Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pierre Boo & Nick Champa, TikTok’s Hottest LGBTQ+ Couple, Goes Global

When TikTok star Pierre Amaury Crespeau and his boyfriend Nick Champa get to Italy this year, they have one big goal, to do what other TikTokers before them have done: recreate a pivotal love scene from the Pixar film Luca.

“They’re doing the dialogue between those two boys as the sound, and so people are recreating it,” says Champa of the folks heading to the Italian Riviera where Luca’s fictional town is located. “I was like, ‘We need to go do that. We have to do that.’”

Luca, director Enrico Casarosa’s animated film about a couple of young sea monsters and their adventures on the coast of Italy, is so completely evocative of the region — with a story that speaks to queer people everywhere — that you can imagine seeing this cute couple as the titular character and his new “friend.”

Crespeau and Champa, better known as Nicky Champa and Pierre Boo on TikTok, where they have 22 million followers — a lot of them LGBTQ+ youth, tween girls, and their middle-aged moms — who love their 15-30 second videos of goofy pranks, jokes, challenges, skits, and viral dances. Both men eschew gay labels; they consider themselves to be fluid in all aspects, including their sexuality. And their audience can’t get enough of the unconventional, free-spirited pair who first met at a movie audition in early 2017.

Both were aspiring actors, which is why you can easily imagine them performing Luca scenes — in Italy, France (where Boo is from), upstate New York (Champa hails from Syracuse), or any of the places this globetrotting couple loves to visit.

“They’re mermaids,” Boo begins explaining Luca to the uninitiated.

“No, they’re sea monsters,” Champa interjects. “They live under the water, but then come out, and they turn to humans; human is their mask. So, these two monster things…turn into boys in a gay relationship. It’s very fluid. Like, there’s no label, they don’t kiss or anything. But you know that there’s a deeper connection and it’s just like the evolution of that relationship.”

Champa and Boo, now 25 and 30 respectively, appreciate the film’s symbolism — the allusion to, as Champa calls it, “hiding your sexuality, blending into the world. And when you’re caught, you say, ‘No, he is. I’m not!’ And the town that was so fearful at the end of the day…[admit] they hated them so much, because they were afraid of them. Then they actually embraced them. It’s so touching because it’s so representative of what we all have to [go through]. And the fact that it’s not only a Disney movie, but it’s also taking place in Italy, and it’s just so romantic and gorgeous.”

“It’s very, very beautiful,” Boo adds.

Boo and Champa began their social media presence a year after they met by posting about their relationship on Instagram. The response from fans was immediate and more powerful than they’d anticipated. When TikTok emerged, the creators embraced the new platform’s potential and produced even more forms of content. Their audience skyrocketed.

But when they first met, Boo, now 30, admits he was a bit guarded about starting a relationship. “I was coming out of a tough break-up and after 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 heartbreaks, I lost the dream of a fairytale relationship.”

The couple says before getting together they were each “a bit heartbroken about our relationships prior… just turning out to not be what we always wanted,” but they quickly realized, “Whoa, we found each other!”

As much as he wanted to take things slowly with Champa, the connection couldn’t be denied. “I was telling you,” Champa recalls, turning to Boo, who often finishes his sentences. “I was like, ‘I’m ready to get this going. I want to commit to each other. I want to be with you.’ And he’s like, ‘Well, fine, you have to move in with me.’”

So they did, a month after they first met. They had already negotiated the intimate details of their modern relationship.

“Monogamous,” Boo says. “That makes us happy.”

“We’re very committed to each other,” Champa adds. And part of that commitment is sexual exclusivity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2021 11:45 AM

“Our community is a very free-spirited community, which I think is amazing and beautiful,” Boo says. But, he adds, “We found a happiness in creating a relationship for us.”

“We’re not alone, obviously,” Champa says. “Everybody has their own wants and desires. But there is a portion of the community that does want that fairy tale [relationship]. We’re not the only ones that want this, so we have to show that we have it, and it’s attainable. You can have it, too. It just takes some searching, some time.”

Few couples have woven their personal and professional lives together like this duo. Although they each have their own handles, their videos are almost always the two of them together. Stans post comments threatening them if they ever dare break up. Now every move they make as a couple is scrutinized. But at first, they kept it to themselves.

“For a year, we didn’t post about being in a relationship at all,” Champa recalls. He says that time was “a very constructive year of solidifying what we want and what we expect from each other. And once we had that, it kind of just happened naturally. The thing is, with our relationship and social media, it’s funny because it’s like the social media part feels so small to the relationship [overall].”

That’s true, Boo adds. “It’s a little window to it.”

Still, they admit, it’s sometimes hard to keep the two separate. What will they keep private, just for themselves, and what will they share? And, they admit, it’s a lot of work keeping their TikTok (and YouTube) fans satisfied with fresh and interesting content.

“We have days where we just sit, spit out ideas, and compile our funny concepts,” Champa explains. “We’re constantly thinking about what viewers want to see and what we’re willing to reveal. We’re sometimes nervous to show too much of our personal lives because you never know what will work and what will fall flat.”

Boo was a theater actor in France (“There was always a cigarette in my mouth, and I was saying some monologue”) and admits that acting is “such a passion that you always have in your heart.”

Champa has been in a few indie films, and of course the duo uses their acting chops to create the characters, Nicky and Pierre, which are based on themselves but played up for comedic value and TikTok audiences. Some skits take three straight hours of taping and retaping; videos taped in one shot are rare.

“We’re just creators at this point,” Champa insists. “We create and this is our platform that we’ve created.” Though he’s not fond of the term “influencer” (“I don’t feel like we’re influencing…I think it’s just like we’re sharing.”), the couple has been sponsored by a number of larger brands, like Spotify, ASOS, and the singer Ariana Grande. Eventually, they hope to do their own clothing line, so that what they wear in videos can be bought online by fans.

While their fame has allowed them to buy their first home together, being TikTok stars is “not all flowers and roses,” says Boo. “In the world of social media, there is a little bit of toxicity. It’s just hard to navigate that because it can directly affect our relationship because our relationship is our platform, it is our brand, it is our social media. And it is not easy to navigate that being two persons…putting ourselves out there in a platform where we can be compared [to others] or where we can be criticized. We take all this at heart, of course. That’s a challenge.”

What keeps them grounded, Champa says, is that they have a shared goal. They are chasing the same dream. “I feel like there’s a bond and there’s a mission together…my success is your success; your success is my success. We’re doing this together. We’re going to help each other and we’re always going to have each other’s back. As long as that’s solidified, nothing can break…that foundation of understanding what we expect and want from each other.”

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2021 12:11 AM

I don’t care

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2021 12:12 AM

The couple says they’ve learned which narratives they can and can’t control in Hollywood, including plastic surgery rumors. In a discussion about fillers, Champa outlines the importance of healthy living but says if eating right, working out, and staying hydrated doesn’t solve a perceived problem, it’s OK to address it.

“We talk about this with our friends… filler and Botox and whatever you want to do does not fix anything. It helps you be the best version of yourself if that’s what you’re looking for. We’re not trying to say, ‘You need this to look beautiful.’ No. It’s what we did for ourselves to make us feel happy. We own it, and we don’t really feel like we owe you an explanation for it.”

Still, as role models, Champa says they feel a responsibility to be transparent.

But, Boo interjects, “If you want to get an earring, you don’t have to explain it to anybody.”

“This next generation, Gen Z, it is so different from what I feel like we were used to watching,” Champa says. “It’s this open book. Do whatever the hell you want to do to make you feel happy. And, you know, obviously, there are standards…and you have to navigate that correctly. But at the end of the day, if it’s what you want to do, do it. If it doesn’t hurt anybody, do it.”

Champa adds, “We do our maintenance, but I think if you’re genuinely happy and you’re feeling happiness and feeling love that really shows through on your physical appearance. A lot of people are like, ‘Why are you glowing today?’ I feel like we’re both just very much high on life. Happiness really goes a long way.”

The next step is one full of adventure: a longer-form YouTube series and, hopefully someday, “some sort of Netflix series or show that is kind of semi-scripted, like Broad City, but with two guys in a relationship…still acting, but we’re playing ourselves.”

Their new web series (on their Nicky and Pierre YouTube channel) will feature 15 videos, following them to Europe and presenting a life that has them shuttling between California, New York, Paris, and other parts of Europe (pre-pandemic).

Boo says the series will introduce viewers to their life together as well as their families, and what Champa calls “trying to embrace the international [aspect] of our relationship. His family’s in Paris, mine’s in upstate New York. We live in L.A. This is how we live our lives. We also have roots in Europe and we want to embrace that more, and I want him to be more connected to his family and I want them to be more a part of this whole world that we’re building along with my mom. Like the Brady Bunch but instead of revolving around a guy and a girl, it’s two guys with families.”

Many of their favorite places are in Italy as well, like Venice, says Champa. “We honestly really enjoy the cities that are kind of more low-key and romantic rather than like the big party cities. We’re going to go back to Lake Como, Portofino, Montserrat. The Italian Riviera we really enjoy. We love Switzerland — Pierre’s family’s country home is like two hours away from the border of Switzerland.”

Champa recently found out that his mother’s family is 100 percent Italian. “My great-great-grandfather on my mom’s side falls under this clause where he came to the United States and had children before he declared his residency, which basically means that all of the descendants are qualified for Italian citizenship. So, I qualify.” He’s in the process of getting that formalized.

Their union has roots in France, Italy, and the United States, where they’ve fallen for California as well as the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, the desert of Joshua Tree National Park, and Big Sky, Montana, where they spent a pandemic Christmas.

“We rented a house in the middle of nowhere,” Champa recalls. “It was really, really beautiful and amazing. We didn’t think about how scary it would be in the middle of nowhere. So that was scary but other than that Montana is gorgeous.”

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2021 12:13 AM

Boo and Champa see TikTok as the perfect platform for travel content that speaks to Gen Z, a generation the creators say wants content that hasn’t been filtered or carefully edited.

“Gen Z is so open, you just, you put yourself out there,” Champa says. “I feel like Millennials are a bit still curated and still like putting on a face for them to filter behind. So, I think that’s Instagram. And I think that travel content reflects that. I think with TikTok, you’re going to get beautiful content of places…I also love seeing funny shit that happens in these places and stuff that you would not see on Instagram, like the moments of, you know, someone falling into the canal in Venice. That, to me, is entertaining and makes me want to go to Venice more than seeing [a] beautiful picture that’s curated and perfect.”

Boo says, “[It ’s] really about discovering other people and cultures and knowing how to respect it…while experiencing it. I think there’s always the same hunger to discover the other culture and to [experience] the food and the places, the beauty, the music. But we’re definitely not going to appropriate culture anymore. Gen Z is going to change that.”

Champa sees TikTok having a big role in how Gen Z is changing travel. “When you’re a kid,” he says, “the last thing you want to do is go to a museum. You want to go to the cool spot that the locals go to, where it seems like no tourist has been. And then you make the TikTok there, and that gets millions of views. TikTok fuels this new age of discovering new places, and new intimate spots that no one has gone to. And finding and making new places cool, and like making new places relevant.”

It goes back to Luca for Champa. The couple hadn’t planned to go to the Italian Riviera until he kept seeing so many people recreating the movie there. “And because I cried my eyes out in that movie, it was just so amazing — I’m going to tear up right now — it was just so amazing. I was like, ‘We need to go do that. That is so beautiful. I feel like we could do that too.’ And I’m just one person seeing those TikTok videos that just inspired me.”

The couple is very aware of how they are inspiring others, and empowering LGBTQ+ youth is a central concern. They get letters from queer kids asking to be adopted, letters so sweet but sometimes heartbreaking too; kids who share stories of difficult home lives.

Older generations aren’t always as kind. “My theory is we trigger that feeling of something they may have missed out on,” Champa says.

“I feel like the generation before us went through so much trauma and so much fear,” Boo says, alluding to the AIDS crisis, LGBTQ+ discrimination, and internalized homophobia.

Champa’s aunt is gay. He says she and her friends never talked about their sexual orientations, while he and his boyfriend are now making a career out of theirs. “I feel like there is a generational [difficulty] understanding each other. I’m like, ‘Why are you not more like this?’ And she’s like, ‘Why are you more not like that?’”

The young men say they understand the pressure to keep one’s LGBTQ+ identity under wraps. Auditioning for roles, the actors say they were often told that they weren’t coding gay enough for gay roles but would have to stay closeted in the media for straight ones.

“I remember at one point we were just like, ‘Fuck this, let’s just own it. I don’t want to have a career where I’m hiding our relationship. This is ridiculous.’”

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2021 12:14 AM

They're both smoking hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2021 12:15 AM

That's one hell of a steamy photo shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2021 12:16 AM

These two guys are incredibly gorgeous.

I'm very jealous that they're with each other.

They look like Greek gods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2021 12:17 AM

They sound insufferable

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2021 12:20 AM

They could stand to lose some fat, and look like they’re just a few plates of pasta away from skinny fat.

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2021 12:21 AM

Jesus Christ, are there no hair dressers with thinning shears where these homosexuals live?

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2021 12:26 AM

[quote]“not all flowers and roses,”

Oh, chèr.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2021 12:26 AM

Cute, but I don't know how someone grows an extra row of teeth like that

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2021 12:27 AM

Goes global or go global? I’m leaning toward go global.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2021 12:30 AM

I prefer the dark haired one.

The lighter haired guy is a little too "James Charles" for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2021 12:33 AM

25 and 30? They’re practically eldergays already, no wonder they’re so defensive about cosmetic surgery. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote] not all flowers and roses

Brie and cheese.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2021 1:11 AM

Wow I didn't realize one of them was 30!

Which one, R15?

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2021 1:11 AM

I guess he's saying that his boyfriend's ass stinks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2021 1:51 AM

Pierre Boo?

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2021 8:42 AM

How truly fascinating. OP please share more pearls of wisdom from this dynamic duo.

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2021 9:18 AM

It's acts like this where fools think only the gorgeous are worthy of each other and we are treated to the cliched boring "why is so and so with so and so, they are way out of their league" posts.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2021 9:42 AM

Pretty boys who are both naive and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2021 9:52 AM

hole pics pls

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2021 11:04 AM

I don’t know them, but I’m loving all the vintage photos of these two and their 40 year relationship, and I would have been so crushing on them both circa 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2021 11:04 AM

"LGBTQ+ Couple"

😄

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2021 11:06 AM

I thought Benji Krol and Jorge Garay were "TikTok's hottest LGBTQ couple", but apparently they broke up already.

(At 19, being TikTok stars was less undignified for them, too.)

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2021 11:19 AM

Nice couple R24, but they're not as cute as op's couple.

Neither are "Benji Krol and Jorge Garay," R26. Not even close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2021 11:55 AM

I thought they were just a cute couple. Turns out their TikToks are just an ad for the real money maker: OnlyFans

Just common whores. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2021 1:21 PM

I'm so sick of being lumped into an alphabetic description. Why the hell can't they just say GAY couple??

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2021 2:41 PM

This is one of those situations where I really feel different from other gay guys. People here are talking about how cute they are.

I'm sure these two are lovely, and I really do feel mean saying this, but... I mean, they're WEIRD looking. They're young guys who've had plastic surgery and it makes them look strange. I do think they can do whatever the hell they like with themselves, but I personally find it sad to eradicate your own beauty and make yourself into this stretched skin, permanently surprised expression type person. I saw some of their videos on YouTube, and yeah... perhaps it works better for still photos, but in movement they are kinda freaky looking. They remind me very much of a friend of mine and what he is doing to his face.

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2021 5:20 AM

This is Pierre before the plastic surgeries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2021 6:19 AM

Yeah, he was nicer looking then, in my opinion. Hopefully he's happy as is, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2021 6:27 AM

I find them annoying.

But they are two perky bottoms, so I’d like to fuck one after the other and then block their accounts on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2021 7:55 AM

Cool bros

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2021 3:12 PM

I can't stop clicking on their videos in horror of what they've done to their faces. It's like a car crash.

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2021 8:59 PM

Maybe it's the floppy toddler hair but for some reason they don't do it for me. But then again - my type may be more old fashioned: muscled, hairy, masculine, visible testosterone, etc.

I guess beauty standards always shift with trends and generations!

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2021 9:12 PM

The beauty standards these guys seem to be trying to hold are as the kinds of pinups teenage girls would like, to be honest. That's going to be really hard to keep up over the years.

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2021 9:14 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2021 3:13 PM

They'll end up looking like Siegfried & Roy

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]tween girls, and their middle-aged moms

Straight women love twinks more than gay men

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]if eating right, working out, and staying hydrated doesn’t solve a perceived problem, it’s OK to address it.

If they gave a Nobel Prize for banality, these two would be runaway winners for 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote]The next step is one full of adventure: a longer-form YouTube series and, hopefully someday, “some sort of Netflix series or show that is kind of semi-scripted, like Broad City, but with two guys in a relationship…still acting, but we’re playing ourselves.”

🤮

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2021 3:56 PM

Who Da Fuck are these 2 "GURLS" kidding? Am I supposed to care& know these 2 plastic cum dumpsters?

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2021 4:02 PM

You're all just jelly of these two hotties.

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2021 5:51 PM

They're not hot, though R44. They're odd looking.

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2021 7:45 PM

Pierre was kinda cute before those ugly plastic surgeries. They both look like wax figures. ☹️

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2021 8:13 PM

With these permanently surprised expressions on their face.

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2021 8:14 PM

Like a lot of insta/TT stars, they looks great in pics and fucking weird/average/ugly in real life. The contrast between what they present in photos vs. the walking, talking version of themselves is pretty depressing.

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2021 8:33 PM

Yeah, it came across to me like they've had work done to look good in still photos, but look so weird in normal life.

I'm someone who photographs weirdly, I think, but I'd rather that and be better looking in real life, than the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Neomullet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2021 4:55 PM

if they're into plastic surgery this early because of perceived imperfections, they're never going to be satisfied moving forward.

"Boo and Nick" or "Boo and Campa" does have the ring of a Netflix-produced series, or one of those awful gay series on HereTV.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2021 5:01 PM

HereTV still exists?

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote]if they're into plastic surgery this early because of perceived imperfections, they're never going to be satisfied moving forward.

"You shouldn't have started. I mean, once you get the top beak you gotta balance it with the bottom beak, and then you gotta balance the whole beak with the cheeks, you see, darling and before you know it, you're just a visitor in your own face!"

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2021 9:12 PM

WTH is a "LGBTQ+" couple? OP must be one of these insufferable tranny activists with all word salad.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2021 9:19 PM

"HereTV still exists?"

Yes, and it's awful. Not sure if it's a cable channel, but it's definitely a streaming channel.

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2021 1:07 AM

Someone must subscribe to it

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2021 2:00 PM

It’s weird how Pierre who is 30 is acting like a naive and innocent bambi who can’t speak good English on his tik tok to appeal to teen girls and older women.

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2021 2:12 PM

R57, that’s not weird on social media

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2021 2:15 PM

r57 Are women into plastic blowupdoll faces?

by Anonymousreply 59October 17, 2021 2:19 PM

R57 The gorgeous and sexy Nick in LittleKingLife is also always acting like a naive child and it really kills the hotness vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 17, 2021 2:59 PM

Here they are 3 years ago and Pierre is much more mature, assertive and his accent is not as exaggerated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2021 12:01 AM

r61 They also look less surgically enhanced there.

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2021 11:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!