Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fauci mulls ‘mix and match’ strategy for COVID-19 vaccine boosters

The federal government may determine in the coming weeks that Americans can “mix and match” their initial COVID-19 vaccine with booster shots from a different manufacturer, Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Monday.

Ongoing studies suggest it may be safe and even preferable to boost one manufacturer’s product with a jab from another vaccine maker, said Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and chief medical advisor to President Joe Biden.

“We are in the process of doing those studies right now,” Fauci said in an interview with McClatchy. “We already have the data that was recently published actually of using Moderna as the boost for any of the other three vaccines – Moderna against Moderna, Moderna against Pfizer, and Moderna against J&J.”

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2021 11:48 AM

Cannot link: Mcclatchydc

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 8:47 PM

I want to try moderna after getting Pfizer

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Just go get one of each.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 8:54 PM

When do the boosters come out for everyone? I'm more than quite alright with the order of preference thus far because it is fair minded and decent. But, I live over in the South so I'm just curious. Later in the week I'm getting the flu shot and all.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 9:09 PM

First the elderly and medical providers will get booster. Likely have to wait another month or so for boosters to be available for everyone

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 2:56 AM

I'd like one from Column A and two from Column B, please.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 4:57 AM

Oh well, too late for me. I got three of the same.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 4:59 AM

I just got a booster yesterday!

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2021 5:09 AM

R8, you type old

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2021 10:57 AM

I'm not, R9. I had a third shot because I'm one of those people who received mixed doses 1st jab was AZ, 2nd Moderna. Some countries aren't recognizing mixed doses so was offered a second Moderna shot for travel purposes.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2021 1:52 PM

Where people receiving their boosters? I'm 68m years old and was told by several pharmacies to wait, that FDA has not given full approval. it's expected this week.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2021 3:10 PM

Is Moderna the one working on the Covid/flu shot combo?

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2021 3:47 PM

R11, actually the FDA okay is the real okay. The CDC will weigh in today, but the FDA's emergency approval means it should be available now.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2021 3:59 PM

Faucci holds patent for covid

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote]Faucci holds patent for covid

Keep fucking that COVID-infected mule, troll.

(And it's "Dr. Fauci", one "c", to you)

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2021 4:16 PM

As a govt employee, Fauci cannot hold a patent on something he talks about as part of his job

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2021 4:50 PM

[Quote] Faucci holds patent for covid

Who holds the patent for AIDS? Cancer? Farting?

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2021 4:51 PM

California plans dramatic push on COVID-19 booster shots, vaccinations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2021 10:29 PM

Angela Merkel received 2 different vaccines (AZ and Pfizer).

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2021 10:42 PM

I thought there would be more news and more data about this. When is it coming? Early results were promising.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2021 10:23 AM

I think some data came out yesterday but still need to verify it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2021 11:57 AM

R19: Me too: First AZ, then Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2021 12:02 PM

Fauci proves yet again that the medical community is learning about the behavior of both Covid and the vaccines using the masses as guinea pigs.

He knows for 100% certainty that you can contract, spread and die from Covid whether or not you are vaccinated.

He knows for 100% certainty that the vaccines have limited efficacy.

Everything else out of Fauci's mouth is pure speculation.

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2021 12:16 PM

R23, sorry to break it to you, but this is a new pandemic so no one has any idea how exactly it’s going to act. Yes, everything’s a guess but the scientists are making educated guesses based on how pandemics generally act and how the corona virus generally acts

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2021 12:20 PM

R24 Educated guess is an oxymoron. No different to the groundless strategies that Fauci regularly utters.

Viruses are individual. They may or may not share general behavior traits. Covid-19 does not share behavior traits with other corona viruses, such as SARS and MERS. That's why Fauci and the rest of the medical professionals are still virtually clueless about Covid's behavior after 19 months.

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2021 12:28 PM

[quote]He knows for 100% certainty that you can contract, spread and die from Covid whether or not you are vaccinated.

How do you explain how the unvaccinated are more likely to be hospitalized and die than the vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2021 12:34 PM

R26 Go back and READ the R23 post. S L O W L Y. It is a general description of what the medical profession knows for 100% certainty re Covid/vaccines. Not an argument for/against vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote]Covid-19 does not share behavior traits with other corona viruses, such as SARS and MERS.

Odd, then, that scientists are working on a single vaccine that would protect against a range of coronaviruses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2021 12:41 PM

[quote]that scientists are working on a single vaccine that would protect against a range of coronaviruses.

And the operative words are "working on". As yet, it doesn't exist. And it may never exist. Exactly due to the "novel" nature/behavior of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2021 12:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2021 12:48 PM

R27 - why make a statement @ R23 if you don't want it questioned?

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2021 12:52 PM

R31 Because you're not questioning the statement in R23. You're questioning based on YOUR INTERPRETATION of the statement.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote] We keep getting closer to discovering /defining antibodies

[quote] 3rd such study this week, all providing momentum towards

And as yet, it doesn't exist. And it may never exist.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2021 12:59 PM

Anti-vaxxer logic:

Something doesn’t exist- it is impossible! Something does exist - it’s too early!

Scientists are studying- I never learned anything from studying, clearly studying doesn’t work.

Ninety-nine out of a hundred and one out of a hundred are basically the same, because I don’t know how numbers work and neither should you.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2021 1:01 PM

I can't find any data on the Moderna booster (which is at a lower dose than the original hot) after Pfizer 2X. I have Moderna but my Aunt has Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2021 11:37 AM

Fauci mulls ‘mix and match’ strategy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2021 11:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!