Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember Umbrella Man from the Minneapolis riots?

I know you'll be shocked:

[bold]Minneapolis Police Reportedly Identify Viral 'Umbrella Man' As White Supremacist[/bold]

Police say the masked, umbrella-wielding man who smashed windows at a Minneapolis auto parts store two days after George Floyd's death has ties to a white supremacist group and specifically sought to inflame racial tensions.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Minneapolis police arson investigator Erika Christensen wrote in a search warrant affidavit filed this week that the man's actions created a hostile atmosphere and sparked a series of events that turned previously peaceful protests chaotic. She said she believed his "sole aim was to incite violence."

Minneapolis police spokesperson John Elder told NPR he is unable to comment on the investigation, which is "open and active." NPR has not seen the affidavit and is not naming the man because he has not been charged with a crime.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Also, [bold]Far-Right Boogaloo Boi Admits Posing As BLM Activist While Shooting At Police Station During Floyd Protest[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2021 12:33 AM

We knew the guy breaking the windows was a white supremacist

We called it at the time

A bunch of Russians robbed/looted lots of high end stores in NYC during the BLM protests. Those fuckers were organized

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2021 1:03 AM

All the right wing could talk about was those riots and yet they started them. It should have been more obvious. Not one reporter looked into this?

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2021 1:07 AM

Its said that person is a cop.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2021 1:15 AM

OP posts a story over a year old. Gee, I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2021 1:20 AM

Because I'm an idiot, r5. The story about the Boogaloo guy came up in my feed. I found the story about the Umbrella Man in the same thread and assumed it was from the same time period.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2021 1:23 AM

A good reminder though for when the cry about the “BLM riots” when they were right wing all along.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2021 1:38 AM

I think there is someone directing these right-wing vigilante people. Someone with a lot of money and resources.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 9:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2021 9:07 AM

R3, there was at least one article at the time, it's been long enough ago I don't remember what outlet it was in but I think Buzzfeed or Rolling Stone. This NPR article (which is a year old) took what we already knew and built on it. It never really has gotten the kind of attention it should have, it's incredibly frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2021 9:17 AM

It is seriously frustrating because many, MANY media outlets owe a retraction. They blamed it on BLM.

Keep these stories circulating. Bump once a week or so. Make sure to correct the record any and everywhere you can.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2021 9:19 AM

This would make a good 60 minutes episode.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2021 9:24 AM

Why doesn’t BLM make a bigger deal about this?

Don’t they have a PR team?

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2021 9:25 AM

This is going to be a case study in J school one day. How was BLM allowed to be smeared in the media so often? How did they get this so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2021 9:29 AM

The media does a great job of smearing Black people, from darkening OJ's mugshot to finding every Black crime victim's mugshot while posting white family annihilators in cheerful settings. It's nuts once you start noticing.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2021 2:26 PM

I think at least a correction is in order. Will the media be making a statement? “We got this wrong”?

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]Texas Boogaloo Boy Admits In Court He Traveled to Minneapolis After George Floyd Died, Fired 13 Shots In Police Precinct Building to Sow Chaos - 10/11/21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 3:13 AM

There you have it. Smoking gun.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 3:18 AM

Umbrella man was actually a police officer. Just like them to frame someone else for their crimes.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2021 3:22 AM

If you think one guy could possibly be responsible for all the burning and rioting, you're a complete moron.

It wasn't proud boys looting last summer, and your attempt to revise history is bizarre

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2021 3:24 AM

This was just one of them got caught.

I saw these demonstrations that were totally peaceful one minute be stirred up the next by guys like this. It happened all over the U.S. I saw it.

I think a lot more will be coming out about how coordinated it all was.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 3:26 AM

An entir area was burned to the ground and has still not been rebuilt, imon’t think this one guy did all the damage by himself.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2021 3:26 AM

He even admitted it. What more do you need.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 3:29 AM
by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 4:28 PM

Now we know.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 4:38 PM

It’s not surprising. It’s just like all the countless hoaxes we have seen of people claiming to be a victims when they did the act themselves (e.g. Jussie). It’s good to be a little suspicious of these things.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 6:00 PM

of course they said he's a white supremacist they say that about any white person who disagrees with them. God your an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote]God your an idiot.

Thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 7:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!