Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Horror Movies for Halloween

Name your favorite, under-the-radar lesser-known horror gem...

I'll start with Frankenstein's Army (2013). Looked like it would be a cheesefest but was surprisingly good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 3, 2021 12:20 PM

Dead Snow (2009)

Dead Snow 2 (2014)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2021 6:53 PM

LAKE MUNGO (2008) - Probably the saddest horror movie you'll ever see. I'd put it up there with HEREDITARY in that aspect. While it has a creepy and unsettling feel throughout, it isn't until the very end that you grasp the horror and tragedy of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2021 2:24 PM

PONTYPOOL (2008).

Blurb: A radio host interprets the possible outbreak of a deadly virus which infects the small Ontario town he is stationed in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2021 10:29 PM

"Frailty" (2001). Directed by and starring Bill Paxton. Also starring Matthew Matthew McConaughey. The plot focuses on the strange relationship between two young boys and their fanatically religious father, who believes that he has been commanded by God to kill demons disguised as people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote] "Matthew Matthew McConaughey"

Oh, dear. That's just ONE Matthew, thanks.

But seriously. See the film.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2021 10:51 PM

You can never have too many Matthew McConaugheys

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2021 10:54 PM

So I love the movie “Dream Home”, that’s a Chinese horror movie about a woman who will do anything to live in her dream apartment complex.

Also, “ Bedevilled” which is a South Korean horror movie about a woman who takes time off from work to visit an island she spent summers on as a child and it’s a shit show.

There’s also “Cannibal Holocaust” which is just fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2021 10:58 PM

Mame.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2021 11:00 PM

R8 - LOL

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2021 11:01 PM

May, flawless acting by Ana Faris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2021 11:06 PM

Loved that movie R2. Really underrated, under the radar Australian production. Thanks for reminding me, I'll re watch it tonight since I can't find any good horror movies on television to watch.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2021 11:09 PM

Love...!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2021 12:35 AM

THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS (2016)

It's a zombie movie for people who don't like zombie movies, or you can view it as what The Happening should have been. Never thought I'd see Glenn Close make a horror movie, but I could see why after watching it. Tense, sad, smart, and horrific all at once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2021 11:48 AM

DEAD AND BURIED (1981)

Effective, surprisingly gory (especially unedited version) creeper that is more of a cult favorite. Stars James Farentino (DYNASTY, S2) and Melody Anderson (AMC). Gets under your skin. Despite the description, it's not a zombie movie. Currently streaming on Prime, Tubi, and AMC+

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2021 11:49 AM

I'll add another Bill Paxton movie to the list - Near Dark. It's a late 80's vampire movie equal parts cheese and menace, complete with a solid synth horror soundtrack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2021 12:35 PM

Urban Legend (1998) campy with plot holes. But, to rewatch for late 90s nostalgia.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2021 7:33 PM

The Lords of Salem

People say Rob Zombie can only make one kind of horror movie; gratuitous sex, violence, foul language, and white trash characters. This movie proves them wrong. It is a lot more subtle than his previous films and brings a genuinely creepy, Satanic atmosphere and marvelous visuals.

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2021 8:02 PM

Salem's Lot mini series (1979) which was the best Stephen King adaption for TV

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2021 8:23 PM

Tales of Halloween, currently on IMDB TV

The Taking of Deborah Logan, currently on Tubi

Dark Night of the Scarecrow, which I think I saw on Pluto TV

Don't Go to Sleep from 1982, which I last saw on Youtube

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2021 8:46 PM

The Innocents, with Deborah Kerr

The Spiral Staircase

Let's Scare Jessica to Death

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote] Salem's Lot mini series (1979)

Scared the shit out of me as a 10 year old. Loved it. Plus I enjoyed the eye candy of David Soul and Lance Kerwin.

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2021 11:18 PM

Grace (2009), an interesting horror film about a devoted mother and her, uh, strange baby. This is from a film blog:

Paul Solet's horror film Grace was premiered at The Egyptian Theatre, Park City, Utah. During the question and answer session after the film, one of the festival volunteers declared "Must have been a good movie because we had two people faint during the screening"; sometime later, the film's producer, Adam Green, sent an e-mail to ShockTillYouDrop, thus: "Two faints. One outside and one in the lobby. Egyptian owner confirmed that in 10 years it's the first time it's happened. Amazing screening."

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2021 11:31 PM

Thank you for this topic OP!! Couple of recs for bizarre Japanese horror films, both are streaming: House from 1977 and Uzumaki (Spiral) from 2000.

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2021 11:33 PM

Not under the radar, but "Vacancy", "When A Stranger Calls"(2006), "The Conjuring", "Fright Night"(2011), "Drag Me To Hell", "Disturbia", "Housebound", "Mom and Dad", "30 Day Of Night", "Dracula"(1991), "Burnt Offerings", "The Fearless Vampire Killers", "Sleepy Hollow"(1999).

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2021 4:07 AM

JUST BEFORE DAWN (1981)

Starts off like a typical 80s slasher, but it has a terrific creepy vibe. Plus Vicki Gioberti pops in from Falcon Crest. The final scene/kill gets a little goofy but overall a good old scary time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2021 10:24 PM

ALONE IN THE DARK (1982)

Really fun, creepy 80s slasher with a crazy cast of vets: Jack Palance, Donald Pleasance, and Martin Landau. Plus Cunningham stole the whole hockey mask gimmick from this movie. Speaking of which, actor Phillip Clark was a hottie. Looks like an even humpier Art Hindle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2021 10:28 PM

MADMAN (1981)

Saw this many years ago and remember really enjoying it. The only image that lingers in my mind is one super creepy shot of Madman Marz yelling on a tree branch. Usual gaggle of hot 80s himbos cast as feckless red shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2021 10:31 PM

Enough with the slasher films. I want to hear about other types of horror movies. The slasher genre is so boring.

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2021 11:28 PM

SACRAMENT (2013)

I was expecting a total cheesefest based on the concept: found footage of the last days at a Jonestown-type mass suicide ritual. Yet, it was much better than it sounds with realistic horror, unexpected gore, human tragedy and sexy Joe Swanberg and Kentucker Audley.

Elements of Midsommar (absorption into a cult) reminded me of this movie too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2021 11:49 AM

Three hard to find and seldom played gems from the 1960s:

Horror Hotel

Burn Witch Burn (British)

Curse of the Demon (also British and based on the story "The Runes")

All three are in black and white and disturbingly creepy and well written and played.

But. let's face it, for true connoisseurs, the original "The Haunting" owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2021 11:58 AM

I hate the frauish habit of drawing out a holiday for weeks or even mnths before it starts.

In particular it seems millennial fraulettes seem obsessed with Halloween. By the time the holiday (such as it is) arrives, everyone’s bored to death with it.

Millennials: thing ruiners par excellence.

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2021 12:08 PM

Burn Witch Burn is available on Shudder, I think.

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2021 12:10 PM

R31 - Thank you for participating.

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2021 12:11 PM

Factoid about "Horror Hotel" and "The Haunting":

Russ Tamblyn, who was part of the cast of "The Haunting" was married to Venetia Stevenson, a promising ingenue at the time, who is part of the cast of "Horror Hotel".

Although both ended up with less than stellar careers in adulthood (despite Tamblyn's high point in "West Side Story"), both managed spots in two of the horror genre's greatest cult films.

R30

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2021 12:23 PM

I watched Possessor and it was SOOO bad! Like, not even good bad.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2021 12:36 PM

Another factoif - "Curse of the Demon" was actually 1957, not early 1960s, and was released in Britain under the title, "Night of the Demon".

Its leading man, Dana Andrews, was suffering from the effects of years of alcoholism, which was rather evident in his puffy appearance in this, one of his last outings as a leading man.

But Andrews was highly intelligent, and when the ending of the film got changed so as to blunt the point of the story (I won't give it away here), he was so angry at the betrayal of what he rightly saw as the whole thrust of the original story, that he completely distanced himself from the film afterward.

This has happened in other films, interestingly - "On the Beach" comes to mind, in which the author of the book, Nevil Shute, unsuccessfully sued the studio that produced the film for changing the story to make it look as if Gregory Peck still believed his beloved wife was alive when he began the affair with Ava Gardner, making the character an adulterer instead of the stellar character Shute portrayed in his book. In the book, Peck has finally accepted that his wife and children are dead when he begins the affair with Gardner.

Shute lost the case, but it is interesting when these divergences occur, especially when the authors are still alive. How much do they mean, really? Depends on your point of view, I suppose. IB Singer was furious with how Streisand changed his story about a girl who believes she is a boy, to a feminist morality play about a thoroughly hetero woman who really is totally femme but just wants access to male privileges like Yeshiva study.

In this case, it was the actor who was angry, I'd be curious as to that the original author, M.R. James, would have felt about the ending of "Casting the Runes". He died in 1936, so the question is moot.

James had quite an impact on the modern ghost story, and was deeply admired by H.P. Lovecraft, for any of you interested in the man behind "Curse of the Demon".

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2021 12:37 PM

Not really unknown but I love The Neon Demon themes, very contemporary, I wish more horror movies were made around the Model/Influencer lifestyle, their lives are basically psychological horror to begin with lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2021 1:16 PM

R37 - That's a brilliant observation. Give it some time, and I'm sure more will be made around this meme.

by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2021 1:20 PM

R31, old people like you ruined the country by voting for Trump

by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2021 6:00 PM

R30 Curse of the Demon is on Dailymotion for free. The producer apparently added scenes to Jacques Tourneur's cut in order to spice it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2021 6:21 PM

The one with the killer doll (not Chucky). I keep forgetting the name though, but it was some sort of freaky little doll with a mask.

by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote]The one with the killer doll (not Chucky). I keep forgetting the name though, but it was some sort of freaky little doll with a mask.

Dead Silence (2007)?

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2021 6:35 PM

No, it's really old, R42. I remember watching it as a kid and it scared the life out of me. My guess it's from the late 70s or early 80s??

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2021 7:12 PM

I hope this will serve in the meantime R43.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2021 8:30 PM

R43, was it Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black? Did the masked doll have a spear?

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2021 8:32 PM

Trilogy of Terror (well, the third segment anyway) was my first thought too, R45. But the Zuni Fetish Doll wasn't masked. You might be thinking of the protective necklace thingy he wore that kept the evil spirit contained.

Other doll horror movies from the late 70s would include MAGIC (1978) with Anthony Hopkins and Ann-Margret, and TOURIST TRAP (1979), a personal favorite and cult classic with Chuck Connors and a pre-Angel Tanya Roberts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2021 9:36 PM

I think that's it, R46, R45.

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2021 12:43 AM

R40 Thanks for posting that!

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2021 12:49 AM

OP: Thanks for mentioning “Frankenstein’s Army.” Caught bits of this on some cable channel years ago. One of the creepiest horrors I can remember. A true phantasmagoria! But I never knew the title until now. Just ordered it on Blu-Ray.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2021 1:15 AM

GHOST STORIES (2017)

Very effective creeper that seems like vignettes until...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 11, 2021 12:48 AM

THE NIGHT EATS THE WORLD (2018)

Somber zombie apocalypse movie that focuses more on the mental strain of being one of the few left alive. French film with subtitles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 11, 2021 12:50 AM

THE VOID (2018)

Creature feature that is part THE THING and part THE WICKER MAN. It's also very Lovecraftian and effective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 11, 2021 12:54 AM

The Signal (not the Brenton Thwaites sci-fi film)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 11, 2021 12:57 AM

I love John Carpenter's 'Prince Of Darkness' for Halloween watching even more than his version of Halloween. It's creepy and atmospheric. Probably the best example of Lovecraftian terror ever made.

by Anonymousreply 54October 11, 2021 1:04 AM

R31, real celebrators of the Samhain/Gaelic New Year/Halloween/All Hallows/Dia de los Muertos/All Souls' Day complex are not affected by the blow-up dinosaurs, "I'm A Bad Little Whore" child costumes or "Put the Christ in Halloween" Xtian nuts.

Blessed Be. Boo.

by Anonymousreply 55October 11, 2021 1:28 AM

Any of the Leprechaun movies with Warwick Davis! He is badass!

by Anonymousreply 56October 11, 2021 1:43 AM

I've been watching the Elvira collection on Peacock.

It's the old Movie Macabre stuff from the early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 57October 11, 2021 2:07 AM

R4 good call on Frailty. That was one hell of a twist ending too!

by Anonymousreply 58October 11, 2021 2:45 AM

1977's Petey Wheatstraw: The Devil's Son-In-Law on Tubi

by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2021 4:28 AM

For comedy-horror, try, “Thirst” (not the Korean one, although I do highly recommend that). Icelandic gay vampire stuck in 80’s attire:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2021 8:50 AM

"Salem's Lot", the original made for television one. An excellent distillation of one of Stephen King's best, and creepy as hell.

"Dead of Night", a little shown trilogy of short British stories in black and white, the first of which is the most famous of the Deadly Ventriloquist's Dummy and Ventriloquist merging of personalities meme, with a sterling performance by a young Michael Redgrave as the ventriloquist. They're interesting, only about 45 minutes, max, each, and well written and played.

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2021 1:48 PM

When channels run Stephen King movies this time of year, no one shows Salem's Lot - any version, which is a shame because even though it (and David Soul's tight jeans) have not exactly aged well, it's better than most of his other movies.

Another vote for "Let's Scare Jessica to Death"

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2021 2:10 PM

R52 good pick with The Void, I definitely think this is an underrated gem.

I am a total horror hound and have watched/watch so many horrors that I actually forget which ones I've seen that really blow me away. I think it's been a while since I've seen one I would recommend as a Must See though.

Saint Maude would not be for everyone but I found it quite unsettling and there was a vicious kick at the end of the film that haunted me for days.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2021 3:13 PM

MARTYRS

INCIDENT IN A GHOSTLAND

*Both are from the same French director.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2021 4:02 PM

Horror-comedy:

ANNA AND THE APOCALYSE (2017)

Charming zombie musical. Watched it with a friend of mine who HATES horror and especially zombie horror, but he loved this. I found it very entertaining and while not especially scary it did have tense moments. About as scary as any given episode of Fear the Walking Dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2021 10:29 PM

TERRIFIER (2016)

Down and dirty low budget slasher with a killer clown. Effective, and even though the last scene shock was expected it was still a good scare. The first film (ALL HALLOWS EVE) is not as good, although decent. This one really ramps it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote]OP: Horror Movies for Halloween

I have a fun mashup of "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" and "A Serbian Film" with just a soupçon of "Cannibal Holocaust" sprinkled through, OP, if you are planning to be hosting youngsters.

Guaranteed memorable night.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2021 11:09 PM

One that I really enjoy is Night of The Demons, the original not the remake, although the remake wasn't too bad.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2021 11:14 PM

There's a very good low budget vampire film called "Lemora." It's also been called "Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural" or "The Legendary Curse of Lemora", or "Lemora: Lady Dracula." Starring Cheryl Smith it told the tale of a young church going girl who gets a letter from her dissolute father asking her to come to see him. She goes to see him and all kind of very unpleasant things happen, including the poor girl being lusted after by a very formidable female vampire. It definitely worth a look.

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2021 1:06 AM

Solid little film, « The Taking of Deborah Logan ». Jill Larson, a soap actress, really goes all out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2021 9:15 AM

R70, that movie made me terrified of Jill Larson, who had always just been the other Opal on AMC in my brain.

Deidre Hall, eat your heart out.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2021 10:24 AM

Humanoids from the deep (1980) - Mutated fish creatures want to mate with women (yes you'll see boobies!). Includes an over the top finale where they wreak havoc at the annual salmon festival.

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2021 11:53 AM

R70 - As if being a Karen frau wasn't terrifying enough! This one has been on my queue forever. I've heard often how good it is and what a great job the actress does, but just haven't gotten around to it.

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2021 11:54 AM

GRAVE ENCOUNTERS (2011)

Funny thing is I generally dislike found footage horror and I don't find ghosts/haunted houses scary -- yet this actually did scare me. Mostly jump scares, but it also has a strong creepiness to the whole film. There have been two sequels since. I only watched part 2 which was kind of a let down and never bothered with 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2021 11:57 AM

^ Also, Juan Reidinger is delicious eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2021 11:58 AM

Black Mountain Side - updated remake of The Thing. Very effective and creepy.

Grave Encounters, the first one. Ignore the sequels

Session 9 is always a fave of mine

Hell House LLC

Scare Campaign

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2021 1:00 PM

Drag Me to Hell, The Babadook, Motel Hell, The Sentinel

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2021 1:12 PM

In the Mouth of Madness

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2021 1:21 PM

I was disturbed by "The Blackcoat's Daughter". Images still haunt me. Adolescence is scary enough without Satan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2021 1:27 PM

Totally agree about Blackcoats daughter R79 Also The Empty Man on HBO is a definite creepfest

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2021 1:43 PM

“The Loved Ones” on Amazon Prime.

“Cub” and “The Collector” on Tubi.

“Crawl” on Hulu.

“Hush” on Netflix (not the Jessica Lange film)

“The Hunt” and “The Collection” (sequel to “The Collector”, as mentioned above) on HBO Max.

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote]House from 1977

Love that movie.

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2021 6:27 PM

Thinner!

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2021 7:33 PM

House (1985) Horror/Comedy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2021 7:39 PM

R84 WTF was that? That is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen in my life. It scared the shit outta me. I will never watch that film.

by Anonymousreply 85October 13, 2021 10:04 PM

Original Last House on the Left. (Remake feels too sterile) I'm a sucker for the original Halloween too, The Last House on Sorority Row, again the original (amazing camp factor) vs. Sorority Row which wasn't as horrible as I was expecting bc the girls are all Eileen level bitchy. Also original Village of the Damned, love George Sanders. For a real classic, Haxan: Witchcraft through the ages (1922) which is actually now available for streaming on HBO Max

by Anonymousreply 86October 13, 2021 10:39 PM

Ugh, someone mentioned Horror Hotel (City of the Dead is the UK title — it’s a UK film). We couldn’t wait to see it - me, my sister, my cousins. The ads for it looked so spooky. It came on late at night, a midnight movie on tv, and we stayed up to see it — it was so boring we all fell asleep.

by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2021 11:07 PM

Messiah of Evil

Visiting Hours

Let's Scare Jessica To Death

Carnival of Souls

The Sentinel

After Midnight (the one from the 80's)

Alice, Sweet Alice

The Innocents

by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2021 11:09 PM

The original Spanish [rec]

The original Mexican, “We Are What We Are”

For a total WTF was that: “Testuo: The Iron Man”

Sci Fi horror : The Hidden

Also, “Splinter”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2021 12:17 AM

Black Sunday w/ Barbara Steele Lifeforce (1985, directed by Tobe Hooper)

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2021 12:27 AM

SPLINTER was a trip. Good creature feature.

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2021 11:45 AM

BABY BLUES (2008)

Maybe more drama than horror, it tells the story of a mom alone for the night with her wee ones while suffering a Post Partum Depression-induced psychotic episode. Very unsettling and sad, and a little shocking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2021 11:49 AM

The Criterion Channel has a “home invasion” collection this month that includes two very scary French titles from the late aughts:

INSIDE, in which a Lamia-type figure will do anything to get her hands on a pregnant woman’s baby.

THEM, about a young couple who finds out something disturbing about their new house.

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2021 12:26 PM

INSIDE is absolutely brutal. On par with MARTYRS. The French horror cinema from the 00s was insane. CALVAIRE and FRONTIERS are also in that league, as well as HIGH TENSION.

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2021 11:08 PM

Would You Rather (2012) -- based on the game.

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2021 2:04 AM

THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT (2018)

Aside from the hotness that is still Matt Dillon, this is one cool, creepy, trippy Lars Von Trier thriller-horror-drama and an unrepentant serial killer recounting his actions in an attempt to escape hell. I also found it more accessible than most other Von Trier films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2021 2:03 AM

GREEN ROOM (2015)

Probably more action-thriller than straight-up horror it is remarkably intense and gory and violence escalates throughout the film. I was also surprised at the deaths of some of the characters who I thought would make it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2021 2:06 AM

CREEP (2014)

I am in love with Mark Duplass. But this is also a great little film that is, in fact, creepy, and gets under your skin gradually. Just two characters in the whole thing and yet never gets boring or starts to feel like a filmed play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2021 2:10 AM

ThecToilet

by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2021 3:00 AM

Don't Breathe (Stephen Lang)

30 Days of Night (Josh Hartnett)

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2021 3:08 AM

I was in a big French extreme horror film phase this year. Martyrs was the scariest movie I have seen in long while.

You have to see the French version. I think there is an American remake. It really stayed with me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2021 3:25 AM

Grandmother's House, 1988, on Tubi (much more effective than I expected)

Mikey, 1992, on Tubi (not a masterpiece but Brian Bonsall as a psychotic tot with the hots for Josie Bisset)

by Anonymousreply 102October 19, 2021 3:59 AM

I just watched 'The Woman' which is free on Amazon Prime. It's disturbing and something different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2021 6:49 AM

A Serbian Film - Very, very, disturbing, but not as bad as Martyrs.

After all the Halloween and other reboot/rehash bullshit, watch some actually new and creative films. Bringing you disturbing horror films this holiday season!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2021 7:07 AM

R103 Is that the movie where the "good dad" and his sons end up turning her into a sex slave?

by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2021 1:14 PM

Marianne (Netflix). It's a French miniseries about a young horror novelist who is stalked by the witch from her novels.

by Anonymousreply 106October 19, 2021 7:05 PM

R105 - Yes. It was loosely based on Harvey Weinstein home movies.

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2021 10:09 PM

I liked the recently released "V/H/S/94". 3/5 segments are pretty good which isn't too bad for a horror anthology. The super creepy "The Empty Wake" segment was my fave.

by Anonymousreply 108October 20, 2021 12:45 AM

Does the feral woman at least get revenge?

by Anonymousreply 109October 20, 2021 1:07 AM

This Russian horror movie. Hokey special effects - more like a puppet show/haunted house attraction - but amazing script based on Gogol short story - and beautifully shot and composed. Have loved this for years and just picked up the Blu-Ray from Severin. Funny throughout, but also extremely creepy - like an old radio horror drama. Perfect for Halloween. Surprisingly somber ending... (Free on Tubi!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 20, 2021 1:44 AM

The movie "The Woman" looks REALLY stupid.

by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2021 3:20 AM

R109 - Yes, she spits on their graves too.

by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2021 12:00 PM

I'm not watching a good Christian rapist film unless it ends with said rapist dead or at least permanently disfigured.

by Anonymousreply 113October 20, 2021 2:54 PM

THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE (2001)

Spanish-language ghost story that's really about the monstrous nature of the living. It's like a really good episode of AHS only cogent and smart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2021 12:18 PM

Yes, another vote for The Devil's Backbone - that is a very good movie. When I watched this movie, I was embarrassed to realize how little I knew about the Spanish civil war

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2021 1:24 PM

"The Orphanage", another Spanish horror film.

by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2021 2:33 PM

I have a ton of these, but will try to keep it brief...

A Dark Song (2016): After her young son is kidnapped and killed, a woman engages a practitioner of Crowley-type black magic to help her contact her son's spirit through a months-long ritual which requires the two to completely isolate at a rural house.

Delivery: The Beast Within (2013): A young LA couple sign up to let a reality show follow the wife's pregnancy (think 'A Baby Story', that TLC show). except along the way, it becomes apparent that the baby ain't right.

Holidays (2016): As the title suggests, this is an anthology film consisting of segments devoted to different holidays. The best ones were for Easter (with a creepy Easter bunny/Jesus hybrid!) and Father's Day, which is truly eerie and could have been a full-length film.

Come True (2020): This was directed by the same guy who did the Father's Day segment in Holidays. A homeless teenager joins a sleep study experiment, needing a safe place to sleep at night and hoping to get to the bottom of some truly bizarre nightmares. It only gets worse.

The Conspiracy (2012): After the street-corner conspiracy theorist they'd been making a documentary about disappears, two filmmakers follow the trail all the way to Bohemian Grove.

The Seventh Moon (2008): A newlywed American couple go to China on their honeymoon, and end up in the remote countryside during the traditional Hungry Ghost festival, trying to survive the night as the dead roam the earth in the yearly ritual.

The Cave (2005): Very unusual vampire film set in a cave system in the Carpathian Mountains.

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2021 3:18 PM

DARK SONG is great, THE CAVE was okay for what it was but I absolutely hated HOLIDAYS. Just didn't work for me on any level. But I do like that you clearly seek out little indie horrors. You can find a gem or two with those.

by Anonymousreply 118October 22, 2021 10:26 PM

Not sure I'd classify it as straight-up horror, but I really enjoyed THE CUBE trilogy. The series got weaker as it went on but still wrapped up well.

by Anonymousreply 119October 22, 2021 10:27 PM

DOG SOLDIERS (2002)

Solid, Scottish werewolf horror

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 23, 2021 12:32 PM

DEATH SHIP (1980)

An odd mix of haunted house (on a ship) and ghost Nazis in what I can only say is an astonishingly lurid and disturbing horror flick. You will want to take a shower after watching, but that one scene will make you think twice about. Surprisingly good cast: George Kennedy, Richard Crenna, Sally Ann Howes (WTF?), Kate Reid and Saul Rubinek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2021 12:39 PM

BLOOD CREEK (2009)

Yup. More horror film Nazi's -- this time Zombies. Still, a well-crafted scary movie for what is essentially a B flick. Reminds me of Dead Snow (same year but was more commercially successful), only played straight. Directed by Auntie Joel Schumacher so gay overtones EVERYWHERE with a cast that includes Henry Cavill, Dominic Purcell, Michael Fassbender and Shea Whigham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2021 12:44 PM

"Saturday the 14th." It's a horrible parody of "Friday the 13th" and stars both Paula Prentiss and Richard Benjamin. It's soo bad it's good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2021 12:47 PM

You want Indie horror?

Starry Eyes

Juan of the Dead (Spanish comedy-horror)

Cooties (comedy-horror)

Raw (French)

Masters of Horror: Three Extremes

The “Amateur Night” portion of V/H/S

The “Safe Haven” portion of V/H/S/ 2

It Comes at Night

Overlord (not really an Indie, but didn’t get any studio support)

Nick Cage double feature: Mandy and Color Out of Space

A movie I love to hate: All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (pre nose-job Amber Heard)

Surprising good: Jennifer’s Body

I still love Shaun of the Dead, Cabin in the Woods, and The Thing- those are my comfort movies.

by Anonymousreply 124October 23, 2021 2:44 PM

I liked All the Boys Love Mandy Lane. It was one of those twisty-turny who's the killer type movies like (for eldergays) THE LAST OF SHEILA or (for mid-elder gays like me) IDENTITY.

Two more good twisty-turny horror movies that play with time/space continuum: TRIANGLE (2009) and TIMECRIMES (2007). The former is Australian and set on a boat, the latter is Spanish and creepy AF.

by Anonymousreply 125October 23, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote]DARK SONG is great, THE CAVE was okay for what it was but I absolutely hated HOLIDAYS. Just didn't work for me on any level. But I do like that you clearly seek out little indie horrors. You can find a gem or two with those.

What I liked about The Cave was the setting and the vampire lore involved. It's not cutting edge or anything but it's hard to find vampire films that aren't totally tired, so I appreciated those aspects.

Anthology films are always a crapshoot - most of the time they're 80-90% crap with a lone gem if you're lucky. I don't even remember the rest of Holidays, but the Easter and Father's Day segments stuck out enough for me to recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 126October 24, 2021 4:03 AM

Some more:

The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007): This one is a little more violent than I usually go, but it was worth it for the intensely creepy, queasy atmosphere the director created. Don't watch it alone at night.

Lovely Molly (2011): A newlywed young woman with a troubled past moves back into her childhood home, the site of her past trauma, and begins experiencing all kinds of supernatural fuckery. Really eerie film with a great lead performance.

The Possession of Michael King (2014): An atheist out of fucks to give after the death of his wife sets out to debunk the idea of the afterlife/occult and basically dares any demon listening to possess him. Unfortunately, one decides to take him up on it.

Alien Abduction (2014): This is sci-fi horror. A family camping in the North Carolina woods witnesses mysterious lights in the sky. While on the road the next day, their GPS goes haywire and directs them to a remote road with a bunch of mysteriously abandoned cars. Also, dead birds dropping from the sky. Oh, shit.

Dark Skies (2013): More sci fi horror. A family struggling with unemployment and related issues begins experiencing weird phenomena, especially involving their two sons. Security cameras reveal dark figures standing over their beds at night, among other things. I thought this was really well done, doing a good job of mixing the anxiety of real-world concerns with the anxiety of the supernatural, sort of like Poltergeist did.

Goodnight Mommy (2014): (This one has subtitles, FYI) A woman returns home to her twin little boys after having had cosmetic surgery that's left her face completely swathed in bandages. After her behavior grows increasingly sinister, the boys suspect the woman under the bandages may not be their mother after all.

The Other Side of the Door (2016): A suicidal woman grieving the death of her son travels to a temple in India where, according to her Indian-born housekeeper, the line between this world and the next is especially thin. There, if she performs a ritual, she may be able to speak with her son once again. As you might expect, it doesn't go well.

Outcast (2010): A mysterious woman and her teenage son are on the road, evading a pursuer intent on doing them harm. They finally settle down and try to live a normal life in hiding, but their pursuer is drawing nearer. Very gritty and creative use of the Celtic sidhe mythology.

The Houses October Built (2014): A group of friends, road-tripping to visit Halloween haunted house attractions, begin seeking a rumored annual 'extreme haunt' put on by a mysterious group where the scares are real, with actual torture, etc being employed - as a result, they become targets of unknown attackers. Aside from the good quality creepiness, I appreciated that this group of friends felt genuine and were not like the typical horror movie friend group who are so obnoxious they make you root for the killer/monster/demon. Skip the shitty sequel though.

Also seconding the recommendation of Starry Eyes (2014), which is creepy and full of dread while also being a clever satire of the selling your soul for fame trope. Really good lead actress too.

by Anonymousreply 127October 24, 2021 6:14 AM

Yes, The Women kills almost everyone in the end and there are a few surprises for those who want to see it.

I'm hearing amazing reviews about a new french horror film out in theaters right now called Titane, which I think won a bunch of awards at the Venice film festival. It's by the same director who did Raw and her movies are disgusting. It's it's playing a little indie theatre near me, so I am going to check it out this week.

I saw someone reference Inside. This is the one movie from this genre I do not think I can handle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 24, 2021 8:32 AM

R128- Titane is being submitted as a foreign entry for France for the Oscars!

by Anonymousreply 129October 24, 2021 3:04 PM

Second R127's choices of:

THE POUGHKEEPSIE TAPES - Creepy and sad. Scarier than I expected it to be.

THE POSSESSION OF MICHAEL KING - If this is the movie that I think it is, then it's an excellent slow burn. The ending was scary AF, very unsettling. But I might be thinking of something else.

THE HOUSES THAT OCTOBER BUILT - Had a good premise, and was creepy -- especially that horrific ending. Unfortunately the sequel undid the ending just so to have a sequel. Ugh.

Also, GOODNIGHT MOMMY has been on my queue for years and I still haven't gotten around to it. DARK SKIES was just okay, but I love Keri Russell and am in love with Josh Hamilton so it's worth a watch.

by Anonymousreply 130October 24, 2021 3:34 PM

I watched Horror Fest on Netflix last night and thought it was scary and well-done. It's a perfect Halloween movie.

by Anonymousreply 131October 24, 2021 3:53 PM

You mean Hell Fest? I like that movie. Another good one is Haunt.

Ready or Not

by Anonymousreply 132October 24, 2021 4:08 PM

Sorry, I meant Hell Fest. I was pleasantly surprised at how well-done the movie was. It's a perfect Halloween popcorn movie.

by Anonymousreply 133October 24, 2021 4:14 PM

DERANGED (1974)

Schlocky and not overly scary, but there is a stretch of the film when the Ed Gein character chases a girl around while he's wearing his mother's skin and hair that to me was disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 27, 2021 11:30 PM

DAMIEN: OMEN II (1978)

Can't beat the ramped up creative gore, camped up Lee Grant, and hottie Lucas Donat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 27, 2021 11:34 PM

PHANTASM (1979)

Pretty well know for horror fans (not never remade!!). C-budget, surreal and scared the shit out of me as a 12 year old in the theater. Plus, Bill Thornbury was never hotter and flashed ass. That orb is iconic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 27, 2021 11:41 PM

An oldie but goodie, Dead of Winter, with Mary Steenburgen, directed by Arthur Penn.

by Anonymousreply 137October 27, 2021 11:42 PM

Or a Japanese flick, Audition. Gentlemen, you will be cupping your gonads before the movie's done.

by Anonymousreply 138October 27, 2021 11:43 PM

TOURIST TRAP (1979)

Another childhood favorite of mine. Fun, goofy and still creepy with a few good scares. Plus... Keith McDermott (who dies WAY too soon, hardly a spoiler) by getting -- uhm -- impaled by a phallic lead pipe from behind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 27, 2021 11:49 PM

R127 I could not watch the Poughkeepsie Tapes. They were setting up a scene where an 8 year old girl was going to suffer an agonizing end by a serial killer. That got a big 'Nope' from me and I turned it off.

by Anonymousreply 140October 28, 2021 12:08 AM

Well Trick ' r Treat (2007) of course!

by Anonymousreply 141October 28, 2021 12:46 AM

Hellbent is fun with hot gay guys. Scream meets WeHo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 28, 2021 2:34 AM

I was disappointed that Hellbent was sold as a "gay" horror movie when every guy in it was straight.

by Anonymousreply 143October 28, 2021 3:22 PM

R143: How do you know that?

by Anonymousreply 144October 28, 2021 5:29 PM

Trippy. Tim Robbins was exceptionally good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 28, 2021 5:45 PM

The original Funny Games (1997) by Haneke, if nothing else, you'll be furious by the end for all the conventions he breaks.

by Anonymousreply 146October 28, 2021 7:24 PM

Because the director said so R144.

by Anonymousreply 147October 28, 2021 9:34 PM

Has anyone watched Trick r Treat? It looks rather interesting and it is entirely built around a Halloween theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 28, 2021 9:43 PM

Trick r Treat is fun. It’s an anthology but the stories/characters interconnect. Good cast and some creepy imagery

by Anonymousreply 149October 28, 2021 9:54 PM

Agreed, Trick r Treat is a seasonal standard now. As Grace would say, it's not perfect, but it's perfect for you.

by Anonymousreply 150October 29, 2021 1:42 AM

THE FOG (1980)

If you can get past the zombie ghosts, it's actually a good story with a great cast. Lots of tension, lots of jumps scares, and an ever increasing sense of dread. Plus the way Carpenter uses music to make the fog itself seem alive and as threatening as the shark in Jaws.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 29, 2021 1:46 AM

"Vampyr" (1932) is the most atmospheric horror film ever made, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 152October 29, 2021 2:30 AM

Eden Lake

by Anonymousreply 153October 29, 2021 2:35 AM

Aterrados

by Anonymousreply 154October 29, 2021 2:35 AM

Goodnight Mommy

by Anonymousreply 155October 29, 2021 2:35 AM

Because I've seen ALL of them, IMHO, IMHO.

[bold]I

[bold]M

[bold]H

[bold]O

[bold]!

IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO

IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO

IMHO IMHO IMHO

IMHO IMHO

IMHO

!

by Anonymousreply 156October 29, 2021 2:35 AM

El Orfanato/The Orphanage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 29, 2021 2:45 AM

If I weren't 6'4, I would definitely choose the pic at R157 for a halloween costume.

by Anonymousreply 158October 29, 2021 2:48 AM

(There's) Something in my House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 29, 2021 2:52 AM

There is a new Paranormal Activity movie out called Next of Kin. I watched it tonight and it's actually better than any of the movies in the original run. It does touch upon an element or two from those movies but it's mostly separate.

by Anonymousreply 160October 29, 2021 2:58 AM

I watch The Fog(1980) every Halloween. It's so nostalgic to me. Nothing can compare to Adrienne Barbeau's hypnotic scenes in the lighthouse.

by Anonymousreply 161October 29, 2021 3:20 AM

FEAR NO EVIL (1981)

First off, it's awful. But it's also one of the most unintentionally gay horror movies I've ever seen. About on the same level of Nightmare on Elm Street II. If memory serves it's set in a high school where the boys just stare at one another and have late night clandestine meetings trying to get inside of each other (metaphorically, of course). One boy is possessed by apparently Gary Numan and his only salvation is through an angel -- a woman. Goofy fun but not scary. 1981 was a big year for B-budget gay horror with the release also of EVILSPEAK with Clint Howard in the Carrie White role at a military academy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 29, 2021 11:50 AM

THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL (2009)

A must-see for anyone who loves the sensibilities and vibe of mid to late 70s horror movies. Especially devil-themed ones like Devil's Rain or The Sentinel. A couple of shocks, great atmosphere, perfectly hokey in all the right ways. And who can resist seeing Mary Woronov and Tom Noonan play suburban Satanists. Lots of popcorn fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 29, 2021 11:57 AM

I started watching The Exorcist 3 on Netflix last night, but it's so scary and grim that I don't know if I can finish it. I got through the priest's murder in the confessional with Colleen Dewhurt and had to turn it off. It's super scary.

by Anonymousreply 164October 29, 2021 4:21 PM

I started this last week, too late, in bed. About 20 min in I was dead to the world. Haven't picked it up again since but it's something I want to get to this weekend. I've always heard how scary it was and actually do want to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 165October 29, 2021 10:16 PM

The Comedy Of Terrors is a more light hearted Halloween film I like to put on. It used to air o0n a local station every Halloween when I was a kid. It's an AIP/Roger Corman flick with Vincent Price, Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone. I remember they used to play it along with Theatre Of Blood.

by Anonymousreply 166October 29, 2021 10:21 PM

Triangle is a really cool film - I'm always surprised most people haven't heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 167October 31, 2021 5:45 AM

DEMONS (1985)

Like most Giallo, it plays like a surreal nightmare. Sometimes goofy, mostly nonsensical but tense, gory, and lots of fun if you're a fan of the genre.

by Anonymousreply 168October 31, 2021 1:38 PM

Whoops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 31, 2021 1:39 PM

STAGEFRIGHT (1987)

More Giallo, probably best known for the killed dressed with an Owl head mask. Despite that, it's really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 31, 2021 1:42 PM

CEMETERY MAN (1994)

Third and last Giallo entry here. Quirky love story about zombies and apparently necrophilia. Rupert Everett was never hotter than here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 31, 2021 1:47 PM

Nightmare Sisters. Which is a sort of follow-up to Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowlarama.

Unlike Bowlarama, which does have a low-budget and some kind of plot, this one just follows 80s scream queens around a house and lets them have fun with lots of silliness and tonnes of gratuitous nudity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 31, 2021 1:59 PM

BUBBA HO-TEP (2002)

Bruce Campbell as Elvis, who faked his death, now residing in a nursing home being terrorized by a mummy (clearly the oldest denizen there). Elvis saves the day! Also starring Ossie Davis, in one of his last roles. Funny, intentionally campy, but not without scares and tension. Just fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 31, 2021 2:02 PM

R172 Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-rama is not so bad, it has a few thrills and is pretty slick for David DeCoteau.

Robin Stille was great in it as the wicked Babs!

I remember that one of the 80s scream queens, I think it was Linnea Quigley, was such an established name by 1988 she got invited to a Presidental dinner and sat at Reagan's table.

But all three were okay actresses, Linnea the Queen, Brinke the Vixen, and Michelle Bauer beautiful with big knockers.

by Anonymousreply 174October 31, 2021 4:41 PM

I hate being one of those people, but they really did make more interesting movies back in the day. Even something like Nightmare Sisters which seemed to have been shot over a long weekend has more passion, wit, and creativity than the similar no-budget (or even high budget) movies coming out today.

Every now and then, you get something interesting like Hereditary or The House of the Devil, but most horror movies are so disposable and bland these days.

by Anonymousreply 175October 31, 2021 4:44 PM

R167, I agree with you about Triangle. I watched it based on a previous DL thread about lesser known horror movies too! I think it’s still steaming on Tubi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 31, 2021 4:49 PM

^ And if you like Triangle you may enjoy Timecrimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 31, 2021 4:52 PM

Oculus 2013. Very little blood, but great psychological thriller. Playing on Showtime right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 31, 2021 4:56 PM

R174 A good "Brinke" movie to track down is Haunting Fear. Usually, she played supporting, but in this Brinke is the lead above big-hitters like Karen Black and Jan-Michael Vincent. And she's good, very refined and "actressy" in the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 31, 2021 5:18 PM

1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers was was on TV last night. It was terrible, I remember it got good reviews at the time.

by Anonymousreply 180October 31, 2021 9:54 PM

I like it. But if nothing else, it'll always have Art Hindle in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 181October 31, 2021 10:08 PM

Dracula Untold, with hottie Luke Evans

by Anonymousreply 182October 31, 2021 11:44 PM

The Howling is high-class horror. And one the gets better with age. I picked up lots of details in HD that I missed before, like the way the film's color palette highlights yellow in the first 20 minutes to give it a lurid feel, and then when the action moves to the country the cinematography changes to match.

The movie really pulls you in and plays with your feelings. The humor is so expertly placed you don't really notice it, it serves to balance the film. Dee Wallace was sensational and Robert Picardo is very sexy as werewolf Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 183November 1, 2021 12:16 AM

The underrated When A Stranger Calls Back. Incredible twist you never dreamed of. And I can’t watch Sinister or The Strangers all the way through anymore.

by Anonymousreply 184November 1, 2021 2:21 AM

R30 I love your taste in horror!

by Anonymousreply 185November 1, 2021 2:26 AM

Thanks to the person above who mentioned Aterrados. I've never heard about it before but I watched it last night and really liked it. The story doesn't make much sense and the lead character is a wee bit annoying but it has a genuinely creepy atmosphere and a couple of jump scares were so well done they almost made me wet my panties.

by Anonymousreply 186November 2, 2021 8:52 PM

R186 I agree! I saw it about a year ago and it was the first movie I’ve rented (streamed) based on the “box cover” since the days of renting VHS porn at the video store!

by Anonymousreply 187November 3, 2021 1:27 AM

Just watched Exorcist III with George C. Scott. Did anyone else think... meh. Maybe it was scarier in 1990. Felt like a typical high-brow serial killer movie from the 90s that got rewritten at some point to shoehorn in Pazuzu, Fr. Damian and Det. Kinderman. Not scary, not shocking and the ending was really anti-climactic. Better than part II for sure, but still a pale follow up to the original.

by Anonymousreply 188November 3, 2021 2:07 AM

Exorcist 3 was neither a critical nor box office hit upon its release. I thought people only talked about it for that one scene in the hospital.

I enjoy Exorcist 2, but for the wrong reasons,

by Anonymousreply 189November 3, 2021 2:52 AM

Does III feature Pia rockin' out against a demon?

by Anonymousreply 190November 3, 2021 2:58 AM

R189 - Yes, I kept hearing about "that scene". Really? It's pretty much telegraphed for five minutes and we don't see anything. The scariest part of the movie was George C. Scott chewing the scenery. Good God man, rein it in.

Anyway, I only mention my disappointment because I'd kept hearing about this movie and it seems to have made some kind of resurgence. Maybe because it's on Netflix now? I will say that Brad Dourif was really good, and far cuter than I ever remembered him as being.

by Anonymousreply 191November 3, 2021 12:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!