Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

US Averaging 2,000 COVID Deaths Per Day for the First Time Since March

[QUOTE]Though new infections are declining in hot spots like Florida and Alabama, the Delta wave is now impacting states further north, including Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee where COVID hospitalizations are now at an all time high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2021 2:35 PM

A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 11:55 AM

we are just barely ticking upwards in cases but deaths are still low and steady

most be from some other part of the country

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 12:05 PM

[quote] A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

Huh? Why would they be hospitalized then?

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 12:08 PM

Reading the article at r1, it seems a lot of people go into the hospital for something else and find out they have COVID, meaning their COVID was asymptomatic.

[quote]the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 12:09 PM

[quote]One of the important implications of the study, these experts say, is that the introduction of vaccines strongly correlates with a greater share of COVID hospital patients having mild or asymptomatic disease. “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study.”

[quote]“People ask me, ‘Why am I getting vaccinated if I just end up in the hospital anyway?’” Griffin said. “But I say, ‘You’ll end up leaving the hospital.’”

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 12:10 PM

I am not as good a person as I thought.

I thought it was evil when I heard Millennials and Zoomers were calling COVID "the Boomer remover" in 2020. (I'm Gen X, by the way.)

But I just read this headline and my immediate thought was that if COVID wipes out the mindless Republican drones in Florida and Texas and the rest, what a relief.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 12:21 PM

OIC, R4. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 12:24 PM

Is the high number of infection a result of lax quarantine observation during the summer? Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. People are "over" covid and want to get back to normal. Covid aint done with us. New Zealand and Australia have had additional lockdowns.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 12:28 PM

Did you say lockbox?

Oh, lockDOWNS.

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 12:31 PM

At what stage of this pandemic are Repigs realizing they are mostly killing their own?

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 12:41 PM

R10 Only when and if votes begin to favor Democrats. (Even then they will just claim election fraud.)

I think we should let them do what they want and consider it counter-gerrymandering. It's one way to bring down the numbers of Republican voters in carefully drawn voting districts.

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 12:45 PM

I don't think COVID will kill enough people in one location/state to make a difference for the GOP as far as pure numbers of voters go, but surely some of their survivors will take exception to the fact that the Repugs killed off their beloved grannies and meemaws.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 12:54 PM

R8 Auckland has been separated from the rest of New Zealand and two guys were just arrested for trying to bring in KFC.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 1:22 PM

[QUOTE] but surely some of their survivors will take exception to the fact that the Repugs killed off their beloved grannies and meemaws.

😂 Yeah right. They’ll just blame the Democrats, or immigrants, or black gang members in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote]They’ll just blame the Democrats, or immigrants, or black gang members in Chicago.

The gay man’s people.

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2021 1:48 PM

Surgeries being postponed once again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2021 1:54 PM

R16: paywalled

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2021 2:27 PM

[quote] Is the high number of infection a result of lax quarantine observation during the summer?

No, it’s because of the morons who won’t get vaccinated

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2021 2:50 PM

I'm vaccinated and I just came back from getting a COVID test because my doctor thinks I have it, based on symptoms. If I'm positive I'm gonna start throwing punches.

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2021 3:04 PM

Being vaccinated and getting Covid is actually a good thing, R19. You’ll survive and the additional antibodies will make your immune system that much stronger.

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2021 7:48 PM

They need to coin a new phrase: Covidchondriac. All these 7,000 cases a day in my state- who the hell are these people? Do they test themselves daily? Do they take up a hospital bed with the sniffles? They've gone from denial to deranged.

And they never publish the average age of the dead. My guess is 80, same as any other flu season.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2021 8:52 PM

No, no, he’s right.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2021 9:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2021 10:23 AM

USA; always looking to be #1 in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2021 11:00 AM

R19 Since you're vaccinated and you have to go into a hospital for treatment you won't leave in a body bag.

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2021 11:02 AM

I can post!!!

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2021 3:49 PM

President Biden now underwater on Covid in polls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2021 1:26 PM

No,it's not.

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2021 12:03 PM

Joe not to blame. The paste eaters are to blame.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2021 12:50 PM

Covid now worse under Biden.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2021 1:00 PM

R30, because of those against Biden refusing to vaccinate.

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote]Covid now worse under Biden.

Try harder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote] Though new infections are declining in hot spots like Florida and Alabama, the Delta wave is now impacting states further north, including Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee where COVID hospitalizations are now at an all time high.

We’ve seen the pattern before. The South gets hit in the summer because people spend their days inside for the air conditioning. In the Winter, it’s the people in the North who go inside because of the cold. Covid transmission occurs almost exclusively indoors.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2021 1:24 PM

[Quote]two guys were just arrested for trying to bring in KFC.

Regular or extra crispy? Seriously, chicken? Or were they arrested for trying to sneak themselves in?

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2021 1:59 PM

KFC contraband.

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2021 2:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!