Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FDA Approves Pfizer Vaccine Booster Shots for Elderly and Vulnerable

[QUOTE]The authorization sets up a staggered campaign to deliver the shots. It opens the way for possibly tens of millions of vaccinated people to receive boosters at pharmacies, health clinics, doctors’ offices and elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2021 2:35 PM

Is this good for those of us who had the 2 Moderna shots?

by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2021 12:44 AM

Oh, is 51 elderly?

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2021 12:46 AM

I would be turned away, as I barely look 32.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2021 12:48 AM

Damn, 65. Maybe I can spray some gray in my hair and lie?

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2021 12:50 AM

Who you trying to kid, R4?

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2021 12:54 AM

You only need to tell the pharmacist you have a health condition and you'll get the booster. At any age

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2021 12:56 AM

Don't worry, r4...you'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2021 1:00 AM

Thanks! Will do that. Otherwise, I will say I am a teacher or cashier for the shot.

"The advisory committee also suggested that people at high risk of exposure at work, such as health care workers and teachers, should be eligible for booster doses.

That was reflected in Wednesday's emergency use authorization. "Health care workers, teachers and day care staff, grocery workers and those in homeless shelters or prisons, among others," will be able to get third doses of the Pfizer vaccine, the acting FDA commissioner, Dr. Janet Woodcock, said in a statement."

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2021 1:00 AM

Actually, I really do look younger lol. This is the one time I wish I looked older. But there is a workaround thanks to R6🤞

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2021 1:04 AM

[QUOTE] Is this good for those of us who had the 2 Moderna shots?

The verdict isn’t out on whether you should mix and match, R1. Of course it shouldn’t kill you and plenty of people have already done it.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2021 1:06 AM

So, what did they decide today?

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2021 1:35 AM

Three groups approved for booster shots today:

a. over 65

b. people 18-over with chronic health conditions

c. people working jobs with high potential exposure to COVID.

My doctor's office said people who were vaccinated with J&J/Moderna will have a wait a short time for approval. No word on mixing vaccine brands.

Scheduled my booster today for 10/6. (high blood pressure) Yay!

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2021 1:39 AM

What is going on with Moderna? We are at 8 months vaxed. I want the booster but would prefer Moderna. Idk about mixing them.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2021 2:51 AM

Will my well worn knee pads be proof enough that I am a vulnerable swallower?

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2021 9:49 AM

Thanks R12! 6 month mark in Oct. So, I have a "heart condition" as of now. I can't wait for them to get around to approving it for the rest of us.

Now, when can the under-12 Covid spreaders get their first shot?

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2021 1:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2021 1:16 PM

[quote] Will my well worn knee pads be proof enough that I am a vulnerable swallower?

I don’t know. We’ll have to test to see.

Call me!

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2021 2:06 PM

Just turned 44 a few days ago and suffer from severe asthma. It's listed on my visa and temporary health card. The 3rd doses start on the 28th of September here and I sighed up.

by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2021 2:20 PM

R13

Moderna opted for stronger initial doses - booster isn't quite such a "thing" for those.

by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2021 2:30 PM

*signed up

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2021 2:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!