Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Lopez says she is a 'scarce asset' because she can sing, dance and act

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 22, 2021 6:02 AM

Oh honey, no..

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 2:05 PM

Looks like a lady, thinks like a man.

This JLo dude is all ego, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote] Ben Affleck adds 'I am in awe of her effect on the world' in rare joint interview

Does this remind anyone else of Gone Girl? Affleck's character did a TV interview in which he said gratuitous, gushy things about his psychopathic wife to appeal to her ego and get him off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 2:07 PM

Has anyone actually heard her sing a cappella?

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 2:08 PM

And owns furniture that isn't Little Rockery.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 2:08 PM

Bennifer need to do a sequel to "Gigli."

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 2:09 PM

R4 Yes, and you can, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 2:10 PM

Remember that time she tried to sing Barbra Streisand? 😂

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 2:10 PM

Modesty, Thy Name is J-Lo!

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 2:11 PM

She def can dance. Sing? Fuck no. Acting? Better than Mariah for sure

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 2:12 PM

I love that giant maxi pad she was wearing at the strip show during the Super Bowl

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 2:13 PM

She's just so damn boring.

There are currently no exciting, interesting celebrities which is why this person is on the cover of every magazine.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 2:13 PM

At least the media doesn’t act like she’s a “god” like they do with BeyoncĂ©. She’s far less annoying.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 2:14 PM

R13 Beyonce was brilliant to decide not to do interviews or to make most of her personal life public. People always have and always will appreciate celebrities who keep parts of their lives hidden. It adds a mystique that feeds into our idea of someone as a 'legend.'

J-Lo is the opposite kind of celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 2:16 PM

R12, I love how shady you're being by not even using her name. I wonder if referring her as "this person" will catch on here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2021 2:18 PM

R14, Beyoncé’s personal life is public. She takes her fugly brats to every awards show.

She doesn’t do interviews because she’s dumb as a box of rocks and it’s much easier to keep her “ black feminist crusader” image intact if she doesn’t speak to the press.

. Jlo is able to present herself well enough to be on tv every week and most of the public seems to like her. She has nothing to hide unlike Bey.

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2021 2:19 PM

I agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2021 2:20 PM

HAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2021 2:20 PM

Judy could sing, dance and act. Jenny from the Block not so much.

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Just like Mariah Carey, Whitney and Janet Jackson, she has no artistic talents. They are BASIC so called artists offering no artistic values.

by Anonymousreply 20September 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Still determined not to leave one single thing to the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 21September 21, 2021 2:24 PM

Pride goeth before a fall.

by Anonymousreply 22September 21, 2021 2:25 PM

She can also toot her own horn.

by Anonymousreply 23September 21, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote]Has anyone actually heard her sing a cappella?

I was in a store last week and Love Don't Cost a Thing came on over the speaker system. I hadn't heard it in years and it's just so painfully obvious now that she's not the one singing on like 2/3 of her songs. When she does sing, her voice sounds just like her speaking voice - thin and wispy, with no power whatsoever. She has some big time nerve to claim credit for what she can't and didn't do.

by Anonymousreply 24September 21, 2021 2:31 PM

R24, She sounds like she always does on that song which is just like her speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 25September 21, 2021 2:33 PM

She really is delusional. And interviews like this are the reason she will never be taken seriously, and why her hoped-for Oscar nomination did not happen.

by Anonymousreply 26September 21, 2021 2:35 PM

Please go away. We’re sick of you and all your constant need for attention.

by Anonymousreply 27September 21, 2021 2:35 PM

Sure, Jan.... I mean Jen

by Anonymousreply 28September 21, 2021 2:38 PM

She's not wrong, but having an over-inflated ego makes her as common as dirt.

Also, she appears to be a complete failure in the one area that consumes so much of her time and energy: Finding a man who won't cheat on her.

5 engagements, 3 marriages.

by Anonymousreply 29September 21, 2021 2:39 PM

She can sing, but not particularly well. Can’t recall her being known for dancing, and all her movies have been flops.

by Anonymousreply 30September 21, 2021 2:43 PM

I like to joke that Madonna is a triple threat: Can't sing, can't dance, can't act...yet insists on doing all 3.

However, Jennifer is a jack of all trades, and a master of none. She's a good actress, a decent singer, and a good dancer...but it's not like she ranks among the best in any of those fields. She'd be wise to remember her primary areas of expertise have always been having a fantastic body and flawless skin.

by Anonymousreply 31September 21, 2021 2:51 PM

More like a scared ass afraid of aging.

by Anonymousreply 32September 21, 2021 3:11 PM

Her youngest ex sucks a mean cock!

by Anonymousreply 33September 21, 2021 3:12 PM

Several of her songs are just exact replicas of songs that failed earlier (unknown) artists. The woman is nothing but a pop culture product. She's not a talent; she's a nice package with capital and she basically uses herself like real estate, investing in new projects and making a compounding profit. Just a series of cash grabs, no artistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 21, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote] "Authenticity is her brand... "

Sweet Mother of God! These Hollywood people...

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote] I agree with her.

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2021 3:20 PM

Jennifer Lopez is like Lina Lamont.

She can't sing, she can't dance, and she can't act.

She's a TRIPLE THREAT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 21, 2021 3:22 PM

Yes, she can dance, sing, and act, but she's not an exceptional dancer, actor, or singer. If you want to call that a triple threat, fine. She has made a lot of money being mediocre, and I don't hate her for that. I thought she was great in "Hustlers", some of her songs were catchy, and I have never watched her and thought of her as a great dancer.

by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2021 3:26 PM

I've hated this cunt for decades. She has always had ghost singers on her albums and 100% lip syncs. Her dancing is average and her acting is below average. She has somehow always fucked her way to relevance.

by Anonymousreply 39September 21, 2021 3:26 PM

She is a triple threat: she'll cut you, she'll sue you, she'll slander you in the media if she doesn't get her way!

by Anonymousreply 40September 21, 2021 3:28 PM

she's not totally wrong. I mean, she can do all of those things, even if not spectacularly. But, I don't now who "scarce" the triple-threat asset is, because it would only be a needed asset if some production needed someone to do all three things. For the overall limited number of productions (stage, tv, film) that require that, I think there's probably enough people.

by Anonymousreply 41September 21, 2021 3:44 PM

R41 Madonna can do most of those things equally—granted, Lopez is a better actress. Madonna is a better stage performer.

Nicole Kidman, Cher, Gaga, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Catherine Zeta-Joenes, Remew Zellweger and almost everyone from Glee can do all of them and do many them better.

Even GOOP.

'Triple threats' aren't such a rarity. They're practically a prerequisite to work on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 21, 2021 3:58 PM

Nobody cares if you can sing, dance and act if you're mediocre at all 3 of them. A person who's exceptional at only one talent will always trump her, like Streep or Mariah.

JLo is the embodiment of the old adage: Jack of all trades, but master of none.

by Anonymousreply 43September 21, 2021 4:00 PM

But it worked out pretty well for her, no?

by Anonymousreply 44September 21, 2021 4:06 PM

She had real potential as an actress but wasted some of her prime years chasing a pop career. Hollywood remembered that, which is why she hasn't a prayer of taking home a major award at this point. They give awards to people who really invest their time in the film industry and make it money.

by Anonymousreply 45September 21, 2021 4:10 PM

She's a bit of a scammer, and much more talented as a businesswoman than she is as some great artiste. But she has managed to keep herself relevant as one of the top names in entertainment for a quarter of a century, which is actually insane longevity, and even though I only like a few of her earlier songs, I have to respect the hustle (no pun intended). The devil is working hard, but J.Lo is working harder!

Where she is right is that there aren't many performers who fit this 'showgirl' archetype any more. She's very Las Vegas in that way. Even though the performers back then were much more talented than she is, her 'skill set' hasn't been valued by Hollywood since the MGM era. By 'skill set' I mean flashy costume changes, looking glamorous on screen, some mild 'diva' allure, a lot of feathers and sparkle, and yes, being able to act/dance/sing to some extent. She's almost like a modern Irene Cara who parlayed it into much more success.

I thought she should try to use any newfound goodwill from Hustlers to try and get more indie roles and decent acting parts, maybe a HBO miniseries - dancing and music won't last forever, mainstream pop scene is much more ageist. Acting is probably her best strength, I remember her holding her own in some 90s movie opposite Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, and Judy Davis. But she still seems hell-bent on remaining a 'STAR', promoting her relationships and doing trashy leading romance vehicles. They are probably fun to do anyway, good for her I guess.

by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2021 4:12 PM

Mariah hasn’t been spectacular at singing in her entire life. She was a studio creation.

by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2021 4:17 PM

When we talk about the voice, we have miss Whitney

When we talk about the undisputed Queen of Pop, queen of Reinvention, we have Madonna

When you try to be good at everything with no real talents to back them up, you are not good at anything. Jlo is one of these. She’s a very smart business woman however. She’s no artist. She’s a basic bitch

by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2021 4:21 PM

R47, She was an excellent singer with her first album and her iconic Christmas album. After that her voice deteriorated due to poor singing technique.

by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2021 4:23 PM

R47 You are ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2021 4:24 PM

Let's talk about studio creations, though...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2021 4:25 PM

Mariah is a talentless fat cunt whose husband used dirty tricks to get her 15 of those 20 #1s.

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2021 4:25 PM

I'd say she definitely is an artist, just not a great one (possibly a few exceptions). I don't know where this belief that the artistic cream will always rise to the top comes from, and that if you're not the BEST, you're not to be considered an artist at all. To be a PROFESSIONAL artist, business sense is half the battle. There's myriad ways to be a non-professional artist. Humans have doing it for millennia as part of their cultures.

by Anonymousreply 53September 21, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]After that her voice deteriorated due to poor singing technique.

You can't blame the state of her voice on that. She doesn't tour and barely sings live when she performs on an awards show, which isn't often. She just can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2021 4:27 PM

[quote] She is limitless. She is resilient. Authenticity is her brand, and with that she chooses to use her influence to help provide others with opportunity and to enhance their lives.

[quote]'Making things better, more beautiful and meaningful is at the core of everything that she does. She strives to make the lives of people better and more inspired.

This sounds just like the kind of impactful and deep language I would use to describe myself and my own brand.

I mean, Harry and myself, and Harry's and my own brand.

by Anonymousreply 55September 21, 2021 4:29 PM

The irony of JLo stans trying to say that Mariah can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 56September 21, 2021 4:29 PM

Mariah is 52. She lost her range a decade or so ago. That is not at all uncommon.

Tori Amos is my favorite artist and I value all her music, but that doesn't mean I haven't noticed her voice has thinned out significantly beginning in her mid-40s. She had a very dynamic range, great resonance and supposedly very good technique. But she aged and her voice changed. Our bodies go slack and lose muscle tone and so do vocal cords and all the associated muscles. It's not anyone's fault when someone ages and their voice suffers. Some people fare better just as some people's outward appearances remain less aged than others. It's fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 21, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote] Also, she appears to be a complete failure in the one area that consumes so much of her time and energy: Finding a man who won't cheat on her. 5 engagements, 3 marriages.

Does that really have anything at all to do with her being an artist? I mean you could say that about all kinds of other performers, from Elizabeth Taylor to Madonna to Artie Shaw. It doesn't seem to affect their work much.

It sounds like you're saying, "Yes, she may be a successful artist, but all that really matters for any woman should be finding a man and holding on to him!"

by Anonymousreply 58September 21, 2021 4:33 PM

R53 That is the biggest load of crap I've ever read, fucking tard. Humans have not had global pop stardom for thousands of years.

by Anonymousreply 59September 21, 2021 4:41 PM

Ben Affleck is saying: I'm the artist. Her shtick is being Hispanic and being a symbol to other women.

This relationship is on its last legs.

by Anonymousreply 60September 21, 2021 5:02 PM

I'm also a comedian. Thinking about going pro. Quadruple threat! Ben's friend Matt laughs at all my fag jokes!

by Anonymousreply 61September 21, 2021 5:06 PM

She is the queen of brand deals

by Anonymousreply 62September 21, 2021 5:17 PM

If you're an artist and then you become a brand you make a shit-ton of money, but you also become pretty soulless, which is why her manager's words sound so ridiculous. It also means you cease to become taken seriously as an artist by most people since you're shilling crap to the masses, whether it be sneakers or fragrance or self-help tricks.

J-Lo wants it all--branding as well as artistic respect--, but she's always been respected more for her beauty than for her dancing (her best talent), her acting (which she is talented at, despite her unwillingness to stretch her range in any way or take on difficult roles), and especially her singing (which is wholly unmemorable). She was smart to lend herself towards hawking make-up and perfume, but now she's suddenly insisting everyone respect her as an actress again, and it's pretty hard to do when her most visible efforts in the last fifteen years have been such contemptible pieces as "Maid in Mnahattan" and "The Boy Next Door" ("A first edition of Homer? For me?")

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote]because she can sing, dance and act

But can she down a bottle of Miltown and go on live TV?

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2021 5:50 PM

She too damned old.

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2021 5:50 PM

R58, take your feminist outrage and chill, it's not warranted.

As the earlier poster pointed out, she's had three marriages and five engagements. That is not the behavior of someone who doesn't have relationships uppermost in her mind and on her agenda.

Lots of women don't need a man, don't need a marriage and they're just fine. JLo obviously isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2021 5:54 PM

She acts like she can sing and dance.

by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2021 6:25 PM

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 21, 2021 6:38 PM

She can??? These developments are entirely new.

by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2021 6:47 PM

Make yourself scarce, Jen.

by Anonymousreply 70September 21, 2021 8:30 PM

On top of being a "singer, dancer and actress", she has just shown to everybody that she has yet another talent: comedian... Because this bitch MUST forcefully be joking.

Just watch the video below and LAUGH at her so-called singing and dancing. Her only merit is that she is the only woman in history to build a successful show business career out of cellulite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 21, 2021 8:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 21, 2021 8:56 PM

I like this comment left on the Daily Mail article:

“You want to know what is scarce JLo? Natural resources, clean drinking water, medical Isotopes, and apparently common sense. Certainly not Hollywood entertainers.”

by Anonymousreply 73September 21, 2021 9:09 PM

Jen, hon. Have you forgotten Gigli?

by Anonymousreply 74September 21, 2021 9:13 PM

This photo was R1 in a LSA thread about this.

Other comments:

“The jokes write themselves”

“What’s that old saying again? Oh yeah, Jack of all trades, master of none”

“I want half her confidence or half of whatever she’s smoking”

“Ben come get your girl”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 21, 2021 9:20 PM

Lord, this bitch is deluded.

by Anonymousreply 76September 21, 2021 9:41 PM

Dancing, I'll give her. She's an excellent dancer. Best ever? No. Yet far better than many.

Acting: She turned in good performances in Selena, Out of Sight, Hustlers, and Monster in Law (that one, mostly aided by the comedic brilliance of Jane Fonda and Wanda Sykes) -- everything else has been forgettable dreck, not helped by poor writing.

Singing: I'll just say, if Selena hadn't been murdered I bet J-Lo would have kept her shtick at dancing and acting. Because what she gives us musically is minimal vocal range, highly auto-tuned, and nothing but club hip-hop earworms. While she did have the balls to sing live-ish at Biden's inauguration, Gaga made clear which of those two is the truly gifted vocalist.

by Anonymousreply 77September 22, 2021 4:55 AM

Sing, dance and act?

by Anonymousreply 78September 22, 2021 4:58 AM

I think JLo is a competent actor but not good enough to have a career in acting if she wasn't JLo. I'm sorry she sees herself as an incredible actor.

by Anonymousreply 79September 22, 2021 5:03 AM

So, where is she on her EGOT?

by Anonymousreply 80September 22, 2021 5:05 AM

'Scarce asset' - really? She's an above average dancer, an average singer, and can act sometimes with authenticity - but nobody is overly impressed by her acting either.

She can connect with people? She's not Oprah. People haven't seen the real her - all we see are interviews and her reputation in the 90's and 2000's was AWFUL.

But she has made it through 25 years of business being relatively close to the top - so that means something. But she really needs to get a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 81September 22, 2021 5:12 AM

Sure, JLO, whatever you say.

by Anonymousreply 82September 22, 2021 5:14 AM

Haha. She cute.

Sing?

Act?

I'll give her dancing. I guess.

by Anonymousreply 83September 22, 2021 5:23 AM

A truly visionary brand includes weekly pap walks to church.

by Anonymousreply 84September 22, 2021 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!