Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Justin Trudeau went surfing in Tofino on Canada's first Truth and Reconciliation Day.

Terrible optics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2021 6:57 PM

He's very entitled but that's obvious. He grew up his whole life with a leg up on anyone else who wanted to enter politics. He just got reelected so he's feeling invincible. Of course I'm glad he won over the conservatives but Trudeau really isn't so great.

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2021 2:52 AM

How he could do this today, of all days? Why didn't he just wait till tomorrow when no one would care?

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2021 2:58 AM

A dumb ass move, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2021 2:59 AM

The weird thing is yes, he a spoiled and ultimately unserious brat - but he's still miles better than anything the conservatives have on offer.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2021 3:04 AM

I would have voted for Singh but the candidate in my riding was not qualified. I think Singh would be a great PM.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2021 3:08 AM

He's a worthless piece of shit, and fuck the 25% of the total electorate (mostly immigrants in Toronto) that kept this motherfucker in power. And his mother is a whore.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2021 3:09 AM

Every other leader did something today to mark the day. Yikes. This is bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2021 3:10 AM

Idiots gonna idiots. You voted for him eastern Canada.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2021 3:10 AM

Honestly I’d prefer going back to Harper to this moron

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2021 3:11 AM

R6 Now why don't you tell us what you really think.........??!!

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2021 3:11 AM

Well, that's it. Well just send Trump up there to run Canada, he's really petty too

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2021 3:12 AM

R4 Bingo! And the NDP Leader is no prize either!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2021 3:13 AM

Of course r6 that’s why he plays dress up with them. He doesn’t give a shit about actual Canadians who were born here indigenous or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2021 3:13 AM

What the hell is first Truth and Reconciliation Day???

It sounds like a made up day in The Onion.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2021 3:15 AM

I've told you all a million times Trudeau is his own worst enemy when it comes to this kind of stupid shit. Every one knows he deserves a holiday as much as anyone, but why the fuck today? Again, where was the PMO to tell him "no"? He needs to go and so do the rest of the idiots close to him.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2021 3:17 AM

R14 It's for the Native Canadian children whose many bodies were found buried on school/church property. We were encourage to wear the color orange today in support, and I did.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2021 3:18 AM

this is really disgusting considering Trudeau played with the emotions of indigenous people to get elected the first time around. I remember one woman talking about her missing niece to me hoping that maybe things would change and the government would actually try to do something about all of the missing and murdered indigenous women. It’s way worse to play on people’s vulnerabilities to get what you want then to just be open about not caring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2021 3:21 AM

[quote] It's for the Native Canadian

First Nations!

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2021 3:21 AM

[quote] Terrible optics.

He just won reelection, and so he's on vacation after a long bout of campaigning.

I seriously doubt you even give two shits about the actual meaning of Canada's first Truth and Reconcilation Day yourself, or about indigenous Canadians. You're just posting this solely to score extremely cheap and shallow points against Trudeau.

You're fooling no one.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2021 3:23 AM

This might be the end of him........he should step down, and soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2021 3:23 AM

And there he is at R19, defending this shit. This was terrible optics and you damn well know it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2021 3:24 AM

Hey, R19, Indigenous people themselves are calling him out. What does that tell you??

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2021 3:25 AM

What’s with the pathetic Trudeau bootlickers on here? He’s not going to fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2021 3:26 AM

Here ya go, R19. JFC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2021 3:27 AM

This was an awkward day for ALL Canadians. Many of us didn't know what to do or what to say.

It's a Federal holiday but some provinces, like mine (Ontario), opted out so many of us had to go to work. We had a scheduled meeting at my office and my boss was very emotional and didn't want the meeting to continue so it was canceled.

I liked Trudeau but this isn't just bad, it isn't just tone-deaf, it's offensive. It really is a slap in the face to Indigenous people.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2021 3:30 AM

Do we give a fuck about newly re-elected Trudeau's optics?

No we do not.

Are we going to pretend to care just to score low-IQ voter points?

No we are not.

Trudeau's fine. The extreme right hates him. The extreme left hates him. He's probably doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2021 3:32 AM

He's an asshole. He won't be around for long anyway. He can pretty much shelved any hope of running again (which I doubt he has.) But this is the kind of self absorbed behaviour that confirms what most people think of him, whether you agree with his politics or not. He's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2021 3:33 AM

I will never understand how people can vote for someone based on looks/hair. It's fucking mind-boggling the damage this cunt has done to Canada, yet the fantasy of his dick in your pussy./asshole has won him three elections now. Canada is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2021 3:35 AM

Didn’t he grope a bunch of women too? Why haven’t we heard more about that? Honestly I’d expect it from someone like him.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2021 3:36 AM

Trudeau defenders, how can you not see that this was a bad move??

Yes, he deserves a break after the election, but why didn't he head to Kamloops since he was invited there and pay some respects or even stay in Ottawa and begin his vacation tomorrow?

He is the PM, he and his office have to think of the bigger picture.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2021 3:37 AM

Worse, he lied. His official schedule said private meetings in Ottawa. Nice little coward's sashay when he walks, if you're into that.

What a douche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2021 3:42 AM

He's sexually assaulted women. Physically shoved a woman on camera. Been photographed in blackface multiple times. Openly admires China. Appeases and awards terrorists. He's a low IQ clown born into the world's 0.001% elite and gifted his party's leadership. Like his father, he despises and has declared war on White Anglo-Canadians. He's the worst thing ever to happen to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2021 3:42 AM

What a scummy motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2021 3:43 AM

Agree r32 we judge the us but we have our own massive issues here

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2021 3:44 AM

[quote] He won't be around for long anyway.

He's been Labor Party leader since 2013 and he's been prime minister since 2015. He's [italic]already[/italic] been around for a long time.

Plus, he just won re-election for his third term.

Deal with it! Accept it! It's reality!

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2021 3:45 AM

Canad's electoral system is so rotten and unfair and undemocratic, I think most Americans would be appalled if they cared to know the truth. The truth is one city - Toronto -can choose the government for the whole country, which is what just happened.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2021 3:46 AM

Well, actually, he's been Liberal party leader who has won one majority and two consecutive minorities. His government can be brought down at any time. So given your clear "understanding" of Canadian politics, you can be forgiven for not getting that his days as leader are numbered. He won't be around for long.

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2021 3:47 AM

It’s Canada. Nobody gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2021 3:48 AM

Also, he's a self-absorbed, clueless, arrogant, performative asshole. And he just made it pretty impossible to prove otherwise. Dad went for a walk in the snow, Jr. went for a walk on the beach. Guess which one will be respected in the long term?

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2021 3:48 AM

And Toronto is full of the worst assholes in the country so of course this entitled douche bag keeps winning.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2021 3:48 AM

Toronto is among the reasons we've got a Liberal government in Ottawa and not a Conservative one, so give us that. It's not our fault he's the leader.

But yes, this horrible, Soviet city is full of assholes. They just have one good moment every few years where they vote right. Which is a miracle when you consider the toxic mix of no hopers they elect and re-elect to city council.

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2021 3:51 AM

How does this compare to Calif Gov. Gavin Newsom dining (or was it lunching?) at the obscenely expensive elite French Laundry restaurant with a big group of people in contravention of his own stay-home orders to thwart COVID? He defeated the recent recall effort anyhow. Optics be damned?

by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2021 3:55 AM

The emotion around First Nations people is high in Canada. The residential schools scandal is ugly and shaming. Trudeau is such a preacher, this should be worse than Gavin having dinner in violation of his own rules. That said, everything's so partisan, principle doesn't matter on the left or the right because all people want to do is complain the other side is worse in comparison. Nothing matters in and of itself any more.

by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2021 3:58 AM

This is a terrible optics move 100% and he's an idiot for doing it.

That being said, it will be a niche issue that most Canadians won't care about. Sad reality, during the election, polls showed that reconciliation was an important issue to less than 10% of Canadians. Additionally, for about 90% of the country it was a normal working day. Trudeau will take some heat from politicians for political points, but I don't think people will care honestly. Reconciliation is important but more so to indigenous folks, university students and the woke Twitter crowd.

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2021 3:58 AM

Who elected that meth head freak? What was his name, Something Ford?

Was that also Ontario?

How were those optics?

by Anonymousreply 45October 1, 2021 4:01 AM

And yet this fucker wouldn't pass up an opportunity to take a selfie with some vapid celebrity.

Indigenous people will NOT forget this.

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2021 4:01 AM

I have more respect for the right on this issue. Trudeau has been exploiting indigenous people and being a fake environmentalist his entire career.

by Anonymousreply 47October 1, 2021 4:02 AM

R43 I would say most Canadians feel shame and sadness around the historical treatment of indigenous peoples, but R44 is correct. Reconciliation is not a the big issue that some think it is.

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote]Optics be damned?

Evidently, freeper cunt fuck R42, he beat the recall.

by Anonymousreply 49October 1, 2021 4:17 AM

Toronto liberals are a problem you say?

Tell me about it, they totally harshed my high. Repeatedly. They put private videos of my partying with my bros on blast. Then they fired me. Toronto liberals suck!

The Tories are where the Toronto party people go.

by Anonymousreply 50October 1, 2021 4:54 AM

He didn’t get what he wanted from the election, so now he’s like, “Fuck ALL ya’ll!”

by Anonymousreply 51October 1, 2021 4:58 AM

[quote]And Toronto is full of the worst assholes in the country so of course this entitled douche bag keeps winning.

No, Alberta is full of the worst assholes in the country. Get it right.

by Anonymousreply 52October 1, 2021 6:00 AM

What an idiot! He’s always been a very incompetent leader. Only idiots vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 53October 1, 2021 6:05 AM

[quote] What the hell is first Truth and Reconciliation Day???

More woke Canadian virtue signaling. But then what isn't

by Anonymousreply 54October 1, 2021 7:07 AM

I'm not Canadian but doesn’t he seem a bit overdressed for surfing?

by Anonymousreply 55October 1, 2021 8:55 AM

O Canada, be comforted. You're all still reacting to campaign caricatures of silly political nonsense. Who knows? He may well be wearing an orange thong to commemorate the first nation attrocities. You're idiots to long for an alternative that would put you in the Trumpy world of Rupert Murdochstan again. Trudeau knows this, that's why he's lost respect for you dunderheads who would value an orange fool at the head of some symbolic parade than an all too human leader that the Western hemisphere is very lucky to have, if you'd take the opportunity to notice, Besides, he still has your tar sands and baby seal clubbing days to make up for this frightful faux pas.

by Anonymousreply 56October 1, 2021 10:26 AM

Someone in his inner circle should be smacking him right upside his head.

by Anonymousreply 57October 1, 2021 11:05 AM

He appears to suffer from arrogance and a lack of self awareness like most people in politics.

by Anonymousreply 58October 1, 2021 11:31 AM

Today his schedule will include going to a fry bread food truck while rocking turquoise jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 59October 1, 2021 11:48 AM

R49, that's what I said: Newsom beat the recall despite the bad optics, so maybe optics don't count? Reading comprehension does, however.

by Anonymousreply 60October 1, 2021 1:01 PM

Hyper-partisan Liberal Twitter - "Only Indigenous people have to right to be upset at Trudeau going to the beach."

Several Twitter accounts from prominent Indigenous people - "We're upset that the PM chose to go on holidays on the nation's first Truth and Reconciliation Day. It makes him seem insincere after the discoveries of the unmarked graves this year and especially because the election was less than two weeks ago and Trudeau promised to work on reconciliation. Also, he ignored an invitation to a ceremony in Kamlooops...."

Hyper-partisan Liberal Twitter - "The 28th was the anniversary of his father's death, his dead brother's birthday is upcoming, he deserves a vacation, he wanted to stay out of the public eye that day! How DARE you accuse him of being insensitive!!"

Prominent Indigenous people on Twitter - "it would have really mean a lot if he would have visited Kamloops, it seems like he only wants our votes, if this would have been before the election, he would have been there."

Hyper-partisan Liberal Twitter - "The media is biased!! This one Indigenous person I know said he didn't care that the PM went to Tofino!!"

by Anonymousreply 61October 1, 2021 2:50 PM

He's over. He only has credibility with people who are willing to squint with one eye and close the other. He's a lightweight dilettante and if this insult doesn't prove it, you just won't see reality. What a knob.

by Anonymousreply 62October 1, 2021 2:52 PM

Example A

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 1, 2021 2:52 PM

^ That post proves what a fool you are. She's an Indigenous, focused on Indigenous issues and restorative justice and that's the handiwork of a right wing troll to you? You're fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 64October 1, 2021 2:54 PM

Who are you talking to, R64? I posted that to prove that Liberal Twitter is insane in defending him.

by Anonymousreply 65October 1, 2021 2:56 PM

Example B

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 1, 2021 2:56 PM

R63.... I totally apologize. I thought I was on another thread and completely misinterpreted your post. In this instance (and probably all instances) I'm the fool. A thousand apologies!

by Anonymousreply 67October 1, 2021 2:57 PM

The point, R64, is that Indigenous people are upset, very upset with his actions, and rightly so, but Liberal Twitter insists on defending this shit with the lamest of excuses.

by Anonymousreply 68October 1, 2021 2:58 PM

Ha, no problem, R67.

by Anonymousreply 69October 1, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote] He's over. He only has credibility with people who are willing to squint with one eye and close the other. He's a lightweight dilettante

He should be over but instead he just won another election. Apparently a lightweight dilettante is the best Canada can do, which goes a long way showing why they are excluded from the new US/UK/Australian alliance.

by Anonymousreply 70October 1, 2021 3:00 PM

I used to get into some barn burner scraps with Trudeau apologists but after this I can't even bother any more. It proves I was right all along about him and them. A shallow lightweight and ass sucking fangurls. The end. One less battle for obvious common sense to fight around here....

by Anonymousreply 71October 1, 2021 3:00 PM

R70, as a Canadian I find that post makes me wince, but hard to argue with. As a nation, we have neglected both foreign policy and any sense of ourselves as a nation in the world. We have grown complacent and smug. Canada is not back under Trudeau. We continue to coast. Once we were honest brokers, now we're has beens. I hope Mark Carney takes over the Liberal party and helps restore the country to some respected standing as a middle power, because right now it feels like we're a former hot guy who's hair is thinning.

by Anonymousreply 72October 1, 2021 3:02 PM

Let's be more specific. Trudeau was NOT surfing as the caption says but merely walking down the beach. He had spent hours talking to the families of Indigenous people on the phone. Op has a bug up his ass and really hates Trudeau. Take your venom and your postings elsewhere!

by Anonymousreply 73October 1, 2021 3:04 PM

He will not recover from this.

I want him gone and I want the Liberal Party to return to normal. Keeping flags at half-staff does nothing for anyone, but the Trudeau stans who think it actually does something. Typical, all for show.

Indigenous people say that Trudeau pissed them off and fanboys literally white-splain how they've got it wrong.

Just the other day on Power and Politics the panel was saying that they thought Trudeau does care about reconciliation. He made them liars. Again, why couldn't he have waited one day to go on holidays? I don't buy the sudden tweet "I spoke on the phone to survivors" crap either. I'm sure he did, but that still doesn't make up for taking his family on vacation.

Why the fuck was he at the beach, R73??

by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2021 3:06 PM

Example C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 1, 2021 3:10 PM

R74 You have serious anger/hate issues...........

by Anonymousreply 76October 1, 2021 3:10 PM

No, R76, he doesn't. He just doesn't say what you want him to say. Even as contrary opinions go, that's nursery rhymes for DL.

by Anonymousreply 77October 1, 2021 3:11 PM

R76, you are seriously blind if you defend this. You're as partisan as a Trumper.

Example D

But, I guess all these Indigenous people who are upset are wrong, correct, R76??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 1, 2021 3:14 PM

R75 R77 R78 Twisted Troll who has too much time on their hands and REALLY needs to see a therapist!

by Anonymousreply 79October 1, 2021 3:18 PM

You hosers really have your toques on backwards if you don't like Trudeau.

Wait, was that too rude?

by Anonymousreply 80October 1, 2021 3:20 PM

LOL... your detective skills are about as good as your intellect, you sad apologist.

by Anonymousreply 81October 1, 2021 3:20 PM

I'm sorry, pathetic apologist.

by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2021 3:22 PM

R79, what does it take for you to stop being an apologist? What does he have to do? I'd like to know. Are the Indigenous leaders whose Twitter accounts I've linked here wrong for being upset by Trudeau heading off to Tofino or not? Maybe you should tell them how they should feel, especially on the day after the first Truth and Reconciliation Day. Go ahead and invalidate them.

What R81 said.

by Anonymousreply 83October 1, 2021 3:25 PM

The thing that bugs me most about fangurls is the lack of integrity. As long as someone is worse, it's OK. Nothing matters in and of itself any more. How can people respect the system if the people in it lack integrity? R79 doesn't need to turn his back on Trudeau but where's the harm, why the inability to admit he fucked up and should apologize and do better?

by Anonymousreply 84October 1, 2021 3:43 PM

BC needs to leave Canada instead of having the rest of the country decide what kind of scumbag they want in charge of us.

by Anonymousreply 85October 1, 2021 3:47 PM

On DL, it's because he has a hot ass, R84. That's it. It's like the Yaaaasss Kweens who make female politicians into "boss bitch divas" just by them being female and saying what they want them to say. I do not get it.

If a hot ass is the major requirement, then Adam Van Koeverden should be the Liberal leader. He's far more attractive than JT and is an Olympic champion.

by Anonymousreply 86October 1, 2021 3:52 PM

All that, R84, and you know they'd rip another leader of they had done the same thing. Imagine if O'Toole had won and he went on vacation with his family? He'd be rightly criticized and Liberals wouldn't defend him one bit!!

Liberal Twitter was all over Singh a few days ago for skateboarding in an alley. (I can't stand Singh, btw, but I'm not going to go after him for something so stupid), but no one should dare to criticize JT for this??

by Anonymousreply 87October 1, 2021 3:55 PM

Anyway I'm done nailing them. He is what he is, he's shown it, and only fools think otherwise. It's actually so amusing to me he actually handed his critics this proof. What a douche.

by Anonymousreply 88October 1, 2021 3:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 1, 2021 4:16 PM

So? Let him. Fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 90October 1, 2021 4:19 PM

He makes it soooo hard… why is he such a bonehead?

by Anonymousreply 91October 1, 2021 4:22 PM

He’s better than any North American leader in the 21 St century. Well see about Biden who’s not doing too shabbily.

by Anonymousreply 92October 1, 2021 4:30 PM

^ LOL.

by Anonymousreply 93October 1, 2021 4:35 PM

R92 is obviously as clueless as Trudeau

by Anonymousreply 94October 1, 2021 4:45 PM

Name anyone better.

by Anonymousreply 95October 1, 2021 4:46 PM

STFU R92 you sound like stupid person.

by Anonymousreply 96October 1, 2021 4:55 PM

You mean the guy who grew up rich, rubs elbows with dictators, and dressed in blackface also doesn’t give a shit about Native people? Go know!

by Anonymousreply 97October 1, 2021 5:20 PM

I bet he flew on a private jet, too.

by Anonymousreply 98October 1, 2021 5:22 PM

Well, Obama. He delivered more health care to his country than it had seen in fifty years. Trudeau's done nothing comparable and not much else.

by Anonymousreply 99October 1, 2021 5:30 PM

I wish he’d drop dead. But from something embarrassing like untreated syphilis.

by Anonymousreply 100October 1, 2021 5:30 PM

I had no idea what this day was about, or its significance, until I saw in the news that Queen Elizabeth sent a sympathetic message to mark the day. She's on her break but still found time to act appropriately. I agree, it doesn't look good for Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 101October 1, 2021 5:48 PM

The Star... the content doesn't need repeating... the headline is the content.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 1, 2021 6:02 PM

Seriously, like WTF!!! He could always go on vacation on the next day instead. VERY bad decision from him. It’s time for the Liberals to choose a new and more competent leader

by Anonymousreply 103October 1, 2021 6:09 PM

I agree with the assertions most Canadians aren't concerned enough about this historic wrong to be angry about it on its face... I do wonder, though, if it confirms bigger reservations in many Canadians with regard to his character and superficiality. It certain deprives him of what he likes to do best, which is reciting his poetry about how everybody else should conduct themselves. Behind the scenes, this does significant damage to his credibility with First Nations, an important stakeholder.

It will be interesting to see if there is a story in a few days or week, maybe a month, about the whispers of 'time to go' getting louder as a result of this. He's now blundered into an election that was circular at best and now blundered into a humiliation the opposition doesn't even have to milk. For once things are as bad, maybe worse, than they look on the surface.

by Anonymousreply 104October 1, 2021 6:26 PM

R104, lots of Canadians are though. People from my workplace who never seemed concerned about it have been since the discovery of the children's bodies. The unmarked grave findings woke up a lot of people.

Trudeau's lost the Indigenous vote which was already slipping. I'm sure the party is aware and the Liberals need their support.

I feel sorry for Marc Miller. He's one of the only Liberals (maybe the only one) who actually does give a damn. He's done some good work and takes a lot of heat because of Trudeau. This is going to be bad for him, and Marc's an honest guy. He'll have a hard time spinning this.

by Anonymousreply 105October 1, 2021 7:00 PM

Hopefully this translates to more NDP votes but it will probably just make more people cynical snd not vote.

by Anonymousreply 106October 1, 2021 7:02 PM

[quote] Indigenous people will NOT forget this.

First of all, that's less than 5% of the Canadian population.

Second, do you really think they're going to vote for a Conservative because the Premier took a vacation right after his reelection bid? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 107October 1, 2021 7:02 PM

The NDP don't give a shit either, R106 and Jagmeet Singh is a phony. The Cons are too.

What needs to happen is the Liberals need to get rid of Justin and pick a fucking competent leader.

So it's all okay because Indigenous people make up less than 5% of the population? Good fucking god.

by Anonymousreply 108October 1, 2021 7:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 1, 2021 7:07 PM

Trudeau is such a douche. He even has a smirk on his face in r109

by Anonymousreply 110October 1, 2021 7:12 PM

Kill the rich

by Anonymousreply 111October 1, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote]Second, do you really think they're going to vote for a Conservative because the Premier took a vacation right after his reelection bid? I think not.

Or maybe they just don't vote. Can be as harmful as voting elsewhere in a narrow race.

by Anonymousreply 112October 1, 2021 7:14 PM

"the Premier," R107? You mean the PM? No, Indigenous people won't vote in large for the Cons, but if they vote, they will vote for the NDP instead of the Liberals - which means that either the NDP could win OR the vote on the left gets split and the Cons come up the middle.

by Anonymousreply 113October 1, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]Second, do you really think they're going to vote for a Conservative because the Premier took a vacation right after his reelection bid? I think not.

He flew to vacation on what was supposed to be the first ever day for reflection and reconciliation over the deaths of hundreds of children, far from their homes, as a result of government policy.

Let's not add insult to injury even if Justin does have a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 114October 1, 2021 7:21 PM

Yeah you’d think a rich guy with no real boss could postpone his vacation for something like this. Even rednecks I know we’re really left horrified and speechless by the discovery of all the dead children this year. He obviously has zero conscious.

by Anonymousreply 115October 1, 2021 7:24 PM

[Quote] Well, Obama. He delivered more health care to his country

You mean he delivered it to the private health insurance companies and sold it to his purple as public health insurance.

Cmon r96 you can surely try harder. Don't be such a cold.

by Anonymousreply 116October 1, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] This was terrible optics and you damn well know it.

Yes, but the point is, it's just optics. It doesn't actually mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 117October 1, 2021 7:32 PM

Yes, it does, R117. It means he doesn't give a shit and is so arrogant that he didn't realize that even thinking of going on holidays was a bad idea. He is the PM, not some random dude who took the opportunity of a stat to drive out to the beach instead of attending a memorial/march etc...

by Anonymousreply 118October 1, 2021 7:36 PM

Give up, R116. Obama was more consequential when he was community organizing than Justin Trudeau will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 119October 1, 2021 7:42 PM

Meh. Someone else can take care of the optics. That's why you have deputies.

by Anonymousreply 120October 1, 2021 7:43 PM

R116, suppose you provide us with some of the legendary accomplishments of Justin, rather than your sweeping observations of his magical powers. I await with interest and amusement.

by Anonymousreply 121October 1, 2021 7:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 1, 2021 7:45 PM

[Quote] . Obama was more consequential when he was community organizing than Justin Trudeau will ever be.

That's all Obama ever did for the people. Community organizing did he say? Maybe he will stop evolving in retirement.

Sorry, this must be hard for you r116.

Ok so who else you got?

by Anonymousreply 123October 1, 2021 7:47 PM

Justin sometimes looks "better" than US presidents because he had less work to do. Canada has long had things that the Americans don't/didn't (or we got these things long ahead of the Americans) maternity leave, sickness benefits, universal health care, marriage equity, other social programs, worker protections (union rights for example) etc.. It has nothing to do with one thing Trudeau making miracles happen. Take MAID for instance - Canada is generally more left than the US, so not as hard to get things like that through.

We have a running start on the US on many of those sorts of issues, and they have to play catch up on some things, but credit isn't all Trudeau's to take. Think Pearson, old man Trudeau, Chretien, Martin who have legacies. Trudeau Jr. can and does deserve credit on extending parental leave, MAID, pot legalization, increased child care benefits, upcoming daycare program BUT, he had less of a hill to climb to get those things done than Biden, Obama, Clinton (all of whom would be actual Progressive Conservatives/moderate Conservatives if they were politicians in Canada).

by Anonymousreply 124October 1, 2021 7:57 PM

It takes years to build reputation and often moments to lose it.

He's always had trouble matching his rhetoric with his lifestyle. Do as I say, not as I do.

by Anonymousreply 125October 1, 2021 8:02 PM

I know the Liberals probably don't want another white man to lead them, but who really would be in the running to take leadership aside from Carney (I doubt it'd be him for some reason), Champagne, Gallant???? I don't think it'll be Freeland. Who else is there?

by Anonymousreply 126October 1, 2021 8:07 PM

Funnily enough, I argue it's whoever comes across as having a vision and ideas. That was the strength of Trudeau the elder. Chretien had the Red Book. Stars often bomb in the Liberal ranks - Ignatieff, much hailed in the same way I think Carney is rumoured (though I don't quite discount Carney yet, only note that precedent isn't really on his side.) Heirs bomb too: Martin, Turner. I think anyone is capable of a surprise. I think that's the biggest let down of La Chignon... he talked like he knew far more than he proved to know. You were looking for his father's wisdom and got fridge magnets and mugs. Rather too much like his mother, I'm afraid, sweet, well intentioned, empty headed.

by Anonymousreply 127October 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Come to that, Margaret, too, showed a propensity for ill timed vacations that offended the country!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 1, 2021 8:15 PM

Way back when, I wanted Marc Garneau to take leadership (yes, he dropped out). He's a boring older man, but he's solid and smart. However, he probably wasn't enough to take down Harper, but, I think he'd have made a good PM and wouldn't embarrass the country or do stupidly reckless things. He's 72 and probably too old to lead, but he's a solid performer.

by Anonymousreply 129October 1, 2021 8:19 PM

They ALL do stuff like this. Lecture us on how to behave and then do whatever the fuck they want.

by Anonymousreply 130October 1, 2021 8:43 PM

Harper was almost the same as Trudeau he just didn’t claim he was going to do things like investigate MMIW. It shows how centrist the Liberals really are.

by Anonymousreply 131October 1, 2021 8:46 PM

There will come a day in the future where every day will be assigned to an aggrieved group and all we'll get to do every day is sit there looking solemn waiting for death.

by Anonymousreply 132October 1, 2021 9:17 PM

He was born in a very wealthy family with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has never had to work hard to earn anything. Please don’t compare him with an US president whose responsibilities and workloads are more than 10x than a Canadian PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 1, 2021 9:52 PM

I want to see Justin and Jagmeet strip down at that Tofino Island beach.

I want to see them arm-wrestle.

And then I want a full-body wrestle. I want sweat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 1, 2021 10:15 PM

But, but he brought a teddy bear. That counts for something, eh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 1, 2021 10:17 PM

I am one of La Chignon's greatest critics here but even I wouldn't credit a word The Sun has to say about the matter. It's one of those papers where you could cure cancer and if you're not a knuckle dragger you'll still have done something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 136October 1, 2021 11:26 PM

Sigh......Liberals needs to stop telling First Nations how they should feel or making excuses for the PM snubbing them.

It's not just The Sun, R136.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 1, 2021 11:35 PM

So does Keanu Reeves still get to play Justin in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 138October 1, 2021 11:54 PM

Sean Penn should get to play Justin in the movie. They both have wide heads and Penn can play megalomaniacs.

by Anonymousreply 139October 1, 2021 11:57 PM

At this point, the only person desperate enough for that part will be Glenn Close.

by Anonymousreply 140October 1, 2021 11:58 PM

True, R137, and I can guarantee the ones on my Facebook who will be bitching about Trudeau here are also the same ones who always bitch about Indigenous people “just wanting handouts”. After thinking about Trudeau’s actions, it is true that maybe he should have remained low key and let Indigenous people have their day. Instead, the press ignores Indigenous people and stalks Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 141October 2, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote] stalks Trudeau.

He adores the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 142October 2, 2021 12:05 AM

Is that what you got from that Tweet, R141?

A FN community in Kamloops where first the unmarked graves were found invited Trudeau need to be told what's up by some Liberal partisan? He held indoor events during the campaign, so why couldn't he have at met privately with some FN leaders if he was so worried about attracting attention? There's no excuses here.

by Anonymousreply 143October 2, 2021 12:14 AM

Read some of the responses to that tweet, R137.

by Anonymousreply 144October 2, 2021 12:15 AM

Or I mean R143. The fact is Trudeau is damned if he does, dammed if he doesn’t. If he wasn’t attending any events, the very least he should have done was stay home. But to pillory him for this is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 145October 2, 2021 12:17 AM

Nah, he deserves it, R145. This was stupid. He's the PM, he should have been at an event, even if it was private/small scale and he should have held off on his vacation.

Roseanne Archibald, Cindy Blackstock, Niigaan Sinclair and others have all made statements against Trudeau's trip to Tofino. It's a slap in the face to many people.

by Anonymousreply 146October 2, 2021 12:26 AM

It’s strange that rich people such as Justin Trudeau and his crotch flashing mother are so trashy yet they have so many brainwashed that they’re superior. If a poor person behaved like this we’d call them white trash.

by Anonymousreply 147October 2, 2021 2:25 AM

The photo in r135 is just shameless. I could never have used that poor dead child's grave for such a cloying photo op.

by Anonymousreply 148October 2, 2021 2:31 AM

He has no soul

by Anonymousreply 149October 2, 2021 2:32 AM

He has a soul. He just lacks character.

by Anonymousreply 150October 2, 2021 2:41 AM

This thread can go on and on and on if it likes. If there was an election next month I would vote Liberal (again). I don't have any fondness for Justin Trudeau who has proven, disappointingly, to be his mother's son. But I can't vote conservative. Old school tory? Maybe. Maybe. But whining Wexiters crying about Alberta supporting the whole country and then turning around and screaming for handouts the minute oil prices drop? Alt-right-y dog-whistling Trumpy jackasses who want this country to be like the worst parts of the United States? Social conservatism in any form? People who want to fuck the healthcare system worse than it already is being fucked? Posturing "Christians' blaming immigrants for their every hurt feeling and stubbed toe? Nah. Nah. Trudeau can pose with all the teddy bears he wants because it's not about who he is, it's about who the other side are.

Conservatives. Not even once.

by Anonymousreply 151October 2, 2021 4:44 AM

Justin has to go. Liberals need to act fast and get rid of him. Canada should not be led by a spoiled, incompetent and weak leader.

by Anonymousreply 152October 2, 2021 6:02 AM

I find the silence really confusing. Saying nothing is worse than whatever he will say in apology.

by Anonymousreply 153October 2, 2021 1:03 PM

Writing his resignation, R153?

by Anonymousreply 154October 2, 2021 2:25 PM

A tiny part of me wondered. But even if he's cornered by this he's too vain to let it be his legacy. He will ride out the storm and pass/implement some legislation - child care - and then go. No one I've heard talking about it thinks he has any intention of trying to run again now, if indeed he ever did. I think very little of him but this act of obvious disrespect and selfishness surprises even me, even for someone like him. I'm kind of amazed his intelligent father could raise such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 155October 2, 2021 2:32 PM

I said in the election thread that unless he's replaced, the 2021 election is the last time I vote Liberal to try and save their stupid asses. I hate the thought of a Conservative government, but I'm comfortable enough that if they formed government, they wouldn't hurt me.

I'm politically homeless. I can't stand Singh, I think he's smarter than Trudeau, but he's a liar and is only trying to appeal to the youth. The NDP won't help me out at all and they've basically turned their backs on middle-class working people. Mr. Singh can fuck right off if he thinks he's going to tax my home if I sell it in retirement to help young people buy a home. I've worked hard and long for what I have and my home is my nest egg. I'm a late Gen Xer and didn't walk into the world where jobs were plenty and easy to find either. I didn't settle into my career until I was 33 and didn't buy my first home until I was 35. Find another way to help the youth but don't take away what I've worked for. I'm doing well now, but I didn't have an easy start either.

I've never voted Conservative in my life and I don't plan to start.

The environment is my major concern, but the Greens are in disarray.

I'll either throw my vote away next time or stay at home if Trudeau is still at the helm of the Liberals.

by Anonymousreply 156October 2, 2021 2:44 PM

I stayed home last time R156 because of Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 157October 2, 2021 3:03 PM

Pfffft! The Trudeau haters are the Trump ass lickers. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 158October 2, 2021 3:26 PM

Nice try, bad lie, little girl.

by Anonymousreply 159October 2, 2021 3:33 PM

Liberal twitter still busy white-splaining to people like Blackstock and Roseanne Archibald why Trudeau went to Tofino. Now it's because it's his father's birthday and the anniversary of his brother's death and the family always goes to Tofino to mark the dates. You know, the rest of us have never had to actually work or fulfill obligations on the anniversaries of the deaths of our family members....JFC.

by Anonymousreply 160October 2, 2021 4:22 PM

🙄🙄🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 2, 2021 4:25 PM

They've even turned on Chantal Hebert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 2, 2021 4:27 PM

He walked on the beach. Big fucking deal.

Half Native with Canadian Metis best friend.

by Anonymousreply 163October 2, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote] Big fucking deal.

You say the same about Blackface, don't you.

by Anonymousreply 164October 2, 2021 11:19 PM

Not to be super brave and controversial but I don't think Trudeau is a racist for that blackface. It's not OK in 2021 and hasnt been for a long time and he's an idiot for it but he's obviously not a racist. that's why no one really gives a fuck about it

by Anonymousreply 165October 2, 2021 11:53 PM

David Akin is NOT buying excuses from Trudeau stans.

Fun trivia - Akin used to be a professional dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 3, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote] Not to be super brave and controversial but I don't think Trudeau is a racist

You many not to be 'super brave and controversial', R165, but you are a Moral Relativist.

by Anonymousreply 167October 3, 2021 1:37 AM

I don’t think Trudeau is a racist but I think he doesn’t consider other people at all and that is a problem. Hes basically like if Zoolander had been raised rich and decided to go into politics. I’m the same age group as him and nobody I know has to be told things like doing blackface aren’t a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 168October 3, 2021 2:22 AM

Yes, Zoolander is a good comparison!

by Anonymousreply 169October 3, 2021 2:34 AM

This paints a picture of a path for redemption and an exit, which is win win in my books. The problem is, looking at his track record, I'm not sure he's bright enough to grasp it or focused enough to get it done.

"If Pierre had not been philosopher king, would Justin have become crown prince? Would Justin have risen if his name were Justin Tardiff? And now, would he be channelling Mr. Pearson in this, likely his last act in politics?

Justin had tried being his father, the strong man and nation builder. It didn’t work. In 1974, after two years in minority championing an economic nationalism supported by David Lewis and the NDP, the Liberals engineered their own defeat in Parliament. The architect, again, was Keith Davey, who would now become the most gifted political strategist of his time. He loved Mr. Trudeau, as had Mr. Pearson.

Justin had no such eminence grise to check his impulses, a carelessness that brought him the Aga Khan, SNC-Lavalin, WE Charity, his ill-attired visit to India and the short, unhappy tenure of Julie Payette.

In 2021, another election, another misjudgment. Mr. Trudeau’s vanity project costs $620-million and ratifies the status quo. He is unapologetic. Resign? As Jason Kenney knows, that’s so 1960s.

-

How? Embrace intercity high-speed rail, a national electricity grid and affordable housing, and make them national projects. Deliver clean drinking water on reserves. Build a national portrait gallery and a national science museum. Address income inequality and the rural-urban divide. Oppose more decentralization. Drop the virtue signalling and hand-wringing. Hire a speech writer and offer a vision beyond sound bites and slogans.

Hell, if Mr. Trudeau is serious, let him use his authority as the most senior leader of the Group of Seven to lead an escalated global effort on the climate emergency. And let him find the resources to recommit Canada to the world, where we have become the gentle giant of gesture."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 3, 2021 1:14 PM

Poor Domo LeBlanc is on Rosemary's show explaining his boss's actions. It's been days and still no statement from JT.

by Anonymousreply 171October 3, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote] …Trudeau … vanity …

Yes, R170, those two words belong together.

by Anonymousreply 172October 3, 2021 9:50 PM

Excellent article R170.

[quote]Embrace intercity high-speed rail, a national electricity grid and affordable housing, and make them national projects. Deliver clean drinking water on reserves. Build a national portrait gallery and a national science museum. Address income inequality and the rural-urban divide. Oppose more decentralization. Drop the virtue signalling and hand-wringing. Hire a speech writer and offer a vision beyond sound bites and slogans.

This is spot on. I currently vote Liberal entirely by default. I would vote for them enthusiastically if this was what they would do.

by Anonymousreply 173October 3, 2021 9:53 PM

This guy is a Conservative staffer.

Not to be rude, but what's wrong with his face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 3, 2021 11:48 PM

And now the apology...lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 4, 2021 1:06 AM

Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 6, 2021 3:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 6, 2021 6:21 AM

Canada has no foreign policy. That's not only La Chignon's doing but we need a leader with a strategy for this country, domestically and internationally.

by Anonymousreply 178October 6, 2021 1:46 PM

Today he's conceded it was a "mistake" and he "regrets" it.

So, done and dusted and now back to virtue via haiku!

by Anonymousreply 179October 6, 2021 4:45 PM

I’m glad that old hag Deb Schulte got voted out.

by Anonymousreply 180October 20, 2021 2:48 AM

He's hot and every mistake is forgiven.

Ugly, fat people like OP wouldn't understand this type of privilege though.

by Anonymousreply 181October 20, 2021 3:00 AM

He has a lisp and a big nose like a boil that needs lancing. He is not hot.

by Anonymousreply 182October 20, 2021 3:07 AM

I hope he dies the day after Trump

by Anonymousreply 183October 20, 2021 4:31 AM

No one bought his apology and he got shredded at Kamloops the other day.

by Anonymousreply 184October 20, 2021 4:36 AM

[quote] He's hot

He's as hot and self-obsessed as Derek Zoolander.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 20, 2021 4:38 AM

Vapid star fucker. Just look at his Cabinet (Seamus O Regan, Marci Ien).

by Anonymousreply 186October 20, 2021 4:45 AM

Why is Cabinet taking so long?

by Anonymousreply 187October 20, 2021 4:56 AM

R187 No idea. It's been more than a month since the election and we still have no idea when the Throne Speech is going to be. And now Trudeau has sent the Governor General off on a state visit to Germany and then likely a visit to London to meet the Queen so she likely won't be back until at least next week. It kind of feels like Trudeau has just run out of fucks to give and is coasting probably because he know this is his last term.

by Anonymousreply 188October 20, 2021 6:07 AM

Maybe he will announce a flounce at Christmas. The Aga Khan's beach is far preferable to Ottawa, Jan. through March, but he can't really do that without a shitfest in the media.

by Anonymousreply 189October 20, 2021 12:25 PM

They better be blowing the cabinet up.

by Anonymousreply 190October 20, 2021 4:11 PM

The Cabinet list has leaked online.

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2021 6:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!