Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 31

As per usual, the other thread is already paywalled but only half full.

Oh, well.

Lets try this again...

So when will Phil Rucker be putting up his Halloween decorations?? Get with the program, Phil.

We're all anxiously awaiting your Fall flair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 20, 2021 12:49 PM

Here's a link to Part 30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2021 10:10 AM

I like Phil Rucker, At first I was surprised they even put him on TV. Not a Ken Doll and pretty much screams gay without trying or camping it up. I think his reporting has really proved his worth and I hope in the future they consider more non stereotypical gay TV anchors who are as professional and talented as he is without making a spectacle of himself.

Unlike that drag queen Joy something.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2021 10:59 AM

MSNBC contributor Katty Kay Resigns as Ozy Media Exec Producer Following NY Times Exposé only four months after quitting BBC to join Ozy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2021 12:30 PM

MSNBC should throw Katty Kay a bone, R3.

She's a good journalist, and she's been a good contributor to the network.

Surely, they must have something for her?

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2021 3:51 PM

WHET the ruggedly good-looking Mikey Kay? Are he and Katty related?

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2021 8:16 PM

He moved from NYC to Paris

[quote] I'm a Welshman based in Paris, having spent six years working out of New York City. I specialize in multi-media journalism and filmmaking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2021 8:39 PM

Back as an MSNBC thread regular following an unexplained week+ of no posting privileges. Can I be the only one? Part 30 did seem a bit slow during that period.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2021 9:32 PM

Any other YouTube TV subscribers waiting for the axe to fall on MSNBC et al., at midnight tonight?

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2021 9:33 PM

Mikey Kay has amazing thighs, I would love to bury my face in between them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2021 9:45 PM

I'm glad that Matthew Dowd is running for Texas Lieutenant Governor. I'm not shocked as for the last year he's been all over MSNBC and CNN. I think him being a former repub could help his chances pulling in moderate voters which are needed. He also promised to keep blasting Dan Patrick lol

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote] Any other YouTube TV subscribers waiting for the axe to fall on MSNBC et al., at midnight tonight?

What's happening, R8?

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2021 11:39 PM

I'm not R8 but this will explain it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2021 11:44 PM

Thanks so much, R6!

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2021 11:57 PM

Rachel is back at her 30 Rock studio.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2021 1:06 AM

Someone in the Part 30 thread wrote that Rachel looks like a "tart." Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2021 1:07 AM

They have GLAMMED her up.

New eyebrows, blush, eye shadow!

That have GLAMMED up our little gray PhD.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2021 1:09 AM

Rachel as a lip stick lesbian, well I have never.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2021 1:12 AM

R16

Girlfriend looks good!

Wear it home to Susan!

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2021 1:13 AM

Rachel can do glam.

Don't get it twisted!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2021 1:31 AM

Sounds like Rachel is taking Friday off, when she was saying goodbye she said "I'll see you, ah, ah, whenever"

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2021 2:10 AM

I love seeing more of cute Robert Costa back on MSNBC now that his book has come out.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote] Rachel can do glam

I think she's actually prettier with age. Glam works for her. all but the rouge.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2021 3:50 AM

Dl's favorite twink Vaigh Hillyard got promoted and just NYC. New Yorkers, be on the lookout.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2021 3:52 AM

Yes, Vaughn has been promoted to NBC News correspondent, but it sounds as if he'll be focusing largely on streaming content for NBC News Now. I'm guessing that means we'll see less of him on MSNBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2021 4:09 AM

Media companies take a page from Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote] Yes, Vaughn has been promoted to NBC News correspondent

Who do I have to fuck to get a promotion around here???

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2021 4:33 AM

R26 Not Corey Lewandowski.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2021 4:48 AM

Rachel is not back in the studio. Still the same static background.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2021 5:45 AM

R28 Nope, it was a slightly different background.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2021 5:54 AM

If she were back in the studio, they would be showing it.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2021 5:59 AM

NewsTwink Vaughn Hillyard is gonna take New York City!

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2021 6:07 AM

Vaughn has been pretty much doing a report almost every night on the NBC Evening News for the past several weeks.

It was pretty much given that you'd see him about as frequently as Morgan Chesky, Tom Llamas, Andrea Mitchell, Sam Brock and Gabe Gutierrez.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2021 10:38 AM

[quote] Vaughn has been pretty much doing a report almost every night on the NBC Evening News for the past several weeks.

Could he become the first TWINK in history, to ever anchor the NBC Nightly News?

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2021 1:16 PM

Does Morgan Chesty.....er....Chesky.....even want to sit behind a desk and wear a neck tie?

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2021 1:25 PM

Morgan doesn't get promoted, because Morgan doesn't put out.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] Who do I have to fuck to get a promotion around here???—Morgan Chesky

ME, ME, ME, Morgan. I will do everything I can to get you a promotion. Of course I have no power but what can you lose.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2021 4:18 PM

That 💩 Jake Sherman is being skewered on twitter.

Seems congress leaks to him, so he can write the negative narrative.

Knew that 💩 was a rat.

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2021 5:48 PM

Why is the thread greyed out AGAIN ? Who the hell is FF the thread ?

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2021 6:23 PM

Why is the thread greyed out AGAIN ? Who the hell is FF the thread ?

A) Some jealous bitch.

B) Someone who works for CNN

C) Someone who works for FOX

D) Someone who wants attention for their own Rachel Maddow thread

E) All of the above

Whatever the case, it's someone very petty and very pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2021 8:06 PM

R38, some smart DLer explained to me that thread titles show as greyed out depending on each reader's settings. Mine are for "asbestos eyeballs" and this thread title is not greyed out. But if I change my settings to "delicate flower" or halfway in between "delicate" and "asbestos", then this thread title is greyed out. As to how/why it became greyed out in the first place, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2021 8:28 PM

Vaughn is 30 years old… he’s not going to be “twink” material much longer.

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2021 8:43 PM

Nicolle’s make-up artist is tweeting!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2021 10:00 PM

NBC's Lester Holt just referred to the Democratic Party as "The Dems" does Lester watch Fox News? That is mighty unprofessional of him unless he starts calling the GOP the "The GQP".

by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2021 10:36 PM

Lester is a Republican

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2021 11:04 PM

What difference does it make if OP is greyed out? (It isn't for me anyway.) I never understand why anyone cares. It isn't like the thread disappears.

by Anonymousreply 45October 1, 2021 11:42 PM

Yeah, if you're disturbed by greyed out OPs, change your fucking setting to ASBESTOS EYEBALLS and continue here with the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2021 11:47 PM

Time to start naming and shaming those so-called mainstream journalists already appeasing donald II. Let's start with Jake Sherman.

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2021 2:54 AM

Jake Sherman is a fucking loser chasing a story anyway he can get a scoop. Negative about DEMS 💩

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2021 9:09 AM

R48 He favors unbuttoned shirts revealing his furry chest. Love to have him squirming on my engorged member.

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2021 10:17 AM

Oh I thought greyed out threads ended being closed or paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2021 10:41 AM

Here's our boy Jacob Soboroff shirtless...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2021 11:55 AM

R51 - Here's one from when he was younger . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2021 2:10 PM

Jacob Soboroff is so hot.

I'll bet he rides dick like a champ!

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2021 4:15 PM

Do you people line up outside the White House Correspondents Dinner to ogle the nerds?

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2021 4:23 PM

I wish the media including MSNBC would understand that the public is not "riveted" by the palace intrigue of the "breaking news! Meeting #37 on reconciliation bill". People just want the fucking bills passed. The "will they, won't they" is not entertainment. It's maddening and has made me turn off those segments the past several days.

by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2021 5:00 PM

R55: The media frenzy reminds me of ambulances lined up and awaiting a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2021 5:20 PM

R53

Jacob is married to a lady with 2 kids!

by Anonymousreply 57October 2, 2021 7:35 PM

r43, Brian Williams says the same thing, too.

by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2021 7:46 PM

r54, I am waiting for them to bring back Michelle Wolf to do her Tribute to Abortion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 2, 2021 8:02 PM

The producers on Brian's show were really shameful last night. I had come in for the night and decided to check the news. I put on Brian's show towards the end and the chyron read "BREAKING NEWS: 1 Year Ago Trump Tested Positive For Covid"

WTF kind of "breaking news" chyron is that? Breaking news about a piece of news from a year ago? I get that it was a Friday night and they were probably desperate to do something to boost ratings but damn that was pathetic. It's not exclusive to MSNBC but inetworks these days really abuse the "breaking news" headline.

by Anonymousreply 60October 2, 2021 8:17 PM

They say “Breaking News: Day 112 of Biden Administration “

by Anonymousreply 61October 2, 2021 8:19 PM

I saw Kasey on the morning CNN show with Brianna Keiler. She and the female reporter she's being paired with both had on the same printed tops they were wearing the day they were introduced to the CNN audience last month with great fanfare. Her partner did most of the talking, while Kasey basically grimaced the entire time. Kasie tried to make a point, the other reporter talked over her. It was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. And her new hair just looked sad. She must be rethinking the move.

by Anonymousreply 62October 2, 2021 9:34 PM

^^ Kasey == Kasie Hunt.

by Anonymousreply 63October 2, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote] She must be rethinking the move.

Until payday, then she stops rethinking.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote] They say “Breaking News: Day 112 of Biden Administration “

The real irony of the Brian Williams Chyron "Breaking News: Day whatever of Biden Administration" is that 23 hours of that day have already passed.

by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2021 2:24 PM

On my digital cable program listing, Ayman's show is entitled with one word: "Ayman."

I love that.

by Anonymousreply 66October 3, 2021 4:35 PM

Ayman has been rebranded.

by Anonymousreply 67October 3, 2021 5:19 PM

Is the name of the show "Ayman" supposed to be a play on the word "Amen?"

by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2021 5:23 PM

No, Rose, it's a play on the gay West Hollywood clothier.

by Anonymousreply 69October 3, 2021 6:45 PM

R68 I know ethnically he's got Egyptian-Palestinian roots - but I've wondered if his last name is derived from the Hebrew "mohel" - and whether he's circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 70October 3, 2021 8:12 PM

R70 assuming he's Muslim, then yes he should be circumcised. Jewish and Muslim men are supposed to be

by Anonymousreply 71October 3, 2021 8:34 PM

Ayman (Arabic: أيمن‎, also spelled as Aiman, Aimen, Aymen, or Eymen in the Latin alphabet) is an Arabic masculine given name. It is derived from the Arabic Semitic root (ي م ن) for right, and literally means righteous, he who is on the right, right-handed, blessed or lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 3, 2021 11:08 PM

Mohy al-Din (Arabic: محي الدین‎) is a male Muslim name composed of the elements Muhyi, meaning "reviver", and ad-Din, meaning "of the faith"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 3, 2021 11:11 PM

Is Rachel on fire?

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2021 6:38 PM

Not yet?

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2021 7:31 PM

Ali is in for Rach tonight!

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2021 10:03 PM

What, is she burning off sick days before the new contract kicks in?

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2021 10:52 PM

[quote]Ayman has been rebranded.

Tighter pants, open collar shirt, standing so you can see his whole body profile. Smiles, smiles, smiles a lot more. I like the new logo. Not complaining.

To be honest, I like the new format. It sees like he is taking a cue from the last guy who had that spot interjecting a little bit more of his personality instead of the robotic straight news reading he was expected to do before.

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2021 11:00 PM

Ayman's new show is the exact same format as Joshua's was.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2021 11:09 PM

I've also noticed that Ayman is getting better grooming, makeup and wardrobe, which is nice.

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2021 11:12 PM

Yeah, but I like Joshua's format. It worked for him and a lot of others. I think letting people know a little more about the presenter is a good thing. It's interesting to watch. And to be honest, tired of only seeing conservative Repugs doing that all day long on Fox.

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2021 11:12 PM

Ayman needs to undo one more button so we can see a little bit more of that Persian carpet.

What's wrong with having a sexy dressed guy on TV for a change? Faux News has blond bimbos in tight skirts all the time and it brings their ratings up. None of them wear business suites anymore. Why do the guys always have to be the conservative dressed ones? Oh right, woman can dress however they want, but if a man dose it then it's unprofessional 🙄

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote] Ayman needs to undo one more button so we can see a little bit more of that Persian carpet.

I don't think he's Persian.

If I'm not mistaken, his family is Palestinian.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2021 11:35 PM

Ayman needs a better body if he's going to show more skin lol

Joshua had the body for that

by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2021 11:41 PM

Joshua had a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2021 11:47 PM

R82: WTF are you going on about? MSNBC has higher standards than Fox; very few of the former's women hosts ignore a professional dress code. Women are not free to "dress however they want."

I hope suits for men remain the professional workplace norm, while women adhere to suits and dresses. Pride in appearance is a virtue; lazy comfort, not so.

P.S. Kudos to Joy Reid for an almost perfect, polished look this evening.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote] P.S. Kudos to Joy Reid for an almost perfect, polished look this evening.

Whoever said that someone at MSNBC is taking advice from Datalounge, must be telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2021 11:58 PM

R87 Hopefully Rachel does a wig reveal.

by Anonymousreply 88October 5, 2021 12:31 AM

Ayman's married to fashion model Kenza Fourati.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 5, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote]If I'm not mistaken, his family is Palestinian.

It was a joke Rose.

by Anonymousreply 90October 5, 2021 4:30 AM

When Rachel said "See you whenever" last week I knew something was up. WTF ?

by Anonymousreply 91October 5, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote]Joshua had the body for that

[quote]Joshua had a face for radio.

LOL True, and True

by Anonymousreply 92October 5, 2021 4:33 AM

something's going on with Rachel clearly. I don't buy that she simply has so much unused vacation time. Sure she doesn't take off nearly as many Fridays as Lawrence does but she's been off more and more over the last several months. I was shocked that they had Fiona Hill pushing her book on tonight's show without Rachel. Rachel was quite a fan of Hill during Trump's first impeachment. I'm sure Hill was pissed that Velshi was guest hosting because guest hosts always get lower ratings than the usual host unless there's some crazy breaking story happening and tonight was calm

by Anonymousreply 93October 5, 2021 5:16 AM

Phil on the 11th Hour tonight looking decidedly less full of face. Almost takes some getting used to. Hope he doesn't go to extremes.

by Anonymousreply 94October 5, 2021 7:12 AM

[quote] When Rachel said "See you whenever" last week I knew something was up. WTF ?

Maybe she's feeling guilty about making $30,000,000 more than her co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 95October 5, 2021 9:03 AM

"Maybe she's feeling guilty about making $30,000,000 more than her co-workers."

Doubtful considering Rachel is a smart woman and must have at least a basic understanding of how the TV industry works.

by Anonymousreply 96October 5, 2021 12:03 PM

Forget Phil’s face R94. Did he put a fucking pumpkin on that table yet?

by Anonymousreply 97October 5, 2021 12:39 PM

Who is this Jose Diaz-Balart at 10 am and where did he come from? Where did Haley Jackson go? Why wasn't Haley replaced with someone we already knew??

by Anonymousreply 98October 5, 2021 2:01 PM

Jose has been around a long time. He has hosted the NBC national news on Saturday evenings for years. He's good. Also, Halley is now on right before Deadline:Whitehouse in the afternoons every weekday.

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2021 2:10 PM

I’ve mentioned before my usual tolerance for Jose Diaz-Balart is less than 5 minutes. Today it was 2 minutes.

Does he only invite Latin guests? The way he (over)pronounces their names drives me nuts. It’s one thing if they happen organically, but it’s like he went out of his way to interview “Senator Alex PaahDEEEEEya” and have “Gabe GootieAIRez” on yo report.

They should just already green light him to report completely in Spanish and make the virtue signal complete.

by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2021 2:25 PM

Jose is hot. Not Chris Hayes hot. Jose lacks the muscles and big chest that Chris has.

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2021 2:36 PM

Jose’s oblong head and dong-y nose makes him look like a Cuban Qbert. A Cu-Bert, if you will.

He probably has a choad for a dick, thick but short, and pumps out cum the consistency of chunky Cream-of-Wheat because he only has one testicle.

by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote]it’s like he went out of his way to interview “Senator Alex PaahDEEEEEya” and have “Gabe GootieAIRez”

When I see Jose doing the NBC Evening News, he trills the "r" in Gutierrez's name so heavily, it comes across like self-parody.

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2021 3:22 PM

“Trills”!

Thank you R103, I couldn’t think of that word earlier. And you summed up the point I was trying to make perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 104October 5, 2021 3:29 PM

Back in the 80s when LA Law was a hit show, Jimmy Smits hosted SNL. This was the era of Dana Carvey and Phil Hartman.

They did a sketch where a conference room full of people order lunch from a Mexican restaurant. All of the whiteys over-pronounce all of the food items ("burrrrrrriiiiiiiiiito!" "chimmi-CHONG-ga!" and "Meh-hee-co!") and Jimmy looks on with astonishment as he pronounces the items like a normal person.

I always think of that sketch when I hear Latinx folks do that pronunciation thing on TV.

by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2021 5:51 PM

OMG I found it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote] something's going on with Rachel clearly.

Clearly not, Rachel telegraphed that she was taking some time off when she said goodbye Thursday night with "See you ah, ah, whenever" You can't read that much into someone taking a few days off, with mamy business you take it or you lose it.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2021 8:36 PM

Rachel can leave if she wants to leave.

She won't be missed.

Rachel Maddow is not the only television news show anchor in the world.

There are others who are more than willing to take her place, and they will do it with MUCH more APPRECIATION and gratitude for the job.

by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2021 9:10 PM

Rachel makes the OPAQUE, TRANSPARENT!

by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]Kudos to Joy Reid for an almost perfect, polished look this evening.

Well, that lasted all of one hour last night. She was back to her to playground casual look today, albeit with full evening makeup.

SMH.

by Anonymousreply 110October 6, 2021 12:13 AM

R53, from what I hear, he's straight, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 111October 6, 2021 3:42 AM

[quote] Forget Phil’s face [R94]. Did he put a fucking pumpkin on that table yet?

The entire dining area was strung with those fake cobwebs and other crass shit. Didn't see a pumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 112October 6, 2021 8:27 AM

R104 Worse is when they feel the need to trot out their pseudo Castilian. "Jennifer LOpeTH was detained in EEbeeTHa".

by Anonymousreply 113October 6, 2021 8:36 AM

[quote]The entire dining area was strung with those fake cobwebs and other crass shit. Didn't see a pumpkin.

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 114October 6, 2021 2:21 PM

Oh, Phil!

You know better than to put cobwebs in your living room.

Where are the decorative Fall flowers? The pumpkins? The cornucopia?

We're so disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 115October 6, 2021 3:06 PM

R112 Not buying it. Phil was in the studio on the studio on the 11th hour. His Fall/Halloween decor is yet to be verified.

by Anonymousreply 116October 6, 2021 10:30 PM

MSNBC President: “No Immediate Rush” to Find Rachel Maddow Primetime Successor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 6, 2021 10:38 PM

I'm guessing that when Rachel leaves her nightly gig we will see weeks, if not months, of various subs (some familiar, some perhaps not) who will essentially be auditioning for the permanent post.

Why can't they just give the slot to Brian Williams? Do we think he may not want it? I wonder if he might fear being compared to Rachel or hesitant should his ratings not match hers?

by Anonymousreply 118October 6, 2021 11:11 PM

I'm a big fan of Joy's but I really wish she would find a wig she likes and stick with it. At least, for a few months. These weekly changes seem very frivolous for a news caster. She looks great tonight.

by Anonymousreply 119October 6, 2021 11:40 PM

Rachel is talking about her neck mole.

by Anonymousreply 120October 7, 2021 1:03 AM

Rachel is back and had skin cancer.

by Anonymousreply 121October 7, 2021 1:03 AM

Rachel is on fire with skin cancer.

by Anonymousreply 122October 7, 2021 1:04 AM

I think I figured out why Chris and Rachel don't have the longer style hand off that Lawrence and Rachel do. Rachel's show is repeated at midnight followed by a repeat of Lawrence, followed by a repeat of Brian Williams and then another repeat of Rachel at 4AM eastern time. Chris's show is not repeated after midnight. So a longer hand off would eat into her show, it would be weird to have Chris handing off to Rachel when his show doesn't show over night and not showing the hand off would make her show start later, so they have to keep it short.

by Anonymousreply 123October 7, 2021 1:10 AM

Rachel clearly isn't going to turn to the right and let us see the band-aid.

by Anonymousreply 124October 7, 2021 1:20 AM

R117 I love that photo of Rachel. I can see her as an attractive 80 year old woman. I know she was raised and professes to be Catholic, but I think her bio says she has some Jewish ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 125October 7, 2021 1:46 AM

R107 stands corrected. There WAS something going on with Rachel. Thank goodness it's been taken care of now

by Anonymousreply 126October 7, 2021 1:53 AM

R123 That's plausible. Lawrence never seems to hand-off to Brian in person - is the 11th Hour actually recorded earlier?

by Anonymousreply 127October 7, 2021 2:21 AM

I was afraid Rachel was going to anounce something worse. Good thing she caught it early.

by Anonymousreply 128October 7, 2021 10:53 AM

There's a Brian Williams Superfan on these threads who either doesn't remember or doesn't want other people to remember that Brian was fired from his NBC Nightly News gig for being a habitual liar. He lied, lied, and lied some more and finally got caught and fired. Since he's still under a mega-bucks contract, NBC put him on their little-watched cable network in a little-watched late night slot.

He will never be prime time again. The competition would ROAST NBC if they promoted him. You can stop advocating for this liar and move on to some other obsession.

Stop trying to make Brian WIlliams happen.

by Anonymousreply 129October 7, 2021 11:59 AM

[quote]Brian was fired from his NBC Nightly News gig for being a habitual liar. He lied, lied, and lied some more and finally got caught and fired.

R129 - I thought Williams was fired for lying about one thing repeatedly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 7, 2021 12:55 PM

Maddow time!

by Anonymousreply 131October 8, 2021 1:08 AM

I hope she gets over her bandage because it looks like she is cheating her left side and giving America the SIDE EYE.

by Anonymousreply 132October 8, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote] He will never be prime time again.

Don’t be so sure about that. CNN brought Jeff Toobin back as a legal commentator after he was caught waving his dick around on a Zoom call.

by Anonymousreply 133October 8, 2021 3:26 AM

[quote] Stop trying to make Brian WIlliams happen.

I think MS/NBC should nab John Dickerson. CBS certainly has wasted his talents, punting him around every conceivable news division position. He's now relegated to the most geriatric of shows, CBS Sunday Morning (which I have actually started to watch regularly). Can't figure out what the problem is, he's so smart.

by Anonymousreply 134October 8, 2021 7:08 AM

The Reverend Dickerson? The one that married Mr. and Mrs Ben Domenech?

Pass.

by Anonymousreply 135October 8, 2021 7:15 AM

R135 Wow, that's ridiculous. I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 136October 8, 2021 7:25 AM

They flew him in to that obscene McCain ranch in AZ.

by Anonymousreply 137October 8, 2021 1:13 PM

Give Garrett Haake Rachel's TRMS 9:00 spot next year (as a stopover on his way to NBC Nightly News), and put Chris Jansing in the 11th Hour anchor seat. Brian Williams can preside over lunch recess; bye, Andrea.

Watch this space.

by Anonymousreply 138October 8, 2021 8:29 PM

Jeremy Bash has been on Deadline White House and in studio for the whole show to this point for an hour and twenty minutes and is acting like a co-host, asking guests questions and sitting at the table with Nicolle. I have to say they are pretty good together, I wouldn't mind him co-hosting or him getting his own show. They could give him a show at the same time as his ex-wife at CNN and let the Bash's bash it out.

by Anonymousreply 139October 8, 2021 9:25 PM

How about Brian Williams at 8 p.m., Nicolle Wallace at 9 p.m., and Ayman Mohyeldin at 10 p.m.? It's time for Lawrence to retire, and they could move Chris Hayes to 6 or 7 p.m. (which might also mean moving Joy Reid or Ari Melber to a new slot). Yes, I know: It would make prime time less opinionated and less blatantly liberal, Nicolle doesn't want to anchor in the evenings, and Chris Hayes would probably quit rather than take an earlier slot. But if/when Rachel stops doing her nightly gig, it would be a good time for MSNBC to re-evaluate its whole prime time lineup, which has started to get a little stale.

by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2021 10:29 PM

Lt Gov Mark Johnson recently said homosexuals are filth. How much you want to bet this never makes to the top of the list on any of the MSNBC shows today? Black lives matter runs for weeks but gays? Maybe a mention at the end of a show.

Hey Ari Melber, AKA. Rapper / Promoter, how about you stop kissing up to a homophobic industry and call out this black politician for a change? Afraid to lose your followers? Yeah, I thought so.

by Anonymousreply 141October 8, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote] Give Garrett Haake Rachel's TRMS 9:00 spot next year (as a stopover on his way to NBC Nightly News)

I agree that Garrett is a rising star who might end up anchoring Nightly News one day. But a prime-time show on MSNBC probably isn't the path to Nightly News because it would brand Garrett as too liberal and not objective, even if his MSNBC show tried to be more hard news oriented. If NBC wants to groom Garrett for the Nightly News spot, a more likely path would be to have him anchor Nightly News on the weekends or sub on the Today Show or even Meet the Press.

by Anonymousreply 142October 8, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote]and they could move Chris Hayes to 6 or 7 p.m.

Move this loser to weekends or 2 AM.

by Anonymousreply 143October 8, 2021 10:42 PM

Which drag outfit and corresponding wig will Joy Reid be wearing today?

by Anonymousreply 144October 8, 2021 11:22 PM

What happened to Joy’s braids???

by Anonymousreply 145October 8, 2021 11:32 PM

Joy looks great tonight! Makeup, wardrobe, hair (well, wig) all perfection.

by Anonymousreply 146October 8, 2021 11:38 PM

[quote] I agree that Garrett is a rising star who might end up anchoring Nightly News one day

That job is MINE, bitch.

I haven't been sucking my way through the network execs, for nothing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 8, 2021 11:45 PM

Garrett, and everyone else, would all be apparently standing behind Tom Llamas to get the network anchor gig.

by Anonymousreply 148October 8, 2021 11:59 PM

Arguably, NBC's crown jewel is "Meet the Press;" which of our (rising) stars do you see inheriting that throne once Chuck Todd is banished to Phox? (Put your hand down, Andrea, my money's on Lester Holt ...reluctantly.)

As R142 stated above, being associated with MSNBC and its liberal platform could prove difficult for our current crop of network aspirants, but that needn't be a total liability.

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2021 1:03 AM

Maddow is fiesty tonight.

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2021 1:40 AM

Well, r150, it's fiesta time.

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2021 3:44 AM

It's High Noon here in the East...

by Anonymousreply 152October 10, 2021 4:00 PM

Ari is off alot now too & Jason Johnson fills in too much for MSNBC to not think of hiring him.

by Anonymousreply 153October 10, 2021 7:48 PM

Lol R152.

Does Alex Witt think she's broadcasting from the O.K. Corral?

by Anonymousreply 154October 10, 2021 10:51 PM

Ari Melber seems to have kept his personal life totally on the down low.

by Anonymousreply 155October 11, 2021 9:54 AM

R155

Ari was married to a crazy girl for a few years & they got divorced.

He dated Alexandria Daddario for a few months, but they were super sketchy about going public.

by Anonymousreply 156October 11, 2021 4:15 PM

I can picture Ari getting not-surprise anal from any number of rappers, and you know he has an ass you could cornrow.

by Anonymousreply 157October 11, 2021 11:54 PM

I love Joy more as each week passes.

by Anonymousreply 158October 11, 2021 11:55 PM

For those who missed WTE, in honor of the Boston Marathon, a supposedly viewer supplied photo of Lemire running track at Central Catholic High. He referenced his youthful quads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 12, 2021 12:01 AM

Maddow time!

by Anonymousreply 160October 12, 2021 1:14 AM

hearing her read from Schiff's new book just made me angry everything is SO FUCKING SLOW in DC and the legal system! It seems like no one from the Trump years will ever face consequences. The repubs and right wing media have done such a good job whitewashing the last 4 years, the Russian collusion and even things everyone experienced such as coronavirus or saw such as the insurrection

by Anonymousreply 161October 12, 2021 2:15 AM

It’s story time on Rachel tonight.

by Anonymousreply 162October 12, 2021 2:25 AM

[quote] It’s story time on Rachel tonight

We paid $30,000,000 for this shit????

by Anonymousreply 163October 12, 2021 3:01 AM

And Matt Gaetz is still walking free.

by Anonymousreply 164October 12, 2021 3:35 AM

Has Vaughn been on lately?

by Anonymousreply 165October 12, 2021 7:28 PM

Yes...on my cock.

by Anonymousreply 166October 12, 2021 8:17 PM

Listening to Ari Melber philosophize Taylor Swift's lyrics makes me want to hurl.

Ari wants to be hard fucked by BBC.

I hope he gets his wish soon.

by Anonymousreply 167October 12, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote] Has Vaughn been on lately?

See R24. Vaughn was officially promoted to NBC News Correspondent and is going to be focusing mostly on NBC's streaming network, NBC News Now. I don't think we'll see as much of him on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 168October 12, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote]Ari wants to be hard fucked by BBC.

Yeah, I noticed that, Ari is OBSESSED with black dudes. Especially rappers. He almost never has black woman or Diva types on there. I think the only white woman I saw was Debra Harry and she wasn't very excited to be there.

by Anonymousreply 169October 13, 2021 12:02 AM

Well, I still remember a few years ago when Ari had Mary Wilson on for that Fallback Friday thing he does. Also in the segment was NY attorney and MSNBC contributor Maya Wiley. It was a memorable segment with the three of them. Maya seemed rather in awe of Mary..

by Anonymousreply 170October 13, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote] Yeah, I noticed that, Ari is OBSESSED with black dudes. Especially rappers.

You're reading WAY too much into Ari's affection for rap.

Don't confuse that with an affection for the rapPER.

He's just a fanboy. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 171October 13, 2021 12:42 AM

Time for Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 172October 13, 2021 1:06 AM

Ari would present hole at the drop of a rhyme.

by Anonymousreply 173October 13, 2021 1:37 AM

Rachel had on a very cute gay doctor tonight!

by Anonymousreply 174October 13, 2021 5:03 AM

[quote] the only white woman I saw was Debra Harry and she wasn't very excited to be there.

I remember that, he paired her with Chris Matthews for a Fallback Friday - she didn't seem to get the concept.

Melber usually shows teasers on The Beat of his longer form interviews which are watchable on the web. He's done some good interviews with Sharon Stone, Fran Lebowitz, Sheryl Crow, Jill Soloway, Annie Lennox and the female CEO's of 23AndMe and Bumble. Along with a bunch of male rappers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 13, 2021 9:13 AM

[quote] Rachel had on a very cute gay doctor tonight!

Would that be Dr. Vin Gupta or the Texas Planned Parenthood physician?

Gupta sounds like he does a lot of good works, and he definitely knows his stuff, but still comes across as just a bit of a media whore.

The abortion provider was very impressive - as well as cute. I can't imagine the strength it takes to provide that service and to be public about it, in normal times. Even more so in Texas with the crazy shit going on.

by Anonymousreply 176October 13, 2021 10:03 AM

R174 - I just looked up Dr. Gupta, and apparently he's married to a woman and they have a child.

by Anonymousreply 177October 13, 2021 10:58 AM

Dr. Vin Gupta has been appearing daily on MSNBC for the past 20 months. And been discussed ad nauseum here. Are some of you only discovering him now??

by Anonymousreply 178October 13, 2021 12:54 PM

I believe the cute doctor was a Texas abortionist.

by Anonymousreply 179October 13, 2021 3:07 PM

This was the hot Houston Doctor that Rachel had on last night.

Might he be gay with that rainbow lanyard around his neck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 13, 2021 3:19 PM

Dr Kumar is indeed gay.

[quote] Growing up “brown, gay, and marginalized” in a small Texas town inspired Houstonian Bhavik Kumar to become the activist and physician he is today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 13, 2021 3:36 PM

Ari Melber may be heterosexual but if Dr. Dre asked for a blowjob, Ari would drop to his knees.

Ari is SO attracted to Hip Hop and rappers and he thinks he's only attracted to the music and the lifestyle but not so deep down he craves that BBC.

by Anonymousreply 182October 13, 2021 5:04 PM

^that’s racist!

by Anonymousreply 183October 13, 2021 5:17 PM

R176 yes I was talking about Dr. Bhavik Kumar. I've happily watched the straight Dr. Vin Gupta for 18 months now.

btw shoutout to Dr. Kumar for being able to look good with both long and short hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 13, 2021 7:32 PM

[quote] Dr Kumar is indeed gay

TOTAL BOTTOM.

by Anonymousreply 185October 13, 2021 7:35 PM

^that's homophobic!

by Anonymousreply 186October 13, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote] Dr Kumar is indeed gay.

He also had a prominently placed book in his shot entitled Critical Race Theory. Not afraid to push buttons and consciences in the Lone Star state.

by Anonymousreply 187October 13, 2021 10:40 PM

Tonight it was interesting to see that Joy's wig had now almost evolved back to the white lady straightened bob she sported when she first hit on MSNBC. But this new one has a hipper sexier color and wave. And her makeup is so much improved from those dark days of 2015-16.

by Anonymousreply 188October 14, 2021 12:23 AM

Looks like they finally took our advice, R188.

by Anonymousreply 189October 14, 2021 12:24 AM

Maddow time.

by Anonymousreply 190October 14, 2021 1:12 AM

Rachel's really using the hair gel bottle tonight. Should go back to the topper.

by Anonymousreply 191October 14, 2021 1:54 AM

[quote] Rachel's really using the hair gel bottle tonight

Why is she putting hair gel on a wig?

by Anonymousreply 192October 14, 2021 1:57 AM

R192 It's her real hair now.

by Anonymousreply 193October 14, 2021 1:59 AM

Is she going to permanently do the Barbra Streisand “I will only show one side of my face on camera”??

by Anonymousreply 194October 14, 2021 10:53 AM

Joy Reid has not changed, she just changed wigs. Mark my words, she will be back to the other exotic peacock ones by next week. That girl cannot settle on a look. Says a lot about what's probably going on under the wigs.

by Anonymousreply 195October 14, 2021 11:26 AM

Phil was on Nicole yesterday. NO spiderwebs, NO pumpkins. Just a few small gourds on the side table. Sad, sad, sad.

by Anonymousreply 196October 14, 2021 12:28 PM

r194, she is probably freaked over the scar from her skin cancer removal.

Heaven save up if she gets fibroids...

by Anonymousreply 197October 14, 2021 12:55 PM

Which mole did she have removed? or did they do both of them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 14, 2021 5:05 PM

[QUOTE] Phil was on Nicole yesterday. NO spiderwebs, NO pumpkins. Just a few small gourds on the side table. Sad, sad, sad.

Phil is dead to me.

He used to be my holiday hero.

I hope Claire McCaskill steps up to replace him.

by Anonymousreply 199October 14, 2021 5:53 PM

R198 her other side of her face, not the ones visible in that pic

by Anonymousreply 200October 14, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]Heaven save up if she gets fibroids..

Do you mean keloids, R197?

by Anonymousreply 201October 14, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote]Phil is dead to me. He used to be my holiday hero. I hope Claire McCaskill steps up to replace him.

Claire is already cradling her pumpkin spice mug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 14, 2021 6:37 PM

You can always count on Claire to bring out the holiday cheer!

She has a very old-school, well-mannered sensibility.

Especially when she puts out cake in the living room.

It's such a civilized and polite thing to do.

Phil was clearly raised by wolves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 14, 2021 6:40 PM

Perhaps, just perhaps we should go easy on Phil. Maybe with all the supply chain issues he hasn’t been able to find a pumpkin. My local Party City is pretty barren in the seasonal aisles.

by Anonymousreply 204October 14, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] Perhaps, just perhaps we should go easy on Phil. Maybe with all the supply chain issues he hasn’t been able to find a pumpkin.

A good hostess always knows where to find the booze, AND the boys!

by Anonymousreply 205October 14, 2021 6:47 PM

[quote]Especially when she puts out cake in the living room. It's such a civilized and polite thing to do.

She’s a gem!

by Anonymousreply 206October 14, 2021 6:56 PM

I love gourds! There are some fascinating shapes and colors -- the long-necked ones may be my favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 14, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote] I love gourds!

Gourds are NOT cucumbers, Vaughn.

They'll just stretch your hole out more than it already is.

by Anonymousreply 208October 14, 2021 7:04 PM

It’s not gourds that stretched out Vaughn.

by Anonymousreply 209October 14, 2021 7:33 PM

That picture at R203 looks almost like Claire is receiving surprise Cunnilingus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 14, 2021 9:17 PM

Dear Rachel Maddow.

Please cover this story, so that Pete Buttigieg will actually DO SOMETHING about it:

[quote] While U.S. ports faced anchor-to-anchor traffic and Congress nearly melted down over the president’s infrastructure bill in recent weeks, the usually omnipresent Transportation secretary was lying low.

[quote] One of the White House’s go-to communicators didn’t appear on TV. He was absent on Capitol Hill during the negotiations over the bill he had been previously helping sell to different members of Congress. Conservative critics tried (unsuccessfully) to get #WheresPete to trend and Fox News ran a story on October 4 with the headline: “Buttigieg quiet on growing port congestion as shipping concerns build ahead of holidays.”

[quote] They didn’t previously announce it, but Buttigieg’s office told West Wing Playbook that the secretary has actually been on paid leave since mid-August to spend time with his husband, Chasten, and their two newborn babies.

[quote] “For the first four weeks, he was mostly offline except for major agency decisions and matters that could not be delegated,” said a spokesperson for the Department of Transportation. “He has been ramping up activities since then.” As he does that, Buttigieg will “continue to take some time over the coming weeks to support his husband and take care of his new children,” the spokesperson added.

Any responsible public servant wouldn't take "paid leave to spend time with his husband..." in the middle of one of the most serious shipping crises this country has ever faced.

Publicly shame him, if need be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 15, 2021 12:06 AM

@R211 is Trump-level incompetence and neglect.

by Anonymousreply 212October 15, 2021 12:07 AM

It's Friday Eve, and Rachel is back in 30 Rock.

by Anonymousreply 213October 15, 2021 1:03 AM

Blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, Rachel is Back!

by Anonymousreply 214October 15, 2021 1:08 AM

R213, I don’t know that this is 30 Rock and I have been asking about this for months.

When she is in 30 Rock they use the grand skyline shot and the board changes behind her vs a posted graphic. We can tell Chris and Nicole are back at 30 Rock.

Where is Rachel broadcasting from?? She used to say “Good evening here from New York.”

And they DO read DL.

“And no, I’m not going to read all 8 hours of transcript on air….” Tehe!

by Anonymousreply 215October 15, 2021 1:13 AM

R215 How do you know they read the DL?

by Anonymousreply 216October 15, 2021 1:17 AM

I doubt DL is that influential or powerful. It doesn't seem like many users even come here anymore

by Anonymousreply 217October 15, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote] @[R211] is Trump-level incompetence and neglect.

Word is that Chasten is suffering from post-partum delusion.

by Anonymousreply 218October 15, 2021 3:41 AM

Pete is a hack who needs to resign.

by Anonymousreply 219October 15, 2021 4:23 AM

Pete is EVERYTHING!

Leave him alone.

Nowhere as corrupt as his billion heiress predicessor.

by Anonymousreply 220October 15, 2021 12:37 PM

Was Pete able to find a pumpkin for the new kiddos?

by Anonymousreply 221October 15, 2021 12:45 PM

I like (not love) Claire but her home needs a major remodel. Those ugly browns and oranges are relics from 1995.

by Anonymousreply 222October 15, 2021 12:48 PM

R222 that is called Missouri Chic.

by Anonymousreply 223October 15, 2021 3:45 PM

CNN's Kasie Hunt Reveals She Had Surgery to Remove a Benign Brain Tumor: 'Pretty Surreal'

It looks like MSNBC made a good call on not keeping her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 16, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote] Word is that Chasten is suffering from post-partum delusion.

Was Pete in the delivery room, recording the birth?

I'd like to use the footage for the next season of American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 225October 16, 2021 1:03 AM

Honestly Kasie’s situation is awful & she has Jake Tapper in her clutches, but KCDC is 100% CNN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 226October 16, 2021 1:14 AM

That PA AG has always been cute, but somehow looked much hotter today. And is running for governor.

by Anonymousreply 227October 16, 2021 1:33 AM

I would like to see Ari some time out of his suite. Come on Ari, we know you stop shaving on Wednesday and have full on short beard by casual Friday, just let your hair down girl. It would be good for ratings. Maybe some shorts too.

by Anonymousreply 228October 16, 2021 2:54 AM

There was a casual photo of Ari making the rounds here last year. I think he was in a polo shirt or maybe a tee shirt and shorts, and you could tell that his body, while fit, was rather flaccid and lacking in definition. His legs and forearms were (no surprise!) very hairy though.

He definitely looks sexier in a suit.

by Anonymousreply 229October 16, 2021 3:33 AM

[quote] we know you stop shaving on Wednesday and have full on short beard by casual Friday,

I figure Ari for the type of guy who has to shave twice a day, casual Fridays are when he doesn't shave twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 230October 16, 2021 6:59 PM

three o'clock shadow == abundant testosterone. Brian Fallon, perpetual shadow.

by Anonymousreply 231October 16, 2021 8:48 PM

I’d love to rub my dick in his stubble.

by Anonymousreply 232October 16, 2021 8:54 PM

Ari is a hot jewish brother.

shabot shalom.

by Anonymousreply 233October 16, 2021 11:04 PM

Golden Showers is the Breaking News MSNBC Trump of course. Cant believe they actually say this on TV, how many old ladies are going to google it?

by Anonymousreply 234October 17, 2021 1:08 AM

Is this your boy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 17, 2021 6:52 AM

Ari is the cutest.

I find his appreciation for rap music to be absolutely adorable.

He's Flava Flav trapped in a Jewish boy's body.

by Anonymousreply 236October 17, 2021 7:08 AM

R235 He's definitely aiming to be some brotha's boy. You have to go 20+ posts in to find Ari pictured with a woman, and then an equal number until the next. And that's Fran Lebowitz. The continuous sucking up to rappers, and lyric quoting, just seems clumsy and desperate. But he is cute.

by Anonymousreply 237October 17, 2021 9:02 AM

What is it about Jewish boys in love with Rap and wanting to be black dudes? Ari is an adult version of that. MSNBC has allowed him to go even deeper into his fetish. I like Ari, but I am personally not into rap so when he starts going there I change the channel. His rap quotes are cringe worthy and awkward. His non Rap guests play along but you could see they are about as excited about it as a mandatory office party.

by Anonymousreply 238October 17, 2021 9:20 AM

He has a beautiful smile and kissable lips I will give him that. Needs to trim those arms down a bit. Odd he takes such good care of his face and forgets everything below the neck.

by Anonymousreply 239October 17, 2021 9:24 AM

[quote] MSNBC has allowed him to go even deeper into his fetish

Yes. Otherwise so extremely self-possessed, it's odd to see him switch into openly craving acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 240October 17, 2021 9:44 AM

He needs the attention, I think I heard ones that he was high school class president. He needs people to like him. Hanging around black dudes makes him feel cool.

by Anonymousreply 241October 17, 2021 9:51 AM

Stop trashing Ari.

So he likes rap. Big fucking deal!

Are you all jealous of this?

Nobody bitches about Phil and his pumpkins.

Or Rachel and her book reading.

Leave Ari the fuck alone.

by Anonymousreply 242October 17, 2021 2:29 PM

just saw new DL fave Steven Romo on MSNBC. I didn't know he joined the network but am happy

they need more young hot men and women as roving reporters.

by Anonymousreply 243October 17, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote] Stop trashing Ari.

Calm yourself dear. It's called observation & commentary. That's what we do here.

No one's trashing anyone. Except for maybe Jake Sherman.

by Anonymousreply 244October 17, 2021 9:47 PM

What is it with Jonathan Capehart and the verbal stumbling. BITCH! If you’re having trouble with the teleprompter, them either get your vision checked or have them increase the teleprompter font size. It’s so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 245October 17, 2021 9:55 PM

So what did Jake Sherman do to turn people against him? I remember when some here thought he was cute. Now he seems to be thoroughly disliked.

by Anonymousreply 246October 17, 2021 10:59 PM

R246 No idea. Someone here regularly rants about him - usually accompanied by the poop emoji.

by Anonymousreply 247October 17, 2021 11:21 PM

Yeah, there's really only one Jake Sherman troll here.

by Anonymousreply 248October 18, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote] So he likes rap. Big fucking deal! Are you all jealous of this? Nobody bitches about Phil and his pumpkins. Or Rachel and her book reading.

Yest they do, people did in fact bitch here about Phil's pumpkins, they are just a prop in the background. Besides, Phil doesn't talk about pumpkins EVERY FUCKING DAY. Or force other people to play along with stupid pumpkin quotes if they want to be on his show.

Ari needs to drop the rap thing, it's so boring.

by Anonymousreply 249October 18, 2021 2:25 AM

I do wonder if many of Ari's guest talking heads, especially the older white ones, have any idea who or what he's referencing with his rap lyrics, even though some seem to nod and force a chuckle. Most often though they don't seem to even catch he's making any reference.

by Anonymousreply 250October 18, 2021 2:53 AM

Of course they don't, because most white people over a certain age did not grow up with rap. They grew up with Rock and Roll and he fails to see that. That's why it's so cringy that he makes all his guest do that. It just makes them look uncomfortable and that's not really a good look for a host to put ALL his guests through that.

It would be like some nerdy Trecky forcing all of his guests to respond with their favorite quote from Star Trek the original series. Once in a blue moon is tolerable, but not every guest, every fucking night. But you know what they say, Live Long and Prosper. If not Use the Force.

by Anonymousreply 251October 18, 2021 3:10 AM

R250 David Corn good naturedly countered with a situation appropriate Dylan lyric, which I thought was a nice way of handling it.

by Anonymousreply 252October 18, 2021 6:33 AM

Love David Korn (sp?)!!! He's a cute hot daddy who'd be fun in bed. I'd take him over Ari any day.

by Anonymousreply 253October 18, 2021 1:08 PM

I stopped watching Ari because of the rap thing.

by Anonymousreply 254October 18, 2021 1:22 PM

I picture Ari doing boi-kegels on a big black butt plug during his show.

by Anonymousreply 255October 18, 2021 3:50 PM

Jake Sherman 💩

by Anonymousreply 256October 18, 2021 4:50 PM

When will Vaughn be presenting hole?

by Anonymousreply 257October 18, 2021 7:46 PM

General Colin Powell is dead, now for a two-hour Nicolle Wallace laughfest!

Rest in Peace, Sir.

by Anonymousreply 258October 18, 2021 8:23 PM

Rachel would have more time to actually cover events if she didn't feel the need to spend the first 15-20 minutes of her show telling about what she was going to be covering.

by Anonymousreply 259October 19, 2021 1:03 AM

haha I know I'm not the only one who chuckled when Rachel referred to Manchin as "the guy who has his thumb in the dike" tonight

by Anonymousreply 260October 19, 2021 4:17 AM

Vaughn's boyfriend made another appearance with him on his Instagram stories today.

I thought millennials didn't do the glass closet?

by Anonymousreply 261October 19, 2021 4:46 AM

Interesting Instagram post from Vaughn back in September, when he got the "On the Road" gig with NBC:

[quote] vaughn_hillyard

[quote] In a turn of events, we’re now New York residents?? 🤷🏻‍♂️🍎 👋🏼 September 25, 2021.

To which his friend responded:

[quote] ellison.barber

[quote] yesssssss double dates double dates

Vaughn uses "we" and Ellison references "double dates," meaning he definitely has a significant other.

But I don't see any female on his page. So it's got to be the guy who is always in the photos with him.

I never really thought that Vaughn would ever be in the closet, but I guess he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 19, 2021 4:58 AM

I guess this really is his boyfriend...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 19, 2021 5:01 AM

The boyfriend is cute.

A touch of twinning there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 19, 2021 5:13 AM

R264 Could that be the aforementioned double double date. maybe Ellison is pan.

Another photo of bf Devan on the beach at sunset. "Hope you guys are having the best weekend."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 19, 2021 7:26 AM

Need varificatia that this thread has been $$.

by Anonymousreply 266October 19, 2021 1:00 PM

I love Joyce Vance so much but her attempts at makeup are hilarious and a little pathetic. And so inconsistent, like she goes to a different counter in the makeup department at the Mobile, Alabama Macy's each day and has who's ever available do a test run on her. Her "smokey" eyes are over the top this morning.

Joyce, just wear your eyeglasses and be done with it. You're too smart for this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 267October 19, 2021 1:08 PM

For those moving on to Part 32

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 19, 2021 1:10 PM

[quote] I love Joyce Vance so much but her attempts at makeup are hilarious and a little pathetic. And so inconsistent, like she goes to a different counter in the makeup department at the Mobile, Alabama Macy's each day

I enjoy it. I like the suspense of not knowing which Joyce Vance will show up on camera on any particular day.

by Anonymousreply 269October 19, 2021 4:53 PM

Is this thread really paywalled?

After only 269 posts?

That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 270October 19, 2021 9:19 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 271October 20, 2021 2:57 AM

No Bump. Move to Part 32. Link above^^^.

by Anonymousreply 272October 20, 2021 12:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!