Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tyler Henry, The Hollywood Medium

Family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2022 11:28 PM

Why is this even a question?

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2021 2:36 AM

If a guy claims to be psychic there is a 99.999999999% chance that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2021 6:02 AM

He's a Libra, darling!

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2021 6:06 AM

It's not a secret. He's out.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2021 7:34 AM

Fugly.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 7:54 AM

I wonder how many steps away from being an evangelist he was - ridiculous scamming fraudsters.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 10:23 AM

He’s soooooo gay

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 10:52 AM

He looks like a grownup now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2021 8:17 PM

Looks more like Hollywood Basic to me.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote] AN EVENING OF HOPE, HEALING, AND CLOSURE

He's talking about his prolapsed anus.

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2021 8:25 PM

Definitely does not have psychic powers.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]If a guy claims to be psychic there is a 99.999999999% chance that he's gay.

He's not a psychic, he's a medium and talks to dead people.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2021 9:33 PM

He is not a medium. His results on his show are a combination of cold reading, briefing by producers, and the editing out of all of his mistakes and failures.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2021 9:47 PM

Entertainment only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2021 9:54 PM

Grifter... The Dr. Phil of psychics

by Anonymousreply 15November 7, 2021 9:59 PM

Psychics are fakes, you mean?

People are such dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 16November 8, 2021 1:14 AM

Randi was as much bullshit as the people he went after. He went after the cliche Hollywood psychic types and demanded they "perform" on command.

by Anonymousreply 17November 8, 2021 2:03 AM

R17 He made a nice living from his "charitable" foundation, that's for sure, but the people he went after were legit crooks. Nothing in the world wrong with making a career out of going after shills such as Peter Popoff and Sylvia Browne, not to mention the homeopathy idiots.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2021 2:07 AM

Part of Tyler's shtick is, because he is so young, to pretend he has no idea who the celebrities he "reads" are. Like, he'll show up at some woman's home (his producer ostensibly sets up his meetings anonymously), and that woman happens to be Janet Jackson, and Tyler sees a picture of Michael on the mantle, and ask if that's her dad, or some disingenuous shit.

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2021 2:38 AM

Yes a young flaming princess who moves to Hollywood of all places but apparently has no interest or background knowledge whatsoever in pop culture. It's all such bullshit, such a cynical con job.

by Anonymousreply 20November 8, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote]He made a nice living from his "charitable" foundation, that's for sure, but the people he went after were legit crooks. Nothing in the world wrong with making a career out of going after shills such as Peter Popoff and Sylvia Browne, not to mention the homeopathy idiots.

True but he dismissed any notion that there may be people who may be psychic who don't set up card tables at conventions and just live normal lives.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2021 1:02 PM

Did he bang Nico Tortorella?

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2021 1:05 PM

He looks dead in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2021 1:09 PM

I just want to fuck the woo-woo right out of this twink.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2021 1:45 PM

R24 The thicker the cock, the clearer the mind.

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2021 10:23 PM

He's also a stained glass artist/artisan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2021 1:59 PM

R26 now that was just the PERFECT addition and cherry for our little cake here.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2021 2:05 PM

Can he put me in touch with Judy?

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2021 2:07 PM

Pretty sure he's out. He's real cute, wonder who the lucky boyfriend is?

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2021 2:24 PM

Yes, he's out and he has a young LOVAH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2021 2:26 PM

I would watch that show for sure! Twink medium building bridges to gay icons of the past! It would be even more entertaining if they don’t have the skill and make up all this funny BS about talking to Judy and being friends and what was really going on with Liberace… Etc.

Disney+ Has this funny series of shorts… It’s Josh Gad as Olaf and he interprets and reenacts famous Disney films. Each short is a few minutes long and really funny. This could feel like that… Although I don’t know why I brought this up seemed analogous in someway. The Olaf shorts are better than the original movies but I’m no Disney fan. Anyone else like Josh God’s work?

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2021 2:31 PM

Even the young ones have young lovahs. It’s like Beverly Hills Chihuahua. A younger Twink is the perfect accessory, even if you are a young Twink! You can never have too many that’s my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2021 2:35 PM

He transformed very rapidly from pretty twink to having a leonine surfer-dude type face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2021 2:38 PM

He. Is adorable. Are we sure he’s a scammer, or does he believe in his skills? His aw Shucks thing is cute

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2021 2:45 PM

"Madonna, I am seeing you aging badly"

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2021 2:50 PM

I don't care if psychics are scammers. People who go to them should be well aware that they might be dealing with con artists. I've been to a palm/tarot card reader three times, and every time I go in woth a critical ear knowing she's making shit up, but it always leaves me with introspective questions. I think it's interesting, even just sitting down with someone who 'reads' you intuitively and gives you food for thought.

Tyler Henry intended and studied to become a hospice nurse before becoming known as a medium. He is specifically a 'medical medium' who claims to zone in on people's causes of death. Obviously, having studied nursing with an eye toward hospice care, he'd be pretty well informed about how people die and this would give him a good foundation for inventing stories about how people die.

His show does appear scammy to me. He always claimed not to know who the celebs were, way beyond my ability to suspend disbelief, and I always had the sense his team did background research on the celebs. I watched his show for a while because he is cute and charming and because, as I said, even when people go in expecting to be scammed, they still end up emotionally engaged and questioning. I find that interesting to witness.

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2021 2:53 PM

He reminds me of Justin Hartley at R33.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2021 3:47 PM

R37 Yeah, I feel a little creepy about finding him so attractive there. He's 25 but he still seems like a kid.

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2021 3:50 PM

Justin Hartley?

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2021 4:00 PM

A charlatan and a sister.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2021 7:43 PM

Is his show still on?

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2021 9:51 PM

Has he "solved" any century-old Hollywood murder mysteries?

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2021 5:59 AM

Yes he's on Netflix. And yes, he is openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2022 1:02 AM

R43 As a skeptic I just watched the entire Netflix series. Still doubtful of the medium claims, but he either has concomitant clairvoyant skills, or his producers aren't beyond recruiting a transient to set a destructive fire and claim responsibility for it.

The back story about his mother's origins is kind of interesting, as they develop independent of his sideshow.

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2022 12:24 AM

He's straight and kind of soft, nothing wrong with that...

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2022 12:31 AM

He’s straight???

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2022 12:33 AM

r17 James Randi might have gone after some low hanging fruit but he spent his entire career looking for proof of anything supernatural and never found it. And he definitely went after people who used media to pretend to be something they aren't--just like Tyler Henry.

Anytime a fake like Tyler Henry comes up, it's important to say that this is all bullshit and he knows it. There are definitely people who think they are psychic. None has ever been able to pass a test under scientific scrutiny. Ever. People like Tyler Henry are total grifters and in his case, his parents were in on it by training him. Its actually kind of sad because as an adult he's trapped in this huge lie that is the center of his identity and earning potential.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2022 12:41 AM

Psychics are either fakes, or so inconsistent in their ability to pass on messages, that they become fundamentally unreliable.

I've had psychics tell me amazingly accurate things but also a lot of bullshit. So it becomes a question of whether the hits were just lucky guesses and wishful thinking on my part, or whether the lines of communication are so warped its all rendered unreliable.

This guy feels like a fraud to me. The schtick is so false.

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2022 12:54 AM

He comes from a fine family, his father is a tile setter. I don't think he's fake, what would be his motivation?

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2022 1:02 AM

Why are so many "psychics" women and gays?

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2022 1:06 AM

I prefer Kim Russo. She's very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2022 3:58 AM

r49 Pretty much everyone who does what Tyler Henry does eventually admits to being a fake. Because they are not communing with spirits, they are using mentalist tricks that have been developed and improved upon for over 100 years now. If they're selling tickets claiming to be psychic, they're fake. The fact he started so young is proof he was taught these tricks. His motivation is money. And because he started as a child, his parents put him in a horrific position that will weigh on his conscience and probably lead to self destructive behavior because he can't admit he's a fake. It's not like an actor who does something wrong and has to admit it publicly--if he admits it, his "career" is over.

Watch some James Randi videos on youtube or even Nightmare Alley, which in a nutshell, is about the ethics of doing mentalism (magic tricks that give the suggestion of psychic powers, usually in crowds) versus the "spook show" (pretending to have contact with dead people so you can trick emotionally fragile people into giving you their money).

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2022 5:43 AM

That's absurd.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2022 5:51 AM

Many celebrities think it's a perfectly normal part of life to go to a psychic to hear what (deceased) Grandma or Grandpa is up to and what their latest warning entails, or if (deceased) Dad or Mom really did love them but didn't know how to show it. They believe everything a psychic says, no questions asked. It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2022 5:56 AM

Yes, I assume he had a family at least at some point in time but if they’re really all dead, the bright side is that he can still talk to them!

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2022 6:25 AM

R45 Dude's definitely not straight. He has a live-in bf - they discuss proposals and marriage while rock climbing.

by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2022 6:27 AM

R55 If you mean Henry, his parents are both alive, and his mother's actively involved in his business.

by Anonymousreply 57March 24, 2022 6:30 AM

[quote] or his producers aren't beyond recruiting a transient to set a destructive fire and claim responsibility for it.

Right, that fire in the final episode of the Netflix series seemed a little too convenient. But if it was really hoaxed, then the convicted female arsonist was willing to go to prison for the illusion of Tyler Henry's act.

by Anonymousreply 58March 24, 2022 7:22 AM

100% ghey, 101% full of shit. Psychics are for desperate people.

by Anonymousreply 59March 24, 2022 7:27 AM

[quote] Psychics are for desperate people.

On his E! series his clients were mostly celebs. They desperate for the exposure, he desperate for easily Googleable subjects.

In the Netflix series he seems more desperate to convey authenticity.

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2022 5:30 AM

For anyone wondering why a celebrity would go on his show--THEY ARE PAID. The show contacts the agencies, lets them know they're paying $10-25k per appearance (or more if the celebrity warrants it) and the agents get back to them with the names of their clients who are desperately looking to make a quick buck and they negotiate a fee.

by Anonymousreply 61April 2, 2022 5:24 AM

He’s a phoney.

by Anonymousreply 62April 2, 2022 6:11 AM

He's google-stalking fraud.

Pretty quick on the tongue, tho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 9, 2022 1:53 AM

Tyler Henry Gives Corey Feldman Message From Co-Star Corey Haim

How does Corey Feldman have a house like this...? What does he even do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2022 11:00 PM

Just another con artist.

by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2022 11:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!