Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Rebecca DeMornay?

I know she still does TV work here and there, but she was on quite a roll doing films in the '80s and '90s. Her sultry blonde looks worked to her advantage in her two iconic roles as a sly hooker in Risky Business and the nanny from hell in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle. I think she needs a comeback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2021 12:14 PM

“When your husband makes love to you it’s my face he seeeeees.”

Love her in THTRTC. Didn’t she get arrested for drunk driving a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2021 11:07 AM

Well thanks a lot, OP, now I want something covered in cheese sauce.

Humph.....

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2021 12:00 PM

I recently visited my mother, who likes to talk shit about everyone, and while standing in line at a cafe she noted the woman in front of us looked like "That woman from 'The Hand that Rocks the Cradle!" She was dressed just like the character of Peyton, but she was nowhere near as beautiful as Rebecca was.

Anyway, it's a shame her career flamed out...she was pretty and a good actress too. Hell, one of my favorite movies is "Wedding Crashers," and she wins the MVP award within the first 2 minutes ("You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!")

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2021 12:07 PM

She has/had a small role in Lucifer, as Chloe’s mother. It was interesting to see her onscreen again, but not sure he still has a lot of what made her so compelling onscreen at the start of her career. Although maybe with the right role, who knows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2021 12:15 PM

She was so good in Risky Business.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 1:33 PM

Seems like she would have been a natural for the American Horror Story franchise. And I feel like FEDS with her and Mary Gross should be a DL classic film. Used to run on HBO all the time and had a bit of an Outrageous Fortune vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 1:54 PM

I love the movie Identity. She's great in that.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 2:00 PM

Wasn’t she Tom Cruise’s gf back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2021 2:36 PM

She and Tom lived together for a while and event went to the Breakfast Club premiere together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2021 4:03 PM

Her father was right wing radio and tv commentator Wally George. I wonder if part of her liked doing those risque roles that required copious amounts of nudity just to aggravate him.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2021 4:04 PM

She was great in the underrated remake of AND GOD CREATED WOMAN. She and Vincent Spano smoldered onscreen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2021 4:06 PM

She was in the video for Starship's "Sara"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2021 4:06 PM

Yes, r8; she was his first major s.o. DeMornay is the daughter of the late right-wing, Prince Valiant wig-wearing tv personality Wally George. He milked that fact after Rebecca became a star, even though Wally bailed on her and her mother when Rebecca was a toddler. Rebecca seemed to have daddy issues -- one of the great loves of her life was Harry Dean Stanton!

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2021 4:09 PM

I thought she was excellent in The Story of Two Brains with Clive Warren.

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2021 4:36 PM

She DeRetired I think.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2021 4:41 PM

I really liked her in that horrible "The Shining" miniseries remake from 1997.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2021 6:39 PM

Stephen King did too, R16.

She was his first choice for the part and said her Wendy was more what he envisioned/wrote than Shelley Duvall.

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2021 6:43 PM

She had a LTR with Leonard Cohen (such an odd pairing). I think they were actually engaged.

Since we all know what was happening to her "Hand the Rocks..." co-star Annabella Sciorra's career at the same time, I wonder if Rebecca DeMornay has a similar Harvey Weinstein story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2021 6:47 PM

I like her version of Little Red Corvette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2021 8:12 PM

Never a bad performance and often better than the movie itself.

Payton is one of the all-time screen villainesses and I cheered her on all the way.

My imagined ending to the movie involves her killing that entire yuppie family, including the annoying child, and then having a fight to the death with Marlene.

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2021 9:04 PM

She looked great laying on the stairs as Tom Cruise pounded her twat in Risky Business.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2021 9:14 PM

Wasn’t she married to Ryan O’Neal’s most well-adjusted son at one point? Or am I thinking of someone else?

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2021 9:33 PM

^She has two kids with Patrick O’Neal but they never married.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2021 10:12 PM

Her sex scene with Banderas in Never Talk to Strangers was hot stuff...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2021 10:15 PM

Don Johnson chewed the scenery in all their scenes in Guilty As Sin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2021 10:17 PM

Rebecca's terrific as Trish's exploitative mother on all three seasons of "Jessica Jones."

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2021 1:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2021 5:36 AM

This woman is a nobody. They are a fish dinner.

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2021 5:54 AM

^ Joan Collins

by Anonymousreply 29September 23, 2021 6:02 AM

[quote] She looked great laying on the stairs as Tom Cruise pounded her twat in Risky Business

To me the most memorable scene is when she walks in the living room and says, “Are you ready for me, Ralph?” The angle of the shot and even the way she was standing was so perfect. I wanted to fuck her myself.

by Anonymousreply 30September 23, 2021 12:55 PM

She looked amazing in her American Pie Reunion cameo in 2012, and much like her old self on Hawaii Five-0 in 2013.

Then she didn't work for about two years, and by the time she resurfaced in Jessica Jones in 2015, she had bloated so much she was unrecognizable.

Booze?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2021 5:50 AM

Wow! I watched [italic]Jessica Jones[/italic], and I didn't recognize her. She didn't even seem familiar.

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2021 6:07 AM

Perhaps she had been ill; some drugs and drug combos really can bloat you to the point of unrecognizability.

The Castro Theater really should honor her with a screening of THTRTC, followed by a gossipy discussion.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2021 7:19 PM

Tom Cruise was hot AF back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2021 7:41 PM

R25, is that the movie where they go over a railing and she twists them in midair so that she lands on him and survives, and he dies?

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2021 7:57 PM

^Yes.

by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2021 12:32 PM

She's the rich man's Pia Zadora.

by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote]She's the rich man's Pia Zadora.

Hon, Pia Zadora was LITERALLY the rich man's Pia Zadora.

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2021 6:48 PM

I thought De Mornay was excellent as the Vicki Morgan-inspired character in Dominick Dunne’s “An Inconvenient Women”. The scene of her murder was haunting and sad.

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2021 12:05 PM

“An Inconvenient WOMAN” — darned autocorrect!

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2021 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!