Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What the everloving fuck?

These gay guys slaughtered some guy to fulfill some kind of sex-murder fantasy. And while they were on the run, they made a charitable donation in the victim's name to a LGBT health and social services provider.

I long for the return of the death penalty for shit like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2021 5:23 AM

What happened? OP didn’t explain.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2021 9:19 PM

DL covered this when it happened 5 years ago. And now after all these years there will finally be a trial? What took so long?

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2021 9:22 PM

This was four years ago. I’m surprised you hadn’t already heard of this heinous crime.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2021 9:24 PM

Homophobic troll thread and shithead OP. F&F into a grease fire.

The murderers are referred to a "gay guys," And the death penalty for them is called for in a personal way.

Transparent.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2021 9:26 PM

It’s like a Dennis Cooper book come to life

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2021 9:26 PM

Thanks for the informative and searchable title and subject, OP. It's almost as if you don't want people to find this thread so you can start 10 more just like it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2021 9:29 PM

r 4, back to your disgusting trump cock sucking.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2021 10:19 PM

OP, only troglodytes support the death penalty. If you love it so much, move to Iran or Afghanistan

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2021 10:29 PM

naw, bitch. you move. i'm cool with capital punishment for capital crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2021 10:30 PM

The longer I read on, the worse the story got -

“Wyndham Lathem”…

The defendant wants to testify…

The victim was only 26…

“Lathem’s attorneys have portrayed him as nothing short of a genius”

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2021 10:36 PM

I wonder if Robert Wone’s murder was driven by something like this, but the conspirators didn’t turn on each other.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2021 10:37 PM

His eyes...::GULP::

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2021 10:38 PM

R9, so we should only execute the killers who make you personally angry? Thanks for showing why pro death penalty conservatives are so dumb. Move to Iran, we won't miss you. One less conservative.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Is anyone hot in this story?

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2021 10:41 PM

Fuck off, r 13. You want people who murder gays to get what? Fucking vacations? Fuck off you homophobic trump loving piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2021 10:42 PM

OP get your meds refilled, soon.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2021 10:55 PM

burn a cross r 16

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2021 11:04 PM

Convicted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2021 11:44 PM

Here's the victim Trenton, R14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2021 11:53 PM

The victim and the murderers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2021 11:54 PM

Wait, wait. I don't understand. R20 is the victim the young guy in the photo, and those two gross looking old dudes are the murderers? Why was the victim with them? Did he know them? Surely, he wasn't attracted to either of these guys????

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2021 12:36 AM

R21 the young guy was the boyfriend of one of the older guys.

His boyfriend actually killed him in some sort of sex fetish thing, with the other old guy.

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2021 1:13 AM

R18 jury took less than two hours to convict? Kind of surprised they took that long, I've heard of open and shut cases where they were back in under two minutes.

Co-offender got 45 years, and he testified, so I doubt this piece of shit will get any less, likely he'll die in prison. Thats an acceptable compromise to me

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2021 1:22 AM

Meth is a terrible drug, gurls.

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2021 6:07 AM

Thou shalt not kill. Applies to the death penalty too. I propose hard labor every day for life.

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2021 6:26 AM

I used to think most guys were like this killer; I've tried avoiding being killed by taking things to an extreme.

I'm alive (duh) but of course playing it this safe has come at a price.

I'm alone.

by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2021 6:41 AM

I forgot all about this craziness

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2021 7:17 AM

From the OP:

[quote]The victim, 26-year-old Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, was stabbed more than 70 times and was nearly decapitated

[quote]Lathem and Warren had chatted online for months about their shared fantasy of killing other people and themselves.

[quote]In late July 2017, Lathem paid for Warren to fly to Chicago, and the two came up with a plan to slay victims of Lathem’s choosing. Both men then planned to then kill each other simultaneously — Warren shooting Lathem while Lathem stabbed Warren.

[quote]Lathem lured Cornell-Duranleau to his apartment in the 500 block of North State Street and texted Warren that they would kill him that night.

[quote]Warren came over about 4:30 a.m. the next day after Cornell-Duranleau had fallen asleep in Lathem’s apartment. Lathem showed Warren a 6-inch drywall knife saw and gave him a cellphone with instructions to record video of Lathem fatally stabbing Cornell-Duranleau.

[quote]As Warren stood in the doorway to the bedroom with his cellphone in hand, Lathem stabbed the sleeping Cornell-Duranleau repeatedly. Lathem cried to Warren for help, so Warren walked in, put his hands over the victim’s mouth and then hit him in the head with a heavy metal lamp.

[quote]As Cornell-Duranleau bled to death in the bedroom, his attackers showered and then tried to clean up the scene, prosecutors said.

[quote]While they were on the run, the men made two charitable donations in Cornell-Duranleau’s name, prosecutors said: $5,610 to the Howard Brown Health Center, an LGBT health and social services provider, and $1,000 to a public library in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

[quote]At the library, Lathem called the front desk of his apartment building and left an anonymous tip: Someone should check the apartment because a crime had been committed in that room.

From the link below:

[quote]In opening statements Monday, Lathem’s defense attorneys acknowledged that Lathem and Cornell-Duranleau’s relationship included knife play, and said the two would get high on meth to heighten their sexual pleasure.

[...]

A bag of “crystal-like” substance, straws, syringes and a napkin with the words “Candy 4 Andy” were recovered from Lathem’s apartment, said Sergio Glowacki, a police evidence technician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2021 12:19 AM

He was found guilty but I'm still not clear on what happened.

From the link below:

[quote]On Tuesday, Lathem testified that Warren alone stabbed Cornell-Duranleau during what started as a mathemphatime-fueled sexual encounter involving the three men.

What happened to the murder-suicide pact? Or was that a lie too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]during what started as a mathemphatime-fueled

math-empha-time?

Apparently copy editors no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2021 1:48 AM

He was a STEM guy, R30, he would get high on this.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2021 1:52 AM

R21 Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2021 2:25 AM

Oh, academic from Northwestern.

Got it.

Move along, folks. Nothing unusual to see here.

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2021 2:33 AM

I don't see the issue, except not getting to the main event sooner.

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2021 2:35 AM

He was an immunologist -- one of the DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS!! Everyone knows doctors and scientists are all virtuous wonderful people who just want to unselfishly heal the world. He must've been framed.

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2021 3:32 AM

Age Inappropriate Relationships can be tricky. Too bad Old Timer had to find out...He would still be alive if he "dated" guys his own age.

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2021 3:39 AM

So the murderers were two socially inept unattractive white dudes with good jobs who had a fucked up fantasy of killing, made the fantasy a realty, and ended up hating it during and after the act? Then felt guilty for the victim and made a donation to try to make up for it while on the run? Left the body in apartment to incriminate them. Had a murder-suicide pact but couldn't live up to it? I wonder what caused this level of illogical behavior? I bet one of these guys was either more into it than the other, or maybe one of them was just pretending and assumed the other was also just playing and wouldn't go through with it, or maybe one was a psycho just trying to control the other who was mentally unstable and submissive?

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2021 3:42 AM

When you are CALLING YOUR MOMMY after killing someone---you really are the Ultimate Mommys Boy....I won't even call my mother at Christmas---I sure don't care to share my Murder Accomplishments with her....What is she going to do, tell me how proud she is? That she knew I would be a killer if I put my mind to it?

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2021 3:51 AM

R32 He’s no Cory Fenn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2021 5:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!