Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taron Egerton and Jonathan Bailey in COCK

The jokes are writing themselves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2022 11:18 AM

Taron's been in cock many times

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2021 4:46 AM

This thread will leave me COCKeyed.

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2021 4:53 AM

As a straight man, this role will be a huge challenge!

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2021 5:04 AM

Close your eyes and think of Elton.

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2021 5:05 AM

Taron is meh to me, but Jonathan Bailey, hubba hubba!

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2021 5:21 AM

I hear it's a classic two-hander.

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2021 5:21 AM

Are there discounts for groups?

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2021 5:24 AM

They mean "rooster", right?

by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2021 6:46 AM

Do they show it?

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2021 6:54 AM

R1 But how many times has cock been in Taron?

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2021 7:05 AM

Jonathan Bailey was terrific as the groom who's "Not Getting Married Today" in "Company", alongside fellow hottie Richard Fleeshman

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2021 7:23 AM

"We had one goal with this production:

To make the gays' heads ESPLODE!"

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2021 7:30 AM

This is a bit on the nose.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2021 7:37 AM

I saw COCK with Ben Whishaw. It wasn’t very good.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2021 9:16 AM

Do they show any? If not, hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2021 10:38 AM

[quote] Cock follows a gay couple whose relationship is called into question when John takes a break from his boyfriend. While on a break, John meets the girl of his dreams, and must decide what path to take sexually.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2021 11:20 AM

Read my mind r16, I came here to do a Michael Barbaro joke.

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2021 12:36 PM

I wonder if Jonathan will get a piece of that

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2021 12:51 AM

The whole inspiration for this (shit) play (I saw it in Melbourne once) is that a straight guy was confused at all these men saying they were gay after being in long term relationships with women. So he was like, well what about the flip side of that. Clearly knows nothing about what its like to me a man attracted to other men. It tends goes 'one way' for a reason. Well, many reasons, but you know what im saying.

On the one hand anything queer and not 'homonorative' is very in now - shitting on gay men is acceptable. But on the other, surely this should be cancelled as it was written by a straight white man, who clearly has no idea about the experiences of gay men?? Or could he just say he was 'open'/ not '100% straight' if the woke social media queers got it in their minds to cancel him a la Andre Aicman. I remember when the book came out as a teenager, and all the interviews he gave was basically asking him how as a 'straight man' he was able to write a gay love story (even though its not). He was very clear he was 'straight' then, but by the time the movie came out, the cultural landscape had changed so much, he basically had to say he wasn't straight.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2021 3:55 AM

[quote] I saw COCK with Ben Whishaw

A rag of flesh hanging from a rag of flesh.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2021 3:57 AM

[Quote] shitting on gay men is acceptable.

Not only gay me.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2021 3:58 AM

It's not a shit play. It's a great play, you dolt, R19. Your woke analysis is a tedious queer analysis that strips away the play's meaning in a drearily simplistic way.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2021 4:01 AM

Yes, you stripped it away in a simplistically dreary way!

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2021 4:03 AM

I really don’t understand the meaning of the play? A straight guy wrote a “what if the tables turned” scenario he thought was witty but because he’s straight, he’s ignorant that men have left men for women all along.

R19 Right it’s borderline homophobic perspective to write such a play. I didn’t find “Call Me By Your Name” homophobic but it was totally out of touch with gay men and being gay and the experience.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 4:26 AM

Such a stupid misreading.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 4:28 AM

This is the most realistic looking gay couple I’ve seen in entertainment in years

Two short gay men of the same height

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2022 11:09 AM

The story sounds dreary.

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2022 11:48 AM

How old is the play, because I saw Bedrooms and Hallways in the late 90s with almost the exact same premise (gay man falls for a woman). Tremendous cast. Bedrooms and Hallways (full movie is on YouTube, btw.) and Cock.

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2022 12:37 PM

Directed by Marianne Elliot? Lol, no thanks. That promises a very dull evening of theater. And can she please stay away from gay material? She doesn’t have a fucking clue what gay men are like.

by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2022 12:42 PM

Isn't it noticeable how there's been total silence from the GAY ROLES FOR GAY ACTORS brigade about the non gay Egerton being a non gay actor playing a gay role alongside a gay actor.

It's as if they know something!

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2022 1:01 PM

I’m shocked that something like this with homophobic and biphobic elements is being shown in 2022. With an actor who came out like last year and a suspected closet case. I’m seeing very few people having a problem with the concept and homophobic portrayals. Saw some gays are planning on seeing it and I’m like so you don’t have a problem with homophobia? These are actual lines in the play “pussy is better”, “She’s better than you”. Nobody cares about that? They’re mentioning the actors looks and wanting to see them together but I’m like there’s a glaring problem right there. And the fact that this was written by a straight man. What the fuck is going on over there in the U.K?

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2022 7:35 PM

R29 I don’t think Company is boring.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2022 7:43 PM

BAME casting for the "gal."

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2022 8:50 PM

R19 Which baffling because how do you go from that to making a play deconstructing homosexuality and gay relationships? Maybe the straight writer felt too uncomfortable looking into himself and writing it from the straight perspective. I find this even more so due to the careless and unnuanced plot and dialogue that are just homophobic. He didn’t have the range to even do a story like this.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2022 5:20 AM

Inteview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2022 7:47 AM

Note how Brits, who can swear on TV, can't say the title.

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2022 8:14 AM

Egerton out of Cock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2022 9:22 AM

R37 that was fast. Tragic to be out of cock, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2022 10:22 AM

Pretty much no one would agree with you R32. Company is flopping at the box office while other shows are soaring (The Music Man made 3.4 MILLION last week while Company barely eked out 800k,) and Eliot had the same result with Angels In America which made nothing and closed quickly when it was here. Even Patti Lu winning a Tony won’t save this misconceived mess of a revival. Eliot needs to go away and stay away. And Broadway needs to stop bringing these dull Menier Chocolate Factory whatever revivals over here. They’re cheap and terrible.

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2022 11:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!