Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olivor!

Here's a place for all of your wildest speculation and fondest reminiscences about cabaret singer Jane Olivor.

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2021 12:29 AM

No speculation needed. She has been honest about her leaving showbiz for a husband with cancer, her return and her massive stage fright.

She took down her website as it has far more visitors than ever expected. She still does vocal lessons but no longer advertises, only taking referrals.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2021 8:34 PM

When I hear her voice, I suddenly get a craving for quiche and a spinach salad.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2021 8:34 PM

I was able to buy her entire catalog of LPs for under $4 from the bargain attic at Record Surplus.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2021 8:35 PM

She spells her name wrong

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2021 8:35 PM

Gliddy glup gloopy

Nibby nabby noopy

Sabba sibby sabba

Nooby abba nabba

Tooby ooby walla nooby abba nabba

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2021 8:36 PM

I was always perplexed by this "ma che vuoi" pose on her album cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2021 8:47 PM

Please, sir, I want some more.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2021 8:52 PM

I'm always chasing rainbows....and taking 5 hours to do so...

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2021 8:54 PM

I saw her Valetines Day 1993 at The Paramont theater in Seattle. She was great. And she did maybe an hour. Just enough time to not get tired of her. If she ever had stage fright, she hid it brilliantly. She appeared completely in control of herself.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2021 8:54 PM

Jane Olivor is the simply the greatest. I love her forever. I wish she still performed. She's a goddess.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2021 10:00 PM

Welcome: Jane Olivor Tribute

(But Jane is not a blond. Why doesn't the webmaster show her as her authentic brunette self?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2021 10:04 PM

An interview with Jane Olivor...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2021 10:14 PM

Linda Creed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2021 11:46 PM

I discovered Olivor due to this Oscar-nominated classic duet with Johnny Mathis. I like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2021 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!