Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Graham Norton Show - anyone else like it?

I wish they would air it in the states, or do they and I just never realized? I’ve always had to find ways to watch it online over the years.

I find him to be mostly funny and enjoyable. He can be too much and annoying at times but still, he’s better than most of the night hosts we have here in the states.

I love the more modern version of the show, where he has up to 4 people per episode, except for when it’s a special guest where he allows them to be alone.

I wish Britney made more appearances on the show, but I remember when he had her on years ago and I loved it because it was quintessential Britney. She was awesome back then. She did look bored after a while though lol.

What are some of your favorite moments and guests?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2022 5:06 AM

Love The Graham Norton Show!!

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2021 2:00 AM

Love The Graham Norton Show!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2021 2:00 AM

I like the show, and like the format even more. All the celebs talking amongst themselves, and riffing off each other.

It seems all the A List celebs like going on his show - all of them drinking most definitely allows for more comedy.

It does air in the states on BBC America.

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2021 2:08 AM

R3 yes, they can openly drink alcohol there and cuss etc. it’s so much more raw and open. I love it.

Mark Wahlberg gets drunk every time he’s there. And he’s even more of an obnoxious prick.

Madonna in 2012 was great, although she seems a bit full of herself. She looked amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2021 2:11 AM

I liked “So Graham Norton” and “V Graham Norton.” Hate “The Graham Norton Show” because its become too Americanized and I hate the group setup because there’s always at least one guest that tries to take the attention off the other guests. I prefer when the guest’s are interviewed separately.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2021 2:13 AM

OP why are you so obsessed with Britney? Get a life!

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote]I hate the group setup because there’s always at least one guest that tries to take the attention off the other guests

That's the point though. This way each guest has to fight for attention by being interesting, they can't just go through the motions like they can on solo appearances. And it's always hilarious to see some Hollywood a-lister be overshadowed by some British stand-up comedian.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2021 2:15 AM

R7 No thanks.

Also, Graham used to be funny, but in recent years, I feel he’s been phoning it in. And I get so tired of him saying “Ahem!” after EVERY joke, as if we need a cue to laugh.🙄

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2021 2:18 AM

I love the group setup. Graham also is a better interviewer when there’s a group than when he’s one on one.

I liked this group. Kylie looks like mini-Nicole Kidman here though. She needs to stop with all the work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2021 2:19 AM

he's on tonight BBC America

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2021 2:22 AM

Are Graham’s people on here trying to convince us that the group setup is wonderful?🧐

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2021 2:26 AM

R11 no, but yes, the group setup is superior and makes for better tv. His show is a lot of celebs favorite to go to.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2021 2:36 AM

[quote]His show is a lot of celebs favorite to go to.

Of course it is. Because he only asks softball questions and everything is just a big joke.

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2021 2:38 AM

R13 Because Colbert, Fallon and Kimmel ask the really heavy questions, right?

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2021 2:40 AM

Graham Norton or Alan Carr ???

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2021 2:41 AM

I met him in Capetown, South Africa . He’s much taller than I thought, and VERY shy. Not standoffish, but really shy.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2021 2:41 AM

R15 Graham Norton

Carr is way too over the top. He tries to outshine his guests

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2021 2:42 AM

Always a treat when Miriam Margolyes appears with Graham.

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote]Graham Norton or Alan Carr ???

Definitely Alan Carr.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2021 2:45 AM

Alan Carr is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2021 2:50 AM

R20 Then don’t watch him.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2021 2:50 AM

Britney was cute on Alan Carr too. But it was post conservatorship so not as good. She wasn’t her usually bubbly silly self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2021 2:51 AM

The group couch feels like a dinner party. The one-on-one is like a job interview. This bit wouldn’t be near as charming without Hugh and Patrick Stewart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2021 2:54 AM

R18 Another vote for Norton and Miriam Margoyles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2021 2:59 AM

What about The Jonathan Ross Show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2021 3:07 AM

Greg Davies is the funniest recurring guest

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2021 4:21 AM

The group dynamic works, because it's such a loose atmosphere and people end up playing off each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2021 4:29 AM

Also, performers tend to want to play along and even one-up each other, so even the most unexpected people end up being game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2021 4:40 AM

When the chemistry between the guests actually works, there is nothing better on TV.

I loved watching when Lady Gaga met the grande dame of British soaps…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2021 4:43 AM

It's so much fun...and you can tell the guests love doing the show. They're all having a hoot.

I wish they'd have more Brits on and not so many Americans though.

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2021 7:31 AM

His show is so Americanized now r30. I feel it’s a British show for Americans lol

by Anonymousreply 31October 2, 2021 11:31 AM

I love when Dawn French is on.

by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2021 11:48 AM

I see OP is lined out, For those who are doing that, can you please explain your reasoning? I had no idea Graham Norton was offensive to some.

by Anonymousreply 33October 2, 2021 11:53 AM

R33 it’s one person. He has numerous accounts. He’s all over this thread too. If he doesn’t like what someone posts he FFs instead of just scrolling by.

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2021 12:27 PM

That was weird and telling when drunk Marky Mark climbed onto Graham’s lap and started playing with his nipples. Starts around 23:00.

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2021 12:33 PM

Because I’m an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2021 12:36 PM

R35 he was trying to be funny.

As said upthread, the best part of the group vs 1 on 1 is seeing the celebs try to outdo one another

by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2021 12:49 PM

How much do they pay these celebrities to come in?

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2021 8:00 PM

Is it difficult to buy a couple of tickets to see Graham's show in person? Are they sold to the general public?

by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2021 10:07 PM

I liked the show about 20 years ago - now it's a victim of its own success. Still very good, but I preferred the odder older shows.

I went to two tapings of it in London - very fun.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2021 10:17 PM

R39 They're free, you can try and get them from the link below.

While finding that, I saw some info on a new show he's hosting:

[quote]From the producers of RuPaul’s Drag Race comes QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE – an international drag queen singing competition unlike anything you’ve seen before, hosted by Graham Norton. We’ve scoured the universe for the very best drag performers, who’ll take to the stage and sing live to impress our superstar panel and studio audience. Only one can be crowned QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE. So, get ready for high heels, high octaves and high drama that’ll blow your wig off!

Sounds awful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2021 10:17 PM

They used to get audience members to do the most outrageous shit.

I recall one guy stood completely naked in the middle of Covent Garden for some tickets to some Costa Del Sol shithole.

It was a crazy show in the beginning and so much fun. Now it's just a ton of celebrities - which is fun, but a bit different.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote] I see OP is lined out, For those who are doing that, can you please explain your reasoning? I had no idea Graham Norton was offensive to some.

I didn't grey out the OP's post. But I am offended by this witless TV show which features American corporate whores flogging their products.

I notice there was another cancelled thread entitled—

[quote] Why was my Graham Norton thread deleted? He still needs his hard drive checking. (10/19/2022)

by Anonymousreply 43October 28, 2022 5:00 AM

I can admit Norton doesn't waste time like his old fogey predecessors.

He asks direct questions 'What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you on stage?

And the celebrity tells audience about the night they lost their pants, or how big their penis is, or how they were caught wearing a dress or how the elephant defecated on the stage.

And the audience guffaws like morons.

by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2022 5:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!