Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Linda Evangelista is now disfigured!!!

She just posted this on instagram:

Today I took a big step towards righting the wrong that I have suffered and have kept to myself for over five years. To my followers who have wondered why I have not been working while my peers' careers have been thriving, the reason is I was brutally disfigured by Zeltiq's CoolSculpting procedure which did the opposite of what it promised. It increased, not decreased, my fat cells and left me permanently deformed even after two painful, unsuccessful, corrective surgeries. I have been left, as the media described, "unrecognizable."

I have developed Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia or PAH, a risk of which I was not made aware before I had the procedures. PAH not only destroyed my livelihood, it has sent me into a cycle of deep depression, profound sadness, and the lowest depths of self-loathing. In the process, I have become a recluse. With this lawsuit, I am moving forward to rid myself of shame, and going public with my story. I'm so tired of living this way. I would like to walk out my door with my head held high, despite not looking like myself any longer.

by Anonymousreply 294October 17, 2021 6:18 PM

Link please. And that is why you leave that shit alone!

by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2021 2:33 AM

Here's her insta:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2021 2:38 AM

Is she the Super Model who has a child with Salma Hayek's billionaire hubby?

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2021 2:39 AM

No pictures? How bad can it be? Wonka Blueberry bad?

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2021 2:40 AM

r3, yes

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2021 2:42 AM

Old Linda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2021 2:44 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2021 2:44 AM

Linda disfigured

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2021 2:44 AM

She still looks very pretty in R8, just a bit disheveled

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2021 2:46 AM

So now she looks more like Stacy Layne than Valentina.

I hope Aja's happy.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2021 2:47 AM

She doesn’t look bad at all in R8

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2021 2:47 AM

She still looks prettier than the average woman of her age. But I guess she had far to fall.

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2021 2:50 AM

More about the side effects of CoolSculpting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2021 2:51 AM

My heart goes out to this poor woman; I can't imagine the pain she must be experiencing.

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2021 2:51 AM

I figured something was up when Naomi Campbell launched her interview series on YouTube. She interviewed Cindy, Christy, and even Carla Bruni, but no Linda…even though the two are clearly still friends. It was also strange when she didn’t walk at Versace and Carla Bruni took her place at the reunion a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2021 2:51 AM

The condition she mentions is real. But its not the whole story. She got fat ALL OVER. and she didn't have Coolsculpting on her fat face and neck, and everywhere. But, it's a pity. And a cautionary tale about cosmetic procedures.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] brutally disfigured… PAH not only destroyed my livelihood, it has sent me into a cycle of deep depression, profound sadness, and the lowest depths of self-loathing. In the process, I have become a recluse.

It’s almost as if the only thing she finds admirable about herself is her (former) looks.

Though honestly, she may be on to something there.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2021 2:54 AM

Just saw this on her Instagram and immediately came here. DL does not disappoint! I expected it to be worse. She looks overweight, not disfigured. Although it must be very hard to have your looks altered overnight by something like this. She was regarded as one of the most beautiful women in the world. She still is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2021 2:54 AM

Linda got fat from eating after she won a big child support deal with the French dude who was fucking both her and Salma at the same time (both wanted the dough - Salma didn't make a peep after finding out her soulmate was fucking our 90s supermodel and impregnating them both).

Of course shit can go down when you get yourself injected with toxins, etc.

Caveat emptor.

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2021 2:57 AM

One of the great noses in modelling history.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2021 2:59 AM

Boo fuckin’ hoo , Linda. She was a bitch on the way up AND the way down.

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2021 3:00 AM

She just looks like she gained a ton of weight, she doesn't look disfigured at all.

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2021 3:00 AM

She looks about as “disfigured” as Carrie Underwood. They should start a support group.

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2021 3:02 AM

r23, I'd wager it was her body, not her face that was disfigured. CoolSculpting is usually done on the thighs, stomach, etc. If you look at the most recent pictures she's wearing baggy clothes that hide her body

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2021 3:04 AM

She is also in her 50s? I mean, at least it didn’t happen in the peak of her career. I understand it must be tough in the industry she is in, but maybe just give in to being an older woman and accept it and try to enjoy your life. Also, she is not disfigured. Good Lord, you would think someone had thrown acid in her face.

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2021 3:05 AM

These before-and-after photos show how much she's changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2021 3:07 AM

She gets about $50,000/month for her French golden egg. Ever since she laid her egg, she has been eating and enjoying life as she never has to work again.

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote]It increased, not decreased, my fat cells

From R7's DM (ugh) photos one wonders if Linda was trying to SoftSculpt her whole body like the Iowa State Fair Butter Cow and ALL the fat cells went crazy.

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2021 3:12 AM

R27 But $50,000/month is only about $1,667/day and Linda famously said she only wakes up for $10,000 a day. That's quite a demotion.

by Anonymousreply 29September 23, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote]I'd wager it was her body, not her face that was disfigured.

That's what I imagine as well, I just read that some people develop hard lumps of fat at the treatment site and she mentioned Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia in her Instagram post.

This proposed class action suit refers to disfigurement and deformities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 23, 2021 3:16 AM

Haha.

by Anonymousreply 31September 23, 2021 3:28 AM

R7 Now she looks just like all of the other 50 something soccer moms I see at kids games. Not horrible, but clearly very average and middle aged. Oh and one more thing, no 50 year old white suburban looking housewife should be wearing a baseball cap out in public. Come on Linda, of all people, you know better than that.

by Anonymousreply 32September 23, 2021 3:35 AM

Linda Evangelista types fat.

by Anonymousreply 33September 23, 2021 3:40 AM

Her kid is 14. She is 56. She was paps with a normal body when he was a toddler. She got fat. She went for shitty procedures. With all her money she could have seen the best doctors in Paris or London and they would have warned her off the gimmicks. She got bumps of fat all over her torso and thighs, probably, everywhere she was trying to magically reduce. Then she got depressed and ate a LOT and got really overweight. The end.

by Anonymousreply 34September 23, 2021 3:41 AM

Covering hair loss from aging, I'm guessing, r32.

by Anonymousreply 35September 23, 2021 3:41 AM

She should've stuck to coke.

by Anonymousreply 36September 23, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote] The condition she mentions is real. But its not the whole story. She got fat ALL OVER. and she didn't have Coolsculpting on her fat face and neck, and everywhere. But, it's a pity. And a cautionary tale about cosmetic procedures.

OMG - she’s become the middle aged Veruca Salt. Better lay off the sweets, honey.

by Anonymousreply 37September 23, 2021 3:44 AM

Or ritalin. It's not rocket science. She's lucky she didn't have botched face surgery. The fat can be lippod out but its not perfect. A supermodel isn't going to be content with a bumpy body, not matter how old. I feel for her but she obviously doesn't tell the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 38September 23, 2021 3:46 AM

[quote] brutally disfigured… PAH not only destroyed my livelihood, it has sent me into a cycle of deep depression, profound sadness, and the lowest depths of self-loathing. In the process, I have become a recluse. It’s almost as if the only thing she finds admirable about herself is her (former) looks.

Yeah, what a shallow POS.

by Anonymousreply 39September 23, 2021 3:47 AM

Friends, I have an announcement to make.

I have also been disfigured*

*by a lifetime of poor nutritional choices and being sedentary.

by Anonymousreply 40September 23, 2021 3:49 AM

Here she is in 2012 at family court. Not fat.

by Anonymousreply 41September 23, 2021 3:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 23, 2021 3:51 AM

[quote] She is also in her 50s? I mean, at least it didn’t happen in the peak of her career. I understand it must be tough in the industry she is in, but maybe just give in to being an older woman and accept it and try to enjoy your life. Also, she is not disfigured. Good Lord, you would think someone had thrown acid in her face.

Exactly, or that she had had a boob job and suddenly looked like Tara Reid.

by Anonymousreply 43September 23, 2021 3:52 AM

Well, her nickname was always Evilangelista. She pulled some real horror shows backstage and on photo shoots.

by Anonymousreply 44September 23, 2021 3:52 AM

Just looks like ordinary weight gain to me. Not disfigurement.

by Anonymousreply 45September 23, 2021 3:56 AM

She looks like most of the women in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 46September 23, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote] Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia Syndrome

It wasn’t Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia Syndrome, it was Excessive Snackery Consumption Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 47September 23, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote] R27] But $50,000/month is only about $1,667/day and Linda famously said she only wakes up for $10,000 a day. That's quite a demotion.

Well, it’s not the 90’s anymore Linda, it’s called downsizing, deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 23, 2021 4:01 AM

[quote] She should've stuck to coke.

It would have worked, and been a whole hell of a lot more fun. Some people just never learn.

by Anonymousreply 49September 23, 2021 4:06 AM

r41 2012 was almost a decade ago, it's been awhile.

by Anonymousreply 50September 23, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote] Friends, I have an announcement to make. I have also been disfigured* *by a lifetime of poor nutritional choices and being sedentary. —Weep for me, DL

We weep for you and light a Krispy Kreme donut in your honor.

by Anonymousreply 51September 23, 2021 4:10 AM

You just know r41 uses 10 year old pics on Grindr and is then all agog when the twinks don't recognize him.

by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2021 4:11 AM

[quote] Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia Syndrome It wasn’t Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia Syndrome, it was Excessive Snackery Consumption Syndrome.

That’s a good one, that’s funny

by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2021 4:12 AM

If she had all that money, why would she do something like coolsculpting instead of getting old school work done?

Coolsculpting is strip-mall stuff, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2021 4:14 AM

A former co worker got lipo after her baby was born because she wanted to feel better about herself. She died on the table and her child grew up without her mother. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2021 4:26 AM

A treadmill for a time period each day and she’d be fine.

by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2021 7:45 AM

Coolsculpting is what’s in now. Probably why she did it.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2021 9:43 AM

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

She had one of the best walks in the 80's and 90's...now she could try showcasing one of the best waddles.

Also, fun fact: Carré Otis recently announced she's suing Linda's ex-husband for sexual assault.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2021 9:51 AM

And yet the bulimia and anorexia still prevalent in the fashion industry isn’t considered “disfiguring” or permanently “deforming”, its just what you do to stay camera-ready!

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2021 10:02 AM

I almost helmed a "salon" in which they did something similar...the "Zerona" laser sculpting. After i did their startup and got their office up and running, they laid me off and moved the new treatment to their current chiropractic/ayurdevic office in a different location. I hated them at the time because I gave up a well-paying government job (which I hated), but it launched me on the path to homelessness for about 9 months.

However, i'm glad i wasn't associated with it long-term. it sounds very similar and i wouldn't want to be associated with it if it had the same effects.

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2021 10:45 AM

You see, when it comes to aging, this is where being just average looking all of your life has its benefits.

Time & Gravity are equal opportunity dissipaters.

Yeah, Evangelista, in her prime with her big, arrogant mouth, flew too close to the Sun and made sure to Lord it over the rest of us mere mortals.

Still, I'll admit it. I feel a bit sorry for her now even though I agree with r47's hilarious observation.

I think both could be present ; that, and effects of the procedure. She may be stuck in a vicious circle: depression, and, eating-to-alleviate-depression.

by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2021 11:24 AM

I've always thought that she looked like David Bowie in drag, but her brothers are rather cute.

As for her "personal tragedy", I am having a very hard time commiserating her. There are people who have been evicted from their homes sleeping in the streets and children going hungry because their parents can't find a job, but we're meant to feel sorry for her because she can't walk alongside a bunch of overpaid, old clotheshorses? Please, JUST PLEASE.

Get several operations, get on a diet, hire a personal trainer and stop complaining, you poor rich little clotheshorse with pretensions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2021 11:39 AM

I'm sorry, miss. I have my own problems.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2021 12:03 PM

Linda and her wt issues aside, I like the idea at work with the retired supermodels "showing the new generation how its done" A part of me wishes Linda was in fighting form if nothing for the entertainment value of her being a bitch to the Hadids and other celebrity spawn in the show.

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote]Just looks like ordinary weight gain to me. Not disfigurement.

Did anyone read the OP? She didn't say anything about weight gain, she's talking about Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia.

This is disfigurement that requires liposuction to fix but even then you still wont look normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2021 12:59 PM

PAH image from "Paradoxical adipose hyperplasia secondary to cryolipolysis: An underreported entity?", published in the journal, [italic]Lasers in Surgery and Medicine.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2021 1:02 PM

Despite the glossy packaging, Linda is white trash through and through. Even though a lot of supermodels today come from wealthy backgrounds (which allows designers to save money), most of THE Supermodels came from middle class backgrounds. Christy probably had the most upper class existence, but that was only because her dad was an airline pilot. Anyway, Linda's genes were bound to catch up with her.

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2021 1:09 PM

R65, she seems to be blaming that condition for making her "unrecognizable" and keeping her from working. She's in her mid 50s, and if she thinks her face or weight gain is disfiguring she must have some kind of body dysmorphia or just be vain enough to want to stay looking 25 forever.

by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2021 1:13 PM

R67, you're saying social class is genetic??

by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2021 1:14 PM

So this is all pre-law$uit blathering.

by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2021 1:16 PM

When will this old slag just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 71September 23, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote]if she thinks her face or weight gain is disfiguring she must have some kind of body dysmorphia

She didn't say "weight gain is disfiguring" and did not even mention weight gain. People in this thread are fixated on unrelated pictures of her wearing heavy coats and are making assumptions that disregard what she said.

Per the OP, she said:

[quote]I have developed Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia or PAH, a risk of which I was not made aware before I had the procedures.

This causes you to develop hard lumps of fat like the image at R65.

The patient in the before/after images at the link below developed a lumpy abdomen after Coolsculpting, this is not weight gain, his body was disfigured and it still does not look normal after corrective surgery.

[quote]Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia (PAH) following Coolsculpting has been reported as a rare but significant coolsculpting complication. This side effect which leaves areas of fat that are uneven, larger and hard is likely more common than reported and may have a propensity in patients who have even slight weight gain following cryolipolisys (Coolsculpting) treatments. Patients report exaggerated fat growth in the areas treated by Coolsculpting which is disproportionate to fat growth in non-treated areas. This unfortunate side effect can result in deformities far worse than any concerns the patient had prior to surgery.

I'm not a fan of hers but talking to people who are ignoring what's written right in front of them is somewhat annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 23, 2021 1:33 PM

R7 OMG look at poor old, emaciated, anorexic Donatella in that pic. The woman hasn't eaten in 40 years. She's 1/3 of the size of the models.

by Anonymousreply 73September 23, 2021 1:35 PM

My partner’s sister in law is always going in for cool sculpting, cellulite treatments, body wraps, etc. She is 30 pounds overweight, hasn’t worked out in years, and eats everything in sight. The laziness annoys the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 74September 23, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote] It’s almost as if the only thing she finds admirable about herself is her (former) looks.

Her looks were her livelihood and her ticket into the glamorous life. She's been doing it for more than 30 years. Who is she without her looks? I can understand her anguish.

by Anonymousreply 75September 23, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote]I'm not a fan of hers but talking to people who are ignoring what's written right in front of them is somewhat annoying.

Welcome to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 76September 23, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote] A treadmill for a time period each day and she’d be fine.

Years of speed, diet pills, laxatives, bulimia and starving herself have f*cked her metabolism. She can't lose weight the traditional way. Certainly not at 50.

by Anonymousreply 77September 23, 2021 2:11 PM

She's not even vaguely unrecognisable. In the pictures she looks exactly like an overweight, fifty-ish Linda Evangelista.

She probably does have lumps and bumps from the procedure hidden under those clothes, but with women's clothes are varied as they are she could probably easily hide them under stylish clothes appropriate to her present weight.

The real problem here is that models (moreso even than all women) are trained to fixate on their physical imperfections. I agree she likely gained the weight from depression because she couldn't shift these particular imperfections. Just making them unnoticeable to the rest of the world wasn't enough. The answer, and the key to a life of happiness generally, is to think, for a change, about something more important than whether you look hot.

by Anonymousreply 78September 23, 2021 2:37 PM

No one here has any actual reason to believe she's lying about the Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia to cover up the fact that she just got "fat and lazy," yet you all sure seem to think you do.

She named the product in her article, she wouldn't have done that if Zeltiq hadn't actually given her Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia.

by Anonymousreply 79September 23, 2021 2:53 PM

I don't think she's lying about it, but she's definitely lying -- or rather, catastrophizing -- about being so disfigured she's unrecognisable. So my point that she should stop obsessing still stands.

I don't object to her suing the company if they've done her damage, which I'm sure they have; I'm just saying it would be less damage if she wasn't so fucked in the head about her looks.

by Anonymousreply 80September 23, 2021 2:58 PM

R72 - are you new here? Information literacy and plain old reading levels are low but people blab along brainlessly, irrelevantly. Then there are the 30% who perfectly understand the information provided, yet ignore it, to troll and snark.

by Anonymousreply 81September 23, 2021 3:00 PM

I don't think she was lying about being "unrecognizable" so much as she was making sure she used the exact term the cunty Daily Mail used about her.

As you all said, she's NOT unrecognizable, but the Fail said she was because they were cunting about her weight. That's what she's referencing. The Fail wouldn't have written that -- and half the replies here wouldn't have been posted -- had others not been obsessing about her looks already. It's hypocrisy to say she shouldn't obsess about them, too, especially when they're her livelihood.

It's not fucked in the head for her to miss working, especially with her contemporaries on various jobs they're getting during this current interest in 1990s models.

by Anonymousreply 82September 23, 2021 3:15 PM

Classic lipo doesn’t cost that much more than Coolsculpting. Laser lipo is a little bit more expensive. Lipo is safer using local anesthesia and mild sedation rather than general anesthesia.

by Anonymousreply 83September 23, 2021 3:21 PM

Who cares about Linda this Linda that. I am ex super model and ex most important lady in the world. My son is my husbands son. I take the bookings of Linda no problem. My body has no new lumps!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 23, 2021 3:24 PM

Gasp!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 23, 2021 3:30 PM

She just looks plump and aging, not disfigured. If she is disfigured on part of her body, she obviously could cover that up with clothes.

While something probably happened with the CoolSculpture, is she that vain that she's just using it as a talking point for why she's plump and aging?

by Anonymousreply 86September 23, 2021 3:34 PM

She could look like she did before if she just stops eating altogether and uses coke---like when she was a model

by Anonymousreply 87September 23, 2021 3:39 PM

Naomi Campbell has indicated (without going into detail) modeling has taken a toll on her body. I'd imagine that in addition to her weight, Linda is dealing with physical limitations caused by decades of work-related abuse.

by Anonymousreply 88September 23, 2021 4:23 PM

Bump, especially for stories about Linda EVILangelista!

by Anonymousreply 89September 23, 2021 4:26 PM

Translation - I got fat and rather than work out and exercise I tried cool sculpting. She is not permanently disfigured -

Fortunately, PAH is not life-threatening, and it is fully treatable with liposuction. However, patients who develop the condition have to live with a conspicuous bulge for about six to nine months until the fat softens enough to remove safely.

Interesting her insta links to her skincare line. boo hoo poor little rich white woman.

by Anonymousreply 90September 23, 2021 4:36 PM

R88, How much toll can modeling possibly take? They just walk down runways and pose for camera shots, right?

by Anonymousreply 91September 23, 2021 4:39 PM

Ya.. hmmm. Did she eat the cool sculpting machine?

by Anonymousreply 92September 23, 2021 4:39 PM

Please fuck off with the "poor white woman" crap.

It's still racism.

by Anonymousreply 93September 23, 2021 4:39 PM

Linda might not have been as nice as Claudia or Cindy, but she wasn't known for being a Naomi-level bitch either. Other than the, "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000..." quote, she seems to have been viewed as reliable and loyal. She was also known for walking in shows for lesser known designers each season, in order to support their careers.

Supposedly, of all the supermodels, Linda was the only one who viewed modeling itself as a career. Her runway style was built solely around how to best show the clothes, and she sought to inspire designers and makeup artists to do their best work. But she didn't really plan for a future outside of being a model (other than getting pregnant by a billionaire). She should've taken acting lessons or try to launch a makeup or hair dye line.

by Anonymousreply 94September 23, 2021 4:42 PM

Sure, let's nix that and let all the other racist crap against non-whites slide.

by Anonymousreply 95September 23, 2021 4:42 PM

She must feel especially cheated with all these other fiftysomething legacy beauties posting bikini images of themselves. Why did they win the cool sculpting sweepstakes and not her?

by Anonymousreply 96September 23, 2021 4:45 PM

R95 two wrongs don't make a right. And people do call out racism all the time. It's a cacaphony.

The whole "white woman" or "white man" is a lazy device and STILL racism, regardless of who is doing it. And it's often white people!

by Anonymousreply 97September 23, 2021 4:45 PM

R90, she already had surgery to try to correct the PAH and it didn't work

R97 sounds like a Republican who accuses non-whites of playing the victim while insisting that white people are the real victims. Tucker Carlson syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 98September 23, 2021 4:54 PM

She should sue Entenmann's next.

by Anonymousreply 99September 23, 2021 4:55 PM

I hope Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, and Aunt Jemima have good lawyers. They're next.

by Anonymousreply 100September 23, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote] Well, it’s not the 90’s anymore Linda, it’s called downsizing, deal with it.

Hey, that’s my line bitch

by Anonymousreply 101September 23, 2021 5:20 PM

She just looks overweight to me. At least she hasn’t botched her face the way Madonna has, or gotten ass implants like Khloe Kardashian.

If she went on a diet and lost 25 pounds she’d look fine.

by Anonymousreply 102September 23, 2021 5:20 PM

It's the use of the word "brutally" that I'm rolling my eyes at. As another poster said, it sounds like she had acid thrown in her face. I don't think developing pouches of fat where you tried to remove it is even remotely in the same league.

by Anonymousreply 103September 23, 2021 5:26 PM

So she got old and fat.

Join the club, Karen!

by Anonymousreply 104September 23, 2021 5:28 PM

[quote]While something probably happened with the CoolSculpture, is she that vain that she's just using it as a talking point for why she's plump and aging?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 105September 23, 2021 5:34 PM

Any publicity is good. This story will get people talking about her. I’ll bet she just hired Jen Aniston’s PR people.

by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2021 5:36 PM

R91 Modeling isn't a sustainable career because of the health and lifestyle costs on the mind and body.

What we know is piecemeal, but she was really into coke, and a smoker so may have heart problems, COPD, pre emphysema, etc. All of which would impact her ability to work out. She was also one who always had champagne in hand, not sure how well her liver function is, or the overall organ value function in her body. Especially if she was bulimic (probably the worst eating disorder in terms of stress to the body), or if she was starving herself. Adema? Glandular disorder? Thyroid or blood disorders? Many of those factors would limit surgical options bc of heart/ anesthesia risks.

Or she may have just hit a genetic wall as everyone's longevity is a crapshoot.

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2021 5:39 PM

[quote]She looks like most of the women in Pennsylvania.

She’s about one-fifth the size of an average Pennsylvania woman.

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2021 5:47 PM

R98 I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you'd accuse me of being a right winger - except that it's so sadly predictable and boring. Lazy fallacious argument and totally absolves you of arguing the actual point, because you know your view is indefensible with real logic.

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2021 5:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2021 6:19 PM

CoolSculpting was a lot of money down the drain for me. I saw no results from it.

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2021 6:27 PM

She has a son named Augie.

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2021 6:38 PM

Uma Thurman and Linda have overshared confessionals that leave off half the story.

by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote] CoolSculpting was a lot of money down the drain for me. I saw no results from it.

Maybe you dodged a bullet, though. It "did no harm" at least, in your case.

by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2021 6:42 PM

R109 uses fallacious arguments while accusing others of doing the same. If you don't want people to think you're a Republican, stop trying to play the "white victimhood" card

by Anonymousreply 115September 23, 2021 6:44 PM

R106, she's hardly made any public appearances in the past 5 years, not exactly the behavior of someone who wants publicity

by Anonymousreply 116September 23, 2021 6:46 PM

^ That's because she fat.

by Anonymousreply 117September 23, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote] But she didn't really plan for a future outside of being a model (other than getting pregnant by a billionaire)

That was her plan - to get a billionaire to support her, which he is. Do you think these models randomly get impregnated by billionaires?

by Anonymousreply 118September 23, 2021 6:58 PM

Oh, never randomly.

by Anonymousreply 119September 23, 2021 7:01 PM

She and Meisel should do a sequel to this legendary editorial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 23, 2021 7:08 PM

She certainly hasn’t aged as well as Christy and Naomi have:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2021 7:12 PM

She just looks like she got old and fat.

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2021 7:15 PM

R118, why don't these billionaires use condoms when they hook up with women they aren't married to?

by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2021 7:38 PM

A lot of the act of having sex with women seems to be humiliating them. I could see a billionaire thinking it's nothing to have to pay child support if they can brag about cumming in a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2021 7:54 PM

R124. Well, François-Henri Pinault balked at paying Evangelista what she wanted and their case went to trial - for a day before Pinault realized he didn't want his dirty laundry aired in such an indiscreet manner and quickly settled (this is the dude that was fucking Evangelista and Hayek at the same time, without condms and both got pregnant).

Hayek apparently didn't care who her boyfriend was fucking as long as she got the ring and will get some type of settlement negotiated in advance.

by Anonymousreply 125September 23, 2021 7:57 PM

R124 I think the more appropriate word is conquest or domination which is characteristic of social animal's behavioral biology. Its present among females too, like how all the queen candidates in a bee hive will fight to death as there can only be one queen.

by Anonymousreply 126September 23, 2021 8:07 PM

Salma Hayek better have secured some assets from Pinault in advance. This guy sounds horrible. Linda Evangelista had to drag him to court for child support. IMO, take a paternity test (DNA), settle on a monthly amount, and pay up. Yes, LE knew that she was getting impregnated by a wealthy man, but too bad for him. He rolled the dice with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 23, 2021 8:57 PM

R115 You are nuts. Where did I do any of that? I said that the "white people" meme was tired AND racist.

You were wrong, you can't support your stupid racist argument, so you're going to the ad hominems and (now) strawmen. You can't admit you were wrong, of course, so you just gotta keep digging.

Get your head out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 128September 23, 2021 9:48 PM

R128, why don't YOU take a logic class? Or a history class. Or a politics class. If you did, you'd learn that white people aren't victims. No matter what Tucker Carlson tells you.

by Anonymousreply 129September 24, 2021 12:04 AM

Seriously, how much of a Republican do you have to be to think a white people meme is some horrible act of racism?

by Anonymousreply 130September 24, 2021 12:06 AM

I’m so glad I’m a gay woman, R124/R126.

by Anonymousreply 131September 24, 2021 1:26 AM

[quote]R78 She probably does have lumps and bumps from the procedure, but she could probably easily hide them under stylish clothes appropriate to her present weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 24, 2021 1:29 AM

R129/R130 do you say anything that isn't false and hyperbolic?

I recognize your arguing style. It's basically "I know you are but what am I?" You aren't even smart enough to come up with your own counterarguments.

Get off the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 133September 24, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote] she seems to be blaming that condition for making her "unrecognizable" and keeping her from working. She's in her mid 50s, and if she thinks her face or weight gain is disfiguring she must have some kind of body dysmorphia or just be vain enough to want to stay looking 25 forever

To be fair, Naomi, Kate, Christy, Carla, Claudia and Elle are still working models and looking great.

I assume they went down the standard starvation-and-Botox route

by Anonymousreply 134September 24, 2021 3:59 AM

I guess she’s going to have to go live below an opera house and dedicate her life to playing the organ. It’s never too late to start over.

by Anonymousreply 135September 24, 2021 4:00 AM

Perhaps she and Andre Leon Talley can share caftans and discuss how fabulous they once were.

by Anonymousreply 136September 24, 2021 4:10 AM

Helena Christensen has aged the worst. Too much sun? She looks like a mummified corpse.

by Anonymousreply 137September 24, 2021 4:57 AM

You didn't see Helena thirsty photos a few weeks ago looking somewhat stunning and super thirsty?

by Anonymousreply 138September 24, 2021 4:58 AM

I don't get out of bed for less than 10,000 calories a day.

by Anonymousreply 139September 24, 2021 5:12 AM

Of all the supermodels lot, Naomi, IMO, is the most well put. Her figure and face haven't changed much over the years. Her choice of the black, straight mid-part hair and her slender figure makes her look very statuesque. I'm sure she got some fillers on her cheeks, but the woman is definitely doing it right.

by Anonymousreply 140September 24, 2021 5:16 AM

[quote] R91] Modeling isn't a sustainable career because of the health and lifestyle costs on the mind and body. What we know is piecemeal, but she was really into coke, and a smoker so may have heart problems, COPD, pre emphysema, etc. All of which would impact her ability to work out. She was also one who always had champagne in hand, not sure how well her liver function is, or the overall organ value function in her body. Especially if she was bulimic (probably the worst eating disorder in terms of stress to the body), or if she was starving herself. Adema? Glandular disorder? Thyroid or blood disorders? Many of those factors would limit surgical options bc of heart/ anesthesia risks. Or she may have just hit a genetic wall as everyone's longevity is a crapshoot.

Good god, she sounds like an absolute mess.

by Anonymousreply 141September 24, 2021 5:23 AM

Black don't crack.

by Anonymousreply 142September 24, 2021 5:31 AM

[quote] Perhaps she and Andre Leon Talley can share caftans and discuss how fabulous they once were.

Yes, and make prank phone calls to Anna Wintour while eating Doritos and drinking beers and constantly farting. A glorious afternoon indeed.

by Anonymousreply 143September 24, 2021 5:36 AM

[quote] I don't get out of bed for less than 10,000 calories a day.

That’s a good one, that’s funny and supremely cunty.

by Anonymousreply 144September 24, 2021 5:37 AM

It just looks like she gained some weight and got older.

by Anonymousreply 145September 24, 2021 5:45 AM

She was never that attractive to begin with. She had style and it carried her far.

by Anonymousreply 146September 24, 2021 6:03 AM

[Quote]funny and supremely cunty.

Thanks, r144. That's pretty much my whole personality.

by Anonymousreply 147September 24, 2021 6:46 AM

Yeah who does she think she was? Queen of Sheba? She was a total dog. A bagger.

by Anonymousreply 148September 24, 2021 7:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 24, 2021 7:58 AM

She was looking puffy before the disfiguring treatment so I can’t really see what the big drama is about. Something changed with her hairline too. In her heyday she was very thin and I guess she’s one of those beautiful faces that lose their looks when they gain weight. Grace Kelly was the same.

by Anonymousreply 150September 24, 2021 8:39 AM

Shalom Harlow makeup free is pretty and not trying to look younger than her age

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 24, 2021 10:00 AM

[quote] Perhaps she and Andre Leon Talley can share caftans and discuss how fabulous they once were.

Andre could share his. He’s a big tent party.

by Anonymousreply 152September 24, 2021 11:04 AM

Harlow for Chanel:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 24, 2021 6:11 PM

Harlow’s face was even more beautiful yet unique than Linda’s. Mainly because Harlow had an old-fashioned look that could be modern at the same time. Linda’s best photoshoots were modern, at-the-moment themed. Shalom Harlow could do a 1920s-inspired spread just as easily as. a feature on avant-garde designers.

by Anonymousreply 154September 24, 2021 6:33 PM

Yes, Naomi's hairline has receded quite a bit. Nothing wrong with wearing wigs, but her wigs sometimes look as if they were plopped on her head.

by Anonymousreply 155September 24, 2021 6:55 PM

Really, the image at R8 is staged to make her look her worst, the same way kids hold flashlights under their chins to make their faces look monstrous.

Phoo, Linda. Didn't you ever hear of investments and living moderately until the returns are safer?

by Anonymousreply 156September 24, 2021 7:04 PM

She’s obviously pissed that Naomi and Christy are still getting modeling gigs at their age. Linda probably thought they would retire too, but maybe now she wants in on some of the action. But she’s too fat, so she concocted this CoolSculpting story to excuse her poor eating habits.

by Anonymousreply 157September 24, 2021 7:17 PM

R157 reading skills? the best explanation is the cool sculpting is NOT concocted. Its a documented condition. But she ALSO got fat. So she talks about one, but not the other issue.

by Anonymousreply 158September 24, 2021 7:25 PM

She was really dumb to do this procedure if she was a bit fat.

With the current body positivity fad she could have walked the runway even if curvy or overweight. With her fame she could have been a positive role model for more curvaceous women on the runway.

Too bed she disfigured herself by trying to maintain a 25 year old body.

by Anonymousreply 159September 24, 2021 7:41 PM

Her face still looks good. Isabella Rosselini modeled for Lancôme cosmetics, IIRC. Isabella wasn't skinny.

by Anonymousreply 160September 24, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote]Her face still looks good.

It really doesn’t look that great. Her sharp bone structure was her greatest asset, and now you can’t see any of it under the fat.

by Anonymousreply 161September 24, 2021 8:35 PM

Why didn’t she diet and get Lipo? Probably she wanted to be like all those lying bitches in Hollywood who say “I’ve never had surgery! Or been under the knife!” Pride goeth before the fall.

by Anonymousreply 162September 24, 2021 8:36 PM

[quote]Boo fuckin’ hoo , Linda. She was a bitch on the way up AND the way down.

Comments like this are why I keep coming back to DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 163September 24, 2021 8:39 PM

Typically many DLers live in a magic world where time stands still. Linda seems to suffer from this as well. Linda walked off the runway as a working model a LONG time ago, as did all the other supermodels except Naomi, who walked 10 years longer than her peers. Moss worked after the other "retired" as well. Linda is FULL of shit about her career being destroyed because the main earning years were behind her.

NOW, all the supermodels do occasional work. Walk here and there. The are "celebrity appearances" basically. "Bringing back the legends". I think Christy was the one who had beauty contracts after they dried up for the others. Some of them might still get work as Revlon legends L'oreal legends, that sort of thing. They haven't been high flying supermodels in decades.

The higher paid models of 2020, and you won't want to hear this, old people, were Kendall Jenner, the Hadids, Doutzen Kroes, Joan Smalls, and even Cara still get contracts. I'm not talking about runway but total - so who is getting the advertising contracts. Not the ancient supermodels, my dears.

Linda doesn't need to be jealous of her peers "cause they are still flying high" - you've totally invented that. None of them are flying high. Some are still beautiful and viable, but they are not the well paid models of today. Movie stars get a lot of the contracts. Kristen Stewart for example has made a fortune as the image of brands.

by Anonymousreply 164September 24, 2021 8:50 PM

Unfortunately, she has one of those faces that looked stunning when she was super-thin. But now it just looks meh at an average weight. Certainly she doesn’t look like a former supermodel, especially since she’s prone to avoiding makeup and wearing baggy clothes. That’s fine if that’s what she wants to do, but it’s a little hypocritical for her to complain about the media calling her “unrecognizable”… when it fact she could easily be mistaken for any average upper-middle-class suburban woman next store.

by Anonymousreply 165September 24, 2021 11:05 PM

Maybe with her hair loose around her face and some contouring makeup she would look better. Hair up, no makeup and a caftan does nobody any favors. She was always odd looking but made it work for her when she was young and in shape, but now her face just looks homely.

by Anonymousreply 166September 25, 2021 12:35 AM

[quote]R166 Hair up, no makeup and a caftan does nobody any favors.

How dare you, Sir ? !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 25, 2021 2:10 AM

OT - did you all know there’s a clip-on manbun you can buy now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 25, 2021 2:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 25, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] R7] OMG look at poor old, emaciated, anorexic Donatella in that pic. The woman hasn't eaten in 40 years. She's 1/3 of the size of the models.

That’s not true. She had a tic tac, a sunflower seed and a half a glass of celery juice just last week. She’s just fine.

by Anonymousreply 170September 25, 2021 4:02 AM

[quote] Yes, Naomi's hairline has receded quite a bit. Nothing wrong with wearing wigs, but her wigs sometimes look as if they were plopped on her head.

She needs to take a queue from Linda’s playbook, and just start wearing black baseball caps everywhere she goes. Apparently it’s the height of fashion.

by Anonymousreply 171September 25, 2021 4:07 AM

Miss, with all due respect I have my own problems.

by Anonymousreply 172September 25, 2021 4:11 AM

[quote] She’s obviously pissed that Naomi and Christy are still getting modeling gigs at their age. Linda probably thought they would retire too, but maybe now she wants in on some of the action. But she’s too fat, so she concocted this CoolSculpting story to excuse her poor eating habits.

Hey, I resent that. I’ll have you know that I have cut way back. I’m down to just a half a bag of Doritos a day now and only one pint of Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey. I’ve even given up real half and half in my coffee and gone to some vile artificial shelf stable white powder to save a few calories. Hell, I don’t even indulge in a Mtn Dew anymore for an afternoon pick me up. So fuck you bitch, I’m putting forth a god damn full court press on this.

by Anonymousreply 173September 25, 2021 4:22 AM

I always hated her nose.

by Anonymousreply 174September 25, 2021 6:45 AM

Agreed r174. Her nose is rather sharpish. In fact all her features were kind of sharpish, but it all worked together.

Some people age well, some don't.

I'm just shocked she would use some fairly unproven laser treatment instead of getting good ol' lipo.

by Anonymousreply 175September 25, 2021 7:41 AM

It all about the lights

by Anonymousreply 176September 25, 2021 7:59 AM

R59 “It’s a great way to lose pounds before a show!” —Hansel & Derek

by Anonymousreply 177September 25, 2021 8:15 AM

She would be wise to avoid any procedures on her face. She could EASILY turn into Lara Flynn Boyle:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178September 25, 2021 11:04 AM

She had cool sculpting on her chin and developed the stick of butter effect. It can be removed with Lipo but you have to wait for the fat to loosen which she probably didn't. Cool sculpt is not really for the chin. There are injectibles that will remove the fat but it swells for a few weeks and actually looks bigger so she probably did not want that.

FYI did you know cool sculpting was discovered after a man was rescued from (I believe) Mount Everest? He suffered severe frostbite on his abdomen (skin was black) as it healed the doctors noticed the body fat did not come back...I mean severe way to get six pack but that is how its origins started.

by Anonymousreply 179September 25, 2021 7:11 PM

Linda is engaging in a money grab. She gets around $50,000 month for child support from Salma Hayek's husband. She is far better off than many of her colleagues, thanks to her fabulous and successful efforts to get impregnated by a billionaire. She was married, and with many men - but it was only the billionaire that could successfully shoot sperm into her fallopian tubes. Fancy that!

by Anonymousreply 180September 25, 2021 11:03 PM

Thats 600K a year. Taxable. Many of her peers have millions upon millions. Seymour has 100 million.

by Anonymousreply 181September 25, 2021 11:05 PM

Seymour MARRIED the billionaire! Of course she is worth a lot - thanks to alimony and child support!

None of those supermodels are worth 100 million, none of them would be hustling for gigs. Rich folks don't hustle.

by Anonymousreply 182September 25, 2021 11:16 PM

"In August 1993, Rose sued Seymour claiming she assaulted him and stole more than $100,000 worth of jewelry.[14] Seymour countersued claiming he was physically abusive.[16] Seymour subpoenaed Erin Everly, Rose's ex-wife, to testify that she was also abused by him.[17] The lawsuits were eventually settled."

Seymour has spent her life, beginning at age 15 fucking rich men, stealing from them and marrying some of them. She is an exceptional grifter and her financial nest egg has nothing to do with modeling, but rather alimony/child support/settlements/theft.

by Anonymousreply 183September 25, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote]CoolSculpting and CoolSculpting Elite may cause a visible enlargement in the treated area, which may develop 2 to 5 months after treatment and requires surgical intervention for correction.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 25, 2021 11:30 PM

I don't think child support is taxable. At least not in the US. It's also not deductible for the person who pays it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 25, 2021 11:32 PM

I mentioned Seymour net worth because the was a successful gold digger. Linda - not so much. I mean 600k a year is good but not like her peers. Heidi Klum wasn't even a supermodel and managed to turn her "top model" status into entertainment gold - 100-200 million.

R180 stupidly claims Linda is far better off than her peers and thats complete bullshit. Crawford probably has 200 million of her own money. Plus Randy's.

by Anonymousreply 186September 26, 2021 12:01 AM

I am surprised Seymour got Brandt to marry her, she must have an amazing vagina as everyone knew she had been selling herself for drugs/dollars to the highest bidders.

Not surprised her son offed himself on drugs. When you are raised by a drug addled idiot and a sociopath, what can be expected?

by Anonymousreply 187September 26, 2021 12:26 AM

R182, I'd wager Cindy Crawford is worth more than $100M...especially since she lives in a community property state and her husband amassed his fortune AFTER they got married (the tequila company he started with George Clooney sold for almost $1B). Besides, throughout her career in the 90's, Cindy was always in a class of her own in terms of the highest earning models. Christy made the most strictly based on campaigns and contracts, but Cindy made far more based on endorsements, her workout videos, and her skincare line.

by Anonymousreply 188September 26, 2021 1:23 AM

I’ve never heard about anyone buying or drinking the George Clooney tequila. Sounds like money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 189September 26, 2021 1:26 AM

Exactly R188. The only models that have millions married rich men. The others have to hustle. Like Turlington. Her actor husband became irrelevant over 20 years ago. He has some minor TV shows, but nothing that would pay in the millions. She hustles with a skin care line and some modeling gigs. She is comfortably middle class, nothing more,

by Anonymousreply 190September 26, 2021 1:35 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 26, 2021 1:43 AM

I only knew about it because I saw on Inside Edition when Mama June got cool sculpting on her chin and neck (that was before her weight loss surgery and plastic surgeries)

by Anonymousreply 192September 26, 2021 1:44 AM

And omg, that poor whittled down nose!

Free Turlington's nose!

by Anonymousreply 193September 26, 2021 1:44 AM

Cindy Crawford spent years hawking this shit on QVC:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 26, 2021 2:28 AM

Hard to believe, but Meaningful Beauty has been around for 23 years at this point. Forbes estimates Cindy Crawford's net worth is $225M. That easily makes her the most independently wealthy of the Supermodels...and combined with her husband's money she might be doing even better than Stephanie Seymour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 26, 2021 4:41 AM

She looks like Michael Phelps in a wig in that depiction at R195.

by Anonymousreply 196September 26, 2021 1:39 PM

R196, it's amazing how masculine her look turned as she aged. That's not just a bad illustration in the link I posted. Cindy really does look like Caitlyn Jenner's twin.

by Anonymousreply 197September 26, 2021 1:57 PM

Linda started gaining weight in 2014

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 26, 2021 2:09 PM

Bland, pleasant features age far better than unique beauties. This is why it is better to be cute than gorgeous in youth in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 199September 26, 2021 2:14 PM

[quote]it's amazing how masculine her look turned as she aged. That's not just a bad illustration in the link I posted. Cindy really does look like Caitlyn Jenner's twin.

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 200September 26, 2021 2:26 PM

R198 she doesn't look well in the picture. She looks high, too. And botched eye lifts.

by Anonymousreply 201September 26, 2021 2:31 PM

Visit the triptych at the Met: "The Disfiguration of Linda Evangelista"

by Anonymousreply 202September 26, 2021 4:23 PM

It looks like Linda Evangelista has been living on Little Debbies and getting questionable plastic surgery since 2014. She can’t bland this all on Cool Sculpting

by Anonymousreply 203September 26, 2021 4:28 PM

She probably stopped doing coke some years ago when she quit modeling, and now her metabolism is all messed up.

by Anonymousreply 204September 26, 2021 4:57 PM

Cindy C. also morphing into Jennifer Garner.

by Anonymousreply 205September 26, 2021 5:14 PM

Jennifer Garner is another person that looks more masculine as she ages. Many of these women would look better with a few extra pounds so their features don’t look as harsh.

by Anonymousreply 206September 26, 2021 8:58 PM

[quote]Many of these women would look better with a few extra pounds so their features don’t look as harsh.

Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 207September 26, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] Why didn’t she diet and get Lipo? Probably she wanted to be like all those lying bitches in Hollywood who say “I’ve never had surgery! Or been under the knife!” Pride goeth before the fall.

Let’s face it, Linda was a fuck’n lazy bitch, and didn’t want to have to do anything that required even an ounce of work. She wanted the easy way out, without any effort or commitment. Guess what Ms. Linda, sometimes that approach comes back to bite you in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 208September 26, 2021 10:48 PM

Clearly, her infamous, “I don’t get out of bed quite…” was actually meant to give some insight into her general work ethic.

by Anonymousreply 209September 26, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote] Linda is engaging in a money grab. She gets around $50,000 month for child support from Salma Hayek's husband. She is far better off than many of her colleagues, thanks to her fabulous and successful efforts to get impregnated by a billionaire. She was married, and with many men - but it was only the billionaire that could successfully shoot sperm into her fallopian tubes. Fancy that!

Oh she was very very particular about who’s seed she was willing to take for this task. Not just any Tom, Dick or Harry’s jizz was good enough for Linda or offered the long term benefits that billionaire seed could.

by Anonymousreply 210September 26, 2021 10:59 PM

R210: Keep in mind she married the head of Elite’s Paris office (which was the top modeling agency during her heyday) in order to advance her career.

by Anonymousreply 211September 26, 2021 11:09 PM

Linda was the FACE of NorthPark here in Dallas from the Late Eighties through the 2000s!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212September 26, 2021 11:49 PM

Linda Evangelista: The Face of NorthPark!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 26, 2021 11:49 PM

I wonder if she'll become like Doctor Doom now, and wear a medieval iron mask while wreaking scientific vengeance on the world because of her hideous disfigurement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 26, 2021 11:53 PM

Watching the old runway videos from the '90s (there are a couple of other threads about '90s models), I am liking Linda's face a lot. Even from a distance, her face was really expressive. Alas, I guess it was supposed to be about the clothes. I can see why the designers felt like the models were too powerful at that time.

by Anonymousreply 215September 27, 2021 12:00 AM

R212, she doesn't look to happy about it in that picture

by Anonymousreply 216September 27, 2021 11:53 PM

She had a kid. Sitting home with him, she probably gained about a half a pound to one pound a month. After 3 years it's 30 pounds. After 5 years it's probably 50 pounds

by Anonymousreply 217September 28, 2021 12:39 AM

Carmen Dell'orefice is 80 and she still works. Linda could have done the same but apart from the weight gain one suspects there are health issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 28, 2021 5:48 AM

Capucine worked up until the end. This was taken 2 months before her death at 62.

So just stay thin, gorgeous bitches. Thin no matter what.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 28, 2021 5:54 AM

What a beautiful woman, r218. I’m going to show that photo to my 72 year old mother. She needs to grow her hair out a little.

by Anonymousreply 220September 28, 2021 1:52 PM

Ah Carmen. She partied with Madoff and was in on his scheme. Of course she lost her illegal millions when Madoff was arrested. That is why she is still hustling.

In 1994, with what little money she had left, and with money from boyfriend Norman Levy, she invested with notorious financial fraud Bernie Madoff. For twelve years, Ruth and Bernie Madoff and Dell'Orefice and Norman Levy were a "foursome", traveling and partying together on lavish yachts. Levy died in 2005, at age 93, and Madoff was the executor of his will. Levy had $244 million in assets at the time of his death, according to Dell'Orefice. Madoff's fraudulent investment scheme drew on these funds to lure over 13,500 individuals and charities to his Ponzi scheme.[12] She continued to socialize with the Madoffs after Levy's death.

by Anonymousreply 221September 28, 2021 1:55 PM

Carmen was undeniably beautiful, but in her later years she started going overboard with the cosmetic procedures.

by Anonymousreply 222September 28, 2021 2:18 PM

Poor Linda. It didn't have to end this way.

by Anonymousreply 223September 28, 2021 7:45 PM

I hope she got vaxxed. Her obesity puts her at higher risk.

by Anonymousreply 224September 28, 2021 7:48 PM

Motherfucker. I clicked on that link on R168, and now every time I go into my Amazon account it recommends man-bun wigs for me to purchase.

by Anonymousreply 225September 28, 2021 8:15 PM

Evangelista had a REALLY interesting look in her modeling prime. And that's why she was a supermodel - striking and original. That said, it some shots, she's almost alien. Yes, she was a supermodel - and in some pics she looks marginally beautiful. But, in other shots she really doesn't. And she never, ever looked "hot" (there's almost an asexuality, though she's not the only model that applies to) or "cute."

DL always has good convos about modeling and the different generations. Heidi Klum, IMO, is the antithesis of Linda E. Tall and thin, sure, but "real" and definitely hot and cute.

by Anonymousreply 226September 28, 2021 8:32 PM

"I’ve never heard about anyone buying or drinking the George Clooney tequila. Sounds like money laundering. "

It's not great tequila but it's distributed broadly and people definitely drink it.

by Anonymousreply 227September 28, 2021 8:36 PM

Heidi Klum is a leather-skinned skeletal creature of little beauty.

by Anonymousreply 228September 28, 2021 9:44 PM

I meant younger Klum. "Was" hot and cute.

by Anonymousreply 229September 28, 2021 9:57 PM

Yeah, Linda always struck me as only being appealing to gay men. She always struck me as the kind of woman whose looks only really appeal on a broad level to gay men and straight woman into high fashion. That's not to say particular straight men wouldn't find her attractive, but she wouldn't seem to have a 'universal' appeal the way a Cindy Crawford or Claudia Schiffer would. I never thought she would be in any way appealing to straight guys. I was surprised when she hooked up with Kyle McLachlen (and made me wonder if he was gay).

Also from what I've heard of her story, she always struck me as the 'Joan Crawford' of modelling, in that she clawed and climbed her way to the top. Most other top models story are that they fell into the profession because of their looks, someone 'discovered' them and they were on there way, which seems as it should be. I find Linda's ambition to be a top model strange because really it doesn't seem to be a field that a person should be really ambitious about, you either have a look or you don't. Even acting requires skill, but really with modelling there's no virtue in being successful, it's just luck of the genetic lottery.

by Anonymousreply 230September 28, 2021 10:00 PM

Lol she’s way too old for a career

by Anonymousreply 231September 28, 2021 10:06 PM

Linda is from North!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 28, 2021 10:38 PM

Beslow sought to shoot holes in Pinault's argument that he treats Augie as well as he treats his other three children. Beslow noted that Pinault spent 260,000 euros on gifts in 2010. Only two of those gifts were for Augie, he noted last Friday, one of which Pinault cited as being from FAO Schwartz, "a piano thing," he said.

Valentina, Pinault's daughter with actress Salma Hayek, has been taken on a $52,000 12-day vacation to Bora Bora and has a $12 million Los Angeles home in a trust for her.

by Anonymousreply 233September 28, 2021 11:02 PM

She had grit and guts. She let her long hair get chopped into a short crop. It was big news at a time when models were supposed to have long hair. She faced mass cancellations right after, then the tide turned and her career totally went into the stratosphere. With long hair, she looked like every other model but the short hair… followed by experimenting with different colors was really smart for the era.

by Anonymousreply 234September 28, 2021 11:13 PM

Haha, the French fucker was ordered by the LA judge to fork over extra money for the golden egg's vacations and need for security. Lucky Linda, she gets to vacation at Four Seasons and fuck the hot security for her egg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 28, 2021 11:16 PM

You all raise a good point...while her beauty was appreciated by gay men and fashion insiders, she had zero crossover appeal. Cindy, Claudia, and Naomi landed on the radar of straight men...Christy became the woman you always saw in perfume commercials...and Karen, Yasmeen, and Stephanie Seymour were among the first models uses by Victoria's Secret to take their brand to the next level in the 90's.

Other than a few Clairol commercials, Linda never enjoyed mainstream success on the same level as her peers.

by Anonymousreply 236September 28, 2021 11:29 PM

[quote]I find Linda's ambition to be a top model strange because really it doesn't seem to be a field that a person should be really ambitious about, you either have a look or you don't.

That’s the thing with her. She didn’t have ambition to use modeling as a way to get into acting or be a celebrity in another dimension. She literally just loved the clothes and fashion and she wanted to succeed as a model and that’s it with her.

by Anonymousreply 237September 28, 2021 11:37 PM

If you people don't think modeling is cutthroat, you're delusional.

These bitches are backstabbing day and night.

It's not just some fun, after-school part-time job that they luck into because a modeling agent saw them shopping at Wet Seal at the mall.

Delusional.

#TeamEvangelista!

by Anonymousreply 238September 28, 2021 11:43 PM

Yasmeen married a rich rocker, the Hungry like the Wolf song guy. That is why we don't see her out and hustling. She is set for life.

by Anonymousreply 239September 28, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote]She had grit and guts.

Yeah, that’s her appeal. She’s descended from salt-of-the-earth Italian peasants. She lucked out with being tall and having a unique face, and she had ambition and used it to her advantage. She’s not conventionally beautiful but she had a face and body that worked for high-fashion and avant-garde styles… and she was the right look at the right time.

She should be happy with what she achieved, and accept that she was bound to gain weight and lose her striking looks over time. No big deal. She stopped modeling a long time ago, not sure why she’s making such a fuss about it now.

by Anonymousreply 240September 28, 2021 11:44 PM

R237, she was known for having a steady, flawless walk that a way of showing off the clothes, and by all accounts she worked hard at achieving it. She knew which poses presented her in the best way. She was willing to work with any designer, photographer, and make-up artist. I never really thought of it before, but every model seems to want to be something else (actress, singer, writer, TV presenter). She really is the only one of the Supermodels who focused solely on modeling.

by Anonymousreply 241September 28, 2021 11:49 PM

She really loved fashion. She was basically a gay man in a woman’s body that only appealed to gay men.

by Anonymousreply 242September 28, 2021 11:52 PM

r241

by Anonymousreply 243September 28, 2021 11:55 PM

R239:

When people say Yasmeen, they're referring to Yasmeen Ghuari. Yasmin Le Bon is who married Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran.

Yasmeen was one of THE Supermodels. Yasmin was a successful model in that era who was friends with the top girls, but mostly appeared on Elle covers and in a few campaigns here and there.

by Anonymousreply 244September 29, 2021 12:09 AM

r244

by Anonymousreply 245September 29, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote]When people say Yasmeen, they're referring to Yasmeen Ghuari. Yasmin Le Bon is who married Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran.

No, they mean Yasmine Bleeth:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246September 29, 2021 12:17 AM

Whatever. The Yasmin that married the rocker got wealthy and has lived in luxury ever since. The others, not so much. So Duran Yasmin won the battle of the yasmins.

by Anonymousreply 247September 29, 2021 12:38 AM

She's FAT. Time and gravity take their toll on the best of us - including you Linda! You've had your day in the Sun - then the clouds start rolling in, night falls, then, finally - curtains. Count your blessings Linda - you're only in your 50's with maybe 30 years left. You can be FAT or THIN but you'll never be young AND thin again! BTW, the Andre' Leon Talley capes do you no favors. Cheers Girl!

by Anonymousreply 248September 29, 2021 12:56 AM

Clooney's booze brand was barely seen when the billion dollar sale was announced. Now you see it every where.

It's overpriced for the quality of the booze.

by Anonymousreply 249September 29, 2021 1:00 AM

R249

by Anonymousreply 250September 29, 2021 1:01 AM

" If you people don't think modeling is cutthroat, you're delusional.

These bitches are backstabbing day and night.

It's not just some fun, after-school part-time job that they luck into because a modeling agent saw them shopping at Wet Seal at the mall. "

I completely agree it's not an easy job at all, but a handful of the supermodels really did "luck into" it by being randomly discovered.

by Anonymousreply 251September 29, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote] Clooney's booze brand was barely seen when the billion dollar sale was announced. Now you see it every where.

No. You literally see it nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 252September 29, 2021 1:28 AM

As a sipping tequila, Clooney's brand isn't bad. It goes down easy with a nice, if a tad too cloying, vanilla finish. I prefer Don Julio.

by Anonymousreply 253September 29, 2021 1:34 AM

I actually think the younger, blanco Casamigos is better than the reposado or anejo. Some people think if it's aged longer it's necessarily better. But with tequila it just means it's different. There's great, middling, and awful tequilas at every age level. I like Don Julio better as well.

by Anonymousreply 254September 29, 2021 1:42 AM

[quote] I completely agree it's not an easy job at all, but a handful of the supermodels really did "luck into" it by being randomly discovered.

All the Harvey Weinstein girls just lucked into acting too. It was really amazing

by Anonymousreply 255September 29, 2021 3:52 AM

Joan Severance. The 70s supermodel who reinvented herself in the 90s as a B-movie actress, was the Linda before there was a Linda. She is 7 years older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 29, 2021 4:15 AM

I’m Sure she could even find someone interested in being with fat Linda Evangelista and she’s rich. Life is good for her she just has to either go on a diet or become comfortable in her own skin.

by Anonymousreply 257September 29, 2021 4:33 AM

I want to feel bad for her because she's suffering emotionally. But the fact that she's now average looking is what she can't handle? I guess most adults are disfigured in her eyes. What a terrible thing she must see when she confronts humanity--anyone who is not a supermodel is disfigured according to Linda.

by Anonymousreply 258September 29, 2021 4:42 AM

The anti Linda troll is tiresome af. She was one of the greats. There's no disputing it. And who the hell wants a "cute" haute couture model? Nobody. It"s mystery and glamour that was required and she had it.

by Anonymousreply 259September 29, 2021 6:53 AM

No one was disputing it.

No wants a cute haute couture model.

Cute was in reference to cross over appeal.

by Anonymousreply 260September 29, 2021 6:58 AM

Oh, Carmen, you magnificent Diva.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 29, 2021 6:58 AM

[quote]Carmen Dell'orefice is 80 and she still works.

Carmen is [bold]90[/bold], henny (6/3/1931)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 29, 2021 7:14 AM

I saw Carmen on the subway about 10 years ago. I couldn't believe my eyes. Gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 263September 29, 2021 7:19 AM

A good chuck of "lost" Madoff investments have been returned now, I thought I read.

by Anonymousreply 264September 29, 2021 11:15 AM

r264

by Anonymousreply 265September 29, 2021 11:29 AM

Good god Carmen is mesmerizing. How can anyone possibly be that gorgeous at 90?

by Anonymousreply 266September 29, 2021 12:32 PM

Also, Linda passed for mid-50s but I always assumed she shaved quite a few years off her age, so she's probably in her early 60s at least.

by Anonymousreply 267September 29, 2021 1:56 PM

She’s probably like most 50 year olds - you try to lose weight but you have that stubborn jelly that just hangs there. So she got the cool sculpting thinking it would help because she was supposed to be in that runway show with those other super models. Shit happened with the procedure , and she would have been the donkey like Edina Monsoon and couldn’t be in the show, so now she’s suing.

by Anonymousreply 268September 29, 2021 2:02 PM

I watched a Documentary (About Face: Supermodels then and now) on Amazon Prime and they had a segment on Carmen. Of all the models featured, she was/is the most devastatingly striking of them all. Her impeccable style and presence is untouchable regardless of age. If I'd been born female she is what I would want to look like. She is interviewed and is very interesting and has a New York kinda accent. Many YouTube clips of her for those interested. Oh yeah, in the documentary, Linda E. was no where to be found! Maybe she was at the start of her plump phase and the producers passed. What Linda needs to do if pass on all those fat pills she's been scarfing down!

by Anonymousreply 269September 29, 2021 2:03 PM

Disfigured? I thought she was an atheist

by Anonymousreply 270September 29, 2021 2:07 PM

I wonder what work Carmen has had done. Her neck and face are wrinkle free. I love the fact that she doesn’t seem to have filler (or if she does it’s very subtle). I am so over the filled joker faces that many older people have.

by Anonymousreply 271September 29, 2021 2:37 PM

Even with some extra weight, she still looks good. Her face hasn't changed much. Disfigured is a bit of an exaggeration.

by Anonymousreply 272September 29, 2021 3:04 PM

R271...If I remember in HBO's documentary, About Face...Carmen was one of the models featured. She said, years ago, she had major dermabrasion done on her face...and would get silicone (yikes!) shots for a filler. Maybe that was back then with the silicone. I can't imagine doing that today with the terrible side effects. I don't like today's fillers either, but they seem much safer.

by Anonymousreply 273September 29, 2021 3:15 PM

Carmen had silicone injections with Dr. Norman Orentreich and his son, Dr. David Orentreich. Dr. O. pioneered the so-called microdroplet technique, which uses tiny amounts of silicone to build collagen under the skin. He also invented the Buf-Puf exfoliating sponge.

by Anonymousreply 274September 29, 2021 4:49 PM

Stunning in Fall 1992!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 29, 2021 9:56 PM

Did she apply Cool Sculpting to her face? Is that possible? Is that what she is implying?

by Anonymousreply 276September 29, 2021 11:31 PM

Naomi the cunt tried to keep Tyra banks from the catwalks. that's a fact. She didn't want tyra to be in the same show as her.

by Anonymousreply 277September 29, 2021 11:45 PM

r277

by Anonymousreply 278September 30, 2021 12:06 AM

R278

by Anonymousreply 279September 30, 2021 12:08 AM

R278

by Anonymousreply 280September 30, 2021 12:08 AM

r279 r280

by Anonymousreply 281September 30, 2021 12:09 AM

Why do people just type in the reply number in a separate post?

by Anonymousreply 282September 30, 2021 12:09 AM

Because they’ve blocked so many people, R282, but want to see what the people responded. I don’t know why you’d block anyone then.

by Anonymousreply 283September 30, 2021 12:15 AM

Her ex husband is accused of sexual assault by dozens of ex models including Carrie Otis who said he raped her when she was under age. Idk if it’s wise for her to put herself in the news now if she knew about his behavior or worse, had any role in recruitment.

by Anonymousreply 284September 30, 2021 12:17 AM

I found R278 s picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 30, 2021 12:18 AM

Linda has publicly stated she supports the women speaking up about her ex. In fact, she hinted that she was a victim of abuse at her ex's hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286September 30, 2021 9:06 PM

Casamigos is a Real Housewives drink

by Anonymousreply 287October 1, 2021 2:22 AM

This dumb slut drank her way to fattyness and is now is trying to blame "Cool sculpting" for her fatness! Sister put down the frozen pizza's and bottles of pinto grigio and get on a treadmill!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 288October 14, 2021 3:57 AM

She has very thin narrow bones and looks best in graphic tailored clothing. Yes her weight gain obscures her bone structure but she simply doesn't have the frame to carry baggy ethnic caftans like she's been wearing. I can imagine she had a very fast metabolism when young and wasn't used to healthy eating so she ballooned

by Anonymousreply 289October 14, 2021 6:38 AM

I remember in the '90s during the peak of her fame, one of Linda's lungs collapsed. I always assumed it was because of her chain smoking and as a chain smoker myself was always paranoid it would happen to me.

by Anonymousreply 290October 14, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote]R244 Yasmeen was one of THE Supermodels. Yasmin was a successful model in that era who was friends with the top girls, but mostly appeared on Elle covers and in a few campaigns here and there.

I met a rich New Yorker who said he dated an 80s supermodel that was trans. I always imagined it was Yasmeen Ghouri (if he was telling the truth.)

by Anonymousreply 291October 15, 2021 6:00 PM

NYT has something to say about Linda and her plight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 16, 2021 11:19 AM

For those up against the Times's paywall:

Earlier this month, the former supermodel Linda Evangelista took to Instagram to announce that she was suing the company behind the cosmetic procedure known as CoolSculpting for tens of millions of dollars because, she said, she had been “brutally disfigured.”

Regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit against Zeltiq Aesthetics, it’s hard not to feel sympathy for Ms. Evangelista in the midst of her saga. While there are known risks associated with all cosmetic procedures, and Ms. Evangelista must still prove her case, no one deserves to enter a doctor’s office seeking treatment, only to emerge disfigured.

There is a mythic component to the sobering and revealing mirror her circumstances now hold up to our culture. Ms. Evangelista’s story invites us to consider it in a broader context.

For those who remember her feline stare as she stalked the runways of the 1990s, Linda Evangelista epitomized the era’s omnivorous glamour. Like the other top models of that time, she was tall and lithe, but it was her astonishing face that made her fortune. At the height of her career she notoriously claimed she wouldn’t get out of bed for less than $10,000.

Hers was a ferocious beauty: dark, intense blue eyes tilting cattishly upward at the corners, brows arching dramatically like Sophia Loren’s, the perfectly carved mouth of a classical statue and an arresting nose no plastic surgeon could ever approximate. It was a photographer’s dream — a hypnotizing play of light, bone and angles.

That a mere mortal was tasked with reshaping her, trying, that is, to wrest the chisel away from the hand of Nature herself, makes for Greek levels of tragedy.

CoolSculpting, which promises to freeze away fat cells without surgery or pain, has been around for years, with ads on television, social media and in many dermatologists’ offices. My own dermatologist has one of the big white machines in her office and has suggested the pricey treatments to me as a quick way to slim midriff or bra-line areas for swimsuit season. I resisted out of a combination of frugality (it costs thousands) and mild suspicion. But I am a mere civilian, a bystander on the sidelines of beauty warfare. Linda is a warrior-goddess.

And so, like Athena, into battle she went — the battle, that is, waged incessantly against age, and flesh, and “bulges,” and any other perceived deviation from bodily perfection. For women’s bodies, that is. And who can blame her? Though 56, Ms. Evangelista apparently still had modeling options, an exceptional longevity shared by only a few of her age peers. (Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Kate Moss and Amber Valletta still find work.)

But CoolSculpting, according to the lawsuit, left Ms. Evangelista with the purportedly rare side effect known as paradoxical adipose hyperplasia (PAH). The “paradox” of this term refers to the fact that, instead of shrinking away, the fat cells actually rebound and accumulate, causing fatty deposits to multiply and swell in the treated areas. According to Ms. Evangelista, the many areas she had treated between 2015 and 2016 — chin, thighs, abdomen, flanks — now appear heavier than before.

Even stranger, this new fat results from the treatment itself, not from any weight gain. Weight loss, therefore, cannot help or reverse it. Even full-body liposuction (which Ms. Evangelista said she tried) did not fix the issue. According to her lawsuit, this has deprived her of her livelihood and plunged her into deep depression and self-loathing, leading her to become a recluse.

Her body has done the precise opposite of what it was supposed, or expected, to do — on several levels. On the most obvious one, it has resisted the “sculpting,” the lawsuit says, and apparently grown less shapely. But on a deeper level, her body seems to have resisted something else: It somehow refused to conceal the trauma inflicted upon it.

by Anonymousreply 293October 17, 2021 6:18 PM

Let’s face it, however “mild” or “noninvasive” a treatment like CoolSculpting claims to be, the concept of freezing your fat cells to death with a giant machine suggests a certain, inherent violence at work. And while it is reputed to be painless and require no downtime, anecdotes online from former patients are starting to pile up, detailing side effects such as severe pain and reduced mobility, lasting for weeks.

A spokeswoman for Zeltiq’s parent company, Allergan, declined to comment for this article, on either the lawsuit or the reports from former patients of the procedure’s side effects.

Many people might find those reported side effects unsurprising. How could anything powerful enough to blast away your very flesh not also inflict some other, attendant damage? How could there not be hidden consequences (even if Ms. Evangelista’s situation is more rare)? Why had we not heard tell of any of this before?

The answer lies in how much our society invests in disappearing the violence of beauty culture. We gloss over the possible side effects, pain and distortions of cosmetic surgery. Despite talk of body positivity and diversity, we still do little to address our national obsession with thinness and dieting, with youth, with polishing our human skin to the smoothness of glass.

Five minutes at Sephora is all you need to grasp the ever-multiplying categories of things we can do to “improve” our bodies. There is no part too small to be monitored, controlled, embellished, augmented or removed entirely, from eyelashes (extend) to lips (inflate) to body hair (eliminate) to pores (reduce) to eyebrows (reduce, but also enhance) and so on, through nails, hair, teeth, ad infinitum.

Some of this body modification is, I admit, fun and interesting, and I do not claim to live apart from my own society: I both enjoy and feel obliged to practice certain beauty rituals, which have changed over time, as I age. It’s simply impossible not to internalize some part of these overpowering demands.

But this is precisely why Ms. Evangelista’s lawsuit is so startling and important: It actually reveals the processes we are meant to disappear or disavow. Not only did this mishap force her to acknowledge that, yes, a woman in her 50s would need “help” to appear as slim as a fashion model of 25, it also spectacularly demonstrated, even performed, the internalization of artificial beauty culture.

The “paradoxical” fat deposits she cites in her suit are not the crucial paradox here. The real paradox is middle-aged women expected to look 30 years younger than they are. The films and magazines filled with impossibly smooth-skinned 50- and even 60-somethings, Pilatified and Botoxed and wearing hair extensions. They are living paradoxes yet presented without comment or explanation. The paradox is that a world obsessed with women’s hyper-visibility can dispatch them so swiftly to invisibility, to exile, should they fail to adhere to certain diktats.

And then there’s this detail, again worthy of Greek myth: According to Ms. Evangelista’s lawsuit, and to other people who have suffered the side effect of PAH, those stubborn fat deposits that balloon beneath their skin do not look like normal flesh. Instead, they resemble longish, solid rectangular bars — which in fact, reproduce perfectly the shape of the hand-held CoolSculpting wand, the device that is passed over the flesh to “freeze” the fat.

In other words, in cases of PAH, the body permanently takes on the precise contours of the tool used to reshape it. The body has literally, visually, internalized the weapon that deformed it and conformed to that weapon. In Ms. Evangelista’s case, she says her body created a permanent, visible record of what it — and she — were supposed to conceal.

by Anonymousreply 294October 17, 2021 6:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!