea tar pits weren't just a very large cesspool?

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2021 3:41 PM

Because it would be in New Jersey

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2021 3:51 PM

I knew I saw the hot daddy pilot somewhere before . He was Gwaine in the gaybaiting DL fave series Merlin.

And why the mom look like a poor man's Blake Lively?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2021 11:45 AM

Where do you get your tar?

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2021 12:35 PM

What a shit show!

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2021 1:42 PM

This show is so bad. First episode was pathetic and laughable. This will make "Lost" look like "Gone With the Wind" in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2021 1:52 PM

Natalie Zea should just give up acting and go into teaching or something. She’s relentlessly mediocre and will never be in a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2021 1:56 PM

The son is a Tik-Tok star.

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2021 2:00 PM

R51 = He sure isn't an acting star. Pix make him look cute. But falling thru that light made him FAT for some reason. At least Melrose Place fired their first Billy when he showed up fat....

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2021 9:33 AM

When confronted by the wolf, mom’s first instinct was to tell her son to RUN - which is about the worst thing you can do when confronting a predator.

Not learning any lessons from her son’s mauling, when confronted by an even larger sabretoothed cat she again yells RUN!! Thus setting off another pursuit bound to end in death.

by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2021 2:58 PM

R53, I had the exact same conversation in my living room, LOL. I decided to continue hate-watching the show as long as it lasts.

by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2021 3:01 PM

R53 That’s the Mom’s catch phrase in this show, she said it to the daughter as the sink hole consumed LA.

by Anonymousreply 55October 10, 2021 4:01 PM

I've watched both episodes. The show has a very basic cable, shot in Canada look about it. I like Natalie Zea, so I'm going to give it a shot. But I'm not sure why network shows have forgotten how to make shows look good and cast pretty people.

by Anonymousreply 56October 10, 2021 4:14 PM

It’s actually shot in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 57October 10, 2021 4:16 PM

They should have hired some New Zealanders for the CGI.

by Anonymousreply 58October 10, 2021 4:17 PM

Looks like a LOST + STRANGER THINGS ripoff.

by Anonymousreply 59October 10, 2021 4:58 PM

5.1/10 rating on IMDB.

La Brea is Spanish for "the tar," so when people say the La Brea tar pits they're calling them "the the tar tar pits." Which I guess indicates the stammering terror with which they strike the people of the city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 10, 2021 5:01 PM

I want someone to do TikToks with that “Run” sound bite for every scene the mother does saying it.

by Anonymousreply 61October 10, 2021 5:25 PM

Isn't the natural instinct to run? In spite of not running being the best option.

by Anonymousreply 62October 10, 2021 5:28 PM

[quote]The sink hole isn’t even on La Brea, it's on Wilshire...

Where the LA BREA TAR PITS are located.

by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2021 5:30 PM

She’s kind of a helicopter Mom, so I think she feels it’s her responsibility to always announce it with great emphasis.

by Anonymousreply 64October 10, 2021 5:31 PM

If you’re lived in LA one talks about street and boulevards by their singular name such as “Fairfax,” “Robertson,” or the infamous “Melrose.” You don’t usually refer to the museum as just “La Brea,” but you would the street. This show would be more aptly named “Wilshire!”

by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2021 5:35 PM

[quote]This show would be more aptly named “Wilshire!”

Except it is about the tar pits and the prehistoric animals found within.

by Anonymousreply 66October 10, 2021 10:16 PM

Well, a show about the golden age of LA department stores could be called “Wilshire!”

by Anonymousreply 67October 10, 2021 10:20 PM

This show is so fucking horrible!!!!

Make it stop, please!!!

by Anonymousreply 68October 10, 2021 10:41 PM

RECAP.....Fat Son got better--but not thinner. Food is being rationed until giant DinoSloth stops over and eats it all.Weedy Indian knows they are in the past. Lezzby Cops Son has a bad lezzby attitude like his mother. Hot Dad has a flashback and is worthless beyond his hot looks. Hot Dads semi hot friend Delgado shows up to pilot. Lezzby finds her son and they team up in the woods. Seal wants med school dropout daughter Riley to operate on him (and really who wouldn't).. Momma Eve has her first black friend, Ty. DinoBear chases them and Eve gets to use her "RUN" catchphrase...They end up in a cave and Lezzby and Son are there.. Fat Son watches gay couple from a distance--is he sexually curious? Bisexual? Trans?. Fat son and Riley operate while Weedy Indian watches. Hot Daddy, Delgado and Eve were in a love triangle years ago. Is Fat Son going to end up with a new daddy? Seal is cured mere minutes after his operation--from paralyzed to wiggling his toes!! A Miracle!!. Eve and crew get out of the cave and find Mushrooms--but not the fun kind---and take them to the camp. Lezzby cop killed her ex husband proving she has Lezzby Cred. Ty is dying (wow--they really are ripping off Lost) and confesses to Eve. She confesses she was "seeing someone" when her daughters accident happened. Delgado goes into the light and the Government idiots are "surprised" when the plane goes offline---like every drone and every other aircraft they have sent thru the light for years. Delgado Parachuted out and is fine so Eve will be getting laid soon--which will be kind of sexy since Hot Daddy will be watching from 2021--a whole new spin on a threeway!!.....All Caught Up!!.....video = FAT SON interviewed at 11 min mark...There is a reason he is wearing a black tee and they are not showing his waist..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2021 2:25 AM

He’s not fat.

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2021 2:35 AM

[quote]They did this in the 1970's. It was called "Land of the Lost."

Saw something very similar years ago on BBCAmerica, it was called PRIMEVIL. It ran from 2007-2011, not sure how many seasons BBC America aired

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2021 2:36 AM

R69 Not bad, but you forgot to mention the height of character development for the Gay couple this week was that they eat grass. That’s it, the whole episode, they eat grass. Thanks for highlighting Mamma’s catch phrase “Run!” I’ve asked some TikTokers to incorporate that sound bite with show footage, but no one’s taken me up on it. Also, they found a long dead suicide body in the cave and he was wearing a community college sweatshirt or something so they know he’s from present day. This really seems like something that should be on Saturday morning TV quailitywise, the CGI and effects are the present day equivalent of those that Marshall, Will and Holly had on their show. I’m waiting for the pylons to be discovered.

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2021 1:37 PM

Any guess on which episode Cha-Ka shows up?

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2021 5:47 PM

How can you assholes not like a show with both Jon Seda and Nicholas Gonzalez in it???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2021 6:10 PM

I love how people refuse to believe they’ve traveled in time after falling through a sinkhole into another world. A hidden world and sky beneath LA? Sure. Time travel? Don’t be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2021 4:41 AM

So many of them have guns and yet nobody shot DinoSloth?....He could have been their dinner. The government and Hot Daddy have known about these Light Gateways for years and studied them. Why would they start crying and assuming Delgado died just because his plane went offline when it went into the light?. For years the government has been sending planes and drones into the light and they always go offline. Why would Delgado be any different? An "experimental" plane but what makes it experimental? . Also after Mommy reveals she got knocked up by Delgado---which one of her kids will end up with a new daddy? My guess is Fat Son.

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2021 5:16 AM

How the fuck is this happening? I heard them announce it and I assumed they meant just on NBC, but it’s the lead of all the new shows? They can’t all be hate watching it like us can they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2021 7:23 AM

R77 = It's ratings are only being propped up by The Voice. Trust me---this show is tanking in the spring. And it is the "highest rated new show"---among LOW rated shows. That's like saying you are the smartest person on Fox News. It ain't that special.

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2021 10:28 AM

Eoin Macken is a major dish, that's for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2021 10:46 AM

R78 They are signing songs about La Brea on another show? Beyond the theme to Land of the Lost, what possible songs could they be doing that would encourage people to watch it?

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2021 1:04 PM

The boy is not fat. He just has womanly hips and a face like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote] Eoin Macken is a major dish, that's for sure.

For sure. Who's his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2021 5:56 PM

La Brea Premiere episode = 6.20 million viewers...........Episode 3 (Oct 12) = 5.09 million viewers....La Brea is losing viewers. And again--the show is propped up by The Voice ratings...Fat Son better start looking for a gym membership and an acting coach.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2021 3:20 AM

How is the Voice singing it’s praises and why would anyone follow their reviews of TV shows?

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2021 3:26 AM

They had a long shot of fat son this week, he's not fat and I think he's kinda hot. I'd let him stick it in me ( not like that would put him in an exclusive club or anything, but... just sayin')

I really like Natalie Zea, but she's aged or it's the makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2021 3:34 AM

So, does the lost leg girl actress really have a prosthetic and did they CGI the image with her having a before leg? And if she doesn’t, how is the differently abled audience not coming for this show?

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2021 3:38 AM

Wait a minute, are they saying that only people with missing legs can play people with missing legs?

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2021 3:40 AM

R85 = No Joke...That picture is BEFORE his Covid weight gain. In the first episode he was wearing jeans and a shirt AND a tee shirt after Dino attacked him and the blubber was rolling out from under his tee shirt when he was lying on the ground. That is how we saw he was fat...Is he obese? No. But Fat? Yes....Mystery Solved.

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2021 3:54 AM

Just so we're clear, I like that we call him Fat Son. I just don't think he's fat, but you're right he may have a few Covid #s going on.

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2021 4:03 AM

Maybe he really liked the food down under?

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2021 4:17 AM

I watched the first episode and it was so bad I was laughing all the way through it.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2021 5:31 AM

He was never fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2021 5:34 AM

I have no idea how you weirdos are calling Jack Martin "fat."

He's nowhere near being fat.

Jack is definitely an attractive guy, but his looks are very nondescript.

Wouldn't stop me from sucking him off, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2021 8:15 AM

I didn't know people still watched shows like this.

by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2021 12:17 AM

[quote]Well, a show about the golden age of LA department stores could be called “Wilshire!”

Where DL's eldergays had lunch with Mother.

by Anonymousreply 95October 17, 2021 1:24 AM

The fact that people can literally fall from the sky without a scratch is a bigger plot hole than... well the La Brea hole itself.

And when did the natives of supposedly health conscious LA were this FAT?

by Anonymousreply 96October 17, 2021 9:39 AM

PROMO shows the survivors coming up on a "village" = undoubtedly other survivors from the other time warps the Government knew about. Is there anything they won't steal from Lost?..Can a polar bear be far behind? Will the Dharma Initiative be behind the Time Warps?....VIDEO = Juliettes first appearance in a village on the island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2021 10:22 AM

I’m sad, still no one has made TikToks to that one musical meme sound bite with “Run” of the mother saying her catch phrase each week. I get it, it’s no Erkel saying “Did I do that!” but most of the good ones were already used up by the turn of the century anyways.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2021 11:21 AM

R98 = Be sure and post it when it pops up...I know someone will do it eventually...

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2021 11:23 AM

ROMO shows the survivors coming up on a "village"

Chaka and the Sleestaks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2021 2:26 PM

But will there be pylons, there better be pylons!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2021 2:36 PM

La Brea will end with them discovering that they are all just trapped in the sound stage where Land of the Lost is filmed when Marshall, Will and Holly walk on to the set.

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2021 2:37 PM

Why is NBC smearing this shit show all over cable?

I see it popping up on USA Network, BRAVO, and even SyFy.

Stop trying to make La diaBRhhEA happen!

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2021 2:42 PM

This show is HOT GARBAGE. It’s ridiculous. Awful acting, silly characters/motivations, plot holes you could drive a truck through, terrible FX. But I can’t tell yet if it’s gonna be the kind of hot garbage that’s fun to watch week-in and week-out or not, like 911:Angela Bassett and 911:Rob Lowe are.

by Anonymousreply 104October 18, 2021 5:19 AM

Speaking of hot, sticky garbage: isn't this just about the tar pits overflowing?

by Anonymousreply 105October 18, 2021 6:07 AM

(quote) RUN!!

by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2021 6:14 AM

[quote] Run!!

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2021 6:15 AM

Fun fact: La Brea is Spanish for “the tar,” so the La Brea Tarpit is “the tarpit tarpit.”

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2021 6:19 AM

R108 must have had a stroke.

He didn't realize that he ALREADY POSTED that information at R60.

by Anonymousreply 109October 18, 2021 6:21 AM

Nicholas Gonzalez will keep me watching

by Anonymousreply 110October 18, 2021 6:37 AM

Wasn't there a similar US series like this a few years ago. I think Lake Bell was in it or an actress who resembled her.

The series featured aquatic dinosaurs, which were actually cute.

by Anonymousreply 111October 18, 2021 11:31 AM

R109 Maybe before there was “toast” and the smelling of phantom burning toast before a stroke people smelled phantom tar pits before stroking out?

by Anonymousreply 112October 18, 2021 1:24 PM

This is such a bad mess, I refuse to call it a hot mess, because hot messes have some entertainment value. The last show I found that bad and infuriating was the one with Anne Heche and James Tupper called Aftermath where the show throws everything including the kitchen sink at the wall. I gave up after five episodes where you didn't know what exactly was happening (zombies, dragons / dinosaurs, virus, aliens, ancient deities, hallucinations, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 113October 18, 2021 1:40 PM

It sounds like a mashup of several British shows where there's some sort of interdimensional portal going on, notably "Primeval," only in that one it's dinosaurs running around modern day Earth.

I can't be the only one who feels burned out on SF/fantasy/supernatural stuff because of so many people treating Covid as a write your own adventure game.

by Anonymousreply 114October 18, 2021 2:00 PM

Is that John Hawkes? He’s good people.

by Anonymousreply 115October 18, 2021 2:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 18, 2021 2:52 PM

It's no Supertrain, but then, what could possibly be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 18, 2021 2:53 PM

R109 spends entirely too much time on DL. I imagine her on permanent disability due to the degassing of the new carpets at the office and everyone was so glad to be rid of her they were happy to not contest her claim.

Now she sits, caftan-clad, in front of three computer screens, continually monitoring what everyone is saying on DL and when they’re saying it.

by Anonymousreply 118October 18, 2021 3:04 PM

PRIMEVIL was excellent, this shit-fest, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 119October 18, 2021 11:53 PM

The only thing that could possibly save this show is to add Chaka and the Sleestaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 18, 2021 11:58 PM

The girl from Land of the Lost grew up to look like CHA-KA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 19, 2021 12:02 AM

The showed fat son's stomach again.

by Anonymousreply 122October 20, 2021 1:06 AM

R122 = That blubber....I just can't....Fat son needs to find an exercise bike out there in the jungle.

by Anonymousreply 123October 20, 2021 1:12 AM

I would suck the cum out of "fat son" in a hot second.

Because a) he's not fat, and b) he's hot!

You lunatics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 20, 2021 1:16 AM

Fat son is crushing on Fat Indian..Stargazing together. Holding each other close in the water...Their Sexual Chemistry is so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 125October 20, 2021 1:28 AM

Is Fat Indian male or female?

I haven't watched this shit fest yet.

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2021 1:29 AM

Can they fly the plane out, is it salvageable?

by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2021 1:46 AM

I see the Government Lady is a Lezzby and has a wife....

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2021 1:54 AM

Lol, they just showed a scene from next week, and she yelled: RUN!

by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2021 2:02 AM

"Fat Son" is not fat. He's cute.

by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2021 2:39 AM

Of all the pilots who might come searching for them he knows some of the people who are there? That seems very circumstantial.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2021 5:16 AM

Can’t they just build an elevator to take them out?

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2021 5:18 AM

So some rogue former government employee builds a multimillion dollar experimental aircraft out of random parts in her she shed? That could happen!

by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2021 5:53 AM

I liked how the village has a wall and a gate but doesn't lock the front door to keep anyone out. I was also disappointed Fat Son didn't reach over and kiss Fat Indian while they were stargazing--I could tell he wanted to until the College Dropout Chick interrupted them.

by Anonymousreply 134October 20, 2021 6:13 AM

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you, that no one has said “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore!” When something out of the ordinary happens.

by Anonymousreply 135October 20, 2021 6:17 AM

Has anyone punched the mum yet when she screams at people to run?

by Anonymousreply 136October 20, 2021 8:52 AM

The Mom yelling RUN is one of the only good things about the show.....By the way--drugs is another thing they ripped off from LOST....(Link---Hot Boone taking the plunge)......At least Lost wasn't afraid to kill off characters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 20, 2021 9:04 AM

I much would've preferred for Nicholas Gonzalez's character to have been in love with Hot Dad instead of the wife but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 138October 20, 2021 10:30 PM

It’s got some of the clunkiest dialogue.

“Lightning can cause that kind of burn.”

“And since there was no lightning [ominous pause] . . . that means SOMETHING ELSE caused it.

by Anonymousreply 139October 20, 2021 11:56 PM

I love a pilotless plane with a blown engine that has the presence of mind to crash upright and intact. So handy.

by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2021 11:57 PM

[quote] I liked how the village has a wall and a gate but doesn't lock the front door to keep anyone out.

And keeps the identifying mark on the inside, in case they forget who they are on the way out.

by Anonymousreply 141October 21, 2021 12:00 AM

In two weeks they discover Angelyne.

by Anonymousreply 142October 21, 2021 12:46 AM

1. Hot pilot daddy and his permanent "confuse face" is the only reason I keep on watching .

2. Fat Indian character is so stereotypically offensive.

3. Heroin dealer is kinda sexy.

by Anonymousreply 143October 21, 2021 3:50 PM

What does heroin dealer need his heroin for? Does he imagine that whoever rescues him is going to let him bring it back and sell it?

by Anonymousreply 144October 21, 2021 3:54 PM

They really needed a Professor, MaryAnn and a Movie Star, and a real one, playing themselves, it is LA after all.

by Anonymousreply 145October 21, 2021 4:02 PM

Well, this is impressive at the very least, especially since she wasn’t one of “the victims” of not outrunning the sinkhole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 24, 2021 1:15 AM

R146 = The actress is as annoying as fuck. Not just the character. She was snide once when someone asked about her disability. She should expect to talk about it....VIDEO LINK of her = Look at the background. She must have filmed it in the Trailer Park she lived in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 24, 2021 1:55 AM

That explains her casting. What about the blandest guy in the world as her brother? He’s not fat, but he has a pudgy face.

by Anonymousreply 148October 24, 2021 2:39 AM

She’s a terrible actress but that’s not saying much when compared to the rest of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 149October 24, 2021 2:47 AM

There was nothing compelling about her to watch that interview R147. I gave up after 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 150October 24, 2021 4:36 AM

RUN!

As far away from this show as you can!!

Because it really sucks.

by Anonymousreply 151October 24, 2021 5:08 AM

I’m still hate-watching, but I’m not sure if I’ll stick around much longer. It really is offensively bad.

by Anonymousreply 152October 24, 2021 5:39 AM

Hopefully the series will explore other survivors backstory too. The fat policewoman looks fun.. So is the other fat ( off course ) hijab woman.

by Anonymousreply 153October 24, 2021 10:56 AM

What night is this shit-show on, any way?

All the hilarious comments here, have me curious about it.

by Anonymousreply 154October 24, 2021 11:15 PM

I'm sticking with it for the full season. It's good kind of bad.

by Anonymousreply 155October 24, 2021 11:19 PM

It airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC.

Also available at NBC.com and on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 156October 24, 2021 11:20 PM

Why couldn't the characters have gotten sucked into a cesspool?

It would have been perfect, to go along with the shit acting!

by Anonymousreply 157October 24, 2021 11:29 PM

I am also hate watching this crapfest, I find it oddly entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 158October 24, 2021 11:35 PM

The guy who plays the drug dealer is hot.

by Anonymousreply 159October 24, 2021 11:35 PM

Is the "fat son" really fat?

by Anonymousreply 160October 25, 2021 12:25 AM

We see the Curson street sign and we see the ex-skeleton of the Peterson Auto Museum on Fairfax, indicating everything between those two has fallen into this new realm.

One of the things that lies between those two is an art museum. A museum known as the LA County Museum of Art. Why didn't that fall through to the new realm?

Similarly, where is the collection of street lamps that sits near one of the LACMA entrances?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 25, 2021 12:51 AM

As they are running you do see the Robert O. Anderson LACAMA building imploding in the background, which was the 1980 addition. You don’t get to see the oldest buildings or the newest buildings disintegrating. The irony is, which you can see at the link below, that last year this building and the other older buildings of LACMA where completely dismantled for the new building design for the museum campus. I’m surprised they didn’t just try to encompass actual footage of those buildings in a ruinous state. So, they did try to show the sinkhole happening before the tear down of the museum rather then the actual present day demolition/construction site it is now.

They do stop showing that side of the street after the Anderson building. Most likely the street light sculpture called “Urban Light” by Chris Burden is not shown at all, even in remnants, is because he’s a very litigious artist. He already sued a park in Indonesia that had done a knock off of the work and the show was probably reluctant to tempt fate by showing even elements of it let alone it’s destruction. The new Academy Museum’s old May Department store building was probably left out of being shown as well since it’s literally just getting off the ground after decades of being established. That left the Petersen Automotive building to destroy and its iconic ribbons to have fallen through.

Maybe if they would have filmed the “other world” in LA instead of Australia they could have filmed at the landfill where they carted off the rubble to and used that as the backdrop with the actual ruined buildings as themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 25, 2021 1:58 AM

Also on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 163October 25, 2021 4:39 AM

This show is not good. Some of the acting is terrible (like the "psychic" dad... he's just awful).

by Anonymousreply 164October 25, 2021 2:31 PM

“RUN!!!”

by Anonymousreply 165October 25, 2021 4:10 PM

38% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. What are they smoking?

by Anonymousreply 166October 25, 2021 10:40 PM

38% is rotten, which is what this show deserves.

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2021 12:53 AM

38% is higher than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2021 1:00 AM

New episode tonight. Run!!

by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2021 4:55 PM

When they repackage this series for season two because it did OK, but not as well as they hoped, my wish is that they rename it “RUN!!!”

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2021 5:17 PM

People are talking about "RUN!" on twitter right now.

by Anonymousreply 171October 27, 2021 1:27 AM

Legless is annoying. Hot Daddy cannot act. And Hot Daddy seems a little too "into" Legless. Creepy...Fat Son and DropOut have zero chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 172October 27, 2021 1:31 AM

Now fat son said run.

by Anonymousreply 173October 27, 2021 1:33 AM

The Little Village Kid is Transgendered.

by Anonymousreply 174October 27, 2021 1:41 AM

Will Fat Son turn into Fat Gay Son?

I hope so!

La Brea Sewer Pit.

by Anonymousreply 175October 27, 2021 1:43 AM

Dope Dealer is fuckable. But that's not saying much with this cast. ....Is Blind Gay not blind anymore?.......Fat Son is bisexual. He is clearly torn between Fat Indian and Dropout. And who kisses on the cheek? Was that scene written in 1954?

by Anonymousreply 176October 27, 2021 1:53 AM

The Village People = You may leave, rather than exchange information with us so we can all have as much information as possible. (((eye roll)))

by Anonymousreply 177October 27, 2021 1:54 AM

And they had child sister wives!

by Anonymousreply 178October 27, 2021 2:06 AM

Wait---This show expects me to believe not a single HOT gay couple, on their way to the gym, didn't fall thru the hole? ...And why did so many lesbians fall thru the hole? Is that part of the mystery?

by Anonymousreply 179October 27, 2021 2:08 AM

R179 I brought this up earlier as well, in the land of the beautiful gays this is what we get, that’s harder to believe then the sinkhole.

by Anonymousreply 180October 27, 2021 2:13 AM

I think TV got in trouble for showing only hot (masculine gays) who were interchangeable with straight guys. So they mixed it up.

by Anonymousreply 181October 27, 2021 2:14 AM

R181 Mixed it up would have been at least letting one of them be that, this is just unreality. One of them should have been a prissy little bottom Instagay like Sam Cushing or Andrew Neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 182October 27, 2021 2:24 AM

So, a lesbian softball team is down there?

by Anonymousreply 183October 27, 2021 3:20 AM

The Found Letter was the stupidest thing of the week. Navy Seal was originally the male lead in the camp and now Hot Pilot has taken his place. Seal won't last the season. He is disposable. Even Run Mom has more men than she needs. By the way--shouldn't there be HUNDREDS of people who fell into the hole?...And yet the group gatherings at camp seem really small....I remember Lost very early on established 70 survivors (and that was before survivors from the tail end of the plane appeared on the other side of the island and brought the number up to another 20). Could someone please do a headcount because if 50 people "fell thru the hole" and are at the camp--surely there are hundreds more in the woods?

by Anonymousreply 184October 27, 2021 3:22 AM

This show is so bad, I found myself checking my work email without even realizing it.

The eye-roles, the cliches, the tropes... it's not just the actors that are terrible, the writers are even worse.

by Anonymousreply 185October 27, 2021 4:00 AM

They’re all pairing up to carry on the human race quite early after just five days. And I was expecting a “Room” situation with those girls, but I thought the older one was the mother of the younger one.

by Anonymousreply 186October 27, 2021 4:25 AM

R185 = Yeah. It is becoming obvious that this is going from "hate watching" to "unwatchable". The show also seems to think they are ending their episodes with cliffhangers but all of it is predictable and lame. Who else thinks Leggsy is going to be on the plane hot daddy is getting on?.

by Anonymousreply 187October 27, 2021 4:30 AM

I can see why “Run!” is their catchphrase. They are AMAZING runners—faster than their enemies, and apparently invisible much of the time. Still, Fat Boy had to remind College Girl to sshhhhhh! when they were hiding feet away from the hunters.

by Anonymousreply 188October 27, 2021 4:56 AM

Amazing that the 12,000-year-old paper degraded over time by being torn into little pieces. Perhaps an archeologist or materials engineer can explain? Still perfectly legible though. That was lucky.

by Anonymousreply 189October 27, 2021 4:59 AM

“Run!” Lady is quite the optimist to write that letter to her husband, huh? And her optimism was redeemed—he read it, and just a few days after she disappeared, in time to beat the closing space-time magic window. It just goes to show that for every bit if bad luck, fate offers a bit of good luck.

by Anonymousreply 190October 27, 2021 5:03 AM

So Veronica abducted Lilly, poor kid.

Dr. Dads face looks different to me, did they start doing their own makeup to save money.

by Anonymousreply 191October 28, 2021 2:43 AM

The show is a disaster and not in a good way. I've never seen such poor acting and inept script writing.

by Anonymousreply 192October 28, 2021 4:17 AM

Like most people here I wont bother to remember the characters by their names LOL

So lesbian fiancé still alive and now the leader of the barbarian tribe. I don't see other woman yet they have kids around so she bred with the rest of the men ? ( lucky bitch )

Love the sexual tension between the fat Indian and the heroine dealer too.

by Anonymousreply 193October 28, 2021 1:17 PM

[quote] Like most people here I wont bother to remember the characters by their names LOL

Damn you, whoever came up with the name "Fat Son."

That name is burned into my brain!!

by Anonymousreply 194October 28, 2021 6:09 PM

I’m glad we added lesbian leader to our cast for some more LGBTQ+ representation, hopefully there’s more to come from the alphabet mafia and they rule the netherworld. One thing that’s strange, one of the few reasons anyone ever walks in LA is taking out the dog. It’s hard to believe there are no dogs that fell through?

by Anonymousreply 195October 28, 2021 9:03 PM

La Brea has been nominated for a Peoples Choice Award? .....This first season (and probably last) is only ten episodes. We are half way thru. TV Line took a dig at the show, blaming the bad acting on the show not being able to find better actors who would travel to Australia during covid. Australia is where this slop is filmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 28, 2021 10:58 PM

[quote] La Brea has been nominated for a Peoples Choice Award?

That's how you know these award shows are fake as shit!

A new show. The season isn't finished yet. And the acting and stories are ATROCIOUS.

Yet it's nominated for a People's Choice Award.

That's fucking BULLSHIT!

La DiaBRhhEA is obviously being pushed by Hollywood shills, who underestimated just how horrible this show truly is.

by Anonymousreply 197October 28, 2021 11:17 PM

This shit-show has been hyped to death from the very beginning, and it truly sucks ass!

Who really is responsible for trying to push this crap on us?

by Anonymousreply 198October 28, 2021 11:19 PM

I enjoy reading how you cunts trash the show. It's the only reason I'm still watching it. I agree, whoever created the term "Fat Son" needs a prize. All that said, the show has an interesting premise and I can see why it got some kind of nomination and I can see why people watch it. Hell, we've all watched far worse.

by Anonymousreply 199October 28, 2021 11:31 PM

This show ias ludicrously bad. The pacing is ridiculous. It's like a video game. The first plane guy shows up & "Run!" woman is like "Oh you've been injured! Get him some water and the first aid kit!" Two scenes later, him slowly standing up with arm bandaged and water consumed, "I'm feeling a lot better-" *BOOP* tracker thingy starts going off 🙄

Yes, the scene where Fat Son & girl are hiding in the shallow crevice right underneath the gut looking for them...... and the mom & pilot guy "hiding"behind the open shelves in the hut! Some of this looks like outtakes from Xena or Hercules.

by Anonymousreply 200October 29, 2021 4:07 AM

Predictions = Leggsy is coming thru the portal next so she can join her own love triangle with Dropout and Doper. Hot Daddy is coming thru the portal and Run Mom is going to tell him to get lost, which will make him even crazier than he already is. Fat Indian will find himself torn between Fat Son and Doper after he realizes Doper doesn't like romantic stargazing like Fat Son. DinoSloth comes back to eat and LezbyCop shoots it and turns him into Slot Burgers.

by Anonymousreply 201October 29, 2021 4:42 AM

Actually, the premise is bad. Having a huge disaster like that in the middle of LA would mean the entire world would be all over this, but they treat it as something a few people can cover up.

by Anonymousreply 202October 29, 2021 4:52 AM

Do we know yet if Run Mom is pregnant by the pilot? I’m sensing a Walking Dead Rick/Lori/Shane triangle coming.

by Anonymousreply 203October 29, 2021 6:24 AM

R203 = Fat Son is probably Hot Pilots kid. Run Mom already said she was with Hot Pilot after Leggsy was born. Leggsy is older so that leaves Fat Son. Hot Pilot was not even in the picture until LezzbyGovernment Lady sent for him to pilot the first plane..Run Mom is separated from Hot Daddy but seems to not have been involved with Hot Pilot for years..I don't think the show is going to do a triangle. Hot Daddy won't be very forgiving when he finds out Run Mom passed off someone elses kid as his.

by Anonymousreply 204October 29, 2021 7:15 AM

Has Skip E. Lowe appeared from behind a rock yet?

by Anonymousreply 205October 29, 2021 1:58 PM

Do we have an official DL character name guide yet? I need to keep my characters straight because I don’t really care what they are called on the show.

Is girl the official name for Dr dad’s offspring.

by Anonymousreply 206October 29, 2021 6:14 PM

It’s not worthy of the effort. It’s not as if any of these people are actual characters. They only exist to move the clunky plot along.

by Anonymousreply 207October 29, 2021 6:15 PM

Doctors Daughter is Dropout....Doctor is SEAL...For the record I was the first one to call out Governent Lady as Lezzby weeks ago before the reveal. How in the world could ANY network pass up the opportunity for a double minority?....Nice try, NBC..I knew what you were doing.

by Anonymousreply 208October 30, 2021 2:13 AM

She didn’t drop out. She changed her major from Pre-Med.

by Anonymousreply 209October 30, 2021 2:20 AM

She should have changed her major to Joan.

by Anonymousreply 210October 30, 2021 3:11 AM

R209 = Dropout is a good name for her. I am sticking with it. Also, she has been there for 5 days and she hasn't studied once!!! . Trust me, Dropout is her name. She is going to have problems when Leggsy shows up on Hot Daddys plane. Leggsy is sure to catch Dope Dealers eye, and Dropout looks like the jealous type.

by Anonymousreply 211October 30, 2021 3:20 AM

Finally a flashback....You can't be a Lost Ripoff without flashbacks...Hot Daddy is a drunk..Drunks can be hot.

by Anonymousreply 212November 3, 2021 1:02 AM

Question = If Hot Dad can see them in the past, why bother writing a letter?

by Anonymousreply 213November 3, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote] Hot Daddy is a drunk

Does he let guys suck his dick when he's wasted?

by Anonymousreply 214November 3, 2021 1:12 AM

R214 = I like to think so. He looks like he goes both ways.

by Anonymousreply 215November 3, 2021 1:18 AM

Lezzby Wedding?.....Diana better get used to being alone because her girlfriend has another Lezzby hanging around.

by Anonymousreply 216November 3, 2021 1:21 AM

They went out into the woods looking for the drugs, you know druggie wants hate fuck fat Indian.

by Anonymousreply 217November 3, 2021 1:22 AM

Hot Daddy = "Your plane will crash. My plane (which is an exact duplicate) won't"....WTF!!....And do the writers not know that people Fat Sons age don't go around calling family friends "uncle"?

by Anonymousreply 218November 3, 2021 1:33 AM

Lol, as dated as it is I loved the Hunger Games reference.

by Anonymousreply 219November 3, 2021 1:33 AM

Who is the actor who plays "hot daddy?"

by Anonymousreply 220November 3, 2021 1:34 AM

Cancel this shit show!!

by Anonymousreply 221November 3, 2021 1:38 AM

Fat Son got his haircut in 1986...

by Anonymousreply 222November 3, 2021 1:40 AM

Lezzby Pilot got shot like that chick on the Rust set....I hope Alec doesn't watch this show!!

by Anonymousreply 223November 3, 2021 1:50 AM

That didn’t make sense, the pilot would have known better to shoot and damage the plane, it would have made more sense to have their positions flipped and the cop’s shot to have been the damaging one.

by Anonymousreply 224November 3, 2021 1:54 AM

The Lesbians are being quite the renegades here.

by Anonymousreply 225November 3, 2021 2:00 AM

I/m losing track of the lesbians. How many do we have now? I know we just lost one. Someone should keep a running count.

by Anonymousreply 226November 3, 2021 4:35 AM

(1)--Lezzby Government Agent...(2) Government Agents Lady "friend"...(3) Dead Lezzby Pilot....(4) Lezzby Cop....(5) Lezzby Fake Sister (The way she knocked out the therapist with the bat? That has Lesbian Softball Coach written all over it)....(6) Legless Blonde Sister (c'mon. Who is she kidding?)......And let's not forget about the Tranny kid in the Village.

by Anonymousreply 227November 3, 2021 4:49 AM

So, a lot of lesbians, but not quite enough for a full softball team?

by Anonymousreply 228November 3, 2021 4:54 AM

Some of those are just speculative lesbians. Count them 50%.

by Anonymousreply 229November 3, 2021 4:56 AM

R229 So bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 230November 3, 2021 5:00 AM

Perhaps just an equivalent score.

by Anonymousreply 231November 3, 2021 5:18 AM

Who is the hot dad??

by Anonymousreply 232November 3, 2021 6:36 PM

I'm starting to like the show. Too bad there won't be a second season, unless they recast all the Australian actors or write them out of the show, including hot Josh McKenzie and film it somewhere else. Australia is still on strict lockdown mode, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 233November 3, 2021 6:43 PM

R233 = WoW....Dope Dealer is Australian?......I didn't know. Still Fuckable. Video Link....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 4, 2021 2:36 AM

Those two carrying that box full of gold was hilarious... it'd be WAY WAY too heavy for them to carry.

by Anonymousreply 235November 4, 2021 3:29 AM

I want to see a musical version of this!

by Anonymousreply 236November 4, 2021 3:59 AM

Yes, even the ingot he picked up would have been noticeably heavy.

by Anonymousreply 237November 4, 2021 4:40 AM

Thought this would be of interest here, this is a shot of the LACMA being demolished and where the sinkhole on the show is supposed to be. In the far left corner you can see the ribbons of the Petersen Museum that are shown on the show. I wonder how the neurotic and image conscious director of LACMA, Michael Govan, feels about his museum being destroyed in this show, even as he himself destroys it. I hope at some point they incorporate the idea of all this great art from throughout history having fallen through with them into the storyline. It would be a shame to have that obvious potential and not use it.

Since the Academy Museum is there too they could also find Dorothy’s ruby slippers and all the other film memorabilia that’s on display, Rosebud itself could become a motif. They could do a whole musical version built around Wizard of Oz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238November 5, 2021 2:40 AM

So they just tore down the old museum in order to build a new one in the same space? That’s rather unusual behavior for a museum.

by Anonymousreply 239November 5, 2021 5:09 AM

Someone needs to put this show out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 240November 5, 2021 5:15 AM

I hate myself for watching this show it’s like a a train wreck you can’t help but watch.

by Anonymousreply 241November 6, 2021 1:19 AM

And to think they canceled Manifest.

by Anonymousreply 242November 6, 2021 9:52 AM

r242, they did, and Netflix decided to renew it on their streaming platform (apparently for a 20 episode fourth season).

by Anonymousreply 243November 6, 2021 9:56 AM

There's a LAdiaBRhhEA marathon on SyFy today!

You can hate watch the entire crap fest in one sitting!

by Anonymousreply 244November 6, 2021 5:30 PM

My head would explode.

by Anonymousreply 245November 6, 2021 5:32 PM

And take a shot every time she say “RUN,”

by Anonymousreply 246November 6, 2021 6:46 PM

That could be very dangerous, alcohol poisoning is no joke.

by Anonymousreply 247November 7, 2021 12:58 AM

Where does Fat Indian think he is going to spend that gold?...Macys?....Run Mom didn't do a very good job with her bisexual Fat Son...Village Queen has arrived. Doper and the Survivors have banished Run Mom and Lezzby Cop---don't worry---they will be back...

by Anonymousreply 248November 10, 2021 1:08 AM

Hot Daddy has a nice house. Is that his house or is he freeloading at Run Moms house?....Lezzby Government Lady......OH MY GOD!!!.....Are we seriously going back to Hot Daddys birth?....HELL NO!!

by Anonymousreply 249November 10, 2021 1:12 AM

Hot Daddy is in his early 30s and has two kids who both look over 21?.......Seal is going to blow a hole to rescue Doper and Lezzby Cop. Physics says they will be killed by the blast but this is La Brea so they will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 250November 10, 2021 1:48 AM

I want the heroin dealer to fuck me in the worst way. He is really hot.

by Anonymousreply 251November 10, 2021 1:51 AM

Fat Son looks like Erics long lost brother on"That 70s Show".....British is super annoying and worthless.

by Anonymousreply 252November 10, 2021 2:01 AM

And I’m out.

They lost me when the fat son voted to exile his mother. Not enough amusement to put up with such dreadful writing.

I’ll check in periodically to see if they get the son naked.

by Anonymousreply 253November 10, 2021 2:19 AM

I move that Fat Son be re-named FatFaced Son, because it’s quite obvious that he’s not fat, and his body and ass are hot as hell, but his face is still….well, fat.

by Anonymousreply 254November 10, 2021 4:45 AM

I think they should devolve into a Lottery like community and pick one person out at random each week to stone to death.

by Anonymousreply 255November 10, 2021 5:33 AM

R255 = That would get the ratings up..This show is an incoherent mess. It was like they filmed the first episode and had no idea what to do next. 7 episodes and now the big "mystery" is Hot Daddy is adopted and in his early 30s?...I think not..Did he father Leggsy and Fat Son when he was in Junior High?..Only 3 episodes left!! ..I will say from the pilot episode until last nights episode (which was probably a couple of months)--Fat Son has lost weight--even in his face.. They probably told him after the show was picked up to get in shape because he was plump in that first episode. . Nothing can save this show. Cancellation is imminent...

by Anonymousreply 256November 10, 2021 8:12 AM

Killing off the Lezzy pilot in the same episode they found her was a big misstep. There was no sense of loss because we didn’t know or care about her.

by Anonymousreply 257November 10, 2021 8:40 AM

R257 = Exactly. The show has no emotional moments because viewers don't know any of these people. Who cares Hot Daddy was adopted.? I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Daddy was born in the 1800s and teleported to 1988. Leggsy went to school?...Who thinks the schools are open 5 days after a giant sinkhole opened in Los Angeles?..And where are the Dinosaur Condors?...Had to be dozens of them flying out of the hole in the first episode--and the government agents said they caught one. You are telling me nobody has spotted prehistoric birds flying around California.?...The only people who can act in this whole cast is Run Mom and Dopehead.

by Anonymousreply 258November 10, 2021 8:52 AM

[quote] I will say from the pilot episode until last nights episode (which was probably a couple of months)--Fat Son has lost weight--even in his face..

That's because I keep telling him to RUN!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 259November 10, 2021 1:02 PM

Plus he simply hates roasted rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 260November 10, 2021 3:45 PM

God this episode was so bad.

by Anonymousreply 261November 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Of course a gay character had to die.

Everything about this show rings false.

It's like a bad 80s show, but done with early 2000s effects and budget.

by Anonymousreply 262November 11, 2021 1:03 AM

Is it too much to ask for gratuitous nudity from the hot dad? Who knows maybe the ratings will improve.

Will druggie now become nicer after he been saved and will profess his love to the annoying fat Indian?

by Anonymousreply 263November 12, 2021 10:45 AM

I give the show credit for pushing the story along more than keeping their focus on characters' backstories and development. I kind of hate the shows where you get all the exposition about characters and almost no story development. Yes, one should care about characters to root for them, but I think it's better to make that happen through a story that unfolds in the present and not just through flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 264November 12, 2021 12:08 PM

A few weeks ago I read a theory on some site where the poster thought that the people falling through (sky people) were somehow related or descendants of the people in the village and that the holes opened up at specific time frames and locations to allow them to re enter. I’m starting to think that this might be the case with dad, he and the artist may have come from one of the openings.

by Anonymousreply 265November 12, 2021 5:54 PM

Has Nancy Silverton weighed in?

by Anonymousreply 266November 12, 2021 6:07 PM

Renewed baby!

[quote]Out of the gate, La Brea was this fall’s top-rated freshman debut, with a 0.8 demo rating (in Live+Same Day numbers; that number swells to a 1.1 with delayed playback). Season-to-date among new broadcast shows, the sci-fi drama is No. 1 in the coveted 18-49 demo, averaging a 1.0 rating (in Live+7 numbers). In total audience, La Brea trails only CBS’ NCIS: Hawai’i and FBI: International, by averaging nearly 8 million viewers in Live+7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 12, 2021 9:46 PM

R267 = Clearly NBC only renewed the show to spite DL....That's the only thing that makes sense!!!...I barely want to hate watch the next episode. WTF would I want to watch another lousy season?

by Anonymousreply 268November 13, 2021 1:53 AM

There was a hilarious thread "I Want To Visit The La Brea Tar Pits" on here about four years ago. It was one of the funniest ever.

by Anonymousreply 269November 13, 2021 3:05 AM

Really, this shit gets forwarded on for another season and Y: The Last Man doesn’t get picked up at all despite being intelligently done and having very important relative things to say? Why does the general audience lean towards shit Science Fiction instead of quality SciFi?

by Anonymousreply 270November 13, 2021 3:09 AM

R267 Oh thank Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 271November 13, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote] Renewed baby

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WHY????????

by Anonymousreply 272November 13, 2021 4:16 AM

What. The. Fuck?!?

by Anonymousreply 273November 13, 2021 4:17 AM

It must be cheap as fuck to get renewed. Obviously, this isn't about quality. It's about the excuse of having new content to air. And, according to the ratings, people don't care for quality either, just that it's new and shiny.

by Anonymousreply 274November 13, 2021 6:21 AM

What happened to all the dangerous animals?

by Anonymousreply 275November 13, 2021 6:23 AM

It's like Manifest meets Lost meets a huge fucking time hole.

by Anonymousreply 276November 13, 2021 6:24 AM

Even though it's basic cable level, I am curious about what it all means and if they'll ever get out of the past.

by Anonymousreply 277November 13, 2021 6:32 AM

If they get out, the show is over.

by Anonymousreply 278November 13, 2021 6:35 AM

[quote] If they get out, the show is over.

Remember "We need to get back to the island!" from Lost?

by Anonymousreply 279November 13, 2021 6:40 AM

Tranny Village Kid is back.

by Anonymousreply 280November 17, 2021 1:05 AM

How soon before this mess is canceled?

by Anonymousreply 281November 17, 2021 1:16 AM

This show couldn't even find a HOT High School guy to befriend leggsy?...Fat Sons hair is feathered from 1982...It's so feathered I wonder if it isn't a wig.

by Anonymousreply 282November 17, 2021 1:24 AM

Fat face son trashing his mom, and trying to boink drop out. Drop out's dad just lost his last Benzo.

by Anonymousreply 283November 17, 2021 1:28 AM

Rebecca?.....And Dropouts UNhot brother shows up?..Clearly this show was cast by a man hating Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 284November 17, 2021 1:49 AM

R281 Dude, it’s already been renewed, it’s the most watched new show for the fall!

by Anonymousreply 285November 17, 2021 1:54 AM

On Walking Dead World Beyond on Sunday the two sisters were hiding from the military in a lab and finally got a chance to get away and the one sister said to the other “RUN!” and I felt violated for Run Mom having her catch phrase stolen.

by Anonymousreply 286November 17, 2021 1:56 AM

Hot Daddy is Trans Village Boy?......oh my.....

by Anonymousreply 287November 17, 2021 2:01 AM

Saying La Brea is the "most watched new show of the fall season" is like saying you are the smartest person on FOX. This is what NBC does. La Breas ratings (which have dropped by millions since premiering), are propped up by The Voice. NBC renewed a garbage cheap show. They also renewed The Wall and Kenan, which are also ratings duds.

by Anonymousreply 288November 17, 2021 2:12 AM

You seem really angry about all of this R288. It's network TV not the President's Middle East Policy

by Anonymousreply 289November 17, 2021 2:20 AM

Does trans village kid aka Dad have special powers, is he the murderer.

High school boy has purses falling out every time he opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 290November 17, 2021 2:22 AM

R288 Dude, take it up with TVLine, don’t crucify me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291November 17, 2021 2:33 AM

R290 = Agreed about the brother...As he will now be known = Fancy Brother!!

by Anonymousreply 292November 17, 2021 2:43 AM

I was quite surprised to see Nick Nolte on the show as the village people leader. He will be known as Crazy Santa.

by Anonymousreply 293November 17, 2021 2:45 AM

How is a show THIS BAD getting renewed?

by Anonymousreply 294November 17, 2021 4:17 AM

So Daddy Seal is now Dopesick, can we sue the Sacklers from 10,000 B.C. as well?

by Anonymousreply 295November 17, 2021 9:52 AM

I assumed the LA scenes were still filmed in LA and just the underworld was filmed in Australia, but that didn’t look like any LA area beach.

by Anonymousreply 296November 17, 2021 9:54 AM

If they were on Wilshire driving to school, there’s no way they are going to a school named Pacific Canyon High School, that makes absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 297November 17, 2021 9:58 AM

Zea's really funny in that show that was on TBS "The Detour. " Great show

by Anonymousreply 298November 17, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] How is a show THIS BAD getting renewed?

That's the million dollar question.

I see this show hyped everywhere, and they've also been showing it on USA Network and SyFy.

Not only that, but they've been running "La Brea" marathons on weekends, where they show every episode so far.

It's fucking bizarre.

And then it's nominated for some television Award, as well!!!!

Something stinks about this show, besides the bad writing.

I think it's either nepotism, or someone is blowing/fucking someone behind the scenes, and having this SHIT SHOW promoted everywhere, is their reward.

by Anonymousreply 299November 17, 2021 4:56 PM

I can see why they are hyping the show. It’s clearly very cheap to produce.

by Anonymousreply 300November 17, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] I can see why they are hyping the show. It’s clearly very cheap to produce.

Which would explain why everything about this show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 301November 17, 2021 11:27 PM

I really want them to do a musical episode.

by Anonymousreply 302November 17, 2021 11:56 PM

[quote] I really want them to do a musical episode.

This show couldn't possibly get any worse.

by Anonymousreply 303November 17, 2021 11:58 PM

Don't tempt fate, R303.

I've stopped watching. I just can't continue.

by Anonymousreply 304November 18, 2021 2:07 AM

I’m a few episodes behind on this shitshow. Has anyone important died yet? Has FatFaced son gotten his shirt and/or pants off?

by Anonymousreply 305November 18, 2021 4:53 AM

R305 = Fat Son won't even take off his shirt. The actor is religious so don't expect to see any nipples anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 306November 18, 2021 5:03 AM

Drug Dealer dude is one of the few I want to see without his shirt.

But ... I just deleted the last episode unwatched from my DVR, and deleted the series from my recording schedule.

I just can't. It's so utterly, terribly bad. It's like 80's TV series bad.

by Anonymousreply 307November 18, 2021 5:09 AM

There are nipples on his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 308November 18, 2021 5:10 AM

Who's the drug dealer? What's up with his nips?

by Anonymousreply 309November 18, 2021 11:26 AM

Wow. They really go there with the timey-wimey (Doctor Who) stuff. Gavin and Isaiah couldn't look more different.

I am kind of starting to like it.

by Anonymousreply 310November 18, 2021 11:34 AM

The best thing about this show is how much you all hate it. I will continue watching, just for that reason. I hope you guys don't watching, this thread really makes the show for me.

Question, will Fat Son always be Fat Son on here? Because he's clearly getting hotter and buffer as the season progresses.

by Anonymousreply 311November 18, 2021 11:37 AM

Fat Son will open a gym in the down low world and use his before and after photos as his main marketing tool. Each of them will be opening their own side business.

by Anonymousreply 312November 18, 2021 11:39 AM

Nobody going to take off their clothes in this series right?

Hot Dad used to be a model I'm sure he's ok to show skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 18, 2021 2:16 PM

They only have the clothes they’re wearing and they have to wash them eventually . . .

by Anonymousreply 314November 18, 2021 3:00 PM

I like Natalie Zea a lot, but she looks too old for hot dad.

by Anonymousreply 315November 18, 2021 4:55 PM

If trans village kid is a young hot dad in the upside down then who is the girl he was found with?

by Anonymousreply 316November 18, 2021 5:02 PM

NBC keeps announcing the "finale", is this garbage finally ending?? Or do they mean season finale?

by Anonymousreply 317November 21, 2021 11:01 PM

Why aren’t there actual tar pits in the upside down world too?

by Anonymousreply 318November 22, 2021 12:38 AM

R318 There are. Watch the fucking show. Druggy Asian almost got killed there.

R317. Honey, sit down. It has already been renewed....

by Anonymousreply 319November 22, 2021 12:54 AM

R317 = 10 episode first season. Next episode in episode 9. And the next season won't air for 10 months. This is not a show that people will be missing until it returns. If you don't know what a "sophomore slump" is in television, you will find out in September 2022..

by Anonymousreply 320November 22, 2021 3:31 AM

R320 If they are smart they’ll plop his on Netflix where it will blow up to a larger and more international audience the way Manifest did, and possibly line up an even larger audience for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 321November 22, 2021 3:39 AM

I think it would be awesome if they Drug Dealer Guy and Indian Guy fell in love. Doubt it happens, though, since there is already another gay couple on the show (albeit neither a major character).

Drug Dealer guy is hot af by the way as is Hot Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 322November 22, 2021 9:01 PM

So far, Indian guy is annoying as fuck as comic relief character. I'd rather go for a love triangle where drug guy makes a play for "fat" son who likes Muslim girl who likes drug guy. Now that would be a new spin on love triangle.

by Anonymousreply 323November 22, 2021 9:16 PM

[quote]So far, Indian guy is annoying as fuck as comic relief character.

I know. You'd think he'd have opened his convenience store by now.

by Anonymousreply 324November 22, 2021 9:43 PM

R324 I said it above, they’re all going be opening mini businesses around the down under world down and coming up with some kind of currency.

by Anonymousreply 325November 22, 2021 10:01 PM

I just want to see some skin from fat-faced son. That guy gets hotter and hotter every stupid episode.

by Anonymousreply 326November 23, 2021 4:56 AM

So, is tonight the penultimate episode?

by Anonymousreply 327November 23, 2021 11:17 AM

This show sucks too much, to have a "penultimate" anything!

It needs to be cancelled. NOW.

by Anonymousreply 328November 23, 2021 3:22 PM

Fat son and Leggsy might disappear, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 329November 24, 2021 1:18 AM

I am on the fence with Fat Son wearing a wig. I am pretty sure his hair is fake.

by Anonymousreply 330November 24, 2021 1:22 AM

Speaking of wigs, the little girl (the one who pretended she couldn't speak at first) her hair looks like a wig too.

by Anonymousreply 331November 24, 2021 1:38 AM

R331 = Yeah...I noticed that too. Tranny Village Kid is clearly wearing a wig too..So is Grampy...

by Anonymousreply 332November 24, 2021 1:42 AM

Wigs for everybody!

by Anonymousreply 333November 24, 2021 1:43 AM

They will NOT let pegleg daughter wear pants ever! in case a new viewer tunes in, they will know immediately that this show hires the physically challenged. Her wardrobe seems to be comprised of only short skirts. Let the girl wear some jeans, why dontcha.

by Anonymousreply 334November 24, 2021 2:09 AM

It would have been fantastic if the daughter was named Peggy.

by Anonymousreply 335November 24, 2021 2:21 AM

Characters hiding behind shelves they could easily be seen behind 🙄

by Anonymousreply 336November 24, 2021 2:28 AM

Lily makes it out with village trans kid and leggsy and fat son may die.

Grandpa maybe the shocking reveal I think.

by Anonymousreply 337November 24, 2021 2:31 AM

Parachute Lady is probably Grumpy Grampas daughter and Hot Daddys mother.....yawn....this show is so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 338November 24, 2021 2:47 AM

(Not) Fat son has an intriguing face.

by Anonymousreply 339November 24, 2021 6:32 AM

Because of you whores, I look forward to watching La Brea every week.

by Anonymousreply 340November 24, 2021 3:25 PM

Lol R333!!!

This show is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 341November 24, 2021 5:29 PM

Is drug dealer fucking fat son in real life?

by Anonymousreply 342November 24, 2021 5:54 PM

Evil Grandpa mentioned that young Hot Daddy is the last member of his family so he'd probably older Fat Son.

Drugged up Fat Indian imagining cow was downright offensive.

And where is hot Drug Dealer?

by Anonymousreply 343November 26, 2021 8:35 AM

LINK = The ratings took another tumble (second week in a row)...I know the show is renewed but another week of ratings drop might get NBC to think twice... R343= DopeDealer was missing. I wondered if they explained it and I missed it or if they figured the gays would not notice one of the only hot guys in the cast? A cast this big cannot sustain showing everyone in every episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344November 26, 2021 10:04 AM

Despite multiple opportunities to shout “Run!” during this recent episode Run Mom didn’t do her catch phrase and I for one felt it was lacking. She could even have perhaps found a Barnes and Noble or library branch that’s fallen through and gotten a thesaurus to expand her vocabulary. Try out new things like “Flee!” “Scuttle!” “Scamper!” “Dash!” “Go!” “Bolt!” “Fly!” Just so many opportunities that she’s missing out on.

by Anonymousreply 345November 26, 2021 10:06 AM

R343 offensive because the whole cow as god to Hindi culture and playing into stereotypes? He’ll probably start chanting and doing yoga soon too.

by Anonymousreply 346November 26, 2021 10:09 AM

Jon Seda is still cute. Haven't seen him literally since his days on "Homicide."

by Anonymousreply 347November 26, 2021 2:23 PM

Seda has plenty of shirtless pix online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348November 27, 2021 3:36 AM

Here is a shirtless snap of Hot Dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349November 27, 2021 3:39 AM

Damn, he IS hot R349!

Who is the actor?

by Anonymousreply 350November 27, 2021 4:21 AM

That doesn't even look like hot dad!

by Anonymousreply 351November 27, 2021 5:29 AM

[quote]Who is the actor?

It's Eoin Macken the actor who plays Hot Daddy. The photo is from when he played Sir Gwaine in Merlin.

by Anonymousreply 352November 27, 2021 5:56 AM

You can tell it's him based on the nipples

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 27, 2021 5:59 AM

Nipple identification is a highly evolved art form Gay men have.

by Anonymousreply 354November 27, 2021 8:55 AM

Hot Daddy looks like the guy you meet at the club. Take home. Fuck. Then realize he wasn't that great. Hate those guys. I wish there was a Fuck Yelp so we could weed out the bad ones.

by Anonymousreply 355November 27, 2021 11:05 AM

I was just walking up the street on the UWS near 72nd Street and passed by the actress who plays the mysterious older sister (of the young girl who pretended not to speak). She was walking with a friend. Beautiful in person.

by Anonymousreply 356November 27, 2021 7:32 PM

R356 Did you scream RUN!

by Anonymousreply 357November 27, 2021 11:51 PM

R356 = What a missed opportunity!!!...Should have asked her if Fat Son has a boyfriend in real life. I would have asked her why the Lezzby Parachute Lady and Hot Pilot needed a parachute to jump into the hole but everyone else just softly landed when the sinkhole opened up.....By the way---two weeks ago when she had a seizure and I swear I thought she died there on the ground. (maybe I dozed off)...So you can imagine my shock when she was walking around in the next episode....

by Anonymousreply 358November 28, 2021 3:23 AM

[quote] R356 Did you scream RUN!

Rofl!

She probably would have been terrified, and really have RUN for her life!

by Anonymousreply 359November 28, 2021 3:28 AM

r359 was Veronica as chinny in person?

Drug dealer looks like a young Julian McMahon (fellow Aussie and former DL fave).

by Anonymousreply 360November 28, 2021 6:05 AM

So which actors are so hellish they have to be isolated away from others into their own plot lines in season 2?

And this “We came up with ideas for twist and turns that have NEVER been conceived by any other TV writing team in all of history, because we had plenty of extra time during the pandemic!” is a load of crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 28, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote] “One of the great things about this show is that we had a really long gestation period,” said creator and executive producer Appelbaum. “We started filming the pilot right before the pandemic and then we shut down. We had basically over a year of thinking and planning. We had a mini room of writers where we started developing the stories for the first part of the season and thinking about the arc of the season. That gestation period really allowed us to come up with all these great twists and turns in a way that a lot of network shows never really have the ability to do.”

Oy.

by Anonymousreply 362November 28, 2021 4:36 PM

[quote] “One of the great things about this show is that we had a really long gestation period,” said creator and executive producer Appelbaum.

It should have been ABORTED!

by Anonymousreply 363November 28, 2021 4:41 PM

How do so many people not know that this show is crap? Apparently, there are people laboring under the misapprehension that this show is in any way original or even good?

by Anonymousreply 364November 28, 2021 4:49 PM

R363 I told her to abort, Abort! Abort! Abort!…”Bring me….a knitting needle!”

by Anonymousreply 365November 28, 2021 5:20 PM

SPOILER-------->>The producer said the finale will find different characters in different places.......That sounds like some of these people will find themselves in the 1980s or some other ridiculous time period beyond modern day and the far past when this next time portal opens up on Tuesday....I have never seen a show with such boring meaningless cliffhangers in all my life.....And you just know Leggsy is going to go into the past so she can claim to be the first one legged time traveler...I hope Dopehead, Fat Indian, and Fat Son transports to 1982 San Francisco. I have a feeling they would really thrive there--well, until, you-know-what happens...I could easily see Fat Son making money on the street corner on Polk Street.

by Anonymousreply 366November 29, 2021 4:23 AM

IDIOT SHOW CREATOR refuses to "get bogged down" by details...(interview link)...Doesn't care about you wondering about clothes changes. Cow Harnesses. Or even why the survivors didn't splatter when they fell from the sky...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 1, 2021 1:07 AM

Is it on, has the finale begun. Will Run Mom exclaiming her biggest “RUN” yet as she sends the child/Husband into the light to save Fat Son and Leggsy before they fade away to nothing?

by Anonymousreply 368December 1, 2021 1:11 AM

"La Brea Season Finale will blow your mind".......LINK.........I will be the judge of that. Ten minutes in and I have seen nothing mind blowing.....Fat Son taking off his pants would be mind blowing......Hot Daddy and Leggsy have a weird sex vibe to me---and it grosses me out...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 1, 2021 1:12 AM

Did nobody else at the park notice a giant hole right off the road?....WTF?........So Long LezzbyCop.....

by Anonymousreply 370December 1, 2021 1:46 AM

My mind is not blown...As predicted I am underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 371December 1, 2021 2:02 AM

That was anticlimactic.

Someone called it earlier, leggsy jumped.

by Anonymousreply 372December 1, 2021 2:04 AM

Leggsy and daddy are in the down under, they can console each other while mom has her other guy. Fat son can eat more and get fat again in 1988. Lily can become her own mother, and start the sister wives movement.

by Anonymousreply 373December 1, 2021 2:05 AM

ME writing this show-------FAT SON wakes up in a gay Nude Colony in Guerneville...Thankfully Dropout and Cult Girl didn't make it....

by Anonymousreply 374December 1, 2021 2:12 AM

After two or three episodes I cancelled recording the show, but I do think I can answer this question....

[quote] You are telling me nobody has spotted prehistoric birds flying around California.?..

The citizenry probably think the birds are simply part of the menagerie of Charles Foster Kane. They're used to them buzzing around at dusk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 1, 2021 2:50 AM

Amazing season finale. So many freaking questions. Now we have to wait for fucking ever for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 376December 1, 2021 2:56 AM

R376 are you being sarcastic? Do you mean "amazing" as in "amazingly bad, dumb, and underwhelming"?

by Anonymousreply 377December 1, 2021 4:23 AM

This show is a cross between an episode of Xena and a 90s RPG video game. It's just so cheap.

The scene where Young Dad & Run Mom get to the portal, the panning shot where he walks away from her and towards the portal, I thought to myself "huh the beach landscape looks like a desktop background" then I realized "the fucking waves in the background are not moving" 🤣 just a lot of cheap looks.

When Leggsy is at the edge of the hole and starts collapsing, and they catch her as she started falling backwards, I was like "good thing she didn't fucking fall forward!"

The evacuation scene in Seattle with the loudspeaker blaring the announcement to evacuate, and they're like "the whole area is evacuated now!" while them & a bunch of other people are still STANDING in the Evacuation Zone. Are they immune ro being swallowed up by the earth?

It's so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 378December 1, 2021 4:25 AM

Also, I can't believe people are creaming themselves over this garbage while Debris got fucking canceled. Debris was genuinely gripping, frightening, and interesting. Criminally underrated and ignored.

by Anonymousreply 379December 1, 2021 4:27 AM

R378 = The shows creator just gave an interview and has stated very clearly The Show will NOT be explaining things like inconsistencies. They don't care about things that make zero sense on the show. It is "minutia" to them and kind of a Fuck You to the viewers. If I would have read that arrogant interview I never would have watched a single episode of this shit show...LINK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 1, 2021 4:44 AM

[quote] A lot of the fun of the show is moving story forward and having momentum,” he continued. And while puzzling over, say, how all the items in a wardrobe trailer stayed on their racks after tumbling down a massive Los Angeles sinkhole can be “fun,” “getting into the nitty gritty details can get a little boring,” he said. “We do always think about questions like that,” Appelbaum noted, “but we don’t get hung up on them and make the story rest on them. We’re more into pushing the story forward.”

LIAR!

by Anonymousreply 381December 1, 2021 5:21 AM

So they are going to tame a mastodon and ride it to prehistoric LA?

by Anonymousreply 382December 1, 2021 5:53 AM

[quote] The shows creator just gave an interview and has stated very clearly The Show will NOT be explaining things like inconsistencies. They don't care about things that make zero sense on the show. It is "minutia" to them

Rofl! How awful.

It kind of sums up the state of Hollywood today.

To quote Eric Cartman: "Whatevah! Whatevah! I'll do what I want!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 1, 2021 12:05 PM

[quote]I can't believe people are creaming themselves over this garbage while Debris

I would have stopped watching this show episodes ago, if it wasn't for this thread. Now I look at it as 42 minutes of mindless candy and I look forward to the posts on here bitching about it afterwards. I really wish NBC would have put some money into the show, but maybe that's part of the charm.

One more thing, are there are lot of Australians in Los Angeles? Is there an Australia Town or a Little Australia on the west side?

by Anonymousreply 384December 1, 2021 12:19 PM

Was it the rating bonanza that NBC wanted?

by Anonymousreply 385December 1, 2021 1:40 PM

R379, are you being sarcastic? Debris was fucking awful. I lasted three episodes, I think. It was utter shit. It just had a bigger budget than this.

by Anonymousreply 386December 1, 2021 2:54 PM

Shows get canceled, because they are too expensive and don't receive high enough ratings to make a profit. Cheap shows like La Brea get renewed, because they somehow make a profit. It's not really rocket science.

An expensive show would care about (minor) details. A cheap show has no time or budget to care about the smaller things.

by Anonymousreply 387December 1, 2021 2:56 PM

Yeah, it's cheap, but it tells a story ... that better has nothing to do with Christianity or Christian Shepherd.

by Anonymousreply 388December 1, 2021 2:58 PM

I hope they run into some Geico cavemen.

by Anonymousreply 389December 1, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote] Cheap shows like La Brea get renewed, because they somehow make a profit. It's not really rocket science.

It's nice to know that Hollywood Execs have so much integrity, when it comes to programming.

by Anonymousreply 390December 1, 2021 3:38 PM

What was the point of moving the Seattle hole from downtown to the forest?

by Anonymousreply 391December 1, 2021 3:46 PM

R291 Unreliable map making skills.

by Anonymousreply 392December 1, 2021 4:02 PM

I mean why bother with it as a plot point? Did the discussion of evacuating downtown Seattle and the single scene set there add anything? Maybe they wrote it as downtown Seattle, filmed it and then realized it would be too expensive to show so they changed it to a small hole in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 393December 1, 2021 4:06 PM

The point was to show how the timeline has changed. Because the young girl didn't go with Isaiah the future - once again - changed, moving the sinkhole to a different area.

by Anonymousreply 394December 1, 2021 4:10 PM

So who exactly is Silas and who is the parachute lady? And them ending up on the beach in prehistoric Seattle didn’t seem right, over time the ocean would have cut into and claimed land, not receded creating a forest where there was once a beach?

by Anonymousreply 395December 1, 2021 4:12 PM

THIS SHOW SUCKS DONKEY DICK!!!

CANCEL IT NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 396December 1, 2021 5:06 PM

THIS SHOW SUCKS DONKEY DICK!!!

CANCEL IT NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 397December 1, 2021 5:06 PM

I had to give up on this halfway through as the show runner kept talking about all the fun to be had next season, fun for Fat Son in new location, fun for the tower and fun for the trip from Seattle to LA. I think someone needs to explain that this isn’t a comedy, the only fun being had here is the fun of hate watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398December 1, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote] And them ending up on the beach in prehistoric Seattle didn’t seem right, over time the ocean would have cut into and claimed land, not receded creating a forest where there was once a beach?

If there are dinosaurs walking around Seattle should be underwater.

by Anonymousreply 399December 1, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote]It's nice to know that Hollywood Execs have so much integrity, when it comes to programming.

Yeah, you'd think they'd call it something like show BUSINESS so we'd know. Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 400December 1, 2021 10:31 PM

No dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 401December 1, 2021 10:43 PM

Hollywood is determined to make every street in LA into a film or TV show. We already have Sunset Boulevard, Melrose Place, Muholland Drive, Magnolia, Laurel Canyon, and Cloverfield. Am I missing anything?

by Anonymousreply 402December 1, 2021 11:14 PM

Wasn’t Hanna Montana partial about shopping on Montana Ave.?

by Anonymousreply 403December 1, 2021 11:24 PM

I looked up during the opening credits and saw the name Mark Lee... for some reason that name seemed to ring a bell so I went to IMDB to see what else that actor has been in. Mark Lee plays Silas, the older white-haired leader of the cave people and my mind was totally blown when I check his acting credits and see that he was the handsome blond guy who co-starred in Gallipoli with Mel Gibson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404December 3, 2021 1:39 AM

Since it hasn't been posted, La Brea creator David Appelbaum (and slob looking guy) is yapping about Season Two, seemingly oblivious to how lousy the first season was. He actually seems to think La Breas success has nothing to do with having NBCs highest rated show The Voice as a lead in....Anyways---->>Spoiler Alert = Get used to the coats because they will continue to film in the dead of winter in Australia, which means no shirtless guy scenes?...yawn...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405December 3, 2021 7:20 AM

Hate to say this I'm actually looking forward for 2nd season. Thank you DLer who made this show somewhat tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 406December 3, 2021 7:22 AM

R404 So someone was lying up thread when they said that was Nick Nolte, I guess he looked too attractive.

by Anonymousreply 407December 3, 2021 12:25 PM

Lol I caught this fuckery on SyFy today, and it was horrible!!!

Worst show I've ever seen.

After reading the comments here, I absolutely cannot believe that this shit show was renewed.

BULLSHIT!

by Anonymousreply 408August 11, 2022 7:19 AM

Why did NBC renew this garbage?

Everyone was making fun of how bad it was.

by Anonymousreply 409August 11, 2022 6:10 PM

"Now that we know these people are alive..." the DHS scientist lady says...What, based on psychic pilot's visions? They don't know anything. They cant rig a travis to carry Seal Doc back, and he sez they gotta gather all the supplies before it gets dark...what, down in a hole in the ground? Jesus this show is abysmally stupid

by Anonymousreply 410August 12, 2022 7:55 AM

Is everyone ready for the season 2 opener tonight? Besides being surprised that this fiasco got renewed, I can only wonder how much WTF? and lunacy will be put on the screen tonight.

I don't even remember how last season ended, but it doesn't matter - I don't watch this dreck for the plot. I wish I had some booze on hand to make the show even funnier. I will plan better for next week.

by Anonymousreply 411September 27, 2022 10:07 PM

The only way to watch this show is drunk... or high. It will not make sense otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 412September 28, 2022 1:22 AM

Lost meets Manifest in a hole in the ground.

by Anonymousreply 413September 28, 2022 1:26 AM

They ended up in different worlds R411.

by Anonymousreply 414September 28, 2022 1:27 AM

Leggsy broke her artificial leg, and hid the fact until the worst possible moment. It's a good thing she wasn't bitten by a zombie, vampire, or a werewolf, because we know THAT is what you are supposed to hide from the group.

by Anonymousreply 415September 29, 2022 11:05 PM

FAT SON IS BACK, BITCHES!!!

by Anonymousreply 416September 30, 2022 1:30 AM

RUN!

Why did this fresh fuckery get a second season?

by Anonymousreply 417October 3, 2022 3:44 PM

Do these nipples appear in Season 2?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418October 3, 2022 3:47 PM

This is literally the WORST show on television.

by Anonymousreply 419October 3, 2022 11:39 PM

RUNNNNN!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 420October 3, 2022 11:45 PM

Such a dumb show.

No wonder Hollywood renewed it.

by Anonymousreply 421October 22, 2022 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!